Pervertables

catscreech

Virgin
I'm surprised that there isn't a thread about this topic yet. From what I can tell, BDSM isn't necessarily cheap and I wanted to know what those who don't/didn't have legitimate gear did to satisfy their BDSM related desires.

What sort of household items have you converted to fit your BDSM needs? I'd like to know your ideas.

Bought a role of nylon cord and made our own tie downs. Much cheaper and fit better. I find clasps at the local hardware store.

For me it is more humiliating and thus fun to use common house hold objects for anal stimulation. Kitchen utensils, screw driver handle, ratchet wrench. Anything that is smooth and about the right size works.

Imagination goes a long way! Panties are a convenient gag, hands or ankles can be bound using scarves or belts, a sweat band can be a blindfold, etc.

Pet collars. Ankles, wrists, and neck. Add a few double ended snaps from the hardware store and youre in business. Put a few eyebolts here and there, and the possibilities are endless.

Wooden spatulas, wooden spoons (impact play/paddling), flat backed wood hairbrushes, soft nylon rope and various snaps & quick releases, eye bolts and rings from Dom Depot, belts...saw horses make great spanking/bondage benches with slight modifications...

Spreader bars, collars, cuffs, bondage posts that are handmade using common hand tools although any design tooling on the leather goods needs specialized tools. For those who enjoy canes(yes, I am one of those), you can use the adjustment rod off of window blinds. Bandanas for blindfolds or wrist bindings. The back side of a bamboo back scratcher makes a nice little slapper toy.

I've even made horsehair floggers, pussy/nipple/clit teaser floggers that are disguised as key rings (the keys become the handle) and am in the process of learning how to do the Turk's head knot that is common on floggers & whips so I can make my own floggers that look nice.

Old stockings or pantyhose are excellent bondage material. Either can be pulled over the head and tied around the neck or across the open mouth to make an impromptu hood- and the rest of the stocking can be tied to anything handy or to wrist or ankle bondage. Little girl clothes from the thrift store can make great humiliation wear (try something princess-themed). Saranwrap and duct tape are fast, easy tools for binding a sub (both are hot and sweaty if they cover much surface area- for better or worse). Plastic cable ties make good single-use cuffs (careful, they are thin and can cut). Fingers and toes can be bound with a few turns of thread. A bound girl, a suction-cup dildo, a washing machine and a load of dirty laundry can create quite an erotic, though possibly frustrating, experience.

Dollie

Pet collars. Ankles, wrists, and neck. Add a few double ended snaps from the hardware store and youre in business. Put a few eyebolts here and there, and the possibilities are endless.
We've visited friends with all sorts of fancy ways to keep a woman in place. My husband and his friends mostly use regular rubber tarp straps. He ws a trucker so always had some handy. Eyebolts or hooking the end hooks to anything near worked. A blouse or shop towel can be a blindfold. Plywood on saw horses made a bed for me to be bound to. The choices are endless for very little money.

Are these clothespins?

YES! :heart:
Even before my nipples were ripped out many times I couldn't stand clothes pins on most parts of my body. I'm not sure if it's BDSM but we learned about tickle games which drove me and other women crazy while tied down.
We were never really into pain, just strange fun games. Using toys, tools, and food as dildos was another of their fun games.

Old stockings or pantyhose are excellent bondage material. Either can be pulled over the head and tied around the neck or across the open mouth to make an impromptu hood- and the rest of the stocking can be tied to anything handy or to wrist or ankle bondage. Little girl clothes from the thrift store can make great humiliation wear (try something princess-themed). Saranwrap and duct tape are fast, easy tools for binding a sub (both are hot and sweaty if they cover much surface area- for better or worse). Plastic cable ties make good single-use cuffs (careful, they are thin and can cut). Fingers and toes can be bound with a few turns of thread. A bound girl, a suction-cup dildo, a washing machine and a load of dirty laundry can create quite an erotic, though possibly frustrating, experience.

Clarifying that the issue with cable ties isn't just the risk of cutting, it's also that they can create a lot of pressure on nerves etc. leading to issues like handcuff neuropathy. If you're using them, make sure they're not going to be pulling hard for any length of time.

Similar issues with stockings/pantyhose; they can end up concentrating pressure on small areas, and if they pull tight it can be impossible to undo knots, so make sure you're equipped to cut them off if need be.

Clarifying that the issue with cable ties isn't just the risk of cutting, it's also that they can create a lot of pressure on nerves etc. leading to issues like handcuff neuropathy. If you're using them, make sure they're not going to be pulling hard for any length of time.

Similar issues with stockings/pantyhose; they can end up concentrating pressure on small areas, and if they pull tight it can be impossible to undo knots, so make sure you're equipped to cut them off if need be.

Thank you, Bramblethorn.

Those are definitely things to remember.

Here's a quick and dirty DIY sketch I did for some pantyhose bondage. As you can see, this approach has little risk of causing nerve damage or cutting off circulation if a reasonable person applies it. Scissors, more particularly bandage scissors, are always a good thing to have around for almost any kind of bondage- in this case to cut the tape and save the pantyhose. The tie-off points to rings or ropes can easily be done with a bight ender- that is, double the rope over rather than pull the working end all the way through the knot. This makes untying a breeze- just pull the working end. Of course, the knot must be out of reach of the bindee.

https://deliriumseven.tumblr.com/image/165589281076

Cable ties used loosely around bedposts, door hinges, etc. are handy spots to clip or tie restraints.
Don't necessarily have to use them on the subbie.

Everyday kitchen implements can be fun to use in perverted ways ... spatulas, meat tenderizers, varying sizes of whisks, wooden spoons, a garlic press -- to name a few. :devil:

Back