Dangerous Duets ~ Incubus and his Muse (Closed for Veroe)

Karena turned looking the waitress in the eyes her own glowing eyes capturing hers quickly.

Artistic... You haven't seen anything... You simply desire to... Paint.

She glanced to Cannan.

Care to finish wiping her memory lover?

--------------
Kishara purred feeling his teeth as her fingernails danced more intently over him with growl. Her hips bouncing more firmly against his slamming up against her. Her mind danced over the soon to be weekend... As well as the fact that Percy's ire at seeing her walking from his office quite sated and reveling in the marks of her passion with her husband.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

And the door swung open and one of the waitresses was standing there eyes wide at the sight of them. "I knew it. This isn't the place for that, you two...couldn't you wait till you got home for that?"

Canaan sheepishly smiled to the woman as he pulled out of Karena and tucked himself back into his pants, "Sorry."

"Sorry barely covers it, honey," The woman said shaking her head, "I have half a mind to call the cops on you kids."

After Karena resituated her clothing came up to the woman and peered close to her. "Artistic...?"

The waitress paused asking, "what?"

"You haven't seen anything..." She pressed, "You simply desire to... Paint."

Her brow wrinkled as she softly admitted, "How did..you know...I... always wanted to be a painter?" Her eyes grew a bit distant as she said that.

"Care to finish wiping her memory lover?" She told him.

He nodded telling her, "Interesting technique."

He approached them and gently took the woman's hand. He released some energy into her. Those distant eyes drifted shut. The impressions came to him...the woman's desires...her secret self. "There's someone you've pined over for so long...."

"...Becca...." She murmured longingly, "...But she'd never...She isn't a... She isn't like me..."

"Focus on her," He prompted, "Picture the night you've always wanted with Becca. Let it fill your mind until there's no room to recollect the two of us in this restroom."

He turned his head to Karena mouthing, "Let's go."

He told her letting more energy flow into the waitress, "After your shift you'll give Becca a call. Tell her how you feel. Maybe she'll accept you."

He let her go took Karena by the arm and blew her a kiss. "I'm a romantic at heart."

They left the restaurant hand in hand returning to his Harley. "So where to now?"

----------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"Thatta girl," He crowed as he lifted his arms and taking hold of her hair he pulled her head back making her arch her back and put her delicious little breasts within easy reach for him to nibble. He did that roughly as his own hips lifted up pistoning his cock into her at such a speed and intensity one would assume it was some sort of punishment for her to endure, but it wasn't. How could it be punishment if both parties wanted it just like this. A hard, fast, primal passion unleashed into action.

That drove a special purr from his favorite paramour.

"You're thinking about her, aren't you," He growled, "You're picturing Percy's face when you walk out that door all disheveled with your makeup smeared and your hair a total mess....Can you picture the anger and jealousy on her face?"
 
Kishara purred.

Oh I think we are leaving enough Mark's on each other to really really get under her skin. Such an angry little Percy knowing that not even politics can tear you and I apart.

She laughed slamming down giving just as rough and wild as she was taking. Assault was not even a strong enough word for their quickies like this. The weekend that they had to look forward to. That was the time for more sensual passions and marathon sessions. This was simply to reconnect and burn off excess energy like no other could help them burn.

-----------

Karena smiled as they left.

That was sweet... I do wish them well. As for where to I could call Tallos and see if he is available to talk to us?

She grabbed her phone and was scrolling for the number.

Remember the Badlands felines can be a little protective. Tallos might try to come across as overprotective of me... Or all that male ego he and I having a past just remember he is just a great big ole kitty cat and harmless... Trust me.

She winked at Canaan with a devious little smile.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He let her go took Karena by the arm and blew her a kiss. "I'm a romantic at heart."

"That was sweet..." She replied, "I do wish them well."

They left the restaurant hand in hand returning to his Harley. "So where to now?"

"As for where to I could call Tallos and see if he is available to talk to us," She told him pulling out her phone and scrolling through her contacts, "Remember the Badlands felines can be a little protective."

"Shifters are always protective," He replied, "But just how protective are we talking about?"

"Tallos might try to come across as overprotective of me... Or all that male ego," She shrugged, "He and I having a past just remember he is just a great big ole kitty cat and harmless..."

"He lives in the badlands and kept his people outside the light or dark fey..." Canaan grumbled pulling on his motorcycle helmet, "...somehow I doubt that."

She smiled and gave him a sneaky little wink, "Trust me."

"I will, always, Karena," He said straddling the bike's seat.

