More knife murders than assault weapons

I see. You compare the number of people killed with all bladed weapons to the number killed using a very narrow category of firearms and you think that is significant?

And Liberals assuming that all shootings are related to assault weapons is better how?

Or the practice of jacking up the shcool shooting numbers by including things like the guy who parked next to a school at midnight to commit suicide or the guy who fired three shots in the air with a starter pistol outside a high school basketball game.

The Liberals are are demanding more controls on "assault weapons" That is the reason for the comparison.

But let's really put the ball in your court. Last year there were 20 times more people killed in traffic accidents caused by cell phone distraction. But you have a "right" to use your cell phone when and where you want. Right?

Last year there were 20 times more people killed in traffic accidents

And you need to pass a test to drive a car, get licensed by the state, and are required to have insurance should you injury someone.

Good job getting yourself wrecked.

And Liberals assuming that all shootings are related to assault weapons is better how?

Or the practice of jacking up the shcool shooting numbers by including things like the guy who parked next to a school at midnight to commit suicide or the guy who fired three shots in the air with a starter pistol outside a high school basketball game.

The Liberals are are demanding more controls on "assault weapons" That is the reason for the comparison.

But let's really put the ball in your court. Last year there were 20 times more people killed in traffic accidents caused by cell phone distraction. But you have a "right" to use your cell phone when and where you want. Right?

The point I was making was that the OP was not comparing like with like. If you want to compare what you call assault rifles with bladed weapons then you have to use a similar restriction. How do deaths by assault weapons compare with deaths by machete? Alternatively, you could compare deaths by bladed weapons with deaths by firearms. Either one would give you a meaningful comparison.

BTW your automobile figure are just as meaningless. When you look at the number of casualties per hour of use the automobile comes out much better as most of the guns in circulation are not being used whereas the automobiles are used on a daily basis.

Personally, I don't give a shit. If you guys need weapons to make you feel good that's your problem not mine. My only concern is the misuse of statistics.

And you need to pass a test to drive a car, get licensed by the state, and are required to have insurance should you injury someone.

A license which is recognized without question in all 50 states as valid, although each state sets its own standards for what is required to receive it, right? Same is true of a marriage certificate or license, right? Maybe 'marriage insurance' would come in handy if your husband or wife decides to cheat, huh? The government now REQUIRES you to have insurance, or pay a fine, shouldn't that same government be as concerned with protecting your life as an essential element of your Obamacare requirements, and force you to buy and carry a gun, so as to prevent your murder at the hands of a thug?

A better argument to the car straw man is to point out that automobiles are actually tremendously useful tools in our society, to the point that we're willing to put up with the accidents and deaths and injuries because the benefits far outweigh those costs.

There really is no benefit to society in owning a firearm of any kind, much less an assault weapon.

A better argument to the car straw man is to point out that automobiles are actually tremendously useful tools in our society, to the point that we're willing to put up with the accidents and deaths and injuries because the benefits far outweigh those costs.

There really is no benefit to society in owning a firearm of any kind, much less an assault weapon.

How many school shootings have not resulted in a call for the cops (with guns), you know, those valueless things you want to just go away? What's an 'assault weapon'?

How many school shootings have not resulted in a call for the cops (with guns), you know, those valueless things you want to just go away? What's an 'assault weapon'?

It's this what passes for discourse to you?

History shows guns gave freedom

With a gun the serf was as powerful as a king, a woman as powerful.as a man
The first thing a a despot does is to disarm the population
ie Hitler
If you don't think that this could happen again, then you underestimate the depravity of man,and the legacy of history

One armed serf didn't much bother a king's army. One armed woman is overwhelmed by an armed gang. You really think a gang of insurrectionists armed with ARs and AKs will take down the world's most powerful military machine, determined to squash your existential threat?

Funny, I don't see much disarmament in MidEast tyrannies. And your notion of confiscation in USA is nutz. Rounding up all private firearms here is plain impossible let alone unworkable. Try another sick fantasy.

