Series Help Please?

LushinLace

More Lush in Lace
Yes, I'm a chat room "virgin". I've arrived here after numerous attempts over the past few months to get my 'Text with Audio' series labelled correctly on my author profile page
(My attempts included - editing my works individually (which only made the issues worse -*see below), messaging for help on each story submission and creating bug reports (which I now no aren't looked at).

Here's my issue:

- My "Swim Coach Series" has been labelled as "A Helping Hand" Series incorrectly (*not once but twice) So now I have 2 wrong series listed in my profile and duplicate entries for the same audios. I've never had a Helping Hand series, that just happens to be the title of the first 2 stories in the Swim Coach Series...

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=3650283&page=submissions

To try and keep this message short.... I'm looking for someone to contact who can clean up my series list on my profile page (remove my incorrect series and add the correct one "Swim Coach" with the correct stories listed under it.)

Any help or guidance you can provide would be appreciated!
~Lush

First...the only one who would be able to do that I Laurel one of the site owners. PM(Private Message - upper right hand corner)

Second...I assume the series is the Swim Coach, that would be the first thing in the title. ie.

Swim Coach 01 - A Helping Hand
Swim Coach 02 - A Helping Hand:The Confession

etc.

Every entry will have to have a chapter number in order to get then in the proper order. So the ones you have with no chapter number will need one in order to have the process get them in the correct order.

Hope this helps.

Oh, one other thing...this isn't a chat room, it's a bulletin board. ;)

Last edited:
The double listing is a bug in the series code. It's triggered by doing a title change on any story already listed as part of a series.

It can be fixed, but it requires Manu to manually edit the database, and I assume he's opting for fixing the root of the problem rather than the symptoms.

The title sequence should be:

Series Title: Story Title Ch. #

For it to have turned out the way it has on your submissions page, you much have originally done it like this:

Story Title: Series Title Ch. #

I'd say the only way you're going to get it fixed at this point is to send a PM to Laurel and hope she can drag Manu away from overhauling the site long enough to edit the database to get you back to a single listing with the proper Series/Title sequence.

The normal editing process is only going to compound the problem.

The double listing is a bug in the series code. It's triggered by doing a title change on any story already listed as part of a series.

It can be fixed, but it requires Manu to manually edit the database, and I assume he's opting for fixing the root of the problem rather than the symptoms.

The title sequence should be:

Series Title: Story Title Ch. #

For it to have turned out the way it has on your submissions page, you much have originally done it like this:

Story Title: Series Title Ch. #

I'd say the only way you're going to get it fixed at this point is to send a PM to Laurel and hope she can drag Manu away from overhauling the site long enough to edit the database to get you back to a single listing with the proper Series/Title sequence.

The normal editing process is only going to compound the problem.

Yes, RR is correct I got it wrong...It should look like this.

Swim Coach - A Helping Hand Ch. 01
Swim Coach - A Helping Hand:The Confession Ch. 02

Sorry.

Yes, RR is correct I got it wrong...It should look like this.

Swim Coach - A Helping Hand Ch. 01
Swim Coach - A Helping Hand:The Confession Ch. 02

Sorry.

Actually, I think it should be:

Swim Coach -- A Helping Hand Ch. 01
Swim Coach -- A Helping Hand Ch. 02: The Confession

Everything to the left of "Ch. XX" should be the same. That way you are assured that in your list of submissions they will appear in the correct order.

Everything to the left of "Ch. XX" should be the same. That way you are assured that in your list of submissions they will appear in the correct order.

Yes, this numbering format works best, I've found.

With multiple chapters, always start with 01 (so when you get to 11, the story file doesn't lose the correct sequence). Unless you intend writing over 100 chapters, in which case, start at 001 (and get a life, maybe :) )

Unfortunately, the character limitation is very limiting. That second title goes over the limit.

But they aren't. I looked at his list of stories.

The first is the only that doesn't have a sub-subtitle. The rest all have different ones. So to get them in Ch. xx order, should that come at the end?

But they aren't. I looked at his list of stories.

The first is the only that doesn't have a sub-subtitle. The rest all have different ones. So to get them in Ch. xx order, should that come at the end?

I believe so. The ranking mechanism/algorithm scans from left to right. So if you want to make sure all chapters are listed the right way, the first difference as you move from left to right should be the chapter number. If each chapter has a different subheading, the subheading should be to the right of the chapter number. But as Pilot notes, you have to be careful not to exceed the limit on the number of title characters.

I believe so. The ranking mechanism/algorithm scans from left to right. So if you want to make sure all chapters are listed the right way, the first difference as you move from left to right should be the chapter number. If each chapter has a different subheading, the subheading should be to the right of the chapter number. But as Pilot notes, you have to be careful not to exceed the limit on the number of title characters.

Okay. And the title limit, they could change that rather quickly and easily. It a simple database command. Well in Oracle it is. And if they hard coded the length in the forms and didn't get it from the data dictionary...OOPS! They bad.

Back