She got on the bike as he revved the Harley's engine back to life. A few minutes later they were back on the road on their way back to the badlands to meet this Tallos.

------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"You're thinking about her, aren't you," He growled, "You're picturing Percy's face when you walk out that door all disheveled with your makeup smeared and your hair a total mess....Can you picture the anger and jealousy on her face?"

She laughed slamming down giving back just as hard as anything he was laying into her, "Oh I think we are leaving enough Mark's on each other to really really get under her skin. Such an angry little Percy knowing that not even politics can tear you and I apart."

He laughed noting the sting from the scratches those razor sharp nails had given him up and down his body. He rolled them over spreading her legs to really let him piledrive deep inside of her. She'd wrestle them back with her on top in a second or two...that was why he liked fucking Kishara as opposed to fucking his wife. Kish he could really hammer into the floor or wall or desk or bed or table...etc...and kick back and enjoy a beer with talking about any topic with interest five minutes after it was over. Besides fucking one another as a part of their unending arguments...he and Persey could barely stand being in the same room with one another.

"So let's really drive the point..." He drove into her hard as deep as he could go where he was knocking on the wall of her sex, "...home for her."
 
Karena shrugged.

The feline shifters are like Audra they are older than the division.

She snuggled up against him as they rode along.

We have a past and feline shifters are fairly sexual so if he starts up he is probably just trying to get you jealous.

She nibbled at his ear at a red light with a purr.

Once you get to the bottom of the hill instead of turning left like you did to get to my place turn right then take the next left after the four way stop.
________

Kishara let him shift them around for with a growl of absolute desire her hips rolling with his thrusts.

Oh yeah...

They had always been far more than the rampant sexual hunger for one another. Had they been mortals people might have thought them "soulmates" or that perfect pair you see in the news celebrating their 80th wedding anniversary or some such thing as that. They had always brought that out in each other for years before politics got in the way. For now though it was their own personal primal intense passion and never ending hunger for one another that had them locked together. The fact that it would piss Percy off was just icing on the cake.

She bucked and arched her body her wide spread legs bending at the knees as her body took all the pleasure it could from his thrusts and depth within her.
 
Last edited:
IC: Canaan Alexander

"I will, always, Karena," He said straddling the bike's seat.

She got on the bike as he revved the Harley's engine back to life. A few minutes later they were back on the road on their way back to the badlands to meet this Tallos.

"The feline shifters are like Audra they are older than the division." She explained snuggling against when she got on the bike behind him, "We have a past and feline shifters are fairly sexual so if he starts up he is probably just trying to get you jealous."

"I'm an incubus," He told her, "I don't get jealous."

He drove them in more of a straight shot now towards the badlands. He felt her nibble on his earlobe as he came to the last turn into the badlands part of the city. "Once you get to the bottom of the hill instead of turning left like you did to get to my place turn right then take the next left after the four way stop."

"You got it, beautiful," He sad making the turn and heading down the street following her directions all the way.

-----------------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"So let's really drive the point..." He drove into her hard as deep as he could go where he was knocking on the wall of her sex, "...home for her."

"Oh yeah..." Was Kish's idea bucking up thrust with thrust. With each drive into her she met blow for blow making a loud clapping sound of flesh on flesh that if Percy was waiting outside she would definitely hear. She'd already be able to feel it, smell it too...being a Succubus did have some privileges.

He laid into her harder. "She's probably out there right now. She probably suspects its you in here with me. Let her hear you now. Give her no doubt, Kish. Cum hard and let her hear every second of it."
 
Oh yeah right... In any normal circumstance might believe that but I could smell you get defensive when that little Latin duo said their goodbyes.

She purred and snuggled as they rolled along till they met up with a minor road block. Cubs ready to make a name for themselves and their little pack with the rest of the tribe. When they had to stop she stepped from the bike and looked the biggest of the children eye to eye.

Micah... We are on our way to see Tallos... Now.

The boy shifted his eyes from her to Canaan and back.

Why him?

She took a deep calming breath attitude was the last thing she was going to tolerate from a lowly guard no matter who they were.

Because I don't live by anyone's rules but my own and I would hate to have to break your arm to make my point when you have a guitar lesson tomorrow.

The others needed no more explanation than going to see Tallos but Micah was slower to convince... The threat to his ability to play the guitar however clearly had him thinking.

Tallos can break him we have better things to do.

With that the little crew took off on their bikes.

__________

Kish was so very close her own unique hiss like sound was growing louder. It seemed to be a sound of great pleasurable release as it transformed holding the hiss but nearly a haunting roar mingled in. The near violence of their mating adding it's own thunder and slaps to the sound...

