The 2017 Literotica Award Nominations: Most Literary--Genre Transcending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begun in 2016, three of five chapters in 2017 and completed 1/20/18. It is posted in both Lesbian and Loving wives, contains Scifi/fantasy elements, action/adventure elements, romance and others. It is impossible to confine the breadth of the story to any category, and is one of the best stories, of any genre, around..

Here is a link to Todd172's story :D I'm assuming "Chapter 2" is "Witch" and that's the one you mean. (There is a Chapter 2.5: Succubus, too)

Tags of "Violent" "crime" "lesbian"

https://www.literotica.com/s/st-clair-ch-02-witch

The other titles sound intriguing, too! Soldier Girl, The Siren, The Angel. Another I'd like to check out. *note to self, get notepad for scribbles now*
 
Last edited:
So many great nominations for genre transcending stories. I admit I haven't read most of them, but it's on my to-do list now.

I want to nominate a story which is not as well known but beautifully written. It treads a line between sexual escapism and human suffering so well. Mostly, I just love the pain and strife all around the story juxtaposed against the desperation for escape (through rough sex).

The Burdens of Others by AmoryParks

The category is BDSM, but it's not particularly hard core. I would strongly encourage you to give this story a chance (it's quite short at 3 pages).
 

I've already made one nomination, so this isn't one, but as Kublicon's Play It Again Sam would have been my next choice, it's definitely worth checking out.

It's a Groundhog Day time loop story with action/adventure, SF and 'loving wives' elements; there's some humor, some pathos and even a little romance.

I wish there was a category for 'Best New Author' or 'Best Story by a New Author', since I would have nominated him/it there in a shot.

[removed offtopic discussion]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So many great nominations for genre transcending stories. I admit I haven't read most of them, but it's on my to-do list now.

I want to nominate a story which is not as well known but beautifully written. It treads a line between sexual escapism and human suffering so well. Mostly, I just love the pain and strife all around the story juxtaposed against the desperation for escape (through rough sex).

The Burdens of Others by AmoryParks

The category is BDSM, but it's not particularly hard core. I would strongly encourage you to give this story a chance (it's quite short at 3 pages).

Damn. Yeah, I want to third this nomination. Thumbs up.
 
Congratulations on the nomination. :) I see the tags for the story are "women in prison," "criminal," "female convict."

Not only that, but your story was written entirely within 2017, and it is finished. That is a rarity here, but that makes 2 so, along with Case21. Your commenters also compliment you on your "polished" and clean writing, your realism and depth of emotion (they seem to bring up "I feel sad" a lot in the first couple chapters. :D), and the chapters are shorter, one could possibly finish this novel in a single sitting if they had enough time.

Feel free to update your author profile, MelissaBaby, to let your followers know about your nomination and about the contest. More "seconds" and "thirds" and "fourths" here actually help determine who makes the final cut.

This is the time to bring good stories up to the surface to give them added exposure to more eyes, new and old. If you see something nominated already that you like, chime in with your support!

Thank you, and thanks to everyone who has spoken up in support of my story.

To give a fuller picture to readers who might be interested, My Fall and Rise consists of thirteen chapters, and chronicles, as the title implies, both a life gone terribly off track, and the path to renewal and redemption. I hope people will not be put off by the impression that it is a grim and unhappy work. It is, at it's heart, a positive story, which I hope readers will find informative and uplifting.

I am honored to be considered for an award, and pleased that the distinction of nomination might draw more eyes to my work.
 
I second the nomination of MelissaBaby's My Fall and Rise. It is remarkably sophisticated storytelling for a first-time author. The complexity of the disjointed timeline alone makes it an impressive effort. Melissa weaves her own tragic and triumphant life story into a tale that is so imbued with realism and visceral authenticity that you can't help but be swept into it. A truly special and inspiring piece of writing, deserving of an award.

I'll third or fourth or where-ever - "My Fall and Rise" by MelissaBaby.
 
I'm going to join the chorus for MelissaBaby's Rise And Fall, specifically Chapter 13. I'll be honest, a lot of the erotic writing on Lit seems a tad formulaic to me. Rise and Fall might be the grittiest, most unique read I've enjoyed in years.
 
I’m so new to Literotica that my keyboard squeaks when I log on to the site. To be nominated for “Bandit” is an honor and to be included with heavy hitters like these is mind numbing to me. With that said, I’m not a self-aggrandizing megalomaniac who will use offsite readers to cram a ballot box.

I will give credit on Literotica where credit is due.

My nomination is My Fall and Rise by MelissaBaby.

Enough said.

YDW
 
Last edited:
I’m so new to Literotica that my keyboard squeaks when I log on to the site. To be nominated for “Bandit” is an honor and to be included with heavy hitters like these is mind numbing to me. With that said, I’m not a self-aggrandizing megalomaniac who will use offsite readers to cram a ballot box.

I will give credit on Literotica where credit is due.

My nomination is My Fall and Rise by MelissaBaby.

Enough said.

YDW

I am touched by your gesture. Thank you.

I have just finished reading Bandit. It is a work of grace and beauty.

As someone who struggles with PTSD, I thank you. I join you in urging anyone who feels they may need help to reach out. There is no shame in needing a helping hand.
 
There are a number of writers on Lit whose work I find inspiring, but for this award,
I would like to nominate ElectricBlue66, specifically, this piece of work: https://www.literotica.com/s/the-floating-world-pt-05

What I do hear is the rising drum of rain, and whereas before the waiters closed doors against the rising wind, now they go further out into the courtyard and hastily pull down large transparent screens, to prevent the blowing rain reaching the room. It is an artful effect, the fall of rain cleaning the air and settling the dust, and the sound of it, but distant from the room itself. And later, the steady drip of the rain from leaves and roofs is somehow slow and primeval.

The rain takes the immediate heat out of the air, and the evening becomes warm and balmy. In the far distance though, the shafting late evening light illuminates some far mountains, and a darker storm moves up from the horizon. The distant echo of thunder follows the flash of light by six, seven, eight seconds. The storm is distant, but coming this way.


This has stuck in my mind since reading it.

J.
 
Todd172 St. Clair series "Witch" chapter two of the series

A major story from a major author. It spans categories effortlessly and is posted in two. An exceptional series that gets my nomination.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top