To quench his thirst ( Male needed)

shexay_xx

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 21, 2005
Posts
769
To quench his thirst (Closed for ThePhoenixMan)

( I got this idea from a book I recently read , it was very good and I now love the idea of vampires exsisting in our word)

" ...And remember to email me everyday so I know you're ok! And it's cold down there so wrap up warmly honey ok?"

Tessa sighed and rolled her eyes as her mum rattled on, "Mum I'll be fine , you've told me this a thousand times , I'm sure char- I mean dad is capable enough to look after me"

Her mum scoffed " huh, that man couldn't keep a pet rock alive!"

Tessa shook her head, her mum and dad were always bad mouthing eachother but it was to be expected after their messy divorce, what had started as a wonderful relationship had turned sour as her father had become engrossed with his work as police sheriff of Dunsdale, he had no time for his wife anymore or so her mother had told her, and so she had decided to take her 12 year old child with her to california to start a completley new life.

And now that Tessa was 18 she was being sent down again to live with her father in a freezing village where nothing ever happened, whilst her mum was going off with her new man Phil on a tour with his new book.

"I'll be fine mum"

_________________________________________________________________


Her father greeted her at the airport a nervous smile on his kind face, and he akwardly hugged her, he wasn't the type who was was overly affectionate and Tessa was glad of it, like father like daughter. Tessa shivered as the cold air hit her, she'd forgotte just HOW cold Dunsdale could be . Her and her mum had gone shopping for new winter clothes, so she was fairly stocked up on sweaters and warm boots and a nice coat, wich Tessa pulled closer to her body.

She climbed quickly into her father's old battered car , sighing with relief as he placed her suitcase in the back and then turned on the heat, he smiled at her as they pulled out of the airport " Cold allready huh?"
She nodded, holding her arms around her, her pale skin covered in goosebumps.

She should have a nice tan from living in california, but she had stayed pale, and with her black wavy hair and bright blue eyes she had stuck out like a sore thumb in california, not fitting in and keeping to herself and it wasn't going to be different in the new school either. she'd be the new girl and she's stand out as per usual.

"umm... I got you a car by the way" Tessa's eyes widened in suprise and her head turned towards her father " Oh wow, thanks dad!" She had wanted a car as soon as she passed her driving test, but her mum didn't have enough money and they had reorted to sharing her car, but now her dad had bought her a car probably to make up for the fact that she had to move from sunny california to...well... here!

Her father smiled " Well don't get too excited...it's not new..it's a truck"
Tessa's shoulders sagged with dissapointment, she had not expected something shiny and brand new but at least something drivable...but a truck?

But when they pulled into the driveway of her new home, Tessa's eyes opened wide with suprise and she jumped out of the car, walking quickly over to the big bulky red truck that was parked in the driveway, it was covered in scratches and looked like it would break a part at any minute but Tessa fell in love with it immeadiately, it screamed her name and she could see herself driving it!

She ran to her dad who now stood by the car her suitcase in his hand, and flung her arms around his neck kissing him on the cheek and suprising both of them " Thank you dad! I love it!"

He cleared his throat akwardly and patted her back " well...you're welcome honey"

________________________________________________________________

Tessa woke up the next morning feeling sick with nerves, another school where she would probably stick out, it was a big difference to the Jefferson high school in california wich had 500 students in her senior class, this school had only 65 students! And yet she would still be the odd one out, the new girl from cali, Tessa groaned and got up to get ready, dragging herself from a long shower, she stared at herself in the mirror and her big blue eyes stared back she had never considered herself pretty, always thinking of herself as ...odd looking . Even in her old school in Cali when the boys had asked her on numerous dates , she had thought they were simply joking or doing a dare and had refused each one before the boys gave up alltogether.

She sighed and ran a brush through her wavy black hair, curling a ringlet with her finger. She moved away from the mirror and got dressed sliding on a blue t-shirt and a red hoddie on over it , the red standing out against her pale skin, she pulled on a pair of jeans and shrugges at herself in the mirror before leaving her bedrrom, bounding downstairs to see the kitchen empty and a note on the table with a £5 note tucked underneath it "Gone to work, make sure you eat breakfast, money for lunch. Dad x" A faint smile crossed Tessa's lips, her dad was so caring in his quiet way. She tucked the money into her pocket and made herself some toast, she looked at the clock and gulped down her toast not wanting to be late on her first day. She grabbed her keys and walked outside, she smiled as she stared at the truck and climbed in.


________________________________________________________________

Tessa sighed as another student flashed her a curious glance as they sat in english, but she merlely kept her head down, her wavy hair forming a curtain of wich she could hide behind, Tessa took a bet that the same student would talk to her after class, and sure enough as the bell rang for lunch , Tessa rose and walked across the classroom but the same girl who given her a glance linked with her and smiled in a scary over enthusiatic way " Hey! Your Tessa Jones aren't you?" Tessa opened her mouth to reply and the girl cut across " duh! Silly me of course you are!Well, I thought since you were new you could sit by my table at lunch , with me and my firends!" Tessa didn't think she had much choice as she was dragged to the lunchroom , she queued up, grabbing a bowl of pasta and some bread , and a bottle of water before she was dragged off again by Courtney as she had now learned was the girl's name.

