Decadents and Dropouts IC

" I say start small, unimportant in the eyes of the big nations. Build up support from the people so even if the crowns get worreid, their army won't fight us. The riverboat sounds like a good idea, we can go down the Endless River, which loops back on itself."
 
sure thing maybe there's an island with a small home thats got everything we need. " dea said as he smiled.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss smiled softly. "Nice, now I have a nice dream for the night. A boat, peacefully floating on the river..." she yawned, a dreamy look in her eyes.
"We will see for it in the morning. I have to get some sleep now."
Phyliss pulled her green nightie out of her bag and hesitated. She wouldn't have bothered to put it on with only the Kobald around, because he wouldn't care at all. It was a bit different with the drow around. She moved a few steps out of the light of the fire, not daring to walk in the underwood. She turned around and quickly took her clothes off, pulling the nightie over her head, struggling with the snakes. She returned and put her clothes careful into her bag, and wrapped herself up in the second blanket and lay down. "good night." she said.
 
Last edited:
good night" Dea said as he smiled and wonder what the day was going to be like he was smiling as he was able to see in the night but didn't dare to say anything as he closed his eyes and went over to sleep.
 
Canut yawned, the fire was dying down, and he was getting a hit lathargic "Right, sleep time" he crawled onto his bedroll, carefully positioning himself so the sun would hit him just so when it rose, and dozed off.
 
Phyliss Ovida

It was just dawn, when the gorgon awoke. The drow was still sleeping, the kobald still dozing. Phyliss could see enough in the dawn to look for a bit of water before sunset. So she might be ready when the others awoke. She picked up her clothes and what else she needed for the morning toilet and looked for water. She found a small pool of water nearby that she had overlooked last night. Not much water, but enough of it. It was in the woods, she could neither see the mainroad nor the campsite, but she wasn't really far away. Sthe stripped off her nightie and washed herself as good as possible. Then she took time to put on a little make-up. She smiled at the thought that most people would find it rally bizarre that a gorgon, stranded in the wilderness, would waste time and effort to do such a thing. But she wasn't a dungeon dweller, she had lived in palaces before, with some of the most cultivated persons around, including nobility. But none of them could protect her for longer time, and some didn't even try. But don't cry for spilled milk. She started to put on her clothes again, because the sun was already rising and the others would soon be awake.
 
Dea was up as he yawn and was reading a book as he looked over to see the gorgon walking back as he went back to reading his book. he had used his bag of gold as he pillow and a head rest as he read and was thinking." So where to now" he asked as he pulled out a map that was old yet up to date as he closed the book and sat up to look at her and the sun that was coming up.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss finished dressing and returned to the camp, finding Dea reading.
She smiled and sat down with him. "I do not know this area well enough to find anything here. I guess we rather wait for the Kobald to guide us. Or do you have an idea?"
 
Well from what i can see there's a town about a days away from here and we can reach it by night fall." He said with a smile and then looked at Kobald who was still a sleep.
 
As the thermo of the sun slowly sank into his body, Canut forced himself up. Still not at ideal core body temp, he only managed to grumble "Waz yup?"
 
well the sun is and i am. but what about you? we're about to get going so wash up and get ready." dea said as he already had his things ready to go and he too was ready.
 
Phyliss Ovid

The gorgon packed her things. Allright, she did have a bath and refreshment, got some sleep and company, but no breakfast. She renembered the rats head and decided better to keep a little hungry. Maybe the would find something better. And she did have a perspective now, although it was vague and probably dangerous. Now, there wasn't much to loose. She would see where the two males would lead her in this strange country.
 
Finnaly heated up, Canut stopped his sparwling and, with the speed of a clear expert, took down his meager camp. " So, Crown Hollow it is?"
 
Sure thing does it have a port? " dea asked him as he got to his feet and started to walk to the main road and looked around as he wait to follow them to where they are going.
 
Sure thing does it have a port? " dea asked him as he got to his feet and started to walk to the main road and looked around as he wait to follow them to where they are going.

"No," Canut sassed in a matter-of-fact tone. " The Great Inland Sea is the other way, Crown Hollow is on the Endless River."
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyllis followed them to the mainroad, her bag hanging over her back. She studied the surrounding carefully, but it was all new to her.
"just lead me the way to the city." she said, sounding excited and much merrier then yesterday.
 
Okay " dea said as he walked and looked around as he sighed a bit. it was good to walk with others as he wonder what this city.
 
"Just but one foot in front of the other this way," Canut pointed outland. "Until we reach the village square."
 
Phyliss ovida

Phyliss did as Canut said. She had been in many cities. Some were liberal (or decadent, as moralists would say) and accepted creatures like her kind, others were threatening, the villagers ready to stone her. She did not know what would expect her here.
 
Canut could sence her worry, most "mosters" had it every now and again. "Crown Hollow is fine. They HAVE to be, in order to live off travelers."
 
Dea didn't mind. he lived in the woods most of his life and was now walking with two others to a new place. he was happy but didn't show it to much.
 
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked up.
"Now, I think we are just about there. I can see it now." She pointed to the walls in front of her. She was a bit dissapointed that the place was much smaller then she imagined. Big cities were more tolerant. But she trusted the Kobalds word and kept going.
 
Last edited:
Phyliss Ovida

Phyliss looked up.
"Now, I think we are just about there. I can see it now." She pointed to the walls in front of her.

'Ih," Canut nodded. The sorry excuse for a wall was a ten foot tall pile of sod, but in a peaceful region like this it would suffice. "I must be market day," he noticed the lights and sounds. "Then again, here it's ALWAYS marcket day."
 
Phyliss Ovida

"Great! I've been looking for a market quite some time. Maybe we find an Inn or something like it, too." The gorgon had won some confidence back and walked through the gate, or rather the hole in the pile.
"I'm dying for a cup of wine."
 
Last edited:
Me too lets look for an inn that has a bar with it." Dea said as he started to walk along the main road.
 
Back
Top