Trump Tweet Thread

A little more than 24 hours after Michael Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI, President Trump finally took to Twitter to offer his thoughts. He may wish he hadn't.

In his first tweet on the subject since Flynn's plea, Trump argued that Flynn had no reason to lie about his actions because they weren't unlawful. But it's the first part of the tweet that caught plenty of people's attention.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
8h
I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide

Except when Trump fired Flynn on Feb. 13, he mentioned only Flynn's comments to Vice President Pence -- not the FBI.

The day after Trump fired Flynn, on Feb. 14, Trump urged then-FBI Director James B. Comey to be lenient with Flynn, according to Comey's notes at the time, saying, "I hope you can let this go.” If Trump knew at that time that Flynn had lied to the FBI and was under investigation, the argument goes, it may constitute an attempt to obstruct that investigation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-be-a-problem-for-him/?utm_term=.2dfff70bfc7f

Update: The Post is now reporting that the tweet was authored by Trump's personal lawyer, John Dowd, according to two people familiar with the situation.

White House is now claiming that attorney John Dowd authored the ill-advised social media message.

"If CIA director Mike Pompeo ends up rolling into Foggy Bottom as Tillerson’s successor thinking that he won’t run into the same Twitter problem just because Trump likes him more, he has a rude awakening ahead of him."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...-feed-is-a-foreign-policy-crisis-machine.html

Anita Kumar
@anitakumar01
·
3h
A sign today in NYC outside where @POTUS held his first fundraiser of the day: "A package of bologna would make a better president

Justin Hendrix
@justinhendrix
·
10h
Over one thousand people got up early to greet @realdonaldtrump at Grand Central to tell him and his racist donor class- we will not let you destroy this country without the fight of your lives

Justin Hendrix
@justinhendrix
Trump Motorcade arriving to chants of "Lock Him Up" in NYC

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
Dec 2

I had to fire General Flynn because he lied to the Vice President and the FBI. He has pled guilty to those lies. It is a shame because his actions during the transition were lawful. There was nothing to hide!

Still has the little blue checkmark, meaning Donald Trump and only Donald Trump wrote it, regardless of what his lawyer claims.

Dec 7

Today, our entire nation pauses to REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR—and the brave warriors who on that day stood tall and fought for America.

God Bless our HEROES who wear the uniform, and God Bless the United States of America. #PearlHarborRemembranceDay🇺🇸

On that day, the brave warriors fighting for America only managed to kill sixty-four Japanese. Is that who he's tweeting about?

Dec 7

Today, our entire nation pauses to REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR—and the brave warriors who on that day stood tall and fought for America.

God Bless our HEROES who wear the uniform, and God Bless the United States of America. #PearlHarborRemembranceDay🇺🇸

On that day, the brave warriors fighting for America only managed to kill sixty-four Japanese. Is that who he's tweeting about?
In another PHD tweet he misquoted FDR. Melanoma er I mean Melania tweeted too but got the date wrong. Who needs fact checks?

Trump is mellowing. He normally would work Obama being a Jap into his tweet.

2h2 hours ago

Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the “dumbest man on television!” Bad Reporting.

Is it bad reporting to call Don Lemon the dumbest man on television? If I try, I can think of someone dumber who's in the news every day.

The only thing I found interesting in that crap NYT article was that he drinks 12 Diet Cokes a day, which is strange because he attacked people who drink Diet Coke during the campaign, saying, You ever notice how people who drink Diet Coke are fat? I mean, come on.

Confirmation when he attacks he is always making confessions about himself.

2h2 hours ago

Another false story, this time in the Failing @nytimes, that I watch 4-8 hours of television a day - Wrong! Also, I seldom, if ever, watch CNN or MSNBC, both of which I consider Fake News. I never watch Don Lemon, who I once called the “dumbest man on television!” Bad Reporting.

Is it bad reporting to call Don Lemon the dumbest man on television? If I try, I can think of someone dumber who's in the news every day.

