The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I thought I recognized you in the waiting...waiting room :)

*cracks up*

Is sad...

you look at my collection of games and they are ALL FPS, RPG, and strategy...(depending on the port or console)

so when I get hyped about a game, it's REALLY hyper!!!
 
People need to relax already. It's a damned game. It's set in a city in the sky. Let's not act like we're dealing with a real world here.



Also, I've never played any of the Bioshock's, but Infinite looks amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHW78X1XeE

That looks like a trailer for a movie I'd watch in a heartbeat. I have a feeling that world is going to suck me in like Fallout 3's did.

Well Colombia is 19th century American isolationism to the extreme with people willing to die for their prophets, holding the founding fathers just inches below God in terms of worship. Also the people of Colombia are rather xenophobic. There more I read about this game, the more I want it.
 
*cracks up*

Is sad...

you look at my collection of games and they are ALL FPS, RPG, and strategy...(depending on the port or console)

so when I get hyped about a game, it's REALLY hyper!!!

we're totally on the same wave length Luna
 
Well Colombia is 19th century American isolationism to the extreme with people willing to die for their prophets, holding the founding fathers just inches below God in terms of worship. Also the people of Colombia are rather xenophobic. There more I read about this game, the more I want it.

I've wanted very much to roleplay a group thread in the Bioshock universe.
 
I've thought about that...I think its a tough one to do.

You, and I, mix very poorly on a personality level. I wonder, though, given the way we write...

I prefer supporting roles in group threads given that I am a bit slow. Still, I enjoy planning and operating concepts.
 
The problem is conceptual.
Part of the effectiveness of the two Bioshock games is the sense of deep aloneness in a sea of insanity. The almost pathetic lack of choice you have in becoming part of that insanity.
A group sort of violates that.

That depends on how you construct the setting and the group. For example, assigning one of the group to randomly play antagonist will isolate their character. You can also give each character private, hidden, mechanisms that they have to write and the others do not.

An additional option is to play the cast in a chaotic, confined situation. The example that comes to mind is in the scenario where Rapture has recently fallen to anarchy. Large segments of the city are flooded and isolated from one another and violence is overtaking many of those segments.

Isolate the cast in a survival scenario, say they hold up in a shoddy apartment building. A brothel. A cabaret.
 
To make that work, imho, requires something a bit different than most times. You'd either need an actual game-master, writing the forces of Rapture..or you'd need two groups, one the, uh, good guys...and the other the lunatics.

I'd support two groups. You separate the cast in secret. One group, for instance, is clean. The other group is addicted to Adam and hiding it as a terrible secret. They slowly, not too slowly, begin to break down.
 
Finally got that post worked out. Soooo YES.

Fistpumps in the air.

I showed that post who's boss.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top