Halloween Party (open to 1 female)

Feeling Robert's hands on my waist I could only nod, unsure of how my voice would sound. My heart was racing and I knew I was breathy from the scare I was just put through and yet my brain was screaming it wasn't real, but it sure felt real.

Feeling the warmth of Robert's hand against mind, let alone the soft tug toward the door, I followed him. I knew he was right, that there wasn't anything that would harm me, but your heart rate doesn't know that. It is a simple human function, fight or flight when we get scared. As we stepped back outside of the room my tongue darted out over my lips and I just nodded to Robert's questions again, trying hard to calm my own breathing down.

Once I figured my voice wasn't as shaky as the rest of me felt I took a breath, "I'm fine, just startled is all. Let's keep going. I want to see what else your mind created." Giving Robert a smile it was then I realized our hands were still linked, but I didn't mind it too much, after all, he created the rooms, so he was like an anchor going in them. Taking a few more deep breaths I felt my heart rate begin to slow, but I still prepared myself for what else was to come.

When we came out of the room there was no one there to see us, though I could hear the voices of those down below, still drinking and having a good ol' time which left us alone. Realizing I was holding Tara by the waist I sloly let go with my cheeks blushing slightly, "Sorry" nervously chuckling.

She was startled, but where most people would stop and turn away Tara wanted to go on. The next room was a bit more grizzly with a mad scientists' lab that had all sorts of experiments going on, from Dr. Frankenstien's monster strapped to a table that would tilt onto its foot to facethe people towards the center of the room by going very slowly. With it being very slowly and the hinges squeek it would be the center of attention. This room was assembled rather quickly, but I was fully satisfied with it, however as we went down the path way I paused ad looked at the door then at Tara, giving her a satisfied nod and moistening my lips I asked, "Are you ready?" Holding out a hand for her to go through with this.

Feeling more at ease with Robert after seeing his blush I following him to the next door. I was trying to hype myself up to take whatever the room would throw at me and yet thankful that I wasn't alone in all of this.

When we made it to the door and Robert looked at me, I couldn't help but give him a bright smile, "Yep, let's do this." I don't know if I was doing this for myself, to prove that I could or because I didn't want to let Robert down. After all he had spent what seemed like a ton of time decorating and it would be a shame not to see it all.

As he opened the door and we stepped inside I couldn't help but gasp at the sight before me. I glanced to him, utterly impressed with what I had seen, "How long did all of this take you?" While the scene was gory by all means, I could handle this way better than someone scaring me.

"This one," I said stepping in, "Took me only about an hour, I believe," my mind was still fuzzy about that with the amount of labor spent on the house, "But this one is unique. See, I had a friend that does movie props and he had this one sitting around his house and he let me borrow it," pointing to the Frankenstein monster table as the gears began to come into play and slowly lift the monster up, each second it would give a high pitch squeak and when it was fully upright there was a bright flash of blue and white then a second later with the thunderclap as the voice of “It’s alive! It’s alive!” from the classic movie began to play. That was how I felt when I finally assembled everything together and plugged it in and found out that it all worked. Standing close to Tara to keep her at ease I was looking at her face and judging her body to see how well she as taking it all. That scare in the last room, again, I thought would have put a stop to everything, but she toughed it out and I was impressed that she had the strength to do it.

“Oh, and the monster itself that was also from my friend,” I pointed out, “He did a live mold of one of his models who is about seven feet tall so he could make this life size replica of the monster. IF you want a real artist,” pointing at the model but referring to the man who made it, “He’s the man you want. Honestly, he’s a genius with all of this.”

My eyes moved around the room, it was fantastically done. My eyes darted back to Robert as he explained the time it took for just this room alone and where he got everything. My eyes turned back to the scene and slowly I moved a bit from him to get even a better look. This room didn't bother me as badly as the last one did so I was able to relish in the decorations.

Glancing back at Robert as he explained the artist friend of his, laughing softly, "He does great work, but I don't think I would ever have use for something like this or even something similar." Glancing back at the prop in the room, even waiting for the monster to show again, "He does amazing work."

