International Affair (closed)

"Just take it easy," I responded to him. There will be a time and a place to go over the finer details later. Taking a seat flanking Jasleen we relaxed as the liner was refueled and finally took off with a few other people, but they did not talk to them.

It was best we didn't interact with anyone during the flight and try not to make eye contact, best it was just to sleep so no one would disturb you, but we were directed to Miami for refueling and then it was off to Rio. Eventually Jasleen packed up her file less any wandering eyes see it, but looking over at Bob this entire time, he was gripping the ends of his arm rest.

"Why you scared?"

"I hate tight places" was the response.

"You picked the wrong line of work," ribbing him.

"How long is it to Rio?" bob enquired as the airliner lumbered into the air once again.

"Maybe ten hours or so," I replied leaning back and closing my eyes softly. Bob's face contorted into that of surprise and horror because he didn't like being onboard for a long period of time, as there was usually a whining baby onboard, somewhere, that would interupt everything.
 
She knew she had technically saddled herself with the two claustrophobic members of Alpha team but it had to be done that way. She nodded to them They were both holding up well enough and closed her eyes to rest. 10 hours seemed to pass in the blink of an eye as they arrived and were greeted at the Airport by Ramon Salizar and his guard. She nodded to the guard recognizing him from other times of working with the family.

Ramon smiled and hugged her and seemed to be a very jovial middle aged man.

My friend you bring your own people... you are concerned about her trip I gather?

Not at all Your daughter will be perfectly behaved as she always is for me and let me guess since she is not here with you to quickly start her trip your wife has demanded we all have dinner together and her start her trip tomorrow just in case I have forgotten any of her rules about her daughter.

Ramon laughed and nodded motioning for them all to follow him.

Nina can be a little determined in her ways but she means well and keeps us all healthy and well.

She laughed nodding and introduced her "team" as Mr. Jacobs and Mr Thomas as they made their way to the limo.

I can not wait to see what she has had prepared or prepared herself for us.
 
So this was Rio? Where were all of the parites and flirting, scantily clad women? That's what Bob was wondering when we stepped off the plane and then we were greeted by Ramon. Jasleen did all of the talking and I did my typical standing like a imposing statue with sunglasses. Even in street clothes everything about me screamed that I was government. No matter what Bob or I did we were seeming to stand out like a sore thumb as Jasleen did the introductions. A few hand shakes all around and Ramon led us to an awaiting car service that would take us to the place.

It was warm with a bright suspended sun, a few clouds and birds in the sky, a very nice place as we rolled down the street. Traffic was not too bad as Ramon looked at me and Bob before asking, "Mack? Is that correct?" he asked.

"Yes" nodding.

"Jasleen has said somethings things of you," he smiled.

"I hope not" I jived.

"No-no, senor. Nothing graphic, but she says you're a very reliable person."

Out of the corner of my eye Jasleen was not smiling or even cracking a smirk, but I knew she was, deep down.
 
Once they arrived at the mansion the young woman came running out and leaped at Jasleen with clearly her mother in tow ranting about her behavior and that she was no longer a child and should not be so easily excited over the arrival of someone who was her guardian for her trip. Ranting about she was not some little child anymore that Jasleen could simply take to a zoo or some amusement park she was a young woman now and should act like it.

Jasleen however caught the young woman hugging her as if she still were a child and then shooting a fairly stern glance to her mother that Bob was sure could have stopped a charging herd of buffalo much less one proper society rule queen. Truth be known in that split second Jasleen's eyes almost scared him. She told the young woman she would talk to her in a moment and Jasleen walked over and spoke directly with the mother introducing them both to Mack and Bob using their cover names with them as well as she shot Ramon a glare at him not listening to the cover names in front of his people to which he quickly nodded complete understanding.

Well... Before this little fiasco leaves home tomorrow how about some Dinner?

Nina smiled to them and gestured towards the house as they all began to walk in Jasleen again being cornered and trapped in an arm lock as Natalia told her all about all the sites she wanted to see and all the places she wanted to visit on her trip and was clearly overjoyed to either be getting out of this house or just glad to be running around once more with Jasleen.
 
