Attachments

• Spring15-2.jpg
    Spring15-2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

27 March

D-day (daffodil day)

640px-20140226Narcissus_pseudonarcissus2.jpg

Snow melted off several weeks ago here at 4000ft / 1200m in the central Sierra Nevadas but we still have snowpack above 8000ft. Azaleas are blooming in our yard. If we weren't still recovering from our local viral bronchitis epidemic, we'd be out in the warm cloudy sunshine tending the meadow and manicuring the forest. The local bear has not yet emerged from hibernation; no pumas have bothered the in-laws yet. That'll happen soon enough.

We need that snowpack, desperately. Yesterday and Friday we tied the record for high temperature, 84 degrees, and I think it's supposed to be 85 today. Six years of drought, and all the golf courses down south in Palm Springs are still beautifully, brilliantly green. Wonder how they are managing that? :rolleyes:

One of my coworkers lives up the hill; he said a puma got one of his goats the other day.

Uh, oh. Along with the good, there's a possibility of some bad.

I is in one of those states, and so close to the border that I'm almost in another.

As I was reading the OP this is just what I was thinking about. We didn't have a lot of heavy snow and the river that runs past town has already seen it's snow melt peak, for local snow. North of us there'll be more melting soon.

And don't forget spring rains, T-storms, and tornadoes, So we usually get lots of high water later on, and the ritzy houses on the golf course, which is next to the river, will be worried about flooding.

And don't forget just plain wind. We've got 40MPH gusts here.

But it isn't all bad, The bushes are starting to bud out and it won't be long before the last traces of snow will be gone. Assuming we don't get another snowfall the next month or so.

We need that snowpack, desperately. Yesterday and Friday we tied the record for high temperature, 84 degrees, and I think it's supposed to be 85 today. Six years of drought, and all the golf courses down south in Palm Springs are still beautifully, brilliantly green. Wonder how they are managing that? :rolleyes:

One of my coworkers lives up the hill; he said a puma got one of his goats the other day.

Yup, big kitties do that. Their 'natual' habitat is as heavily populated with cougar as it can be so the younger, smaller ones are moving out into 'settled' areas where the pickings are slim. Keep your pets in the house and your livestock in the barn. Oh, and your kids in bed after dark. ;)

Ah yes, spring....nine days after the first day of spring we got 2" of snow that was then glazed over with a ice as it rained.

Shoveling and scraping the ice off the cars for an hour yesterday.

No idea what the temperature is going to be today, but know that I'm tired of looking and shaking my head.

Round here (UK), it seems that the land mass prefers to have it's wind blowing from the North East. Of ten, this is from the Russian Steppes and it am bloody cold at times.

This whole place exploded in the last week. It's like someone detonated a bomb of colours.

There are brilliant shades of blue, pink, yellow, fuschia, green and red all over the place.

It's a riot of magnolia, cherry blossoms, daffodils, forsythia, jonquils and tulips.

Last edited:
I decided to Top Spot the dog the other day, found a tick crawling on him when I was brushing him after a walk.

It must be spring, and the trees are just starting to show little bits of green, well some of them are, and it hasn't gone below freezing at night for a few weeks.

The magnolia is fading. It has an incredibly powerful scent that is almost intoxicating.
In combination with the fresh mulch the very air around this joint is deeply infused with a delicious funky odor.

640px-Magnolienbluete_freiburg.jpg

The magnolia is fading. It has an incredibly powerful scent that is almost intoxicating.
In combination with the fresh mulch the very air around this joint is deeply infused with a delicious funky odor.

640px-Magnolienbluete_freiburg.jpg

A beautiful picture.

Today I saw white, pink and blue bluebells growing by the railway line on my way home.

attachment.php

Our old route used to go down a road where magnolias and cherry trees bloomed, and I miss that a bit. However our new route is long enough that we cycle/scooter every day. I sort of knew that this would make me fitter but I'm amazed that in only a couple of months, and just cycling, not very fast, to and from school each day, I no longer puff and pant coming up the hill by the railway line. I can shoot along two gears higher than I could a short while ago.
:)

Attachments

• DSC_2592 (4).jpg
    DSC_2592 (4).jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
Watch it, Chaps, she's getting fitter by the day. . . . :)

And I have discovered a Magnolia over the road from my house. It's beautiful.

Watch it, Chaps, she's getting fitter by the day. . . . :)

And I have discovered a Magnolia over the road from my house. It's beautiful.

You can feel the ripples of terror in this fair city <snerk>.

I do miss the magnolias. There is just the one round the corner on our new school route. I plan to plant one in our garden though. It's great fun to have a garden big enough to put a tree in! until I have to mow the lawn (*groan*).
:rose:

You can feel the ripples of terror in this fair city <snerk>.

I do miss the magnolias. There is just the one round the corner on our new school route. I plan to plant one in our garden though. It's great fun to have a garden big enough to put a tree in! until I have to mow the lawn (*groan*).
:rose:

Get a mower so Piglit can use it. . . .

Get a mower so Piglit can use it. . . .

I bought a mower on Gumtree for £30! I had to rake the lawn first, though. It took a great deal longer than I anticipated as the grass is totally choked with moss and leaves. Piglet refused to help me in spite of her all her scout training, pretending she was 'busy' (means she was on her I-pad) :mad:

I may have the wrong kind of rake too ...

I bought a mower on Gumtree for £30! I had to rake the lawn first, though. It took a great deal longer than I anticipated as the grass is totally choked with moss and leaves. Piglet refused to help me in spite of her all her scout training, pretending she was 'busy' (means she was on her I-pad) :mad:

I may have the wrong kind of rake too ...

Kitty Mama say "Get with the Raking, little one. . . ."

Oh Please Oh Please Dear Spring!

Oh Please, Oh Please Dear Spring!
Fly forth and give sweet release,
To flora and feather
Animals and heather
I don't even care if I sneeze!

Free us from Winter's chilly embrace,
So that I may feel warmth on my face
I'm tired of layers
Restricting the players
I want my titties free to breathe!

Sorry, lost me head and wrote a poem. I for one am so delighted spring is here. I am seeing trees in bloom, the grass starting to grow...This is my favorite season.

Blessings to all in the Midwest getting too much rain this week. I am sorry for that and pray for swift recoveries for all that need them.

Later,
TittyBear

Oh Please, Oh Please Dear Spring!
Fly forth and give sweet release,
To flora and feather
Animals and heather
I don't even care if I sneeze!

Free us from Winter's chilly embrace,
So that I may feel warmth on my face
I'm tired of layers
Restricting the players
I want my titties free to breathe!

Sorry, lost me head and wrote a poem. I for one am so delighted spring is here. I am seeing trees in bloom, the grass starting to grow...This is my favorite season.

Blessings to all in the Midwest getting too much rain this week. I am sorry for that and pray for swift recoveries for all that need them.

Later,
TittyBear

Amen to that

Back