Sensual metaphors

CharleyH said:
What is sensual though? There is also cliche'd sensuality. Is this sensual? Is it the metaphor - which I am big on - or the combination of sensual metaphor, and sensual usage - placement and cadence, rhythm and sometimes rhyme. In this - the above - you have some absolutely beautiful turns of phrases:

Cobalt frame is wonderful, as is the first stanza ... but the rest? The car ... is it metaphor? Is it sensual? Or is it cliche' and generic? Verging on Camp? Kenneth Anger comes to mind here. :) (not meant to offend, but the metaphors are too obvious - too much. It is TOO much in the way of kitsch - if you get me :) :rose:

I always look to your posts with great interest even if I'm not quite sure what I should be learning. I understand your thoughts on the lines between what the ear expects to hear and the desire to offer something new.

What determines the difference and what especially falls short? Is sensuality defined by the sexual adventure or does it also embrace a simple wordless touch?
I'm usually caught deciding how obvious the metaphor should be. I can make love with a warm apple pie in countless ways.

Fortuitious coupling
by fate chance design.
she seeks me.
Sole scent inundates
enclave to hearth,
cast iron wills, scorched
stones to part.

Burnt by my impatience
tasting only an aroma,
no resistance, reach again.
Resolution melts,
spreading buttery temptation
on golden skin
to excess
drip and sizzle.

bluerains said:
never found my lunch box so full :D very humorous bit of allegorical lunch.. :kiss:

Sometimes we must say the first things ... that tripps off da tongue ...
* lmao

I could not resist the temptation, so I let it flow~

Thank You Blue~ :cathappy:

Angeline said:
You'll love it. It's a wonderful form because you get to work with your favorite lines of poetry. :)

Glosa Poetry
A Spanish form also known as mote or retruécano, closely related to the cantiga.
In its strict form it is a poem consisting of a line or a short stanza called cabeza (or texto), stating the theme of the poem and followed by one stanza for each line of the cabeza explaining or glossing that line and often adding a refrain as the last line.
The cabeza may be any length or rhyme scheme and the poet is free to choose any other form.
Loosely the glosa is any poem expanding in the theme presented at the opening stanza and usually repeating one or more of the lines of that stanza.

texto:
As I sleep alone in this distant town.
An ethereal blanket keeps me safe and sound.
glosa:
The lonely night draw swiftly down
Covering the world in a deep black gown
Creeping softly in without a sound
As I sleep alone in this distant town.

I close my eyes, but sleep can't be found
Till your loving spirit wraps itself around
Then I'm covered and warm wrapped in love
An ethereal sheet keeps me safe and sound.

Teagan De Danaan

In the example above the glossing has been done by means of a short Rubaiyat. In the example below, Court uses an Envelope Sestet and repeats the glossing as the first line as well as the last line.

Western Wind

Western wind, when wilt thou blow,
That the small rain down shall rain?
Christ! that my love were in my arms,
And I in my bed again.

--ANONYMOUS

Western wind, when wilt thou blow?
When shall the rivers begin to flow
Over this ice toward the sea?
When will the branches of the tree
Drop their mantles of rime and snow?
Western wind, when wilt thou blow,

That the small rain down shall rain?
Then may the willows in their train
Loosen their limbs upon the stream;
Then may birdsong burst this dream
Of winter to seek the sprouting grain,
That the small rain down shall rain.

Christ! that my love were in my arms
Where the grass greens and the bee swarms!
She is fair as the mountain heather,
Comely and kind as Maytime's weather
Over the land after April storms--
Christ! that my love were in my arms,

And I in my bed again
Where gladly I have slept and lain
Upon the pillow of her hair.
When shall I once more come there,
Her breast beneath the counterpane,
And I in my bed again.

--Wesli Court

This is mine. I love the form.

Glosa on Coole Park

But now they drift on the still water
Mysterious, beautiful;
Among what rushes will they build,
By what lake’s edge or pool
Delight men’s eyes, when I awake some day
To find they have flown away?