Bob was looking at the young woman with surprise, but kept his composure as they went towards the masion. it was sprawling and very well made and cared for. Taking my satchel and walking after all of them once we were inside the place I took off my sunglasses and looked around, twisting my head to see everything. It had lofted ceilings, a suspended chandilier and tile floor of marble. Nothing seemed to have been spared in this respect.

"Welcome, welcome" Ramon replied as he beckoned us further. Jasleen and her friend were still arm in arm together, as two sisters would as they walked. The mother continued to hold a stern reservation upon her face every time she looked upon the Tibetan woman that was holding her daughter, but I didn't bother to ask about it as Bob kept looking. This place was larger than an aircraft hanger, so it seemed from the inside.

"You have a beautiful place," Bob complimented them.

"Thank you, senor" Ramon replied with a nod.

The mother enquired, "HJow was your trip to Rio?"

"Not bad, I slept the whole time," I replied folding up my glasses and suspending them from the collar of my shirt. In truth could only sleep as it woas the only way to get over the tight nature of my confines or go stark raving mad and wanting to jump at 45,000 feet.
 
Jasleen smiled finally extricating herself from Natalia's intent hold on her arm.

Dinner sounds wonderful as always Nina. As for calling this trip a fiasco that is a little harsh... You know I have never acted in any way that was not for the safety of my god daughter... just because you do not trust outsiders does not mean that you should not trust me if I bring people who I told you and Ramon I trust with my life.

Nina snorted a little and replied...

Remember I have seen the damage you will inflict upon yourself and the danger you will let yourself enter into so near death upon the upstairs guest bedroom not more than 3 years ago...

She may have sounded harsh but in a way she knew what Jasleen meant to all of her family and especially her daughter so she was not tolerant of any risk Jasleen took at all. Ramon visibly tensed when his wife mentioned that little situation and Jasleen lost her smile and composure her eyes landing on Nina as she growled.

You want to discuss that Nina... My near death trying to save the lets be nice... IDIOT you call a brother... Tell me where is Alejandro... Still alive last I heard thanks to me... AGAIN!

Natalia piped up looking to Bob and Mack... You see why I like getting out and taking time with my godmother AWAY from my mother... this is polite calm conversation for them and she is right my Uncle is an idiot. Terrified of heights and to try to make himself get over that without help s taking flying lessons to become a commercial pilot to take people on twin engine tours of the city and the jungles....
 
Natalia was much different when her mother is not around, the same could be said to many girls when their mother isn't around. I was the same when father wasn't around. All of that yelling, red faces, and name calling could give the impression of hate and there was also much adamosity between the two that I hoped wouldn't fall into our lap when, or if, anything hit the fan.

"So, you're her Godmother?" I replied to Jasleen giving the younger Natalia a look of surprise. Jasleen never seemed to fail to amaze me as she seems well traveled and made many connections, but I bet alot of enemies.

Alejandro's name was brought up that piqued my interest and there was also needing to know our surroundings. Natalia was willing to give Bob and myself a tour of the place. The sprawling house was cool inside despite the warm exterior with material of the finest kind, marble floors and carpets that looked like Oriental made.

"Lovely place" Bob replied as his head kept craning all around looking at every inch. As we were moving down the hall Nina led the way with Jasleen close behind. Bob and I were bringing up the rear and were cautious, looking for threats. We couldn't shake that need to search for threats that weren't there.
 
Ramon and I have known each other for a long time... back when he and Nina were just dating.

Jasleen saw the surprised expression and could not help but chuckle a little. Nina was more than willing to show around the guests as she rattled on to Bob about not letting Jasleen permit her daughter to go too crazy or let anyone interact with her that was... less than acceptable status. Jasleen stifled a snarl but kept walking around with Natalia doing her best to ignore Nina.
 
Keeping her pent up? Well, that was just the excuse they needed to rebel. Give her a chance, any chance, and she'll find some way of going behind mummy's back and get at her, go date the bad guy, or go smoke. It was common. Jasleen she had that flare on her face showing disdain but was keeping everything bottled in. I wouldn't be able to do that. If it were me I would have gone ape shit and start smacking people around. But, I had to keep myself focused as the tour continued.

