Silence all Feminists INSTANTLY when they try to say "Toxic/Hegemonic Masculinity"

LJ_Reloaded

バクスター の
Silence all Feminists INSTANTLY when they try to say "Toxic/Hegemonic Masculinity"

Tell them that the real problem is power dynamics and not any concept of masculinity because masculinity is an artificial construct.

Congratulations, you've now ripped the lungs out of the feminist movement.

Tell them that the real problem is power dynamics and not any concept of masculinity because masculinity is an artificial construct.

Stupidity is your construct.

Think about what you just wrote for a moment, instead of suckling some drivel from a Web page and posting it here.

Here's the dilemma with your post that completely escaped that tiny portion of logic and reason that is supposed to be resident in a normal functioning human.

If masculinity is a construct then so is feminism, and feminists. Therefore you have, by rational extrapolation, just dismissed the 2 main identifiers of both the male and female psyche.

I really don't expect you will understand this complicated thought process so I will leave it at that because dealing with utter nonsensical stupidity is, frankly, kind of boring.

Also, 'constructed' =/= 'not real'. See, for example, tables if this confuses you.

you're alsoing off of a neo-nazi. just a little fyi. the enemy of your enemy is not your friend. it's just your enemies enemy.

What you're trying to say has been brought up in other threads and it's a valid point. Too bad You fucked it all up trying to sound Freudian.

I might be wrong, but I thought that you misinterpreted what LJ was trying to get at.
The syntax was a bit confusing, indeed.

I took it that he was trying to say that the term "masculinity" has been used in an opportunistic manner by some feminists,depending on context:
- That "masculinity is a construct" is generally advocated by some feminists and transgender advocates
- While the same feminists scream "Most men are Dangerous" in relation to the late sex scandals.
And that in his view, the real issue here is not menversus women but power imbalance.

Can you provide examples of feminists (so more than one) screaming - or even just saying - MOST men are dangerous?

I might be wrong, but I thought that you misinterpreted what LJ was trying to get at.
The syntax was a bit confusing, indeed.

I took it that he was trying to say that the term "masculinity" has been used in an opportunistic manner by some feminists,depending on context:
- That "masculinity is a construct" is generally advocated by some feminists and transgender advocates
- While the same feminists scream "Most men are Dangerous" in relation to the late sex scandals.
And that in his view, the real issue here is not menversus women but power imbalance.

Oh - and masculinity is a construct. Refer Post #3.

Actually, the funniest thing about this post is that 'the problem of power dynamics' is pretty much the definition of feminism.

I don't see it as a construct (men are from Mars women from Venus according to a "How to land the guy" book that I read when I was younger.:D)

but then, I have a superficial understanding of the feminist movement and I don't know how it's used and in what context.

LOL - that doesn't stop LJ waxing lyrical about exactly what's wrong with feminism. All of it.

Most of them voted for the pussy grabber in chief or didn't bother to show up at the polls anyway, so I don't really care at this point.

Women don't have THAT much power as you think, LJ.

Most of them voted for the pussy grabber in chief or didn't bother to show up at the polls anyway, so I don't really care at this point.

Women don't have THAT much power as you think, LJ.
Most women did not vote for Trump, most voted for Clinton. Perhaps you mean most white women voted for Trump? There are other types of women, you know.

Actually, the funniest thing about this post is that 'the problem of power dynamics' is pretty much the definition of feminism.
But feminism puts itself at conflict by talking about power dynamics in one breath and "toxic/hegemonic masculinity" in the other breath.

Power dynamics transcends gender.

Plus when it comes to masculinity, the reason why it's a construct and NOT real is because there is no actual concrete masculinity. All masculinity is based on whimsical belief systems. Any man is free to define the term as he so pleases, and live by that definition. Masculinity is entirely made up. That is why it is not real. But you knew that, and you're just trolling.

But none of what you said in this thread negates my core point - that hegemonic masculinity, a term based on a made-up concept (masculinity), isn't your problem. Power dynamics, a term feminists have oft used, is.

And even power dynamics is something nature, not males, created. Nature has decided, in the vast majority of cases (hyenas being an exception), that a male is either the strong half of a species, or they are junk / food (see: spiders). This problem of male disposability puts upon males the need to be strong and dominant, and failure to be dominant or strong means death or reproductive oblivion. Every sexist problem you can think of, stems from exactly this. THAT is the base of your problem. Toxic masculinity is not only made-up nonsense, but it's like the fourth thing down the line.

Back