Anonymous "Rubbish" Commenter

Does anyone know who the cretin is who keeps leaving the word "rubbish" and maybe a few ad hominem insults in dozens (hundreds?) of comment sections?

If you are going to be anonymous so no one can look up your work or call you out for not trying to write anything of your own, while you don't even have the intellectual honesty to cite reasons for why you don't like the story; then posting that is pointless, gratuitous and pathetic.

I hope it's just one person and not a gang of copycat imbeciles.

Does anyone know who the cretin is who keeps leaving the word "rubbish" and maybe a few ad hominem insults in dozens (hundreds?) of comment sections?

If you are going to be anonymous so no one can look up your work or call you out for not trying to write anything of your own, while you don't even have the intellectual honesty to cite reasons for why you don't like the story; then posting that is pointless, gratuitous and pathetic.

Hard to say here. There is certainly more than one anonymous troll that goes around slamming stories.

But there are "serial" trolls who will just keep blasting away and saying the same crap over and over again.

Nothing you can do about it except take the bad with the good here. Well that just roll your eyes because that's pretty sad when that is how a person gets their jollies in life

The story authors can just delete the comment and forget about it.

It is rude and cowardly and quite pointless, but in a way they are doing you a favor. If, as an author, you cannot stomach moronic anonymous criticism, then perhaps displaying your work in public is not something you should be doing. Complaining about it is like going out in the rain and then complaining about getting wet.

The unknown poster wants to discourage new writers. Comments on a few on my early stories; than I never heard from it again

My first submissions attracted crap comments (and good votes). I deleted the crap and haven't had any since.

omg This crap comes from the worst offender here. Still trying to look innocent? You're so full of shit.

Still trying to play victim? Maybe you should start another half dozen "poor me I got trolled" threads like you did awhile back. Mind you with no real visible proof in your scores that you really were trolled.

So right back at you sweetie;)

It is rude and cowardly and quite pointless, but in a way they are doing you a favor. If, as an author, you cannot stomach moronic anonymous criticism, then perhaps displaying your work in public is not something you should be doing. Complaining about it is like going out in the rain and then complaining about getting wet.[/QUOTE]

This is a really good post.

I might not delete comments, but I did disallow anon comments. I really dont give a damn about negative comments, yet it is through them that I have considered some rewrites. Some of them were right- in a rather crass fashion. I have yet to recieve the vitriol that people bitch about so much.

I don't mind criticism, specially since I'm not that good of a writer, lol. But the anonymous ones are just really, put a name to it. I like to respond to all people who comment, just to thank them for reading but anonymous ones...

Are you kidding me?

I posted my stories on this website just for the hatred!

My stories are intentionally erection killers. lol

I love reading the hate people post on my stuff. It makes me laugh. I'm trolling the trollers. :)

Like said earlier it's just to discourage new writers.

People on the internet have lots of time.

Not often, but rarely I've run across a story that I could find no merit to whatsoever. Frankly, the only way I made it to the end was the same horrified curiosity that one experiences when witnessing a train crash. In both cases, I tried to pinpoint everything that I felt was wrong and made suggestions on how to fix each of the problems in a comment that I signed my name to.

Ironically, I didn't find any anonymous comments of "Absolute Rubbish" on those two, but have on others that were actually pretty decent if not among the best I had seen.

While I do tend to agree with you emotionally that anyone who would post simplistic fatuous statements such as this under anonymous rather than logging in possesses all of the moral fiber of a thirteen year old who enjoys lighting a baggie filled with dog poop on fire on someone's porch, ringing the doorbell, and running away, there is really no viable way to offer them a spine transplant and acknowledging them at all only serves to encourage the little bastards to scoop some more poop in another bag on another night.

Having said that, writing in general and erotic stories in specific is much more art than science. While a story might be well told, it may not touch up that which a person comes to such to feel touched. In plain language, it may just not do it for them. It may very well be that they, themselves, are not actually a member of Literotica.com since you don't have to be to read the stories posted here and their juvenile statements of "rubbish!" is the only way they know to communicate that the story didn't do it for them. Personally, I've chosen to leave any comments that weren't advertisements there and let other commenters answer them while I send private personal responses to anyone bold enough to sign theirs.

At the end of the day, just remember that you are writing for yourself and readers who are enough like you to enjoy your efforts and forget the rest while trying to get a little better each time.

At the end of the day, just remember that you are writing for yourself and readers who are enough like you to enjoy your efforts and forget the rest while trying to get a little better each time.

That is the main thing to me. I write the stories that I want to read and have not been able to find here or on other sites. The idea that it drives some people nuts is a bonus.

...anyone who would post simplistic fatuous statements such as this under anonymous rather than logging in possesses all of the moral fiber of a thirteen year old who enjoys lighting a baggie filled with dog poop on fire on someone's porch, ringing the doorbell, and running away, there is really no viable way to offer them a spine transplant and acknowledging them at all only serves to encourage the little bastards to scoop some more poop in another bag on another night.

I've decided that an accumulation of braindead comments is a badge of honor, showing that I'm not pandering to adolescent wankers. The more, the merrier. I'm adding a few to my sig.