Nina and Jasleen were almost like sisters as they walked together and talked together, always cheerful. BEing in our unit we were proud to serve with oen another, we were brothers in arms and would fight for each other, but there's was a bit different. Theirs was more blood than service.

Going up a stairway towards the second floor Nina showed us to our rooms. We would each have our own and each one was lavish in attire with king size beds, oritental rugs and furniture of the finest wood. Just one room alone would have cost more to make and keep clean than the cost of my truck that my jaw nearly became unhinged.
 
Jasleen managed to get free of Natalia as Nina showed her the room she could stay in. Noddig to Mack and Bob she said that she would be downstairs in a bit wanting to relax. Vaninshing within the confines of the room she quickly stripped down and found the lavish bathroom and showered and changed into more relaxed clothes for a while. Going through her gear she made sure that everything was ready and then headed back downstairs and out onto one of the balconies hearing people gathering there.
 
Bob and I were going to be having our own room. Good for us as I knew he snored and I liked my privacy. Still, the place was lavish and I spent a great deal of time admiring everything around it from teh hand made mirror to the furniture and hte bed that I threw myself over and flopped around as a child would when given a new bed. Very soft that i didn't want to get up after awhile, but duty calls and I took out a fresh change of clothes including some blue jeans and cleaned myself off in the shower and washed my hard body to give myself a good presence as well as shaving to remove any growing facial hair. The sun was going to do a number on my skin, but I didn't care as I stepped out of the fog shrouded bathroom that reminded me of what Jasleen and i were doing just prior to our deployment and a smile was slapped across my face with the flood of warm memories.

"We won't get a chance to do that here" surmising our situation as I examined my pistol strapped to my innard ankle. This mini glock was going to come in handy and the Gerber knife attached to my belt as well. All that was needed was some duct tape and I would be golden to take on the world.

Bob was having a rougher time of it as he puzzled about how he was going to be able to fit inside this community. Both he and I would stick out but he was nervous when confronted by women. It was in his nature, thus, as he went to the shower to freshen up he kept looking at the mirror and running his razor over the same place several times to remove any trace of a stubble as well as ensuring that he had enough deorderent. It was just like high school to him.
 
She turned watching Mack and Bob walk in and smiled. Nina nor Natalia were anywhere around as it was more just the soldiers and Ramon sitting back swapping stories and relaxing. Jasleen was more in her element surrounded by fellow soldiers or in the field than she did in the world that Ramon's wife would drag her into kicking and screaming if she could.

Well Join us you two... Cigars... beer... Vodka... whatever you want to drink... time to relax.
 
A good cigar and a beer would be a nice change of pace. Though still on mission ,this would be enough to make us relax. Taking a seat beside Jasleen I took one of the cigars and slowly dragged it underneth the nostrils to get a savor of the flavor. It wasn't Cuban as that was not exactly the best, merely the taboo nature was what made it so delectible. This was a locally made cigar, and biting off the end and lighting a wood match and taking a puff there was a sweet flavor to it as the tabacco was allowed to be dried in a smoke house and the people took a great deal of pride in their work.

Feeling the smoke fill the lungs as I laid back into the seat I turned to Jasleen with a big smile on my face as the warm sun flowed in. This was definately heaven to say the least as Bob had asked for a glass of whiskey.

The exchange of stories was great, but when it came to me I was toning down my roles as I did not want to go over some events and I didn't want Nina or Natalia to over hear some of the gruesome details of what I had to do, but Bob, after getting some liqour inside of him his tongue began to loosen and he was rambling again and again about different things. Fortunately he didn't betray and secrets as he merely tried to one up Jasleen with a smile and a laugh in a humorous way.
 
She laughed with the one upping that Bob was trying. She knew well how to shut him up some even knowing it would cause some deep discussion with Ramon if not with Mack. Leaning forward she smirked at Bob as she began to speak...