The only thing I found interesting in that crap NYT article was that he drinks 12 Diet Cokes a day, which is strange because he attacked people who drink Diet Coke during the campaign, saying, You ever notice how people who drink Diet Coke are fat? I mean, come on.

Confirmation when he attacks he is always making confessions about himself.

He drinks 12 bottles of Diet Cokes?
I drink 6 cans of diet soda and I know that's too many (plus about the same in water, and two-three coffees/lattes)

I'm diabetic, but always drank a lot of water. What's his problem?

3h3 hours ago

Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

Gee, what could "do anything for them" mean? Does Trump invite cocksuckers into the Oval Office?

He drinks 12 bottles of Diet Cokes?
I drink 6 cans of diet soda and I know that's too many (plus about the same in water, and two-three coffees/lattes)

Shhh. There's no problem. Encourage him to go up to 20 bottles a day.

18m18 minutes ago

Wonderful weekend at Camp David. A very special place. A lot of very important work done. Heading back to the @WhiteHouse now.

I sure am glad to have this directly from the President, instead of the so-called "in-depth reporting" from fake news media.

18m18 minutes ago

Wonderful weekend at Camp David. A very special place. A lot of very important work done. Heading back to the @WhiteHouse now.
Does Camp David have a miniature golf course? With naked nymphs?

Trump retweeted three videos claiming to show violent Muslims. One shows a man beating up a young person on crutches, one shows a man destroying a statue, and one shows a group of people pushing someone off a roof.

They all sound like his kind of people.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-anti-Muslim-videos-British-nationalist.html
The account that Trump had retweeted has now been suspended, and its author arrested.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/18/brita...xid=gn_editorspicks&google_editors_picks=true

Pity they can't do the same with Trump's account. Although I have mixed feelings about that. The more he tweets the more obvious it is that he has to go.

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
12h12 hours ago

People are proud to be saying Merry Christmas again. I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Who are these people now proud to say Merry Christmas, who weren't before?

What a guy! MAGA!

His first tweet after the Washington train wreck

Donald J. Trump Verified Account
@realDonaldTrump

The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!
10:41 AM - 18 Dec 2017

I wonder why he didn't mention he wants to cut rail funding by 13% in that plan. :confused:

What a guy! MAGA!

His first tweet after the Washington train wreck

Donald J. Trump Verified Account
@realDonaldTrump

The train accident that just occurred in DuPont, WA shows more than ever why our soon to be submitted infrastructure plan must be approved quickly. Seven trillion dollars spent in the Middle East while our roads, bridges, tunnels, railways (and more) crumble! Not for long!
10:41 AM - 18 Dec 2017

I wonder why he didn't mention he wants to cut rail funding by 13% in that plan. :confused:

What does that have to do with the accident?

What does that have to do with the accident?

Umm, yes. Guess you'd need to ask The Donald that question. Apparently someone did ask him the question as some time later someone composed an almost human tweet on it for him to send out in his name.

Doen't the "infrastructure plan" involve further tax breaks and 'incentives' for contractors already working on gov't infrastructure projects?

Donald J. Trump
3h3 hours ago

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!

Maybe a little nuclear bomb action will warm things up, eh?

Donald J. Trump
2h2 hours ago

North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un just stated that the “Nuclear Button is on his desk at all times.” Will someone from his depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!
61,484 replies 61,667 retweets 146,961 likes

And the rest of the world sees these two and thinks it's time for somebody's nap.

January 2, 2017

Prior to Tuesday night's episode of Hannity on Fox News, President Donald Trump tweeted that his followers should tune into the show. Then the tweet disappeared from Trump's feed.

The deletion is unusual for Trump, who often tweets factually or grammatically incorrect content without deleting it.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a nonprofit watchdog organization, criticized Trump's tweet as an advertisement. The organization has challenged Trump on multiple fronts since he took office, claiming that the president is in violation of both the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution and the Presidential Records Act of 1981.

Trump offered no explanation for deleting the tweet about Hannity. A tweet remains from the same time period in which Trump claims he'll be holding some sort of bizarre event on Monday to further attack the news media.

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-p...lling-followers-watch-sean-hannity-fox-news-0

Back