Regale Us With Your Online Dating Site Adventures!

Come on, OP - get the thread started with one of your online dating site adventures! :cool:
 
This should be entertaining. The stories I hear from some of my friends. Yikes!
 
Gosh it's been a hot minute but even I have stories.
The guy who was a "warlock", the guy who went and picked off someone elses plate at a restaurant, the infamous baby powder incident of 2003.
 
Gosh it's been a hot minute but even I have stories.
The guy who was a "warlock", the guy who went and picked off someone elses plate at a restaurant, the infamous baby powder incident of 2003.

You had me at warlock.
 
This.

My bff received several messages from a fella who was (thanks to a plastic surgeon) gradually turning into an elf.

Pointy ears and all.

As I read this sentence, I never expected an elf. Thanks for the early morning chuckle
 
This.

My bff received several messages from a fella who was (thanks to a plastic surgeon) gradually turning into an elf.

Pointy ears and all.

Good lord. 😯

I had a guy tell me about “putting his dog down with his bare hands in his backyard” within the the first 30 min of meeting him.
 
I would like to preface any online dating story with the fact that I was incredibly naive and reckless and with the one exception - I should have been murdered like 5 times.

So - The Warlock (cue thunder and lightening and creepy organ music) -

Many years ago, I met guy on a dating site. He "seemed" normal, handsome, a bit older than me. I was 19 at the time and I think he was 32. Anyway, we met for lunch and then he invited me back to his apartment to watch a movie. (Yes, I totally thought we were about to watch a movie.) Anyway, we get to his place and it is covered - COVERED - in pentagrams and symbols of the occult. Artwork, posters, books, statuettes... I guess he could tell from my look that I was a little freaked out. He explained that he was a pagan warlock and this was his religion. (Ok fine......) And that he was looking for a girl that he could form a 'coven' with and worship. There was a lot more but I can't remember all the details.

I politely explained to him that I was pretty set in my Christianity and he told me that was even better, a "convert is even more valuable" - I remember that phrase clearly. He was already a quiet person, which kind of puts me on edge, and then he just went silent and stared. I'm not even sure what I said but I peaced out of that place so fast and I never heard from him again. I'm all about respecting other people religions but...
 
Years ago I met a woman on a dating site. Seemed nice. 2-3 years older than me, but well spoken. Not really my physical type from her pics, but cute.

We went out for dinner. We were both the quiet type, so it of course started awkwardly but we kind of found a groove. Felt like things were going ok.

But then details that hadn't come out in our messages started to emerge. Divorced. Ex husband is an ex con. Has a kid (which seemed like a big thing to leave out). Doesn't have a job. By the end of the night, she was trying to get physical, which I wasn't entirely comfy with. But then she tells me she's allergic to latex, so standard condoms are out. Oh and she has herpes. And HPV. And her ex has hepatitis and she hasn't been tested yet.

The word "fleeing" best describes my course of action at that point.
 
The first kiss that went: peck, peck, peck, OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM EAT YOUR FACE!!!

So many bad kisses... I think her tongue went up my nose...
 
Back
Top