Tibet... surviving on a nomadic diet till picked up by the sex slave trade and remaining in that world for nearly a year... Do I need to go into more detail Mr. Jacobs My friend but I doubt you will like it being so far away from your latest Girlfriend.

She smirked sitting back taking a deep drink of her bourbon and waited to see if he would call her bluff. He was fairly new so he might call her bluff.

Ramon however heard Tibet and a brow raised and his jovial demeanor quickly faded as he looked to her then almost through her before looking to make sure his wife and daughter had not heard her.
 
Tibet, the mere mentioning of the country, was a mood killer as I looked over at Bob as he sat limp in his seat, still holding lightly to his glass and slightly twisting it with his fingers, unable to come up with anything that would bring back any light to this situation.

"How long do you figure that we will be needed here?" I asked Jasleen after taking a light puff of the cigar and feeling the smoke roll down my throat before letting it out.

Best thing to do is to simply drop the subject matter and move on to something else. Bob meant well, he just didn't do well in these sorts of situations where he was with the company of a woman, hence the reason why he was still single. Nina and Natalia were going to be with us for a while so he better find a way to get over it or adapt.

This country, was rather beautiful. Though looking around I didn't see any vents for an AC unit, instead they used what came with nature as the room was warm but we weren't sweating.
 
OOC Bob was married Charles was the single guy... no worries.

Jasleen looked around unable to fathom how her taking on a deadly assignment was any different than anyone of them and what they do.

We are here till tomorrow then the assignment starts as we travel with Natalia.

Her mood was changing too as she stood and started to walk away till Ramon reached for her hand.

Stay... there is no a man here who does not know that you can take care of yourself... just as there is not a man here that has not run a grain of that sucidally stubborn dedication of yours my friend... do not leave because of our concern for keeping such a good friend and noble warrior above ground as long as we can.

Sighing she nodded and sat back down.

Very well my friend... perhaps talks of carnivale would be better let these two know the mess we will be returning to find here in Rio when Natalia has finished her travels.
 
Bob had removed his ring to make himself blend in, but there was an indelible line in his finger that he kept rubbing to get rid of as Jasleen came back to join us. "What else can we do?" he asked to Ramon as Jasleen sat back down next to me. With a country this big and our mission to keep the 18 year old out of harms way our roles were very limited as I didn't even want to venture outside without packing heat but Ramon was still being rather calm about their situation despite knowing our purpose.

"Has there been any contact or threats being recieved by your house?" Bob asked as he set down his glass after it was empty decided not to ask for another refill as he had reached his limit, however, the cigars kept coming.

Taking another puff and looking at Jasleen after letting it out, "Tell me some more about those two," meaning Nina and Natalia. Even though we went over this stuff in the briefing before departing out of country I wanted to see what Ramon would tack on that Jasleen missed. Even though it was obvious that Natalia and Nina were close with the Tibetan there had to be things that Ramon knew from being with them constantly that might be able to stir some things, perhaps not too fond memories, but but her father and her husband was a gunrunner and making plenty of enemies we needed to fill in any gaps intel lacked.
 
Ramon shook his head no.

No there is nothing really to do until morning when Natalia leaves for her little get away. No threats or anything like that against Natalia nor her trip. She simply wished to get away for a while. There are few times that My dealings are not at risk but Natalia knows well how to keep her travel plans under wraps nearly even from Nina and I until the last moments when a security detail needs to be arranged or she just informs us that she wants to travel around with her Godmother.

Jasleen looks to Bob and shrugs.

Nina will probably try to corner you about making sure I keep Natalia to her Social equals and stuff like this and not let her see anyone beneath her. We only have Natalia on the trip and she listens to me quite well so there is little worry for you other than driving.

She sat back accepting one more bourbon straight and sat back drinking it slowly.
 
Keeping this to myself, but the 'social equals' bit had my chuckling. Raising two girls I knew that if you can tell them to stay abway from the 'bad guys' ones that were no good, but in the end that would drive them towards them. You can erect a wall around her and keep her on a leash, that won't stop her, and in this new land I didn't know what a 'equal' was around here. Rio had its own different set of rules, that's waht had me concerned. Ramon was confident that there were no risks and no leaks but we never took chances. We would go armed everywhere and ensure that the girl did what she was suppose to and stayed away from the darkness.