Looking back to Robert I smiled softly, "Why did you do all of this? Seems like a lot of time and effort just for a party." Moving back to his side, I turn back to the scene, brushing his arm with my own. I liked how relaxed Robert was making me, so much so my fingers brushed his hand once more even as I glanced at him, "Not many would go through this kind of trouble for co-workers."

"Well, to be honest, I've bever done a party, so....so..." my cheeks were blushing redhead and turned away for a moment before coming back, "I honestly didn't know what to do, so, when in doubt, go overboard. And that's what I did," chuckling and turning away still embaraassed by all this. Even though it was going remarkably well she was right in that it was a long way to go for something usually as mundane as a halloween party with coworkers, but that was the part I did not like. Halloween parties at the office were usually lai back and dull. You couldn't drink there and by the time you could start everyone was tired and wanted to go home and the decorations were just thrown on. Its wasn't halloween unless you were scared, not just scared, but terrorified and thus far it was working.

Smiling still I flashed Tara my pearl white teeth, "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and I'll tell my friend how much you enjoy his work. He loves to hear feedback. Let's say we step out and look at the third room?" That was the mental hospial ward with the people in straight jackets and the like.

Seeing his blush actually made me smile even more. He really did go overboard with this party. It was nice of him to throw something like that for all of us, people that probably didn't say much, at least I never did. But then again I'm sorry I hadn't.

Nodding, "Sure, so far I think everything is great, even if the first room scared me more than I let on." Beaming another smile at him, letting him in on a part of myself I followed him out of the room and down the hall to the next one. As we entered I couldn't help the soft laugh that slipped from me, "Why is it Halloween and mental hospitals go hand and hand?"

I glanced around the room and again he did a wonderful job with this one. A little mixture of the first two rooms and I found myself amazed at the time and effort still. Leaning a bit into him, sort of like a nudge, "So where did you come up with your ideas? Just the normal scary movies or did you have some help?"

"I think it goes together in small part that people love a good, scary story and they don't get to see vampires, or zombies, or Frankenstein’s monster every day, but they do get to see people that are not all there and I think it's fun and scary to see because that could be them, or someone they know and it makes it real to them better than any horror movie," responding with a rather warm view on my take of the room. It was not my place to be this serious but I had a lot to draw on for this room and there was even one straight jacket on the wall, waiting to be used so if anyone was brave enough they could try it, of course no one has, yet, but I was willing to be that if you get enough beer into one of those guys out there they would try it on.

“I’m glad you’re enjoying it,” with a warming smile, “Really appreciate that someone out there enjoys my work, “I just didn’t know what to do, so I went overboard, that way there has to be talk of it instead of just what was to drink!”

Nodding and lightly tipping my head left and right, "A mixture of both," replying to her question of how I came up with this. "I got some of the weirdest family and friends, just so you know," chuckling to make it sound as if it were a joke, but it really was the truth. Unlike the last rooms, this one had more light for it had more to show, with someone, or something in a strait jacket off in the corner with the legs drawing in and out and the head slightly canted to the side, constantly mumbling to himself and cackling every once in a while.

Glancing to him I couldn't help but give him a soft smile before saying, "I don't know, I think my family could beat yours in the weird ways." Remembering that this was the reason I worked so hard, so that way I didn't end up like any of them. Looking over the room again admiring the work put into it as well as knowing that so many would have a pretty close if not exact experience with something similar.

Turning back to Robert, "Is this it? I didn't know how many rooms you had fixed up. After all, I would hate to not see all the work you put into the night. I know some people here will worry more about the drinks than the decorations. I would much rather admire the decorations and then maybe the drinks." Laughing softly as I know it wouldn't be all that wise of me to drink too much as I have much to do and let alone work to tend to.

Putting my hands on my hips and grinning to him, "Give me your best room, lets see how terrified you can make me tonight." Giving him a wink at the challenge, feeling particularly brave at that exact moment.

"I would love to hear it, when you have the time," I said, wanting to hear more of her family.

Smiling and nodding to her challenge we stepped out into the hall and I lead the towards the last room along the pathway, past a couple of men in accounting that were sipping beer and talking to one another about their dealings. If she wanted to be scared then the best one might be the last room of the seven. If she survived this one without running off for the hills then she was stronger than she appeared. They didn't pay us any heed as we slipped by and I reached the last door. It was a simple, plain door with no markings on it.