Tessa sighed with relief as she sat by the able and Courtney gave up asking her questions after awhile and went back to talking with her friends.

Tessa's gaze drifted over the room a fe people staring at her and then whispering to their friends, Tessa gasped as her eyes landed on a group of people sitting quietly by a table. They were all strikingly beautiful, there were 3 Girls and 4 boys, and each one of them had model good looks, chiselled cheekbones, piering eyes and skin paler than her own, their hair was shiny and they had a mix of colours between them, Tessa gazed in awe at each one, they sat by the table none of them speaking, trays of food in front of them but not touching them...not eating. Tessa thought it was strange, and she wandered why they wern't eating when one of the boys looked up at her his piercing eyes capturing hers, a slow smirk appearing on his face, Tessa felt as if she was in a spell, she couldn't move, the amber coloured eyes trapping her , he was beautiful, his chisselled cheekbones and golden blonde hair perfect...and those lips looked so good... he laughed silently it was almost as if he was laughing at her as if he could hear her thoughts, she blushed and shook her head, before dragging her eyes away from his , and she could breathe normaly again...she looked back at his table but the group had stood up, and they took their uneaten trays of food to the bin and dropped it in before moving fluidly out the room...


( I'm looking for a male to play the man she just clocked eyes on...Edward. He's apart of a clan of vampires, who lead difficult lives. They ahve chosen to co-exist with humans and not to hunt them going against their nature... and when they get too hungry they go hunting for animals until that hunger...or thirst is quenched. When they are hungry they are dangerous, their eyes turn black and one drop of blood can send them into a frenzy. Some of the things people have heard about vampires are mere myths...sleeping in coffins? They never sleep. Turning to dust in the sun?Un-true. A vampire can only be killed if they are ripped to peices and then burned. Vampires are very powerful and are nearly 15 times stronger than a human. They are incredibly fast when they want to be but obviously have to move at a human's pace whilst amongs humans. Please post your intro and Bio, I don't want someone who is going to write one liners, if I like your post the role of Edward will be yours. You can bring any other characteristics to the role and any details or facts about vampires you want, also I've left Edward's backround , his life story is up to you. *smiles*)
 
Last edited:
OOC: Hope this is all ok. Will add more to the bio as i go along.

Edward Heslore
18 years old.
The 'Son' of two other Vampires, Edward respects humans like his "mother", but also takes his "father's" view on vampires being the Sharks of the land.
He goes to school only becuase he has to and often pities the humans.
Golden Blonde Hair // Amber Eyes


IC:

Edward laughed quietly as he left the Lunchroom, with the others. He had noticed a girl, while he was in there and though he had smirked at her, made it his priority to find out who she was.

His train of thought was broken by one on his companions, who laughed as always about the myth that his kind couldn't go out in sunlight.

He laughed quietly with them, though in his mind he was still in the Lunchroom, watching the unknown black haired girl.

Again his train of thought was broken as one of his female companions commented on being hungry.

Edward smiled, 'We'll go hunting tonight.'
 
Welcome

( welcome to the thread NiteCrowe and thanks for being Edward)


Tessa couldn't get him out of her mind, as she moved from one class to another all she could think about were his amber coloured eyes as they stared back at her, she felt a shiver everytime she thought of him, she couldn't concentrate in class and getting caught not listening when she was called to answer questions, thus making a bad impression with the teachers on her first day. She wandered what lessons the mystery boy had...shivering as she thought of him being in the same class as her!

The air was even colder when she exited the school and Tessa pulled her hood up against the biting wind, before climbing greatfully into her truck turning the heating on and slowly feeling her limbs come back to life. She wiped the fogged up windows with her hand, but dropped it as she saw the face that had been haunting her all day walking through the car park with his beautiful companions following behind him, she watched him her eyes transixed as he walked to his car.
 
The rest of the day seemed to pass quickly for Edward and soon he was walking to his black mustang with his compadre's as someone had stared calling them.

Behind him he could hear them talking about tonights hunt and stopped just inches from his car, knowing that he was being watched, he turned and saw the girl from the lunchroom staring at him and quickly flashed a sly grin.

Then he turned and climbed in his car, again making a note of finding out who she was.
 
Tessa

She gasped as he turned quickly and gazed right at her, blushing as he threw her a grin, not having a chance to react before he was climbing in his car, his friends chatting and climbing in behind him, before the car pulled out of the car park and sped off. She shook her head returning to normal, it was almost as if his eyes had hypnotized her, she chuckled to herself, hypnotized? This cold weather was really messing up her brain! She pulled out of the car park and drove home.

All she could think about was Edward as she ambled around the house, even her usually un-observant father had made a remark that she was awfully distracted tonight, she merely shrugged it off with a blush. She cooked them pasta, and sat down to watch tv after eating, she was trying to concentrate on the flickering images but her restless mind kept wandering back to those beautiful amber eyes...
 