Cry out... With... Me... Lover
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

"I'm an incubus," He told her, "I don't get jealous."

"Oh yeah right... In any normal circumstance might believe that but I could smell you get defensive when that little Latin duo said their goodbyes." She purred teasingly into his ear.

"That wasn't me getting jealous...I've never felt any sort of jealousy before..." At the time he hadn't realized he was being jealous. He just didn't like the thought of them and Karena. It was ridiculous of course. He was the one who was always a proponent of free love so the thought of him feeling 'jealous' was an embarrassing thing that had happened to him.

He drove them in more of a straight shot now towards the badlands. He felt her nibble on his earlobe as he came to the last turn into the badlands part of the city. "Once you get to the bottom of the hill instead of turning left like you did to get to my place turn right then take the next left after the four way stop."

"You got it, beautiful," He sad making the turn and heading down the street following her directions all the way.

They were entering the badlands proper now. In this direction houses became sparser giving way to more rundown warehouses, factories, and canneries. But he had to take it to a stop as they came up to a lot of kids out on the street. She climbed off the bike and told one of the kids who they were there to meet. The kid didn't seem to much like him, but Canaan let Karena do all the talking to smooth things over and within moments they were pulled into a shutdown factory building for petfood from the signs atop it.

He turned off the Harley's engine and got up to join Karena as they walked towards the closest door. "Let's hope this guy will be in a cooperative mood."

------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

He laid into her harder. "She's probably out there right now. She probably suspects its you in here with me. Let her hear you now. Give her no doubt, Kish. Cum hard and let her hear every second of it."

"Cry out... With... Me... Lover..." She hissed out between roaring exhales as he drove in to the hilt of her.

Pressure was building inside of him now. He was on the verge of bursting like a soda can shaken too hard. He plowed into her body like a madman in the single minded pursuit of ecstasy for both of them. Then at her words the soda can burst. He erupted within her grunting out between gasping pleasure-soaked breaths, "Urrgghh....Kisssh...Arrra!"
 
Stalking through the door she looked around.

Where's Tallos?

One of the other felines stood up growling.

Thought you said you weren't going to be taking sides muse...

She hasn't...

Another voice booked out as Tallos walked down the stairs into the room.

You had better keep Zane muzzled and on a short leash during this visit if he is still valuable to this crew Tallos.

Her eyes never leaving the towering Tiger striped hair and green eyes behemoth before them clearly not backing down even a millimeter. She had lived around them long enough to know all too well how to handle herself around them and that was cold ruthless bitch.

Zane...

Tallos spoke again...

Go wrap your teeth around some lunch... At the docks.

He walked over slipping arms around Karena's waist.

Long time... But an incubus... Really beautiful... Is that what you turned to to match me?

Her expression didn't change.

We have questions you have mental and dream ability to answer them... Got it?

___________

Kishara hissed more less than audible words as orgasm threatened to short circuit her system with such intense pleasure and passion. Licking at his lips as she slowly calmed and nibbled softly at his chest. In these moments they were still perfectly one each other's mind body and soul... Perhaps more than they ever could be for any other since the thought of monogamy was insanity and vile disdain. She reached a hand to brush his hair back as she smiled to him.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He turned off the Harley's engine and got up to join Karena as they walked towards the closest door. "Let's hope this guy will be in a cooperative mood."

Karena walked through first and looking around asking, "Where's Tallos?"

At seeing him come up behind her one of the werecats within the building commented, "Thought you said you weren't going to be taking sides muse..."

"She hasn't..." A tall large man said walked down the stairs to join them.

Canaan frowned at this man as he came to regard Karena while all the while ignoring him. Something about this man made him not like him without even speaking with him. Perhaps the self-assured, self-centered way he held himself. It just screamed that he was a douchebag that was so full of himself.

It was clear he and Karena had some history between them. He'd let her handle this. To her credit she did not seem intimidated in the slightest. She merely crossed her arms saying, "You had better keep Zane muzzled and on a short leash during this visit if he is still valuable to this crew Tallos."

Tallos complied getting rid of the tiger-haired agro-meathead, Zane. Then he came up to her again and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Long time... But an incubus... Really beautiful... Is that what you turned to to match me?"

This one was trying to rattle his cage with that remark. Canaan decided to step a little closer ready to react in support of however Karena decided to reply.

Stonily she told this Tallos jerk, "We have questions you have mental and dream ability to answer them... Got it?"

