What's for dinner?

Tonight it's going to be a simple Chicken Stir-fry - I need to use up some veggies before they turn. I wish I had some cauliflower to use instead of rice. I made a fried "rice" with it a few weeks ago and it turned out amazing. Of course, I make my own "gluton free" fake soy sauce. :rolleyes:


Last night was a roast with mashed potatoes and carrots with a Yorkshire Pudding.
 
Holiday meal tonight - I just put loaded baked potato casserole in the crock pot (sliced potatoes, cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon and garlic butter.) Steak, mainated chicken and veg for the grill. I'm planning an upside down blueberry cake but haven't made it yet.
 
Holiday meal tonight - I just put loaded baked potato casserole in the crock pot (sliced potatoes, cheddar cheese, crumbled cooked bacon and garlic butter.) Steak, mainated chicken and veg for the grill. I'm planning an upside down blueberry cake but haven't made it yet.

I want what she's having.
 
Eggplant and tomato soup. I've not tried this recipe before, but I need to relieve an eggplant surplus.
 
Mixed left over roast with green enchilada sauce, diced chilies, and jalapeno cheese to make enchiladas... side tonight was homemade refried beans.

I wish I had a churro for dessert!
 
Chinese buffet, munchkin's choice, to celebrate the beginning of school. They had some of my faves - curried chicken, coconut shrimp, crab with leeks and cheese, crab rangoon, teriyaki chicken, and broccoli in brown sauce. Holy sodium! But delicious. :)
 
Eggplant and tomato soup. I've not tried this recipe before, but I need to relieve an eggplant surplus.

Following up on my own post. The soup was good--too acidic for my tastes and a little low on eggplant. I garnished it with feta cheese and chopped fresh parsley (another surplus item) and ate it with a fresh multigrain bread.

Mostly good at that point. I got myself a second bowl and cut a few more slices of bread. Fiesta Ware sells some very sharp knives. I sliced a deep cut into the side of my left index finger with the bread knife. I knew right away that it was going to be a mess and trotted off to the bathroom. There's like blood all over the place.

After time and compression, the bleeding is over. Now I have to clean up the mess. Somehow my appetite has fizzled and I have to convince my wife, when she gets home, that I'm not entirely incompetent.
 
Last edited:
For dinner tonight I had a breaded pork sandwich, and an okayish microbrewed pilsner.
 
Meatballs and pasta with stir-fried vegetables and Moose Track Icecream for dessert
 
A chunk of backstrap with carrots and potatoes cooked all day in the crook pot with a pear cobbler for dessert.
 
Back
Top