That night the hunt began in full earnest but there was one of the clan who did not take part.

Edward found himself stood in the shadows outside of the girls house. He had found out from one of his 'friends' that girl was named Tessa and that she lived here.

As the Hunt had started he had quickly drained a small rabbit before heading over to her house, and as he stood quietly in the shadows he couldn't help but wonder why.
 
Tessa

Tessa gazed at the tv without interest , she sighed, there was nothing good on and even if there was she wouldn't be able to concentrate with all the noise. Tessa felt uneasy all of a sudden , goosebumbs covered her skin ...she knew it was stupid but she felt like she was being watched her eyes flicked over to the windows the curtains covering them and laughed as she let out a breath. She was just being stupid, her father came into the room and kissed the top of her forhead, "Night Tess", she smiled and looked up at him comferted by his kind brown eyes "Night dad", he smiled and left the room his footsteps going up the stairs. Tessa sighed once more finding herself dreaming of the boy...
 
Edward found himself in a posistion he had never been in before. Part of him felt this strange longing to go to Tessa and be with here, while another more sadistic part wanted the same thing, but for different reasons. Finally the last part of himself felt as if he should simply go and forget about her.

Torn between himself, he took a few paces forwards then stopped, retreating back into the darkness. This was repeated several time, changing slwoly into pacing as Edward found himself more and more frustrated.

Eventually he decided to throw caution to the wind and approached her house.
 
Tessa

Tessa stood up ready to go to bed when there was knock on the door, she looked at the clock and frowned , who would be here at 11:30 at night?! She pulled the curtains back a little trying to glimpse the driveway, but the night shrouded the mystery guest in darkness. She sighed , and walked up slowly to the front door, she opened it and gasped in suprise, it was him!

She blushed as she realized her reaction " er..h-hi! erm.." She didn't even know his name!
 
Announcment

The part of Edward will now be played by ThePhoenixMan, thank you for your posts NiteCrowe.
 
Last edited:
OOC: Picking up the story from this point forward!

shexay_xx said:
Tessa couldn't get him out of her mind, as she moved from one class to another all she could think about were his amber coloured eyes as they stared back at her, she felt a shiver everytime she thought of him, she couldn't concentrate in class and getting caught not listening when she was called to answer questions, thus making a bad impression with the teachers on her first day. She wandered what lessons the mystery boy had...shivering as she thought of him being in the same class as her!

The air was even colder when she exited the school and Tessa pulled her hood up against the biting wind, before climbing greatfully into her truck turning the heating on and slowly feeling her limbs come back to life. She wiped the fogged up windows with her hand, but dropped it as she saw the face that had been haunting her all day walking through the car park with his beautiful companions following behind him, she watched him her eyes transixed as he walked to his car.

He knew she had been consumed with him! She would be from this point forward. The stare was all it took! The moment may have seemed brief to her, but for him it was nearly an entirety. At that moment in the lunchroom, his stare had bore through her eyes and into her soul. He knew her! He knew all about her!

He left a burning image within her soul as he withdrew, letting her continue with her day. Whether she knew it or not, she was his from this time forward! He would pervade her every thought, her every dream, her every living breath!

Not only had Edward burned an image in her, he had also established a mental connection between the two. Every tendril of thought she had would be visible by him, and known by him. He was already manipulating her and she hadn't a clue.

When class was over, he knew not where she was until he connected with her and, through her eyes, saw her entering the rickety red truck. Within a split second's time, he sped with his cohorts to a position in front of her truck, knowing full well that when she cleared the frosty fog from her window, he'd be there staring back at her!

"I am here! I am always here! I will always be here! I know you can hear me! We are connected!"​

He spoke to her soul. His lips never moved, and she wouldn't have been able to hear him over the clunking sputter of the old engine! But it was clear! He spoke directly to her before turning and walking away with his troupe.
 
Tessa

Her eyes widened in shock and disbelief as a voice seemed to come from inside her head "I am here! I am always here! I will always be here! I know you can hear me! We are connected!" , This couldn't be possible , she could swear she hadn't seen his lips move but yet that smooth velvet voice had come from nowhere , she watched her face still in shock as he held her gaze for an instant more before turning away.

She had no idea what the hell had just happened, voices did not just speak to you in your head...unless you were crazy! Ir was the type of thing that could get her locked in a loony bin. She bit her lip still watching as he walked gracefully away, she still didn't know his name! She grumbled and turned the key in the ignition, groaning as it roared and died, she tried again mumbling a moody "c'mon you hunk 'a junk!" but again it did the same thing and died, she tried twice more before she gave up.

Great, just great! Now she was crazy and she had to walk home! She yanked the key out of the ignition and got out of the truck, slamming the door behind her in fustration, her cold hands fumbled with the keys trying to lock the door she sighed as the keys slipped from her fingers and dropped to the floor. " Yup, it just get's better and better!"
 