He took hold of the man's hands and pulled them off from around karena's waist. He told him, "In this modern day and age of feminist enlightenment a man should always ask a woman's permission before being so forward with touching them."

He smiled smugly to him holding out a hand for Karena to take ahold of if she chose to. "Take it from the incubus, friend. Coming on to beautiful women is what I do everyday, right?"

------------------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

Pressure was building inside of him now. He was on the verge of bursting like a soda can shaken too hard. He plowed into her body like a madman in the single minded pursuit of ecstasy for both of them. Then at her words the soda can burst. He erupted within her grunting out between gasping pleasure-soaked breaths, "Urrgghh....Kisssh...Arrra!"

They came down taking deep lungfuls of breaths back to earth again. Endorphins buoyed them and a deep sense of contentment flowed over them. Mathias loved this feeling almost as much as the climb to the climax.

He smiled to Kishara, "What do you feel like...Szechuan for lunch...or maybe Thai food? There's a really good Thai restaurant a block over from here. Anyway, I figure we let Persey simmer a while then when the delivery guy comes we open the door all still messed up from sex and act so surprised that she was waiting there."
 
Careful Incubus... You are a long way from your sisters control. Oh and Karena has never complained about me before...

Tallos snarled before looking back to Karena who still had that cold expression and his revealing nothing suspected he knew something of what was happening.

To business then...

Motioning them upstairs he walked into the room and waited. Recliners that looked like they belonged in a mansion we're seated around the room.

Get comfortable I will have to put you both to sleep to begin any understanding of the situation.

_____________

Kishara purred

Mmmm Thai food...

Her body curling against him as they floated back to a calm and sated... for now... place in mind and body.

Yes let her find us all disheveled and happy

She licked at his lips her arms hugging him loosely as she smiled into his eyes.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

He smiled smugly to him holding out a hand for Karena to take ahold of if she chose to. "Take it from the incubus, friend. Coming on to beautiful women is what I do everyday, right?"

"Careful Incubus... You are a long way from your sisters control," Tallos snarled at him.

Canaan had already decided he did not like this man. He was pushy, standoffish, and an arrogant bastard. Also he was wrong, dead wrong. Persey was not pulling his strings here. If she were he would have dragged Karena kicking and screaming to the dark fey's headquarters.

He looked back to Karena sneering, "Oh and Karena has never complained about me before..."

"Keep up the posturing bullshit," Canaan challenged, "And we'll see what she complains about."

To that he smirked at canaan and gestured towards the stairs, "To business then..."

They began striding up the stairs to a room with windows overlooking the warehouse floor below, but had a comfy little lounge complete with two plush recliners waiting for them both.

"Get comfortable I will have to put you both to sleep to begin any understanding of the situation," Tallos ordered.

Canaan sat down next to Karena uncertain he trusted this arrogant jerk enough to close his eyes from him let alone fall asleep, but he looked to her and followed how easily she was coping with all this.

----------------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

He smiled to Kishara, "What do you feel like...Szechuan for lunch...or maybe Thai food? There's a really good Thai restaurant a block over from here. Anyway, I figure we let Persey simmer a while then when the delivery guy comes we open the door all still messed up from sex and act so surprised that she was waiting there."

"Mmmm Thai food..." She purred curling up against his naked body and Mathias affectionately caressed his hand over her back, "Yes let her find us all disheveled and happy."

He smiled at that contentedly. He loved Kish's wicked streak. "So we need to place our order..."

She had wrapped her arms around him holding him close. Her naked body pressed against his.

"...well we could call the Thai place a little later, I guess." He murmured just content to have her here in his arms catching their breaths from a fantastic bout of amazing sex. He loved basking in the glow of shared passion. "This is nice just right here."
 
Kareena laid down on the chair with perfect trust and calm nodding to Canaan that everything was fine. She knew that Tallos wouldn't dare cross her. She knew he would withhold some of the info that was a given but she knew he would offer them something useful in whatever he did reveal. Laying there she relaxed as the soft scent in the room deepened as Tallos began an almost hypnotic low growl.

He was moving around them the herbs burned to help them sink deeper into sleep than either could reach normally. A depth where their dreams would not touch them.but he would see them as a movie played in his mind. Once they were completely understand he placed clawed hands on both their temples his eyes passed from their fiery green to solid golden as the visions began to play before his eyes.

Fire... Those damned wings... From her back... What the hell is the point of them? Shadow souls... Shit... There is no way those vermin are on the loose. Not for centuries... Shadow souls... That means... Damn it.. not her... Not that monster.... Wait... What the hell... Connection...

