To Be or Not To Be - Your Choice

Blowing (In my experience, very few women are partial to spiders :))

Summer breeze? Or autumn gales?

("Pattes d'arraigne" refers to caressing your partners so lightly with your fingertips that you only touch the hairs on the skin; it's supposed to feel like a spider walking over you.)

Oboe (cor anglais sounds a little too harsh for my liking).

Woodwind or Percussion?

I'd rather fancy a tympanum beaten with a pair of cor Anglais...:D

Celeste or glockenspiel?

("Pattes d'arraigne" refers to caressing your partners so lightly with your fingertips that you only touch the hairs on the skin; it's supposed to feel like a spider walking over you.)

I'd rather fancy a tympanum beaten with a pair of cor Anglais...:D

Celeste or glockenspiel?

Glockenspiel because I'm not familiar with a Celeste :)

Triangle or square?

Again, it's not my field so I'll go with Spheric.

Of a perfect circle: one side or infinite sides?

I don't take sides. Professional detachment, you know. But "ininite sides" doesn't really work, since a side (rather than a point) must have length.

Archimedes' spiral or Fibonacci sequence?

I don't take sides. Professional detachment, you know. But "ininite sides" doesn't really work, since a side (rather than a point) must have length.

Archimedes' spiral or Fibonacci sequence?

Fibonacci sequence def. (crops up in nature too much - so are we designed?)

Tio - I'll PM you about that side thingy, OK?

Alpha Centauri or the Centre of the Earth?

Fibonacci sequence def. (crops up in nature too much - so are we designed?)

Tio - I'll PM you about that side thingy, OK?

Alpha Centauri or the Centre of the Earth?

Designed? No - the Fibonacci series in nature shows up simply because of the nature of growth - after all, Fibonnaci only set up a table based on addition of natural numbers. Archimedes spiral, by the way, does calculate as a Fibonnaci series, but analogically rather than binarily.

Alpha Centauri, or at least reasonably close. - the centre of the Earth is much too dense, even for my mind.

If you had to choose, Aengus:
Silver Apples of the Moon or Golden Apples of the Sun

Designed? No - the Fibonacci series in nature shows up simply because of the nature of growth - after all, Fibonnaci only set up a table based on addition of natural numbers. Archimedes spiral, by the way, does calculate as a Fibonnaci series, but analogically rather than binarily.

Alpha Centauri, or at least reasonably close. - the centre of the Earth is much too dense, even for my mind.

OK - but is the nature of that growth following designed parameters?

Tio, I think I've unleashed the dog in you...

OK - but is the nature of that growth following designed parameters?

Tio, I think I've unleashed the dog in you...

no - that's just it - no design is necessary. Eg - if something grows around itself (think molluskan shell), it an't help but follow a geometric progession. If something doubles in length and width, it quadruples in size, n'est pas? Do it around yourself, and you get an Archimedes spiral/Fibonacci sequence without anyone giving it a bit of thought. Pascal's Triangle just demonstrates something about the nature of numbers, not about design.

Unleashed? I'm always a sucker for an academic argument...:D

Now, answer the question...

Golden Apples purely on a materialistic plain.

Kursk Salient or Ardennes Bulge?

Back