Edward dismissed his troupe, letting them venture on their way. He agreed to meet them at just beyond dusk, for he felt the thirst begin to overtake him, and knew that a hunt would be needed. He watched as Cassandra and Blair, along with Samara had walked off into the woods, across from the school property. A small path that cut through the dense trees, led the trio out of sight from Edward, though he was still connected to each of them also.

He knew that Tessa was having problems with her truck, and he would take the opportunity to invade her thoughts once more.

He swooped to be by her side, covering the hundred yards or so within a mere second, Tessa looking up in shock and surprise to see him standing there, thinking he was already far away, only to find him standing over her.

This time he spoke. His voice was deep, strong, and reverberating, yet somehow had a very melodic smoothness to it.

"Is something wrong? Do you need some help?"

As he stood there next to her, he could smell her scent. It was unique and intoxicating. No! It wasn't her dabbling of the current fav of eau de toilet water that he smelled. It was her blood! The blood coursing through her veins, the blood pumping through her racing heart! That is what he smelled!

Sweet! Sugary sweet, and innocent! Yes! She was sweet and innocent! He could drink from her right then and there! None would be the wiser! But NO!

There was something unique about her, the connection they had made! He wanted her! He wanted her body... and her soul! He couldn't just take that from her! No! She had to give it to him! She had to give it to him completely at her own will. She had to give it to him with the full knowledge of who he was, and the powers he possessed!
 
Tessa gasped in shock as a voice came from behind her "Is something wrong? Do you need some help?" her head whipped around and she blinked in confusion she was sure he had been far away it would have taken him 5 minutes at least to walk over, and she should have been able to hear him.

She blushed as she realised his amber eyes were upon her waiting for an answer, she was about to answer his questions and gasped when his eyes changed to a dark black and flickers of emotion passed across his face, she had never seen eyes so facinating...so hypnotic little did she know that they could be used to hypnotize prey. She watched concerned as an almost painful look came over him, but relaxed as him face seemed to return to normal and a warm smile lit up his face , causing her to blush and smile shyly in return 'god he's goergous' she thought. " Erm m-my car won't start and I have no idea why! I usually have no trouble what so ever but today it's decided to be diffi-" She stopped and blushed again realising she had been blabbering , she didn't know what it was about him but he made her so flustered.
 
Edward was amused at her flustered behavior. It was actually somewhat comical at the way she rambled on and fell over herself, just trying to make simple conversation.

Without comment, he bent down in front of her and picked up the keys off the ground. He brought them up and dangled them in front of her eyes. His eyes sparkled on the other side of the clanking keys. As he dangled the keys, he spoke to her:

"Tessa! Tessa! Tessa! As you hear my voice, you feel your body grow rigid, so rigid that you do not move. You cannot move! You are so comfortable and everything is so natural. The sound of my voice is soothing to you. The more you listen to it, the more tired you become. Tessa, you are very tired. Tessa you are so tired that you feel like you must go to sleep. Tessa, sleep ... sleep as you are ... you are sound asleep and the only thing you hear is my voice. Tessa, from this point forward, when you hear my voice utter the phrase 'Pretty as a rose,' you will immediately drift to this pleasant sleep, where my voice is all you hear. 'Pretty as a rose,' whether from my lips, or from my mind will bring you to this comfortable sleep. When I count to three you will awake and you will not recall this event; however, when you hear 'Pretty as a rose,' you will be fast asleep, ready for my commands. One, you will remember, 'Pretty as a rose,' will bring you back ... Two, you will wake up as if nothing had happened and no time had passed ... Three"
"Mind if I give it a try," he offered.

Edward climbed into the truck, stuck the key into the ignition, and turned it. The red bucket of rust fired up on the first shot and was purring like a kitten. Edward grinned, knowing she was probably feeling quite embarrassed. He dismissed it cordially. "You might want to get this home as quick as possible and have your dad take a look at it! Last thing you want is to be broken down out here in the boonies! It's cold, and it gets dark way too early!"

He slipped out from the drivers seat, stepping out of the way, still holding the door open for Tessa, who stood there practically speechless. He offered her his free hand. "Edward ... Edward Heslore, and you are?"
 
Tessa

Tessa nearly melted as he smiled at her with perfect white teeth, and she watched her heart fluttering as he reached down and picked up her keys, she lifted her hand to take them but her blue eyes were once more captured by his, and then a voice filled her head that her mind instantly tried to push out but by the time her name was called three times she felt her body react to his commands it was as if her mind was in a thick fog she felt so tired all of a sudden and she felt herself falling into a deep sleep where his voice filled her dreams, the same phrase "pretty as a rose" kept repeating in her head she did not know what it meant but knew it was somehow important, then she heard his sily smooth voice counting and felt the fog lift.