Knowing they would not wake he roared before he regained himself and slowly continued to look into their dreams and minds... Moving to Canaan for now.

_______

Kishara had no problem at all with just snuggling and if Percey walked in like this all the better. She let her fingers dance over his chest. With any other lover once she was sated she would leave or dismiss them but with him it was different... They were different. They always had been. She smiled staring I to his eyes.

Yeah lunch can wait. I do love this...

She closed her eyes and leaned up to kiss him softly. She missed the old days roaming the world with him. That also briefly reminded her of something else but just as quickly she banished that thought for more happy thoughts there with him.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

Canaan sat down next to Karena uncertain he trusted this arrogant jerk enough to close his eyes from him let alone fall asleep, but he looked to her and followed how easily she was coping with all this.

Burning sweetly smelling herb Tallos circled around them. Canaan closed his eyes and in moments he began to drift off into sleep.

His dreams were troubled. He tossed and turned in the chair. He dreamed of Karena as always, of racing through hallways or forests to get to her. She called out, fear heavy in her screams. He had to find her. He had to help her. More of the shadowy creatures were there. He had to get to Karena before them.

Together they raced being chased down by the shadowy creatures.

He dreamed of the inky black woman following after them. Who was she? He feared to look back at her? He had to run. They had to get away, far away from her. She would kill them both. She would kill everyone.

They had to run now, as fast as they could. They could not let her catch them.

She was gaining on them. In moments she would-

He awoke to the shifter's look of concern.

"What," He asked, his voice hoarse with strain, "What did you see?"

---------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"...well we could call the Thai place a little later, I guess." He murmured just content to have her here in his arms catching their breaths from a fantastic bout of amazing sex. He loved basking in the glow of shared passion. "This is nice just right here."

"Yeah, lunch can wait," Kishara agreed tracing fingertips lazily over his chest, "I do love this..."

"It is nice," Mathias agreed. It was odd. He usually forgot the name, sometimes even the faces of the women he slept with. Not so with Kishara.

Why didn't that frighten him? Why didn't that make him want to push her to a safe arm's distance?

It was of little consequence. He was a Satyr, the original hedonists, in a few hours a pretty smile or large pair of breasts would attract his attention and it would be all he could think about. That was his nature. kishara knew that about him. She accepted that about him. Maybe that's why he always seemed to come back to her for more.

She was an endless mystery.

"I suppose we should make that call now." He told her returning her kiss before climbing back up to find wherever the hell the phone that was on his desk fell to. "Help me find the phone, Kish."
 
Tallos knowing Karena was still out cold he grabbed Canaan by the throat and snarled.

You.... You... Are the one who is to help her. Don't ever let anything happen to her Incubus. Anything happens to her and that demon woman will be the least of your troubles.

Dropping him back into the chair it was for a moment clear that he was startled and perhaps faintly rattled.

I don't know why or how but that creature... It is yours and Karena's problem... Defeat the problem... Keep her safe... Or else... stay close to her... Not that you two have any choice...

Kareena was waking up as he schooled his features.

Gorgeous... When you acquire a problem you really acquire a problem. All I can tell you is... You two... You two have a big road ahead of you. Be careful and don't lose this one... I get the feeling he is not as big of a lost cause as that bitch sister of his wants people to think but then again she has been wrong about everyone that belongs to the Badlands... He... Canaan is one of us... He is a part of the Badlands family.

His mandate he made sure was heard as he opened a window and everyone in the main warehouse fell silent to listen to him even the massive tiger.

_________________

Kish slipped from the desk and looked around. First finding the line from the wall then following it to the phone just behind his foot. A devious nip at that naked butt cheek she laughed.

Right here love... Time to order that Thai food.

She moved to track down her dress as she told him what to order for her.

Green curry chicken with the sugar snap peas and steamed veggies love.

Glancing back over her shoulder she winked with a wriggle of her hips.
 
Last edited:
IC: Canaan Alexander

"What," He asked, his voice hoarse with strain, "What did you see?"

Tallos' hand shot down to grab him by the collar. "You.... You... Are the one who is to help her."

"What," Canaan he repeated, "What is it? Is Karena in danger?"

"Don't ever let anything happen to her Incubus," Tallos snarled, "Anything happens to her and that demon woman will be the least of your troubles."

"Demon woman," He asked the term giving him chills, "What did you see?"

He let go and Canaan dropped back into the chair with a huff. "I don't know why or how but that creature..."

Canaan looked up to him seeing the serious dread in the shifter's eyes.