~ William Butler Yeats, The Wild Swans at Coole

But now they drift on the still water
Where once they rushed in tides,
Silenced by a distant daughter,
Lake’s mistress who abides

Mysterious, beautiful,
Laurel crown and empty hands.
Is this prison? Was she dutiful,
Married to the stands

Among what rushes they will build
Their nests, companionable in pairs,
While she alone and wise, stilled
By moon ennui declares

By what lake’s edge or pool
She might have made her home,
Or known how gentler rule
Might keep her safe as starlight’s dome

Delights men’s eyes, When I awake some day
From ancient dreams to find that dawn
Reveals a feather, will I shake away
Sleep from my limbs, and with a yawn

Exhale memories, unfold these wings
To flight, release hope to another day
And soar skyward as hours cling
To find they have flown away?

Ok MISTRESS Angeline - you better be there if I need an eye. ;) :D

catalyst is a word of wisdom I would use in this pen...rumi..am in awe of this wonderful pen..you have such a power unpluged...am really not understanding why you don't get charged...lol/blue

Fortuitious coupling
by fate chance design.
she seeks me.
Sole scent inundates
enclave to hearth,
cast iron wills, scorched
stones to part.

Burnt by my impatience
tasting only an aroma,
no resistance, reach again.
Resolution melts,
spreading buttery temptation
on golden skin
to excess
drip and sizzle.[/QUOTE]
:kiss:

ruminator said:
I always look to your posts with great interest even if I'm not quite sure what I should be learning. I understand your thoughts on the lines between what the ear expects to hear and the desire to offer something new.

What determines the difference and what especially falls short? Is sensuality defined by the sexual adventure or does it also embrace a simple wordless touch?
I'm usually caught deciding how obvious the metaphor should be. I can make love with a warm apple pie in countless ways.

I try to have fun mostly, but be an ass to elicit reaction ... is an awesome goal. ;) So if you do not understand me thats ok, ask for clarification. I am always happy to give it.

Now see what I have gone and done? You went and posted and asked an amazing question?

That is my goal :D :kiss: Always.

CharleyH said:
I try to have fun mostly, but be an ass to elicit reaction ... is an awesome goal. ;) So if you do not understand me thats ok, ask for clarification. I am always happy to give it.

Now see what I have gone and done? You went and posted and asked an amazing question?

I don't need the bells to ring...but....I like you charlie... :kiss:

CharleyH said:

yikes! You would speak words possibly untrue to delight in the reaction?

:cool: .....I like it. I get called an ass when I do it and the difference between that and the curious awe you inspire is what I try to understand.

;)
Thanks.

That's a bun in the oven....blue... :rose:

On car poetry and metaphor.
SHE BEING BRAND

she being Brand

-new;and you
know consequently a
little stiff i was
careful of her and(having

thoroughly oiled the universal
joint tested my gas felt of
her radiator made sure her springs were O.

K.)i went right to it flooded-the-carburetor cranked her

up,slipped the
clutch(and then somehow got into reverse she
kicked what
the hell)next
minute i was back in neutral tried and

again slo-wly;bare,ly nudg. ing(my

lev-er Right-
oh and her gears being in
A 1 shape passed
from low through
second-in-to-high like
greasedlightning)just as we turned the corner of Divinity

avenue i touched the accelerator and give
her the juice,good

(it​

was the first ride and believe i we was
happy to see how nice she acted right up to
the last minute coming back down by the Public
Gardens i slammed on

the
internalexpanding
&
externalcontracting
brakes Bothatonce and

brought allofher tremB
-ling
to a:dead.

stand-
;Still)

--e. e. cummings​
and one of my own...
The Oil Change

He stood beside her,
Tin lizzy in human form,
Massaging her hubs,
With castor oil.
He slowly torqued,
Her grease nipples,
While she tugged,
His air hose,
And opened her brake,
Control valves.

He crawled beneath her,
Giving her chassis,
A twelve point
Inspection.
Her rack and pinion,
Steering nearly drove him,
Off the hoist,
When he heard,
The gears mesh,
Inside her transmission.

She purred when the key,
Was turned in her ignition.
The wetness coursed through
Hoses heated with,
Hydraulic fluids.
Pistons stroking in,
Tight cylinders, sucking,
Squeezing, banging, blowing.
Valves clamouring and splashing
In delightful synchronization.