I love reading the hate people post on my stuff. It makes me laugh. I'm trolling the trollers. :)

I've written a few stories specifically to attract the trolls. It's good therapy for when you start thinking nobody is reading your stories. And they are often hilarious!

That is the main thing to me. I write the stories that I want to read and have not been able to find here or on other sites. The idea that it drives some people nuts is a bonus.

This! I still find myself wondering far too often if what I'm writing appeals to the reader, or if I'm disappointing them with decisions I make while writing. That's when I have to remind myself why I'm doing this: Not to be an 'author' or to satisfy random people on the internet. But for my own personal enjoyment.

Stories matching my taste are so rare, it's tough to find well written, long stories of that kind. That's what made me start writing. Posting them should be just an act of kindness for those out there who are like me, searching and wishing there were more stories about what I like. What matters is that I can enjoy my writing. Everyone else who does is just a bonus.

I don't get people like you. You actually put time and energy into writing stuff that intentionally disappoints and angers other people? Don't you have something more worthwhile and productive to do with your life?

Sorry for being blunt, but I think that's the wrong reason to post stories on this site. It sounds pretty immature und trollish to me.

I don't get people like you. You actually put time and energy into writing stuff that intentionally disappoints and angers other people? Don't you have something more worthwhile and productive to do with your life?

Sorry for being blunt, but I think that's the wrong reason to post stories on this site. It sounds pretty immature und trollish to me.

I have a large number of stories on Literotica. They are of variable quality but sometimes I get a spate of anonymous attacking comments that bear no relation to the story/stories they are posted against. They tend to start with the stories at the beginning of the alphabet and run out of steam before they get more than a quarter of the way through my list.

I use my stories on Literotica as experiments in writing. Sometimes the experiment works. Sometimes it doesn't and the critical comments can be helpful, whether anonymous or signed.

But writing to annoy the trolls can be amusing, for example writing a story in the Loving Wives category that has a loving wife who doesn't cheat. That really upsets the trolls that infest the Loving Wives category. I challenged myself to write that story - to show that whatever is written for Loving Wives is likely to attract abuse.

I tend to leave reasonable comments even if I think they might be unfair. But I delete attacks that are personal invective after a couple of days.

On Literotica, like elsewhere on the internet, the ability to remain anonymous when commenting is abused by some people.

There was a commenter in a recent story that said he rated a new author's submission as a 1-star because he used the word "mum" instead of "mom".

I wasn't even the author and it pissed me off because all that stuff does is discourage new writers from continuing to contribute.

But writing to annoy the trolls can be amusing, for example writing a story in the Loving Wives category that has a loving wife who doesn't cheat. That really upsets the trolls that infest the Loving Wives category. I challenged myself to write that story - to show that whatever is written for Loving Wives is likely to attract abuse.

I tend to leave reasonable comments even if I think they might be unfair. But I delete attacks that are personal invective after a couple of days.

On Literotica, like elsewhere on the internet, the ability to remain anonymous when commenting is abused by some people.

Exactly, this is the internet. There's moronic people everywhere. It's just a thing you have to face when online, no matter in what kind of community you are. Be it chat, forums, blogs or facebook, there are tools and rules for dealing with this kind of spam.

You can moderate your comment section and just delete moronic replies. If maintaining your comments becomes increasingly difficult due to the amount of stories you have posted, you can choose to simply disallow anonymous comments. If you still get annoyed by other people's responses after that, you can disable feedback altogether.

Quite frankly, if you feel that touchy about stupid comments, you shouldn't probably ask for opinions at all. And yes, "trolling the trolls" is in essence just being as touchy about feedback as complaining about moronic comments. Someone with a spine would just accept that you can't make everyone happy and there will always be people who complain or even hate. Publishing your work means taking the bad just as gracefully as the good.

Writing a story designed to "troll the trolls" is not a very efficient means to deal with spam. It will also disappoint lots of good readers. These disappointed people will associate your name with their experience and not read any of your more serious works.

You see, I have a rule. If there is nothing good I can say about someone's story, then I don't comment. I only give positive feedback. But I have run into a number of stories with a promising beginning that turned out to be an incredible waste of time. And even though I have never commented on such a story, I have avoided reading anything else from those authors.

Writing a story designed to "troll the trolls" is not a very efficient means to deal with spam. It will also disappoint lots of good readers. These disappointed people will associate your name with their experience and not read any of your more serious works.

You can judge for yourself. The story is http://www.literotica.com/s/energy-saving

It annoyed some people who read the Loving Wives category because it is about a married couple in love with each other and no one else. I don't think it is a bad story.

My other Loving Wives story http://www.literotica.com/s/trapped-7
was a mistake. I should have put it in 'Fetish', not 'Loving Wives'. I have left most of the abuse.

You can judge for yourself. The story is http://www.literotica.com/s/energy-saving

It annoyed some people who read the Loving Wives category because it is about a married couple in love with each other and no one else. I don't think it is a bad story.

My other Loving Wives story http://www.literotica.com/s/trapped-7
was a mistake. I should have put it in 'Fetish', not 'Loving Wives'. I have left most of the abuse.

I didn't mean to criticize you for putting up one story into the wrong category deliberately.
I was mainly referring to adrenaline61938 who said ALL his stories are posted here just for the hatred and designed to be erection killers.
I just think someone with that mindset should not be here.

Back