The hot Arabic chick thread

It does look like her doesn't it? Sorry yes I know it's Bara, one 'r', or rather I should know because I write a paper about her depiction of Cleo :eek:.

Have you published it? Do you take Said's critique of the West's Orientalism as a starting point for your review of the cultural expropriation of an Eastern figure for its own perverted projections? :D
 
I'm just perverted.

Apart from my story The Casbah, I have another part completed story set in a Harem, including the intrigue and manouevering to decide who will be the heir, the heir's mother, and who will have to die...
 
...and then there's the twin brothers from the poor family complicating the situation. The one, sold into slavery by his father so the others could have food, ends up a eunuch guarding the Caliph's Seraglio. The other, identical in all save one feature, takes advantage of his brother's position, and throws all questions of paternity and rightful inheritance into confusion...
 
What kind of a neighbourhood do you live in for fuck's sake
Wouldn't you like to visit, Jo? :p
For Dampy - India's Got Talent Meher Malik
And I give you... not quite belly dance but interesting all the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryy5jrN183Q
I read an interesting article about ten years ago, by a Muslim woman, on the relationship between Islam and science. She argued that the Muslim world was primarily interested in the practical, technological aspects of science, and largely dismissive of the intellectual bases of science itself. I'll try to refind it in my library for you.
Ooh, I'm interested in reading it too if you find it. :)
 
Lets see if I remember how to do this.

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
We call them Arabic numbers because we got the from the Arabs, but the decimal numbering system, with that all-important zero, came to the Arabs from the Indus Valley.

We do have to thank the Muslims for preserving much of Greek writings, including mathematics and science, and for some very useful technology, such as the vacuum pump and the windmill. Those latter were invented in Baghdad around 1200 CE, essentially to provide water for the 1.5 million inhabitants (as contrast, Paris was at about 100,000 at the time).

I read an interesting article about ten years ago, by a Muslim woman, on the relationship between Islam and science. She argued that the Muslim world was primarily interested in the practical, technological aspects of science, and largely dismissive of the intellectual bases of science itself. I'll try to refind it in my library for you.

I'll be looking for Scheherazade Goes West, and I'll send you some xocolotl mexica anyway.

Now, do I get some eye candy, too?

It seems to me to be such a pity that, after centuries of development in the East, science (and medicine) came to a grinding halt for a thousand years or so, probably because of the Church (think Galileo for one example).
 
Whoa, Tx! That could be me. :eek: Well, okay, the breasts aren't quite... like that. :p
 
Whoa, Tx! That could be me. :eek: Well, okay, the breasts aren't quite... like that. :p

Remember that story I was working on? This is one of the inspirational photos I was working off of. Now with your comment.... Just that much more inspiration. ;)

Uh, did I ever send you that story to look over?
 
Remember that story I was working on? This is one of the inspirational photos I was working off of. Now with your comment.... Just that much more inspiration. ;)

Uh, did I ever send you that story to look over?
No, I don't think you did....

And about the inspiration, just happy that I can help. :devil:
 
Gosh, this thread is a winner. I got lots of chocolate so far and some ... inspiring art work.
....
Sorry my attention wandered onto TXRad's ... uh, inspiring ... words ....

And we got some key scholarly contributions to the discussion on Islamic feminism, which is the main point of the whole thing. ;)

(Blood oranges dipped in dark chocolate? Mmmmf! Sorry, must lie down. Must not drool into family dinner.)

:rose:
 
See that in the UK and she'd be surrounded by enthusiastic Coppers in bullet-proof vests.

PS. For the benefit of the USA reader, the term "Coppers" refers to Policemen.

I know, it's so unfair, isn't it. In the USA, her rights to carry a gun are enshrined in the constitution and I'm sure she would be generally applauded by all and sundry.

:rose:
 
I'll send you some xocolotl mexica anyway.

Mmm, thanks Tio. (Btw Scheherazade Goes West goes down a treat just like xocolatl, it's a beguiling read.) Here is a bit of Saidian eye candy for you, Gérôme's The Snake Charmer. I think there are a few snakes in AH she could charm. ;)

snakecharmer460.jpg
 
You can almost hear her say:
"And Ladies & Gentlemen, you will notice there's nothing up my sleeve".

[Sorry; I'll go get my coat.]
 
Ooops, wait, I think that's a boy! Just like one of the lads and not even any tits. Sorry, Tio, I'll have to find another one for you. :eek:

Here's one for a friend who shall remain nameless ;):

ht_jeannie_out_of_the_bottle_dm_110404_wg.jpg

:kiss:
 
Barbara Eden is too pristine.

How about this genie?

genie+sans+bouillir.jpg


Or Scherezade? About to do the dance of the seven veils:

TitanyaBW1Final.jpg
 
Last edited:
Mmmm, Og, delectable. I love a whiff of orientalism in the morning. ;) It sure beats napalm!
 
Back
Top