"It is yours and Karena's problem..." He continued, "Defeat the problem... Keep her safe... Or else... stay close to her... Not that you two have any choice..."

"What do you mean our problem," He asked, "Are you saying the woman in the dreams is real?"

Karena began to stir and Tallos turned towards her with an unconcerned smile plastered on his face. "Gorgeous... When you acquire a problem you really acquire a problem."

Canaan got up and sidled over to Karena's other side taking her hand to help her up onto her feet. "What can you tell us."

"All I can tell you is..." He announced opening a window to the warehouse floor below so his packmates could hear his words as well, "You two... You two have a big road ahead of you. Be careful and don't lose this one... I get the feeling he is not as big of a lost cause as that bitch sister of his wants people to think but then again she has been wrong about everyone that belongs to the Badlands... He... Canaan is one of us... He is a part of the Badlands family."

"Me," Canaan blinked before turning to look at Karena then back to Tallos, "I've never belonged really...never fit in...anywhere...to anything..." He looked to Karena again, "

----------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos


"I suppose we should make that call now." He told her returning her kiss before climbing back up to find wherever the hell the phone that was on his desk fell to. "Help me find the phone, Kish."

He felt her teeth nip at his buttock. He jumped as she pointed to the phone on the floor behind him, "Right here love... Time to order that Thai food."

"You little tease," He laughed rubbing his butt cheek. He bent down to pick up the phone. "What do you want anyway, dear?"

"Green curry chicken with the sugar snap peas and steamed veggies love." She announced with a sexy little wiggle of her hips to tease him some more.

She was crusing for a round two already. Insatiable little minx...That's what he liked about fucking with Kishara.

He picked up the phone and placed their lunch order. Twenty to thirty minutes later it arrived and he opened the door to retrieve the food. And just as they guessed Persey was sitting there, but he froze where he stood reaching for the delivery boxes. She sat there in sexy little reading glasses holding a book. She licked her finger before turning the page paying them no mind. Mathias felt cold dread seize him.

Persey was reading their daughter's book.

How had she found out? Persey wasn't a leisure reader so there was no chance it was a coincidence. It didn't matter how she found out. What mattered was that she knew about their daughter and would threaten her to make him cave on anything she wanted him to.

Damn it! She had him in check in their constant chess game again.
 
Karena was surprised clearly by the declaration but was smiling when she looked to Canaan hearing what Tallos said. Then she turned to him. She knew him well enough to know he was not about two tell them everything but she had one question and she needed to know the answer.

The beings we have seen... Are they all real... That is all I want to know.

Tallos looked at his hands then to Canaan before looking her square in the eye.

Yes... How you are dreaming about them... Now in these times I can't begin to fathom but yes as the histories go they were all very real... Once.

Kishara spotted the pause as she finished getting her dress remotely back onto her body. She also knew him well enough to know there was a problem but knew better than to give Percy the satisfaction to call attention to it.

Food here lover?

She did purr close to his ear to casually peek out of his office. If she saw the book with the picture on the back she didn't say anything. Just pulled him back into the office.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

"Me," Canaan blinked before turning to look at Karena then back to Tallos, "I've never belonged really...never fit in...anywhere...to anything..." He looked to Karena again.

Karena looked back to him in turn before looking to Tallos again asking, "The beings we have seen... Are they all real... That is all I want to know."

Canaan nodded shivering at the memory of the woman covered in ink.

Before asking Tallos looked him in the eye, and Canaan got the unspoken message. He nodded before Tallos turned back to her saying, "Yes... How you are dreaming about them... Now in these times I can't begin to fathom."

"I sense a 'but' coming on," Canaan said squeezing Karena's hand reassuringly.

Tallos continued, "But yes as the histories go they were all very real... Once."

Canaan repeated, "Once? You mean these creatures were real and either side of the Fey do not know about them at all?"

--------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

Persey was reading their daughter's book.

How had she found out? Persey wasn't a leisure reader so there was no chance it was a coincidence. It didn't matter how she found out. What mattered was that she knew about their daughter and would threaten her to make him cave on anything she wanted him to.

Damn it! She had him in check in their constant chess game again.

The delivery boy handed him the food and Mathias robotically paid him. His eyes never left Persey as she licked a thumb and turned a page apparently engrossed in their daughter's novel.

"Food here lover," Kish said curling up against his back.

He gasped out loud. If she found out Persey knew about their daughter and could threaten her....she'd kill her!

He should've felt a sense of satisfaction to that fact after all most of his days were consumed on how to defeat her in their eternal contest, but now...the thought of Persey being killed...it didn't give him any sense of satisfaction at all.

