What's Your Favorite Plague?

Lancecastor

Lit's Most Beloved Poster
I was reading Ishmael's long thread about his bouts with shingles and gout; some of his best posts in years, btw.

And i got to thinking " theres always some kind of plague goin on."

I'm pretty excited about Zika... Great name!

But I'm warming up to Denge as the dark horse.

What are your fave plagues?

For those who can't decide ...

ten-plagues-finger-puppets-008.jpeg

A few more options ...

w-ten-modern-plagues-of-2015-1-1428662024.jpg

Ahahhaaaaa! I need those on my nails.

+1 on anti vaxxer asshats. Those people are the scourge. A pox. A blemish on Amerikuh. Let's see how many of the young women of child bearing age turn pro vax once zika hits here. Especially the ones about to have babies. I want this one to be the tipping point for those selfish fucks.

Neither the Paella Virus nor the Hashtag Bacteria are expected to crack the Disease Top 10.

The one Mercutio called down upon the Montagues and the Capulets.

• The first year I lived in Florida we had a plague of mole crickets (destroyed my beautiful St. Augustine lawn)
  • The second year I lived in Florida we had a plague of frogs that feasted on the mole crickets
  • The third year I lived in Florida we had a plague of snakes that feasted on the frogs
  • The fourth year I lived in Florida Jeb Bush was elected governor and he destroyed the public education system

That whole death of the first born thing was pretty brutal but the lice one is just nasty sounding.

The bubonic plague or "the black death" literally killed off half of Europe throughout the middle ages.

TrompScript -- code America to greatness.

Meanwhile, the best plague is life.

Nobody survives it.

Have fun.

Oy.

I wouldn't say favorite, but Cancer. Why its not considered a plague I have no idea, but as the years move on more and more people have it.

I wouldn't say favorite, but Cancer. Why its not considered a plague I have no idea, but as the years move on more and more people have it.

You are wrong.

Cancer is killing fewer people each year in the USA.

In the United States, the overall cancer death rate has declined since the early 1990s. The most recent Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, published in March 2015, shows that from 2002 to 2011, cancer death rates decreased by:

1.8 percent per year among men
1.4 percent per year among women
2.1 percent per year among children ages 0-14
2.3 percent per year among children ages 0-19

http://www.cancer.gov/

You are wrong.

Cancer is killing fewer people each year in the USA.

http://www.cancer.gov/

But how many are being diagnosed with it? Treatments are advancing every day, which is keeping down fatalities, but more people have it than ever. Seems especially prevalent here on the east Coast.

East Boston has one of the highest cancer rates in the country as proven by my wife

her sister...dead of cancer at 37 8 years ago

Father six year cancer battle, killed him two years ago

Mother three cancer surgeries currently in remission

My wife, kidney cancer 14 tumors removed from her kidneys in 2014

her cousin is 38 with inoperable brain tumors.

Shit's everywhere. Maybe the deaths being down is regional.

Not sure it qualifies as a plague, but I've thought for a long time we could use a good Ebola outbreak. And not the insignificant, whiny crap we had last year. I mean full blown, people flying on planes transmitting it around the world without realizing it kind of plague.

My least fav., actually:

1."Corporate talk"
The kind of speech you hear from some managers who like to hear the sound of their own voice. Too many neologisms, goes in circles forever.

2.Political corectness
It's a pandemic.
If you hate me and want to stab me, at least be honest about it. Don't play games and villify me while painting yourself in an awesome light.
("me" being figurative)

1."Corporate talk"
Biz-speak went new-age long ago, all warm-fuzzy and abstract and meaningless. Great obfuscation.

2.Political corectness
Pure PC means don't act like an asshole, show respect, be a decent human being. Anti-PC'ers are usually flaming fucktards begging to have their asses stomped by whomever they're insulting. Bend over.

Shut up Laura, you ignorant slut.

But how many are being diagnosed with it? Treatments are advancing every day, which is keeping down fatalities, but more people have it than ever. Seems especially prevalent here on the east Coast.

East Boston has one of the highest cancer rates in the country as proven by my wife

her sister...dead of cancer at 37 8 years ago

Father six year cancer battle, killed him two years ago

Mother three cancer surgeries currently in remission

My wife, kidney cancer 14 tumors removed from her kidneys in 2014

her cousin is 38 with inoperable brain tumors.

Shit's everywhere. Maybe the deaths being down is regional.

Back