Teacher and Not Not Her Students Group Sex

xiaobeilien

Virgin
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Posts
3
Last edited:
So, I clicked on your link and there was no article. I saw a picture of a forelorn woman, and the back of another woman's head, and responses/replies from Yahoo members. The top of the page says "Yahoo News India", and you say Texas...

Not having more info, I wonder if this was a real event that happened in Texas, was it something that happened in India, were the students legal adults as you say, and so on...? I'm sure I could come up with more questions.

I can also offer an "answer" to your question.
What crime was committed? Is Texas still so backward that sex between CONSENTING ADULTS can still be a crime?
Even if the students are eighteen or older, many people in today's society see an authority figure such as a teacher, minister/Priest, parent, grandparent, boss, etc., having sex with a student/young adult of whom they were in a "position of power" over as "wrong". Morally wrong, at least.

Let's break this down a bit. If the eighteen year old is still a student and said teacher is their teacher, there's a conflict of interest here. Did the student receive "A"s? And if so, did they earn the grade on their own merit? Is the teacher nice to ____________ (the student they are having sex with) but mean to _____________ (a student who turned down the teacher's advances and/or someone not deemed "attractive enough" to receive teacher's attention)?

We also have the element of "teacher accused of having group sex with students on video". Were the students aware of the video taping or was their privacy violated?




On a side note, as a story idea, it's hot! Who cares about the "whys" the teacher was busted. Write a story from the teacher's or a student's point of view and how much fun they're having! ;)
 
Story On Good Morning America

The story is older than I had been led to believe from Yahoo.in. But here is the GMA link:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/group-sex-scandal-texas-teacher-sentenced-years-prison/story?id=17028716

Your response is interesting. I just wonder whether 5 years is appropriate. Technically there has been no sexual abuse....only inappropriate relations...a kind of an exploitation of a position of trust....I see this as similar to petty theft.

Whatever...I agree with you...the morals of the punishment are irrelevant to a fictional story
 
Wow, that is absolutely crazy sentencing!!!!

Okay, I sort of understand the "she was their teacher" part of things. Should she lose her job? Probably. I wouldn't want a teacher trolling for my eighteen year old daughter. And I think it's worthwhile to apply a standard like that. Swap the age and genders to measure the "ick" factor.

Still, they were all of legal age - legal, consenting adults. I fail to see the crime that warrants removing a woman from her obviously loving husband and three kids!!!!

Meanwhile, I got to give all the props in the world to the husband in this story! What a great guy! His take on things might not sit well with lots of other guys, but I respect the hell out of him for standing by his woman. Hell, maybe she did it with his encouragement?

Any story I would write about this would include that take on things.
 
Your response is interesting. I just wonder whether 5 years is appropriate. Technically there has been no sexual abuse....only inappropriate relations...a kind of an exploitation of a position of trust....I see this as similar to petty theft.

5 years sounds very harsh. Maybe it was influenced by considerations that aren't covered in the article (e.g. the content of those texts) but on the face of it, it sounds relatively mild. I'd wonder whether that sentence has been influenced by outrage at the aspects of the case that aren't in themselves illegal (group sex, adultery).

OTOH, I'm very wary of teacher-student relationships because that power imbalance can turn abusive so easily. I knew at least one academic who preyed on his students, sexually and financially: he'd recruit grad students from China who didn't speak much English, help them with visas, then find them expensive rental accommodation in properties he owned, sometimes sleeping with the female students - since they didn't know their rights, they didn't realise they could say no. Even a high-school teacher has a lot of power to mess up a kid's life if they want to abuse their authority.
 
5 years sounds very harsh. ... I'd wonder whether that sentence has been influenced by outrage at the aspects of the case that aren't in themselves illegal (group sex, adultery).

Yes, I agree.

OTOH, I'm very wary of teacher-student relationships because that power imbalance can turn abusive so easily. I knew at least one academic who preyed on his students, sexually and financially: he'd recruit grad students from China who didn't speak much English, ... Even a high-school teacher has a lot of power to mess up a kid's life if they want to abuse their authority.

That point isn't lost on me. However, the young men involved rose to her defense (no pun intended... aw, screw it - I meant the pun, too). I think they had a lot of inappropriate fun. I don't believe they had a "five years in prison" worth of inappropriate fun. Just my opinion, of course. YMMV
 
That point isn't lost on me. However, the young men involved rose to her defense (no pun intended... aw, screw it - I meant the pun, too). I think they had a lot of inappropriate fun. I don't believe they had a "five years in prison" worth of inappropriate fun. Just my opinion, of course. YMMV

Agreed. Without knowing any other information that might have been taken into account during sentencing, I'd have expected something more like 6 months. But the US legal system is weird even by legal standards.

Just the other day a California case established that if you trick a married woman into agreeing to sex by impersonating her husband, it's rape - but if she's unmarried and you're impersonating her boyfriend, it's not.
 
Back
Top