Turning the brass knob and opening it I offered for her to be the first one in. Inside it was a naturally light room with the waning sun still shining into the room with a white painted metal framed bed and bare cotton stuffed mattress right underneath with a simple dresser off to the left and a chest at the foot with the walls being eggshell white and the floor of polished wood. There seemed to be nothing out of place as she walked in and I closed the door behind me after entering. It looked as though this room wasn’t even decorated, but it really was and as we looked there was skittering of feet on the floor behind me that even made me turn around. This room took me the least amount of time, but i didn't say that to her up front instead letting the environment begin to sink in and surround her.

I made a mental note to take the time to just talk with Robert. After all, many that started to learn about my family usually ran off pretty quickly. I tended to use is as a way to determine if the guy was serious about me or not; harsh but true. I smiled as he turned and lead me from the room and down the hallway. I paid the guys not particular attention as I recognized them from work. I really didn't like to be too social at work, so the biggest question was why was I here?

As Robert stopped in front of a plain door I thought on the reasons why stopping by, all of them coming to me were pretty lame when it came to excuses. I think the biggest one being I was going to give it a try and say 'see I knew it wouldn't work' to myself later, but so far Robert was making this a very enjoyable night and one I was glad I was wrong on.

As he opened the door and we stepped inside, my eyes moved around the room that looked like any other bedroom you would come into. I was a bit confused at first and then my mind started to wander, thinking maybe this was his means of hinting at something with me. After all he was a guy and that was my experience with guys. I turned to him just to see for myself, as facial expressions of what someone is hoping for is hard to hide. About that time I hear something behind me and I glance back but there is nothing there. Before I can even say anything there is another noise making me turn again to investigate.

It didn't take me long to wonder if maybe this was a truly haunted room, hearing things and yet never catching anything with my eyes. I kept turning at each noise, hoping to catch something. I step back and find myself touching something, I turn quickly to find Robert there. My hands going to his arms as yet again I hear something else and my head turns to find nothing. Glancing back at him with a curious look in my eye, wondering if maybe this was what he had planned for this room, the hearing but never seeing what is making the noise. My heart rate was certainly picking up again and I tried not to let the noise turn my eyes, but that was certainly something hard to do.

Deep down I was trying to impress her, first setting all of this up was to impress my friends and going overboard became part of it because I didn't know what to do in a party host and it came out this way and seeing how Tara was consumed by it, wanting to see what each room was and actually taking time out of her work and life to be here I wanted to be sure to impress her, not by lavish money and extravagance but by showing how I could work. When we entered the room it came back what this as and when she went back and touched me I couldn't help but smile as my own eyes were doing the searching until she turned back and our eyes locked. The room was closed but we could get out as the skittering and whispered voices continued all around us. This one came from an old story my family told me about an uncle I didn’t know, how he went crazy in a mental hospital and kept hearing voices, well, and my prop friends devised this and wanted to try it out. It was all speakers and times carefully, but because you couldn’t see it compared to the ghosts and the Frankenstein monster this was scary in that your mind was wondering if what you’re hearing was real or not.

There was nothing in this room that was going to reach out and say 'Boo' but all of the voices and becoming frustrated in being unable to find the source would be enough to drive anyone insane. that was the whole point of it, but after this room perhaps we should take a time out and go back to the kitchen where she could tell me about her family. let the others in the group have their fun with this room and the others. In fact, noting in the back of my mind, this was the longest I had ever been with a woman outside of work and it was satisfying that we were spending this time together, a completely stranger that worked in the same company as I. There were many men that would try to take this chance and put some movies on Tara, but I wasn't one of them. When she stepped back and reached I placed a hand against the small of her back to ease her close but nothing else as I feared a hand somewhere else would result in a smack to the face.

"You doing okay?" asking. She was strong in character

I started to move back from Robert, not wanting him to get the wrong though about me being so close to him, but he feel of his hand at the small of my back stopped me. It wasn't so much that I didn't want to be that close, I just didn't want him thinking of me as someone easy. Though, come to think on it more, he never gave me that impression and so many times he had a chance to do something and didn't.