She pulled him back in and Mathias sighed with relief. Maybe she hadn't seen her. He closed the door while handing her the takeout boxes of their lunch. "I think it's working."
 
There are moments within history of our kinds... All of us light and dark and neutral that goes better left unsaid. Those creatures were one of those moments. The royal council... The queen... And those like my father her warriors fought centuries ago to seal them away... Wipe them out forever. I believe it was your great grandmother Canaan who was a part of that great war.

He shook his head muscles tensing and relaxing as he tried to contain the more animalistic rage.

To further take their powerbase all record of their existence was sealed and none spoke of them ever again. Why... How you two are having dreams about them is beyond me but I will consult with the others and see if any of the sacred elders know anything.

Tallos shook his head.

-----
Kishara stared at him.

What is it lover? Don't lie to me...

She knew him better than anyone and he was not himself in that moment and she was worried about him. Setting the food aside as she drew his eyes to meet her own.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

Canaan repeated, "Once? You mean these creatures were real and either side of the Fey do not know about them at all?"

"There are moments within history of our kinds... All of us light and dark and neutral that goes better left unsaid," Tallos told him, "Those creatures were one of those moments. The royal council... The queen... And those like my father her warriors fought centuries ago to seal them away... Wipe them out forever."

"But how have I not heard any of this before," Canaan asked dumbfounded. As far as he'd been taught the division...this cold war between light and dark Fey had always been the way it is.

Tallos shrugged, "I believe it was your great grandmother Canaan who was a part of that great war."

Canaan's mouth opened but he could not find any words to say. They escaped him.

His great grandmother? He had never known of her. He had always wondered but his mother never spoke of her or of his grandmother for that matter either. She had never truly spoken of their lineage at all.

"To further take their powerbase all record of their existence was sealed and none spoke of them ever again," He shook his angrily at the words he was speaking, "Why... How you two are having dreams about them is beyond me but I will consult with the others and see if any of the sacred elders know anything."

Canaan shook his head before looking over to Karena. "Are you doing all right with all this?"

--------------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

She pulled him back in and Mathias sighed with relief. Maybe she hadn't seen her. He closed the door while handing her the takeout boxes of their lunch. "I think it's working."

"What is it lover," She asked looking straight into his eyes.

He looked away to the containers of food in his hand muttering, "Nothing."

Kish would have none of that. "Don't lie to me..."

He shook his head avoiding her eyes. Kishara knew him too well if she could look into his eyes there'd be no way he could lie to her without her knowing what he was doing.

"It's nothing," He deflected, "Let's eat before our lunch gets cold."

Damn Persey. Now she was driving a wedge between him and his best friend with benefits in Kishara.
 
Karena sat there lost in thought trying to make sense of it all. Nothing was making sense. Nightmares we're not a part of her world. Looking to Canaan and Tallos trying to make sense of it all.

I... I don't understand but... I... I just... I need to get out of here... I... I need to think... Or not think.

Tallos moved over to her to hug her. A simply protective gesture nuzzling against her cheek with the soft growl to try to sooth his friend. He looked to Canaan

I will see what I can find out you two take off and just relax. I will contact you when I learn something.

Releasing the hug he guided her back to Canaan's side.

Take it easy beautiful.
-------

Matthias... I... Saw what she was reading...you don't have to hide your concerns about her from me. Instinct says to let Ssenda kill her but our daughter is very capable and we have time to warn her about Percy. Plus technically doesn't this arrangement make Percy her step mother... Would she harm her only even remote heir?

She pulled him close as she kissed the back of his neck as she held him close

Ssenda's people have trained her well Matthias.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

Canaan shook his head before looking over to Karena. "Are you doing all right with all this?"

"I... I don't understand but... I... I just... I need to get out of here..." She said after a moment considering everything Tallos had told them, "...I... I need to think... Or not think."

Canaan nodded, "It is a lot to take in."

He watched Tallos go over and hug her consolingly. "I will see what I can find out."

Canaan walked over to them asking, "But what do we do in the meantime?"

"You two take off and just relax," Tallos replied, "I will contact you when I learn something."

Relax? Had he ever relaxed in his life? He knew among his sister and other members of the dark Fey he had a reputation for laziness, but in his life he'd never found a cause worth working for. Until today. Karena deserved her freedom, her life, and her happiness. Relax? Who had time to relax? Not Canaan. There was just too much that was needed to be done for this one cause to ever truly relax.

But what choice did he have? They had exhausted all their leads and sources to learn what was happening. What was left for them to do now?