She blinked , "Mind if I give it a try," she shook her head , if the car had not started for her why did he think it would for him? But then again everything about him seemed perfect...she blushed as the truck started on the first try, he must think that she was hopless with vehicles! "You might want to get this home as quick as possible and have your dad take a look at it! Last thing you want is to be broken down out here in the boonies! It's cold, and it gets dark way too early!" She nodded again still too shocked to answer, he probably thought she was a silly schoolgirl! She smiled and took it nervously in hers "Edward ... Edward Heslore, and you are?" She managed to find her voice and reply shakily " Tessa Jones...erm, thanks for ya' know ...the truck"
 
"Tessa ... Tessa Jones! Nice!" Edward smiled broadly, "Nice to meet you." Just before leaving he noted, "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around!"

He closed the door to the red truck once she had climbed in. By the time she had looked down to put the truck in gear, he had disappeared! Gone! He had caught up to the three girls walking down the path leading into the woods.

He caught the usual ribbing, he'd expected from the girls, teasing him about hitting on the new girl. The other three guys, Ash, Damian, and Tristan, the other three of Edward's little clan, had long gone ahead of them, already making plans to meet in the park once it became dark enough to 'hunt'!

Edward was thankful that they had agreed to hunt tonight. It had been a week since their last hunt. They could go for up to a month without a hunt, but once Edward caught sight of Tessa, and especially since inhaling the scent of her blood, his thirst had seemingly become insatiable. He could easily take her and be done with it, leave her for dead, like he had done many years ago, before he learned about the powers he posessed, and how to control his 'thirst'!

His father, beloved Solanine, had taken the time and explained to him the nature of their ways, and those like him. Sol had detailed how the vampires of his clan were born with great powers which, over time, were honed and perfected. These powers included incredible speed, up to ten times faster than the mortals. The ability to read one's mind, was another born trait that could be perfected. Sol explained that their abilities went beyond that of common 'psychics', that not only could they read the mind of others, but they could transform and implant thoughts of others also. Hypnotism was merely an added bonus of their psychic abilities. Along with that, once he made a 'connection', he could see what they saw.

Beyond all those powers, Solanine sat Edward down and explained ... the 'thirst'! The thirst, he told Edward, was his body's natural reaction to the need for sustenance. For them, fresh blood, was like gatorade to an athlete. It revitalized their body and gave them eternal youth and eternal life! While mortals were easy prey, their dead bodies caused too much commotion with local police. Sol taught Edward how to 'hunt' and perfect his stalking abilities, killing the wild and stray animals of the land, rather than the mortals.

In yet another lecture Sol explained that there was only one way that their kind could drink the blood of a mortal human and not kill them. There was only one way in which a human could become one of them. The human, the mortal one, had to give their body willingly to one of their kind; but, it had to be with the full knowledge of who they were submitting to, and what they would become. Only those, however, that were born into the environment possessed the powers that Edward had. Others, that Edward brought into his realm, were merely servants of his, destined to serve him for all time!

Edward was already making plans to 'visit' Tessa after the hunt, knowing that his quenched thirst would temper his desires to devour Tessa for the time being!
 
Tessa

"Tessa ... Tessa Jones! Nice!" She smiled shyly back, she was speechless as his hypnotizing eyes stared deeply into hers and his smile sent shivers through her body,
"Nice to meet you." She nodded "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around!".
She blushed with happiness and went to put the truck in gear , finally mustering up the courage to say goodbye " Hey than-", her eyes opened wide with confusion and shock, he was gone! She shook her head, she really was tired " don't be silly Tessa people don't just dissappear!" She laughed to herself and the truck rumbled forward.

________________________________________________________________

Tessa's mind had been taken over by Edward Heslore. She couldn't think of anything else, even her usually cluless father had noticed she was acting strangely but she'd brushed it off as tiredness and he seemed to expect it. She sat in front of the tv but she did not watch it. She was thinking about what he said "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around!" , it kept repeating over and over in her head, surely he just meant around school? He was too good looking to want her in any other way she was sure of it. He probably had some model of a girlfriend and they'd laugh at the mumbling idiot who's truck didn't start. She sighed as she switched the tv off and threw the remote down. She slowly climbed the stairs her limbs heavy with exahustion, she entered her room and half fell onto her bed, she pulled off her jeans and kept on her tshirt and panties and slid under the covers. Edward was the last thing she thought about before her eyes shut and the world went dark.
 
The sun had set and dusk had befallen the wooded territory where Edward now stood awaiting the arrival of his clan members. One by one they each approached, and greeted Edward with either a hug or a kiss. Cassandra, Blair, Samara, Ash, Damian, and Tristan all stood with Edward, awaiting his command for the hunt to begin. They spread out and stalked into the woods in search of animals of prey. Given the gift of speed, they moved quite slowly, not disturbing the silence of nature among them. As Edward walked through the densely wooded area, his mind became acutely aware, that one, not of his clan, was thinking intently of him.

He stopped as the others kept pursuit. Closing his eyes and reaching out ... "Sleep," he commanded. "It is time for bed. Ready for bed. Prepare yourself for sleep." Edward waited, leaning against a large tree, hidden from sight of any of his hunting companions. His eyes remained closed, yet he saw everything quite clearly. A few minutes had passed and Edward reached out
to Tessa again. "Rest, Tessa, rest. Think of something pretty, Tessa. Pretty as a rose."