His satisfaction is,
A job well done,
His reward a well,
Maintained exterior,
A clean interior,
And high viscosity oil.
Next time, maybe an,
Investment in,
Tire rotation,
Will be in order.

what power

controls the dove...as the dove flies...am in great sorrow..as the dove is in such decline...

ruminator said:

:cool: .....I like it. I get called an ass when I do it and the difference between that and the curious awe you inspire is what I try to understand.

;)
Thanks.

That's a bun in the oven....blue... :rose:

ruminator said:

;)
Thanks.

Oh you both like it ... I am a poetic sadist :| My words are true thou, so never and I LOVE MY SAYING, never am I beyond contradiction :)

;) LOL

CharleyH said:
Ok MISTRESS Angeline - you better be there if I need an eye. ;) :D

The mistress is always glad to offer poetic consultation, even when no one agrees with her. :D

Angeline said:
The mistress is always glad to offer poetic consultation, even when no one agrees with her. :D

Let's say, for the sake of argument, I couldn't agree more.

I'm just proud to be in the company of such awesomenicity.

I humbly bow before you all as a gesture of my unyielding respect and awe.

;)

am really

having wet eyes...to the beauty of all the wisdom and thoughtfulness of all of your
time...lol...blue :)

My hands

Open the curtains of your being

Clothe you in a further nudity

Uncover the bodies of your body

My hands

Invent another body for your body

Octavio Paz

More from Before... A Journey with NW Wolf...

Thank you for all the delightful response and return pen including the wonderful sagas so wonderfully presented by Blue and others… (A Gracious Bow… and Gentle Smile to all…)

I trust you will enjoy the next day in the life of Lynn…

“More from Before”…

The Journey to beyond Rightfulness and Wrongfulness… (Gentle Smile)

You awaken with a Jolt, Alone in your bed
This trip to the Forest must have been a dream
You wonder for a moment if you were dead

Your mouth feels and tastes strange
What a dream it seemed, what is this taste
Where was this strange and different Forested Place

As you regain your senses of the world around you
Once again in your bed, this is a familiar space

You remember for a fleeting moment, how safe
And how free you felt in this other time and space

A meadow so light and warm, a forest so magic
A stream so pure, a breeze so alive that it danced
Teasing your cheek and caressing your breasts

You are always amazed Sara Lynn at how quickly dreams come and go.
You have always been special,
Always in touch with the here and now
And somewhere out there always in the Know

But in this moment it the alarm has just gone off and time to get ready for work.
A different Journey to that forest of concrete and steel
Ragged noises, strange smells, and the disorder you loathe to feel

But before you get up Pretty Lady just one more stretch, a gentle twist of your neck from left to right, a gentle movement front to back, all of a sudden memories flood, Wow… what a night

That taste again… there it is seemingly deep in your throat and yet on your lips…
You run your tongue lightly across your lips…salty yet sweet
Mmm… a surge… a tingle in your belly… and a twinge deep between your hips

Stretching, turning, arching your back… smiling, wondering if as you did this would you excite a man… (Gentle Smile)

Slowly you lift your belly… your legs open slightly once again stretching…
Wondering if your lover would find you fetching…

Gently you reach up and slowly caress the sides of your breast moving the palms of your hands gently forward pretending that your lover was there to share the warm soft curves that lead to your sensitive nipples now stirring alive from the anticipation of your feather light touch… a touch that you are so familiar with…

For a moment you touch these tender delights… mm... A gentle twist… a gentle pull… light touches and strokes… wetting your fingers with a gentle lick from your tongue… mmm there is that taste again… the memories of last nights dream drift like a gentle breeze as you tenderly fondle your breasts…

Could it be, you were really there, if you had been
What would he have done next… would you care…
You are tired of being alone… your love and Passion you would gladly share…

Would he have guided your hands already on your breasts down to your soft belly… Starting… stopping… moving slowly… his hands on yours controlling your movements… down… Slowly…
Holding you still…tracing his fingers in between yours, you are so soft… so warm… his touch is electric… slowly letting fires build from the embers that quietly smolder in your belly… the heat spreading upward… to your soft breasts… downward to your core of your being…the fire builds…

