The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, very much so.
I will do it and I have been told that I am good at it, but I am not comfy with it..

For me, there's a certain place inside me that I tap into. M, brings it out easily enough. I believe it's were our strength lies. In any case, I find it easier and easier to slip into. Two sides of a coin. I spend plenty of time on each side to suit me. :cattail:

Is an mp3 player a good gift for a older man?

Depends on the man. Some love any and all kinds of electronics. Some are technophobes. I don't know exactly how old you mean, but for instance, I myself love most forms of technology, but I hate MP3 players as a general rule. Without my Sony Hi-MiniDisc Player, I'd be pretty much lost. But mine's an older model, and I don't have the cash to get a newer one (which can run as much as a thousand dollars for a newer portable brand new). Makes me think I may have to invest in a Sony MP3 Walkman, even though I hate them.

Lt Garage sale finally over till next weekend. *drops from the overwhelming pain and exhaustion. Gonna have to spend all my money on a masseuse *nods.

Depends on the man. Some love any and all kinds of electronics. Some are technophobes. I don't know exactly how old you mean, but for instance, I myself love most forms of technology, but I hate MP3 players as a general rule. Without my Sony Hi-MiniDisc Player, I'd be pretty much lost. But mine's an older model, and I don't have the cash to get a newer one (which can run as much as a thousand dollars for a newer portable brand new). Makes me think I may have to invest in a Sony MP3 Walkman, even though I hate them.
Its for my grandfather, and he loves tech toys. I'm thinking I'll get a simple one with big buttons. Maybe preload it with podcasts about things he likes.

Its for my grandfather, and he loves tech toys. I'm thinking I'll get a simple one with big buttons. Maybe preload it with podcasts about things he likes.

Get one with a big full color screen if you can then. At least 4 inches.

Good point.... I hadnt thought about that.

Another option is to get a PSP and at least a 4 gig Memory Stick. They can play quite a few audio and video formats, including MP3, WMA, and the Minidisc player's ATRAC3 series for audio. They also do well with the new encoder formats like LAME. And they have 7.1 virtual surround through the headphone jack. Considering the cost of a decent MP3 player lately, a multimedia machine like the PSP is actually a better deal. Bigger screen, better audio capability, easier to navigate....

Another option is to get a PSP and at least a 4 gig Memory Stick. They can play quite a few audio and video formats, including MP3, WMA, and the Minidisc player's ATRAC3 series for audio. They also do well with the new encoder formats like LAME. And they have 7.1 virtual surround through the headphone jack. Considering the cost of a decent MP3 player lately, a multimedia machine like the PSP is actually a better deal. Bigger screen, better audio capability, easier to navigate....
I'm an unemployed college student. I dont have that kind of money.

I'm an unemployed college student. I dont have that kind of money.

I got one on clearance through K Mart for a hundred dollars. Then I got one in the color I wanted through Fingerhut with a better game and a few other things. Fingerhut lets you make monthly payments. Mine's costing me 20 a month. Total cost of about 280 with expedited shipping.

be careful, I'm in football mode!!!!

extra super hyper!!

Oh? Does that mean you're going to tackle me, rip my pants off, and try to molest me in your eagerness? That actually sounds like fun, but I should warn you right now, I'm not the one night stand or weekend fling type :p

Oh? Does that mean you're going to tackle me, rip my pants off, and try to molest me in your eagerness? That actually sounds like fun, but I should warn you right now, I'm not the one night stand or weekend fling type :p

chokes on her drink

OH my...you're so silly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back