You are completely correct. I make this argument often. I was just pointing out that it's much more difficult (and expensive) to legally drive a car than it is to own a gun.

I repeat: I would repeal and replace the Second Amendment with one for universal healthcare.

You are completely correct. I make this argument often. I was just pointing out that it's much more difficult (and expensive) to legally drive a car than it is to own a gun.

I repeat: I would repeal and replace the Second Amendment with one for universal healthcare.

I would simply amend Obamacare (seeing as how we're now in an age where government can force us to buy things we feel we neither want nor need), to mandate the purchase and conceal carry of a firearm by all citizens not otherwise ineligible due to mental illness, to protect their health from being murdered. Failure to obey this new 'law of the land' would result in IRS penalties, IRS fines, or jail.

ie Hitler
If you don't think that this could happen again, then you underestimate the depravity of man,and the legacy of history

Hitler never disarmed the German population,the victorious Allies in the Treaty of Versailles (1919)did. In fact private gun ownership rose when Hitler came into power and decided to ignore the Treaty.

Hitler never disarmed the German population,the victorious Allies in the Treaty of Versailles (1919)did. In fact private gun ownership rose when Hitler came into power and decided to ignore the Treaty.

Nazi Repression of Firearms Owners
by Stephen P. Halbrook, PhD., J.D.

The Night of the Broken Glass (Kristallnacht) - the infamous Nazi rampage against Germany's Jews - took place in November 1938. It was preceded by the confiscation of firearms from the Jewish victims. On Nov. 8, The New York Times reported from Berlin, "Berlin Police Head Announces 'Disarming' of Jews," explaining:
"The Berlin Police President, Count Wolf Heinrich von Helldorf, announced that as a result of a police activity in the last few weeks the entire Jewish population of Berlin had been 'disarmed' with the confiscation of 2,569 hand weapons, 1,702 firearms and 20,000 rounds of ammunition. Any Jews still found in possession of weapons without valid licenses are threatened with the severest punishment."2
On the evening of Nov. 9, Adolph Hitler, Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels and other Nazi chiefs planned the attack. Orders went out to Nazi security forces: "All Jewish stores are to be destroyed immediately. Jewish synagogues are to be set on fire . The Führer wishes that the police does not intervene. All Jews are to be disarmed. In the event of resistance they are to be shot immediately."3

So do you have a licence and insurance to operate you cell phone????? Good job reading the whole post. You thought you looked smart but you turned out to be another dumbass.

Humans are unusual

We kill each other for no other reason than our dual nature
The seven deadly sins.
If all guns are banned, we would still kill each other
How to end this? Ask the late Billy Graham

Exactly. Knives are pretty handy too - good luck slicing that tomato with a pistol. Ultimately, you could probably kill someone with an ice cream cone if you were determined enough.

Last edited:
Exactly. Knives are pretty handy too - good luck slicing that tomato with a pistol. Ultimately, you could probably kill someone with an ice cream cone if you were determined enough.

Hence England's dilemma. They banned guns and murder rates stayed the same but murder by stabbing/slashing went up So they banned most knives one would carry and murders stayed the same, stabbing/slashing stayed the same but kitchen knives were used for nearly all of them. So they banned the sale of kitchen knives with sharp points. Haven't heard the results on that one yet but I'm betting anything sharper than a plastic butterknife will be banned soon.

Nazi Repression of Firearms Owners
by Stephen P. Halbrook, PhD., J.D.

Hitler did disarm the JEWISH population,not the population as the poster wrote. "The Jewish population"is specific while "the population" is general.

Liberals only assume shootings with assault weapons are shootings with assault weapons.

Feeling guilty about all the kids getting killed?

No, you don't. Texting while driving is a crime.

Plus, the outrage about school shootings is not just about statistics and numbers--try and figure it out, I know it's hard.

RIght wing nuts don't care about kids getting their brains blown out in classrooms, that's been well established since Sandy Hook.

Back