He repeated the last sentence two more times, the last time, audible even to his ears and anyone close enough to hear. Luckily no one was!

Confident that Tessa was asleep and *connected* with him, he returned to the hunt. His ears could hear the distinct suckling of several hunters who had already caught their game, draining them of the life they once possessed. Edward stalked until he spotted a young elk moving about the trees in search of comfortable bedding against the cold night. The hundred yards between he and the elk was not enough of a lead. By the time the elk heard the rustle of an oncoming threat, and turned it's head, Edward was upon it with his arms wrapped around its neck. Tackling the beast, the elk was quickly wrestled to the ground. Opening his mouth, Edward's pearly white teeth exposed an elongated set of incisors. All it took was one quick clamp with precision upon the thick vein in its neck. Two puncture wounds pierced through the fur, the flesh, and the vein.

The young elk kicked and bucked with each remaining beat of its heart, pushing its lifeblood through the two holes and into Edward's mouth, and into his system. With every gulp of the fine wine, Edward felt a renewed sense of energy and increased power. Edward continued drinking until the young animal stopped kicking, and it's heart no longer beat with life. Edward paused, licking the dark red color from his lips, his tongue dancing around the corners, dabbing at the otherwise pale color of his face. Rested, he made himself comfortable and returned to the animal, sucking the blood from its veins, as if sipping through a straw.

As Edward sat draining the fresh kill, he could feel Tessa's presence. He had connected with her. He wondered how much of the kill she had seen? She'd obviously think it a dream ... maybe a nightmare. Edward knew it would take time for her to 'see' him fully, and to truly connect with him, though he was connected to her. It'd start with bits and pieces, but would grow over time. He drank every last drop, fully satiated, heeding his father's warning to never hunt for more than you can stomach. If he had needed more, he could have hunted for smaller game. He dragged the depleted animal to a small clearing within the woods where the others were waiting with their depleted kills. A small pyre was erected and lit, the carcasses burned to ash as the group sat around the fire, keeping their bodies warmed against the cold air.

The time passed and every one of the group departed on their way home. Edward made it a point to follow the energy that was surrounding him. He was like a compass needle, drawn to the magnetic North. Walking merely on energy and instinct, Edward eventually found himself standing beneath an old oak tree, that stretched well into the sky. In front of him was a well worn, two-story home, darkened by the absence of light. Above him was a window, curtained by sheer lace, and he gazed upon the window. The energy was strongest where he was, and so it was there he stood.

Without opening his mouth, without throwing a pebble, without any movement on his own, he stared at the window. He summoned Tessa to the window, without waking her from the sleep he had induced upon her. He looked up and there she was ...
 
Tessa

Tessa was in the light stage of sleep when a voice came to her as if through a fog "Rest, Tessa, rest. Think of something pretty, Tessa. Pretty as a rose." As she heard the last line she felt herself fall into a deeper slumber. She frowned in her sleep as a landscape seeped into her sleeping mind, she knew where that was...she was sure it was the woods in dunsdale...suddenly her view changed and she was restlessly moving about, she was an animal of some sort and she knew that something bad was going to happen but she was powerless to stop it and the nightmare simply ran it's course.

She felt something watching her and suddenly what felt like a chunk of marble slammed into her and pinned her to the floor. She squirmed in panic, the arms around her encercling her neck and causing her to breath quicker. She tried screaming but helpless bleating sounds came out of her mouth, all of a sudden she felt the sharp painful twinge of something or somone biting into her and she screamed in pain. And then the pain was gone and she was looking at the kill from high above... what seemed like a figure was drinking an elk's blood! Her mouth opened in a silent scream as she watched it thrashin , it's limbs flaying in the dance of death. There was something strangely familiar about the figure , she had a feeling she knew him but could not place him from behind. She willed herself to wake up as she watched the figure dragging the body towards the trees and slowly the image faded and she was in a dreamless sleep once more.

She felt something calling her to the window and still unconcious to the world she dragged herself from her bed and walked slowly towards the window before sliding it up the cool air dancing on her bare skin.
 
Edward stood under the large tree, looking up at the window. The source of the energy he followed, now stood before his very eyes, as she stared blankly out the window. He took some time to study her closely, the tee shirt she wore clung tightly to her form, the round supple curves of her breasts appeared full. The bottom of her tee allowed the briefest amount of pale flesh to peek from beneath, her toned, flat stomach breathing, even, shallow breaths of cool night air. White cotton panties worn to hide what lay beneath.

Edward felt as if he could stand there all night, just looking at her, gazing upon her captivating beauty. He knew he had to have her! But he had to get her to give herself to him, otherwise only her blood would be of use to him. He needed more! He needed her!

Edward inhaled as he closed his eyes, and once again, he could smell her sweetness, the enticing aromatic flavor of the fluid that gave her life, was wafting through his flaring nostrils. 'Take off your shirt.'