I smiled softly to him, "I'm good," trying to ignore the urge to look toward the noise that kept going off around us. Bracing my hands on his forearms, "Besides you're here with me, so no big baddie would get me." Winking at him before laughing softly, "I can say though this is not a room I wish to stay in for too long. Just the urge to search for the sounds is making the tension level rise inside of me." I was trying to give him my honest opinion about the room. It was somewhere I didn't think anyone would be able to spend too much time in.

Looking into his eyes I did feel a pull to him, but I fought it since we still didn't know much of one another. It probably wouldn't have been wise to just attach him on pure hormones. The thought though did have me smiling brightly and biting back a chuckle that wanted to slip free. I couldn't believe my mind was turning in that direction with everything else I have experienced that night, but it was and it was coming up with some pretty funny scenarios.

When she touched my forearms and gave the gentle smile my mind was going a mile a minute with all sorts of possibilities as to why. She appeared to like me and nodding and smiling in turn I responded with, "Perhaps we should head outside and take a break." Leading the way with a very light press to the small of her back I lead the way out as the whispers of he room continued to bounce around through the interior of the room.

Once the door was shut we heard the bounce and joy of the party as we walked along the path towards the kitchen, along the way we passed the others that overlooked us. During this journey I couldn't help but keep smiling at her but I was fighting the urge to make a move as I doubted myself. Thus far I was making good moves and she was smiling and enjoying herself but before this was over I had to at least ask her out for a proper date.

Reaching the kitchen I pulled out a chair for her to sit and sat across from her.

Feeling the press of his hand was nice. It let me know he was there and with me. We left the room and headed down the way toward the kitchen. I ignored everyone as we moved through them, my attention on the hand on my back. I even felt the excited little tingles that seemed to march from where that hand was, up my spine. It had me smiling, and I didn't expect to be doing much of that tonight. Well I would smile but not like I felt that smile, whereas here I was feeling that smile.

When we reached the kitchen and he pulled out a chair for me I almost blushed, "Thanks," taking a seat. He took the one opposite of me and I had to move my eyes away, feeling that heat rising up my neck. "You wanted to know about my family...hmmm." I wasn't even sure what to start with. After all when people looked at my family all they saw as dysfunctional and then they automatically thought I would end up just like them.

Glancing back to him I couldn't help but smile then, "Let me start by saying I am nothing like them." I paused a moment and placed my clasped hands on the table, "My mother currently resides in a mental hospital. She has been there since my dad killed himself last year. They were never the 'great' parents most people have. In fact, most of the time I was fending for myself while they did whatever." I paused again, "Let's just say that is why I don't socialize much and why I tend to bury myself in my work, be it work or school."

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry" reciling very slightly when she brought out such news, "that's...that's just terrible." And I wanted to as why would her father commit suicide, but decided against in the end as it might be not proper and it was difficult for me to say something that would allow us to go to something different, but I asked, "Do you have any siblings?" I hoped she did because having both parents be like that was just dreadful. On the other hand I was the polar opposite and now I didn't want to say that or else it would be rubbing salt into her wounds.

There was a hoot and holler from the living room and a woman came in, rather staggering to the kitchen asking if there was anything inside the fridge as she needed something cold everything else was becoming warm. Before I could say anything she went up to the fridge, opened it, poked her head inside and came out with a can of coke. I didn't mind as she left without saying another word. Looking back to Tara and clearing my throat quickly, "I'm really glad you came here. Give you a chance to see other people, but as you can see, its not always a good deal."

I went on to say a lot of people I work with they're workers, 9-5 and wanting to hang loose for awhile and though I enjoyed Tara I wasn't in a hurry to jump into the sack with her as this was so much fun just talking.

Before I could answer his question a woman came into the kitchen and talked about something cold. I waited for her to leave and in the process smirked lightly at Robert's comment, "Hence why I tend to stay to myself."

