Super Twins: The Ghosts of Krypton (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Super Saiyan Blue
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
This is a re-imagining of the Superman mythos where Superboy and Supergirl are the twin children of Kal-El, and they were the ones sent to Earth as infants. They grew up as the adopted children of Jonathan and Martha Kent in Smallville, Kansas, and now they have just graduated high school and are enjoying their summer before going off to Metropolis University. However, after strange, seemingly supernatural events happen around town, government agents arrive and begin questioning the residents.

Due to mysterious happenings in multiple locations around the country and the apparent swarm of individuals with powers, the United States Government authorized the solidification of various investigative and counter-terrorism groups and resources into the newest Cabinet department, the Department of Extranormal Operations. The first Secretary of Extranormal Operations is US Air Force General Wade Eiling, nominated by President Harrison Wells and confirmed by the Senate.

In his first official act as the head of the DEO, Eiling warranted the creation of three child agencies: A.R.G.U.S. (Advanced Research Group Undercover Services), to operate covertly; B.S.I. (Bureau of Special Investigations), to operate in a public law enforcement capacity; and S.A.S.C. (Special Affairs and Services Commission), to provide a civilian outreach to Metahuman citizens.

While the B.S.I. begins deploying field agents to investigate reports of extranormal activity, General Eiling is able to secure the proper clearance to build Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary in the swamps of Louisiana. The facility technically falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, but since it is designed to house only Metahuman offenders, the operation and supervision of the prison is assigned to the DEO pending monthly inspections by a BOP representative.

Unbeknownst to the BOP or the general public, there is a secret A.R.G.U.S. facility underneath Belle Reve, known as Project Cadmus. Down there, scientists experiment on prisoners, as well as recruit key individuals for Task Force X, a covert operations team commonly referred to as Suicide Squad by the inmates. The inmates who know of Project Cadmus are also injected with nanites that will kill them instantly if they breathe a word of it to visitors and inspectors.

As Conner and Kara are trying to enjoy their summer, they are concerned with the growing number of powered individuals that are surfacing, with the media labeling it the "Metahuman Crisis." Then the B.S.I. arrives in Smallville after there is an explosion at a nearby aerospace production plant owned by Ferris Avionics, which is linked to local Metahuman activity. The Kent family have to be very cautious, for if Conner and Kara are caught using their powers while the B.S.I. are combing every inch of the town, they risk their own freedom.

One of the lead investigators -- Senior Agent John Diggle -- portrays himself as a steadfast and ambitious tactician, but in reality he is a shapeshifting Martian assuming human form. He secretly rescues the Metas that he knows are innocent, keeping them out of B.S.I. custody. What concerns him in this instance is that Ferris Avionics was one of his allies, and the Smallville plant employed a group of Metas Diggle had protected, providing them work and shelter.

Diggle ends up discovering the Kents' secret, but promises not to reveal it to the B.S.I. After the group of Metas that fled Ferris after the explosion are found by Diggle, they end up staying at the Kent Farm, and the story unfolds from here.

I will be playing Conner and Diggle, and need a female writer to play Kara. Other writers are welcome to adapt various DC characters to be one of the Metas that was working at Ferris. As for the rise in Metahumans recently, I'm going the Marvel route and saying it's due to something similar to the Mutant X-Gene, called the Meta-Gene. The source of this will be explored at a later time.
 
Back
Top