What's going to be he NFL punishment for Child Abuse...

It's getting harder to be black in Liberal America...

;)

... then again, the children won't be voting for this year's politicians.

3 hours of non-stop social commentary for each team match-up.

The bed-wetting, hand-wringing, oh so sensitive sports announcers are going to kill that which provides them with income. People don't watch sports to be inundated with social/political commentary, they watch to get away from that shit.

Ishmael

This whole incident, the suspension and the charges filed is absolutely ridiculous. We got spanked with a switch lots of times growing up, and I never thought we were being abused. This sort of stuff needs to stop, it's no wonder kids are growing up not having any respect.

This whole incident, the suspension and the charges filed is absolutely ridiculous. We got spanked with a switch lots of times growing up, and I never thought we were being abused. This sort of stuff needs to stop, it's no wonder kids are growing up not having any respect.
Are you from Singapore?

Beating a 4 year old with a switch hard enough to draw blood isn't discipline, it's abuse. Period.

I think that I will probably live in my lifetime to see all forms of corporeal punishment outlawed. Things are trending that way. It might be going to far to say that "child rights" will be next-but-one after transexual rights and then animals rights, but I don't think it's impossible.

I think that I will probably live in my lifetime to see all forms of corporeal punishment outlawed. Things are trending that way. It might be going to far to say that "child rights" will be next-but-one after transexual rights and then animals rights, but I don't think it's impossible.

All save abortion...

:(

Let's see, we get lectures about domestic violence, gays, guns, drug and alcohol abuse, racism, and now child abuse. Gonna be a busy season for the PC announcers. Will there be time for the play by play?

We're on the cusp of pink-out October...

:eek:

We need to get our focus firmly back on middle-aged Hausfraus with discretionary income and their pet cause.

At the start of this I sympathized somewhat with Peterson. We live in a day and age where now people say you shouldn't even put your kids in a damn corner, but I believe you have to discipline your kids.

Like Peterson I came from an old school "ass whuppin" family, I used to get hit with a belt, but usually it was one real good "lick"

But when I got into the details and they described how many welts and cuts on the boy and how many different places....It was over the top.

I still won't put him in the same D-bag category as Rice, but its nothing to take lightly.

Peterson lost a son in October when his ex's new boyfriend beat his other son to death.

So one would think he would, if anything, cherish this son even more.

Tough all the way around.

As for the NFL? Maybe the Peterson verdict will be handled by the next commissioner because Goodel is not long for that job and I couldn't be happier.

maybe from now on the rules will reflect the actual game and not be made to increase fantasy stats and NFL revenue through those leagues.

To me it seems that the Social Justice Warriors are using these incidents to apply pressure to the NFL because it is one of the few remaining spaces in the US that is still extremely masculine. That's the same reason why the media bent over backward to celebrate that guy gay who didn't make the team because he simply wasn't good enough. Masculinity has been under attack for quite a while in the US, and that attack is destroying the fabric of society. (Wait, it is encouraged that women be masculine.)

To me it seems that the Social Justice Warriors are using these incidents to apply pressure to the NFL because it is one of the few remaining spaces in the US that is still extremely masculine. That's the same reason why the media bent over backward to celebrate that guy gay who didn't make the team because he simply wasn't good enough. Masculinity has been under attack for quite a while in the US, and that attack is destroying the fabric of society. (Wait, it is encouraged that women be masculine.)

They haven't had much luck in construction yet, but people don't watch that on teevee either.

Back