He sent the telepathic message to Tessa, then looked up. As if without thought to any consequences, he stared as Tessa crossed her arms in front of her, grabbing the hem of the thin shirt and pulled upwards, peeling the fabric from her flesh, as it went up over her head. Her ripe, firm breasts popped free, standing proudly without the aid of any support. His eyes were drawn to the rigid pink peaks, as she continued to stare blankly ahead, as if staring into a mirror.

It was then that Edward noticed the silver amulet hanging between her breasts, nestled in the cleavage. It dangled from a thin string of leather, tied together in the back of her neck. A pain shot through Edward's head and he hissed as he clenched his fists. He closed his eyes to relieve the pain!

Keeping his eyes closed, he remained still until the pain had eased. The little silver piece of jewelry that she wore fortified her soul from him. Even though Edward could control her, her mind, and her actions, the amulet protected her! He was unable to command her to do anything with the amulet. That was the one thing he could not make her remove. She'd have to do that on her own, of her own free will, vowing never to wear it again!

Calmed, Edward concentrated on the lovely vision within his mind, one of Tessa, as she was, though without the amulet. 'Take off your panties.'

Again the message was sent, though Edward was unable to view the result of his command, otherwise, suffer the pain, once more. However, the picture in his mind, was enough to make him smile.

"Pretty as a rose," he whispered aloud, his words floating through the air, like the breeze that billowed the lace curtains.

"Tessa! You are perfectly at ease, and everything is so natural! You enjoy this place where you can go and be free, free to be yourself. You are free of any cumbersome burdens, and free of any cumbersome clothing. You enjoy this freedom, and eagerly seek this freedom. Every night from this point forth, you shall sleep as you now stand before me. The burden of clothing shall make you so uncomfortable that you are unable to find sleep and rest until you shed every bit of clothing. When you are finally free, your dreams too will be free, free to dream yor most loving and enticing dreams. You will dream of those things that most excite you and bring you pleasure. You will dream of me! ... When I count to three you shall return to your bed and be free. When you arise in the morn, you will not recall this, but it will remain with you as if it has always been a part of you. Pretty as a rose ... One ... You are free, and pretty as a rose ... Two ... Return to bed and dream pleasant dreams of me, pretty as a rose ... Three!"

Edward finally opened his eyes to a bare window, whose curtains flittered in the breeze. There was a lightness in the energy that surrounded him, and he felt revived. Edward slid off into the darkness, in the direction of his bedding, readying for whatever the next day may bring.
 
Tessa went back to her room and crawled back into her bed. The coolness of the sheets felt good against the heat coming from her now naked body.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was lost in the world of her dreams, only she wasn't alone in them. Edward was with her.


They were sitting in a park, just the two of them. Talking, holding hands and sharing a meal. For the first time since coming to this small remote town, Tessa felt as if she was finally where she was suppose to be. Edward was the most attentive boy she had ever been out with and seem a whole lot older than his mere 18 years. The way his eyes always stayed on hers,the way he would softly caress her cheeks. Then, she felt as if his lips were on hers, kissing her, yet, demanding even more.

The dream had her tossing and turning in her bed, the sheets becoming damp with presperation. She awoke with a start as she felt as if someone was watching her. She noticed that she was naked and wondered how that had happened.

Glancing at the alarm clock, she noticed it was time to get ready for school anyway, so she gt up, grabbed a shower and dressed for school.

The weather was promising to be a little chilly so she decided to wear one of her warmer sweaters with her jeans and boots. The whole time she was dressing, her mind kept drifting back to Edward, and she wondered what he would think of what she was wearing.

Grabbing her jacket and keys, she headed out the door and to her truck.

She arrived in class before almost anyone else, and took her seat in the back of the room. She was anxious and nervous, waiting for Edward to make his appearance.
 
Edward left Tessa that evening, her vision sharp and clear in his mind. Though he wished the little protective amulet were gone. He knew of those that wore them, to protect them from his kind. He had seen some before. They each had varying effects on him. But all caused him a pounding in the head, along with a blinding white light. Some wore them as an accessory to certain outfits, while others kept them around their souls for eternity. Edward sure hoped Tessa was not one of those.

The next day came too early for Edward's taste. He showerd, dressed in his typical black attire and combed back his hair till it was in perfect place. Despite the cold, which never bothered him, he headed out without a jacket, the tight black tee shirt clinging to his not overly muscular, but athletic form.

Walking the hallway with his clan surrounding him, he could already feel Tessa's presence. The five clan members all preceded him into the room, each of them taking their seats around his, located in the back. Entering the room, he immediately spotted her, her face, glimmering from a full night's rest. Her pale face looked in his direction, but then quickly looked away as he met her stare.

Edward purposefully took an alternate route in order to pass by her desk, like his, in the last row. "Good morning Tessa," his voice silken and smooth, "I guess your truck is working okay?" His nostrils flared again as he inhaled the fragrant smell of her blood coursing through her, her heart racing at his presence.