Releasing the hug he guided her back to Canaan's side. "Take it easy beautiful."

Canaan held out his hand for her, "Come on, I'll take you back to your house, and we can figure out what to do next then."

-----------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos


"It's nothing," He deflected, "Let's eat before our lunch gets cold."

Damn Persey. Now she was driving a wedge between him and his best friend with benefits in Kishara.

"Matthias... I... Saw what she was reading..." Kishara told him, "you don't have to hide your concerns about her from me."

He sighed. No use trying to hide it to protect either Kish or Persey from starting a war now. "What are you going to do?"

"Instinct says to let Ssenda kill her but our daughter is very capable and we have time to warn her about Percy," She answered, "Plus technically doesn't this arrangement make Percy her step mother... Would she harm her only even remote heir?"

He nodded, "She might if she thought it would get her way with me." That wasn't necessarily true. His and Persey's constant competition elevated to more and more explosive degrees, but to actually destroy someone innocent just to get points over him...He could not really really really see her as despicable and heartless as she could be actually doing that.

She pulled him close as she kissed the back of his neck as she held him close, "Ssenda's people have trained her well Matthias."

"I know," He said leaning into her kiss, "That woman...just...she gets under my skin...Kish, you know that."
 
Yeah let's go back to my place. Maybe later head to Audra's for a drink.

She smiled taking Canaan's hand. Curling closer to him. She was not sure how she felt about all of this and she didn't like how it made her feel. At least she felt safe with him and she never really felt safe with anyone but Audra outside of the Badlands.

I am sure I have something to drink or something there.

--------------

I know she does love she gets under everyone's skin. You are not alone in this. I will have Sssenda contact her people to watch our little girl. They have always done a better job of it than we ever could.

She just held him close. In this moment they were closer to each other because of Percy. She may think she had the upper hand but this would merely bond she and Matthius even closer together.

We have always survived everything she threw at us and we always will lover.
 
IC: Canaan Alexander

Canaan held out his hand for her, "Come on, I'll take you back to your house, and we can figure out what to do next then."

"Yeah let's go back to my place," She concurred taking his hand, "Maybe later head to Audra's for a drink?"

"Sure," He smiled to her opening the door for them. As he did he looked back behind her to look Tallos in the eye. He nodded confirming to the shifter that he'd heed the advice he'd given him.

Unaware Karena continued, "I am sure I have something to drink or something there."

"I think I remember a few beers in your fridge between the sex and pizza." He laughed, "You be sure to bring that guitar I saw at your place with us to Audra's and I'll play a couple more songs on stage over there."

Once they got back out side he reached his Harley and looked back to her, "Do you want to sit in front and drive us home?"

----------------------X

IC: Mathias Palokoupolos

"I know," He said leaning into her kiss, "That woman...just...she gets under my skin...Kish, you know that."

"I know she does, love," Kishara told him wrapping him up in her arms and holding him tight to her lithe sexy body, "She gets under everyone's skin. You are not alone in this. I will have Sssenda contact her people to watch our little girl. They have always done a better job of it than we ever could."

He nodded at that. That was true enough. He did feel a little guilty that he left the fate of his daughter to others. "I wish we could do more for her."

She looked up to him and replied, "We have always survived everything she threw at us and we always will lover."

"Yeah, we have," He agreed softly before nodding to their food, "Shall we get started on our lunches before they get too cold?"
 
Tallos nodded to him and watched them go before walking back into his den and closing the door to place a call.

We as a whole people may have a serious problem... Yeah I am serious... One that isn't going to give a shit about and dark fey bullshit... Yeah... I saw your touch to the minds... It's gonna take more than me to get everyone on the same page. Yeah I know... Any suggestions? Oh hell no I am NOT involving that bitch! Yeah yeah... You too take care my friend.

Karena shook her head no.

I enjoy curling up against you as we ride. Yeah we can take the guitar... Which one?

She smirked and kissed his cheek softly her mind still bulldozing through what little they bad learned.

--------
Kishara smiled.

Well since Percy knows about our daughter now... And she is grown... Do we really have to keep her away from us? Perhaps we should reach out and try to bring her home.

Even Kishara knew that would be a long shot with him and a hard if not impossible sell for their daughter. She had all their best and worst traits 100 % stronger than they did with stubbornness deviousness and sex drive at the top of that list. And perhaps smarter than both of them combined. Kishara knew Percy would never get the better of their little girl. Nor would Percy ever not hate Kishara for being the one to give him a child.
 
Back
Top