I liked spending time with Robert, he actually made me feel at ease and not like some looney, which was the impression I got from many people once they heard about my family. In fact every time something was brought to my attention about how this was his house or he spent all this time and money into decorations, it still shocked me a bit. Robert didn't seem like the type to have it easy, I wasn't sure why since I got a feeling that is exactly how his life was like. Then again most people's lives were a whole lot more easier than mine.

Realizing I still hadn't answered his question, I glanced over to him, "I don't have any brothers or sisters and honestly I thank God every day for that. Life was rough enough, no need putting more people through it too." I paused collecting my thoughts for a moment. Usually it was difficult for me to bring all this up, but for some reason with Robert it was easy, "I haven't visited my mom. Well only once since she was placed there. I would much rather just forget that part of my life ever happened, make it better through hard work and knowledge."

I glanced down at my clasped hands for a moment, "Dad couldn't seem to take the pressures of family life. Not sure why he just didn't leave like most father's do, but that was his choice. Mom, she thought she wouldn't be able to handle doing it all on her own. I mean it wasn't like they gave a shit about me anyway, so not sure why they bothered worrying about it." Glancing up to him I tried to hide the anger I felt for both of them with a smile, "What's in the past is the past right? Can't change it and no point in dwelling on it. Do you have any brothers or sisters?"

Now that my horror story was out of the way we could finally move on to more appealing topics and wait for the next person to interrupt us...which tonight seemed to be a lot of them.

Her story was tragic and my eyes were actually starting to water a bit but I got them out with touching the eyes and brushing them away. "No, no other siblings," speaking after a moment of thinking. "My parents, well...." wanting to say how well they treated and cared for me ultimately decided against it in the end as it seemed that it would be rubbing salt into the wounds, but said, "My mother couldnt have children after me. She had your uterous removed and I was disappointed in not having siblings much as Tara was alone but I was glad to have her here, but giving her some sympathy was not enough. She was pretty, intelligent, and like me; lonely.

It wasn't goin to be for a romp, or a one night stand. Tara was someone that I was working with, and been told many times that it was a stupid to date a person in the work place, but rght now it was not dating but simple friendship. I wasn't trying to impress or bribe her to my side, but I was purely enjoying her company, "You know, I'm going to be here and watching some movies. If you'd like, why not come over and we can watch them together?" But I didn't tell her I had a 72inch plasma HD flat panel in the belief that I had done enough flaunting.

Behind us the others were still mingling and not giving us any grief.

"I'm sorry to hear that," and I truly was. I knew what it was like not to have a sister or a brother to turn to. It is like having a best friend around all the time. Just so happened that my best friends were books.

I couldn't help but smile at his offer, "That actually sounds really nice, thank you. Maybe we will have to make something more of it than just a movie, maybe I can even pick up something to eat on the way. That or I can pick up stuff and we can cook. I'll admit I am not the best cook in the world, but then I never had a need for something other than short and fast." I laughed softly even as images of spending evenings after work with Robert were floating around in my head.

It probably wasn't the best idea to get involved with him, seeing as we work together, but it wasn't like I had many offers to drag me out of the house....then again that was my choice too. "If you don't mind, I may have to bring some work with me...not work work but school stuff." I knew I couldn't let my grades slip and yet the offer to spend more time with Robert was sounding wonderful. I didn't dare look anywhere near a clock for fear of seeing how late it was getting. I was enjoying my time with him too much for it to end already.

"Its alright. I wished to have a brother, but guess....," but when she appologized my thoughts were 'Why should she appoligze it was not her ault. If anything I should be for her as she hadit worse than me then she brought up the food and bringing school work, "I can order some stuff so you don't have to worry about it and you can your work, sure, I don't mind, just as long as you ca put the books down and have a little bit of fun" giving a light chuckle and knocking on the surface of the table with the knuckles. She was very bright andthus it was slowly coming to together. Spending a day in this large house won't be so lonely for awhile. I wasn't ask her to spend the night, just a couple movies and some homework and I was so delighted that she was willing to come over that I was trying to keep myself contained to my seat and bit my lower lip.

"What movies do you like? If I don't have one you like in particular I can run out and grab it" then quickly tucked my hands underneth the surface of the table to pull and bend the fingers as I could see that they were starting to tremble lightly from being so nervous. Once the circultion resumed they were placed back onto the surface.