As Jasleen sipped on her straight burbon my eyes flicked towards her and then towards Bob whom was reaching the end of his cigar. Ramon reached for his silver case and offered him another but bob refused saying he was quite content with just one.

That left the rest of the day at the villa and I wanted to see what else Ramon had at this place. Before my wife would watch shows dedicated to showing how the riched lived and wanted to be like that, well, now was my chance to see if that was all real.

"May we have a full tour of your place, Mister Ramon?" I asked with a smile on my hard face.
 
Ramon nodded and motioned for them to follow. Jasleen smiled and shook her head.

I will meet up with you guys on the weapons range.

With that she stood up and headed down the stone steps and into the nearby treeline. The TV shows don't really get to reveal the wealth of a gun runner with a high maintenance wife and extended family of soldiers so he had much more to show them and Nina joined the tour taking great pride in showing them around as well.
 
The weapon's range was firing into a hillside and Ramon was able to show more than just the usual weapons that were available on the market. He had more than just old AK-47s or an Uzi, but Gallils, M203s M-240Golfs and all sorts of goodies short of an actual howitzer as he quipped that, "I can't fit it in my overhead compartment."

Ramon offered us the chance to shoot and we immediately jumped at it. The steel cutouts popped up by Ramon's command behind us and we were able to pick them off with center mass shots showing our prowess. We were having such a great time under the warm sun that we didn't want it to end, but duty calls and Ramon, after seeing us expend up to two hundred rounds of ammunition, had to shut it down and lead us back to their mansion.

He was kind and generous, but there was alot on his mind from all of his travels. All of his enemies and knowing that someone would be looking for him, more than just governments. He knew that governments such as America and Europe they had their rules, however, in other African countries and South-East Asia they were willing to pass death penalties for just drug possessions and they had a price on his head if he was ever caught.
 
Jasleen had fun on the range and when Ramon called an end to it she laughed and moved on back towards the house to relax deciding to play a little mean and was out by the pool in a bikini. Eyes closed relaxing there by the pool she hid the smirk knowing if Mack wandered by the hidden torment of them not being able to touch she knew of ways around here to make that change and had a couple of ideas for the trip to change that at least for a few brief moments but for now it was time for a little teasing fun.
 
Alright, now it was becoming a real tease with the bikini as I as down to my swim shorts that showed the barreled chest and rippling arms. Being in the field will do that to you and Bob whom was a bit more modest in his appearance, wearinga t-shirt over his chest as we were poolside.

The sun was still warm as we jumped in and comingup felt chilled all over as the warm rays evaporated the ater on our skin. Driivng myself under the water and knowing that the others such as Ramon were watching I had to keep fmyself from being close to Jasleen for the sake of the mission. We were lovers, but we couldn't show here what we did back at her place otherwise our integrity with the others would be compromised. It was one of the bullshit reasons why the brass kept saying that women shouldn't serve in front line units, that there would be relationship troubles, but it was already troubling enough being with men for years and knowing that at a moment they could be lost.
 
Jasleen slept lightly as she relaxed there for a bit. The night was anything but quiet till the early morning hours. Everyone in the house though was more than capable of sleeping soundly through the towns random celebration.

Morning arrived all too soon as Natalia made sure she was completely ready to go by 9 am.
 
I had my own room, though it was next to Jasleen I could have snuck over and spend a few hours with her, but with Ramon and Natalia and Nina running around how would I explain to them what I was up toand I wasn't in high school and more when I went out for our senior trips.

Our little fun could wait until we had proper alone time and when I awoke i didn't have a hangover considering how much hard liquor I drank but Natalia was rearing to go at 0900 but I was up as well, taking a long, hot shower and wishing my partner was with me to rekindle what we were doing back at her place as this shower was grand and the water was piping hot and there were so much soap, shampoo and all sorts of things that you add to the water to make it refreshing that they were sitting on the counter with labels in Portugese that I looked at it and couldn't decide and just started dropping them into the water one after the other.
 
Back
Top