What does the H (for hot) next to a story title mean?

L

LeslieHemmingway83

I've just submitted my first work and it seems to be getting a pretty good response. I've noticed an H symbol has appeared next to my story's title on the site. What exactly does that mean? I know it stands for hot but how did I get it?

When you've more than ten votes and the score is 4.5 or higher, your story is considered "hot".

When you've more than ten votes and the score is 4.5 or higher, your story is considered "hot".

Unfortunately the red H can make the story a target for trolls who leave very low votes, or people who come to the story because it is marked 'Hot' and then disagree.

Other markings can be E for Editor's Choice which means that one person, the reviewer, liked it; and W the story won, or was placed in a Literotica story competition; and for a short time N for New Story.

I just like to write. :eek: The numbers and letters shouldn't matter.

That is the best attitude to have when posting your work on Literotica.

Worrying about appearing and disappearing Hs can be obsessional and fruitless.

Unfortunately the red H can make the story a target for trolls who leave very low votes, or people who come to the story because it is marked 'Hot' and then disagree.

Other markings can be E for Editor's Choice which means that one person, the reviewer, liked it; and W the story won, or was placed in a Literotica story competition; and for a short time N for New Story.

Is there a guide for what these symbols mean? I've been looking for one but have yet to find it.

If it's rating well enough to get a 'H' those low votes will probably be deleted in sweeps, although that may take a few weeks.

Back