Laughing softly, "I promise to put the books down and have some fun. I just don't want to get behind either." I had a feeling that books probably would be the last thing on my mind, but I at least had to try and make sure not to miss anything important. Wouldn't do me any good to work this hard only to slack because of an interested in a guy.

Smiling brightly at his question, "Actually I like them all. I love a good action, just as much as drama, comedy and yes even the romance one from time to time. Why don't you surprise me? After all it isn't like I have been keeping up with what is out, so I'm sure there are tons to choose from." We were just planning away for this movie date and I was starting to wonder if it was going to be tomorrow or sometime in the future. Part of me hoped it was tomorrow.

Glancing quickly at the crowd that milled around outside of the kitchen before my eyes turned back to him, "Are we thinking about tomorrow for this lavish plan," I asked, but not wanting to look too overly excited about seeing him again. Those times tend to backfire on me and I end up being the one to fall where he doesn't. Shifting in my seat a bit I tried to push those thoughts away and just enjoy the time I have had with him and plans for any future times we could muster.

Thinking for a moment, tomorrow might actualy work and lookingand sensing that she might be a little eager to come on over I said, "Sure! Come on over tomorrow." Looking through my pockets I went for any way to write down myphone number and sawa packet of sticky notes laying on the counter behind her. Getting up and walking around and peeling off the top one and taking out a pen I scribbled down my phone number before offering it to her, "Give m a call, when you're on your way so that everything is ready for you." I didn't have a butler, I had to prepare everything myself, but it would be worth it if she can come over for a few hours ad we can have some private fun. Ideas were floating around in my mind, nothing of sex, but having fun with another person instead of being alone, wondering what tomorrow might bring.

My smile brightened as I heard him say to come over tomorrow. I wasn't working and I could take the morning to get my work done for school before coming over, that way I didn't have any books with me.

I watched him move past me and my eyes followed. As he handed me his number I smiled again and looked at it before slipping from the chair, standing and slipping it into my pants pocket. I reached for the pen in his hand, my fingers brushing over his as I slowly slipped it from his grip. Leaning over I pulled my own piece off and jotted my number down on it before replacing the pen from where he got it from. I handed him my number, "Just in case."

I leaned forward as I handed him the number and gave him a soft kiss on his cheek, "I don't want to, but I best get home. I have some homework I need to turn in tonight before bed. I look forward to tomorrow. Oh are you working tomorrow?" I didn't even realize it but standing there my hand was still brushing his from where I handed him my number.

She handed me the number and my heart skipped abeat when she gave a kiss to the cheek. It was surprising but welcomed as she asked whether I was working. Technically I was but I had more than enough leave time availble, plus sick days that I could just phone in. "Its okay, I'll be here." Though it was disappointing to see her leave she had to put business before any sort of pleasure. "I'll walk you to the door."

Gently placing a hand on the small of the back and walking beside her and leavng the kitchen, pocketing the phone number we passed the others that were still living it up. The night was young and she was one of the first to leave but she had to. "Just so you know," whispering into her ear as we walked, "I had a lovely time. We should have done this a long time ago."

Passing by everyone that was still living it up, I sighed inside wishing I didn't have to leave. For once I was having a great time, but duty called. As we moved closer to the door I felt that familiar touch on the small of my back and I smiled; I just couldn't help myself.

When Robert leaned in and whispered to me, I actually got shivers that crawled all over me...not the bad kind, the oh so good kind. My smile brightened even more as I turned toward him, "I did too. Thank you for everything Robert." I really didn't want to leave, but at least I could look forward to tomorrow and spending a good part of the day and evening with him.

As he opened the door I glanced back to him, "See you tomorrow then," I wanted to kiss his cheek again, but felt I would look too desperate or something so I just turned and left.

The rest of the way home I kept replaying the evening in my head. I really did have a great time, which normally, for me, didn't happen. I got home as quick as I could so I could finish up what I needed to do for school. I wanted tomorrow to be totally free to enjoy. I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face, not even when I crawled in bed to go to sleep.

Back