You have longed for the coals of this fire to be fanned… the embers have glowed for so long… desire just below the surface… you have hidden this desire for so long… the fire is building Pretty Lady…

Dreams once again drift slowly… and persistently… totally occupying your mind… overflowing to your emotional self… gently awakening a new level of sensuousness… the fire builds… no longer embers smoldering… flames of desire flick at your Essence… demanding attention…

He leans forward… lowering his lips to your breasts… licking in a slow circle closer and closer to your right nipple… not quite… almost… lifting his head he repeats the journey on your left breasts… closer to your nipple… then a gentle bite… a gentle pull with his teeth… raking your nipple with his tongue as he pulls so gently… holding your hands still in place against your belly…

Now to the right breast… licking… circling… a gentle bite a raspy lick a firm pull and a gentle bite… your nipples are so firm… so hot… he pulls slightly higher… leans closer so that the sensitive nipples touch the warmth of his chest… kissing up the right side of your neck… a kiss… a lick… a gentle bite… exploring your warmth… feeling your shy blush with his tongue…

To your ear… around just a little behind your ear to that most sensitive place… kissing… licking… back along your neck… up to your soft lips… a gentle kiss… a tender slow lick across your lips… you part your lips just ever so slightly… your tongues touch… fanning the flames of passion inside you ever so brightly…

Deep searching kisses… Exploring each other… tasting each other… you feel hardness against your hands and belly as he explores you with his hard cock… a trail of pre cum… trailing along your belly… it could be liquid fire it is so hot against your flesh…

He pulls back his kiss… a light kiss on your forehead… then down to your neck again… slowly… down between your breasts… tasting the beads of sweat building between your breasts… in these sensitive place warm wet kisses… down… So slowly… down…

He pauses of just a moment… touching his pre cum with his tongue… mixing it with the sweat from between your breasts… moving slowly and deliberately he extends his tongue to paint this mixture of delights gently across your lips… kissing back down to your belly…

Moving your hands now to your side… holding your hands still… kissing down… searching the softness of your belly with his tongue…your hips lifting… begging him to find that special place that will release the roaring fires now raging between your legs… his journey seems to have taken forever…

He can smell your desire… he can feel your wetness against his chest…he can feel the strain in your legs as you try to gain leverage and pull him closer… he feels the twisting of your wrists… struggling to be free to drive him to your burning pussy…

He lowers his kisses… to between your legs… first licking the inside of your right leg… Just below your pussy lips… then licking the inside of your left leg just below your pussy lips… so softly… gentle bites… here and there… kisses… licks…

Then with his tongue he is touching the outside lips of your pussy for just a moment, again with his tongue… now the other side… a gentle bite… a lick… another… another… no matter which way you move to claim your prize he moves just a little in the other direction…

He can hear your whispers… your growls… “Lick me… Lick my Pussy… Eat me… Please”… your breasts now heave from your ragged breathing… More growls… more whispers… Begging… Demanding… Begging… you twist and turn… blatantly offering your prize to him… Begging for him to put out the fires of desire for at least the moment…

With a whisper he says to you… “Show me your special place Pretty Lady… touch it for me… hold it for me so I can lick it… kiss it… if I let your hands go… will you show me… will you dig your pretty long fingers into your pussy for me… wetting this special place”…

As soon as he has released your hands… your fingers plunge into your wet pussy… He pulls your right hand wet from your pussy to his lips… sucking on your fingers… licking them… sucking hard… cleaning your wetness from them… releasing your hand again... he says again, show me Pretty Lady… he has replaced your fingers that were digging deep in your pussy with is own… gently exploring your most private places…

As you show your most cherished prize to him… a gentle touch with his tongue to just the right spot… there… again… a lick… a kiss… a long lick up from the bottom of your pussy back to the special place… again between your pussy lips and your leg… frustration builds…

You wrap your legs around his neck… pulling him in close… your hands to the back of his head… guiding his lips to that special place… fingers digging into his neck… kisses… sucking… licking… sucking… you feel it building… your pussy flowing with your special juices…