He smiled politely without further comment and continued on by to his seat. It didn't take the teacher long to go into his usual ritual of monotonous, boring speech, which tended to put the class to sleep, this early in the morning.

About a quarter of the way into class, Edward glanced over and caught her idle stare. He stared right back, this time, holding her gaze, not letting her look away.

"Pretty as a rose!" Tessa's face went blank as the emotion left, her eyes still open, but her mind clearly shut down.

"Tessa! Relaxed and at ease. It is I you seek. It is I the one you want to be with, to be near. It is I, the one who fills your mind, your thoughts. We are connected. Do not fight what is inside of you. Seek out the truth, for it is before your very eyes. You long for it, you are meant for it. Pretty as a rose ... One ... It is your destiny. Tessa! ... Two ... You are the chosen one. Tessa! ... Three ..."

"TESSA! TESSA JONES? Miss Jones? Are you withus this morning?"

The voice of the teacher rang out, interrupting their little spontaneous interlude.
 
Edward's cpmment about her truck caused her to blush a little and lower her head. She was almost embarassed by the fact that he had to help her the day before and that she had dropped her keys.


She found herself, glancing his way constantly as the rest of the class filed into what was sure to be another boring class. But, at least looking at Edward made the time go by a little faster. That was until he caught her. But, she couldn't take her eyes off him, and was hopelessly looked in there deep gaze.


"TESSA! TESSA JONES? Miss Jones? Are you withus this morning?"


Tessa felt like she was coming out of a deep dream, one that had been full of nothing but Edward.

Just a little embarassed, Tessa tried to focus back on the class, "Yes, sir, I am here. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"Well, I would suggest that you do in the future, after all, this isn't LA, where you can get away with everything. Now, answer the question please. Surely you have studied history before and can answer one little question about the Dark Ages of Europe. You can do that can't you."

Tessa began stating what she knew, which wasn't much, but what really embarassed her was when she had mentioned that the Dark ages were the first true sightings of vampires and their kind. Where tht had come from she wasn't sure, but it was the laughter in the class that had her sliding even lower in her seat, hiding behind her hair, waiting for class to be over.

As everyone was filing out of the room, she found herself seeking Edward out. She placed her arm on his, stopping him.

A little embarassed, she lowered her head as she spoke to him.

"Umm, I'm not real sure how to ask this, but, umm, I could really use some help with this class. I feel so lost and well, I was wndering if you could help me get caught up?"

She noticed that some of his friends had stopped when he did and were anxiously watching them, waiting to hear his answer as well as she was.
 
Edward had felt quite guilty for getting Tessa into trouble with the teacher, who, must've seen her daydreaming, and picked her out of the class to make a fool of. Edward would take care of him in due time! He was none too pleased with the teacher singling Tessa out.

What caught Edward off guard, however, was the reply she had given the teacher about The Dark Ages of Europe. The first true sightings of Vampires? Everyone in the class had broken out in laughter. Everyone ... Everyone, except Edward, and those that sat around him. Luckily, the outbreak was hushed, and the lessons continued without further ado, or comment. As silly as it sounded, it was true ... to an extent.

What Edward had been taught, by his beloved father, was that their kind were in existence long before even what they were referring to as the Dark Ages. It was only during that span of time, that it was documented. Prior to that, no one dared talk about the evil spirits that stole the lost souls, for fear that they would be the next victim. Solanine had explained to Edward that their bloodline has been in existence since the beginning of time. Solanine explained the balance of everything in the world. For all that is good, ther is an equal amount of bad. For all that is alive, there is an equal amount of death. And, for all that dwells in the upperworld, there exists in the underworld. Those that come to accept that fact have nothing to fear. It is only those who hunt and kill out of fear, that have caused their kind to come into the open to maintain the 'balance.'

When class had ended, upon their exit from the room, she had come to him, just as he had said she should ... though not in the manner he quite wanted. His cohorts looked on in shock towards the new girl who dared to even touch their beloved leader, the girls ready to pounce upon her and start a catfight. Edward held up his hand, fending off the girls, waiting to hear what Tessa had to say. Edward signaled with a nonchalant wave of his hand that the girls should 'stand down.'

"Tessa! I'm not the one you should seek for answers about the history of The Dark Ages of Europe. If it is history you want to get caught up in, then I'd suggest you ask Cassandra, here, for some of her time. She's actually the history buff of the group. Oh! I'm sorry! Cassandra, this is Tessa, Tessa Jones!"

Edward watched as Cassandra offered an icy hand, and a cold, "Nice to meet you." Edward went on to introduce Samara, Tristan, and Ash, who all seemed to be standing guard as they talked. Edward also informed Tessa about Blair and Damian, who were in a different class right now.

"Cassandra will meet you at your truck after school. Maybe you can work something out? Sorry, but we have to go now!"

Then in a flourish, it seemed as if they were gone, leaving Tessa standing there, alone, clutching the books to her sweatered chest.
 
Back
Top