There… Pretty Lady… There… Now… let the explosions of your senses over take you… let go… growl… hiss… move… do what quenches your raging fires… the blinding lights in your mind… the lightening bolts of your emotions… Cum for me Pretty Lady… Cum in my mouth… so I can taste your essence…

Gentle kisses to these special places continue the lightening bolts here and there… but the Thunderstorms of desire are moving slowly away… he kiss you softly along your belly…up to your lips… sharing your tastes with you… for just a moment…

You roll to your belly… arching your back to present your delightful ass… mmmm… nothing…

A quick look around the room… no one… where did he go… the puddle on the sheets says someone was there… what seems like a flash from the corner of your eye… nothing… But there is a presence… you feel so safe…

Reluctantly you shower dress and get ready for work… as you return to pick up your watch and jewelry… a flower… like the ones you saw in the meadow while dreaming… You smile… you feel the light brush of Wolf Energy against your leg… you will be safe today Pretty Lady…

There is a briskness to your step…things go right…traffic lights are just right… people smile and give way to you… it will be a Very Good Day Pretty Lady… (Gentle Smile)… a Very Good Day…

You May Always Travel Safely in Bright Light Surrounded by the Energy of Wolf… :rose: ....(Gentle Smile)

some

champagne1982 said:
On car poetry and metaphor.
and one of my own...

very clever lines champagne.
Effective in delivery as well. You must have spent time on such a superb metaphor.
Thank you for sharing with us...QP.. :)

waning moonlight
hangs on a nocturnal
skyscape

clouds blanket
pale changes in the
sea

everything is moving
in grey shadows
across harbor ridge bay

sounds of a distant
estuary faintly crooning
feathered ambience,
beacons her tapping
feet blurring the surface
of Sara's watery reflection

suddenly Sara's pristine seclusion
senses a sinister calm as
a howling timber wind
invades serenity

she dips her wings
into the Maestro and snatches
the beastly nyght

churning sea turns the color
of mud and
the tides devour
tempestuous gloom
of a starless night..

Last edited:
The Crystal Gazer

I shall gather myself into my self again,
I shall take my scattered selves and make them one.
I shall fuse them into a polished crystal ball
Where I can see the moon and the flashing sun.
I Shall sit like a sibyl, hour after hour intent.
Watching the future come and the present go -
And the little shifting pictures of people rushing
In tiny self-importance to and fro.

- Sarah Teasdale

bluerains said:
waning moonlight
hangs on a nocturnal
skyscape

clouds blanket
pale changes in the
sea

everything is moving
in grey shadows
across harbor ridge bay

sounds of a distant
estuary faintly crooning
feathered ambience,
beacons her tapping
feet blurring the surface
of her watery reflection

suddenly her pristine seclusion
senses a sinister calm as
a howling timber wind
invades serenity

she dips her wings
into the Maestro and snatches
the beastly nyght

churning sea turns the color
of mud and
the tides devour
tempestuous gloom
of a starless night..

(Gentle Smile)... Waning Moons... Howling Timber Winds... Music to a Timber Wolf...(Gentle Smile)

NW Wolf said:
(Gentle Smile)... Waning Moons... Howling Timber Winds... Music to a Timber Wolf...(Gentle Smile)

Blue is a very talented poet! :rose:

Jennifer C said:
The Crystal Gazer

I shall gather myself into my self again,
I shall take my scattered selves and make them one.
I shall fuse them into a polished crystal ball
Where I can see the moon and the flashing sun.
I Shall sit like a sibyl, hour after hour intent.
Watching the future come and the present go -
And the little shifting pictures of people rushing
In tiny self-importance to and fro.

- Sarah Teasdale

Crystal in the Shape of Gaia... Appearing to be still while Spinning...Reflecting the dreams and various shades of self... Nice Jennifer... (Gentle Smile)...NW Wolf

NW Wolf said:
Crystal in the Shape of Gaia... Appearing to be still while Spinning...Reflecting the dreams and various shades of self... Nice Jennifer... (Gentle Smile)...NW Wolf

Thanks, I liked it!
:D :) :rose:

Back