Prophecy of Ruin or Salvation (closed for heartofcourage)

Her kiss was delicious and the faint foreign taste of his own member and release on them made it illicit as well, a heady combination of sensations and feelings. Her praise had been generous; he didn't think he was a good teacher, just that she was a great student, but perhaps both had some truth to them. Her words also made him wonder what would have happened if this match was not made. Would any man have ever touched her in this way? How tragic for all that would come after if she did not have sons and daughters!

He would see to that now and with happy vigor.

Their minds seemed to be following the same path. Her teasing smile made his pulse race once again and the way she talked of him taking her and filling her with a child, gods, it made a shiver of sensual anticipation rush through him and his cock throb with renewed want.

He smiled then and quirked a brow, "A love bite, is it? I have given you a few gifts, my Bryn, but it would be remiss not to give you the one you have so sweetly asked for." His grin was wicked and he didn't give her a chance to answer right away, silencing her with a hard, fierce kiss.

His lips descended then to the smooth, curve of her neck. Val kissed and nipped at the pale, luminous skin, making his way down to where her neck and shoulder joined. His tongue ran over the spot there and he glanced up at her to catch her eyes and wink, then he pressed his lips to it and nipped, then started to kiss and suck hard at her skin, knowing it would darken and purple under his attentions, a sign to any who saw of what had passed between them. She would hide it, of course, but he would know and she would know it was there and what it meant.
 
Bryn gasped as his lips descended on her neck, licking and kissing the spot between her shoulder and throat until she was squirming with renewed passion. She sighed softly as he sucked upon her flesh, leaving a secret mark that only they would know was there. When he broke from her skin, she kissed him again, her hands rising to cup his face.

A smile was upon her lips when their kiss broke. She needed to clean her skin of his spending, but she also wanted to spend her time with him wisely. “So I only need to ask for a gift sweetly and you will deliver it? That is a very dangerous thing to offer a wife, Val.” She said with a giggle as she finally pulled herself from his arms.

Holding her breath, she dunked herself beneath the way, wiping her skin clean before she emerged again. Her red hair clung to her skin, dripping rivulets down her flesh as she stood naked before him. It seemed that her shyness was gone for the moment and she felt no shame in sharing this intimate moment with him.

“Perhaps I would ask for vast riches and land.” She teased him, floating in the warm waters. “Or perhaps I would ask for large castles and estates. Maybe beautiful clothing and jewels beyond my wildest imagination.”

Of course, she teased him. She would not know what to do with herself if she were delivered such things but it was still fun to tease her soon to be husband and see how he would react.
 
Valius chuckled as she sank beneath the water after commenting on the dangerous nature of his words. It was true, that could be a tricky promise to keep. Though he hadn't said quite that but he loved how she played with his words like this. Her charm and her wit were on display and he was as taken with them as much as he was with her petite, pretty body.

She emerged from the water like the sea goddess her people thought her to be and he gazed on her with open admiration. Her shyness had vanished, for the moment at least, and he was enjoying the results. She stood in her nude brilliance before him for a few moments before floating on the water's surface, her breathtakingly lovely face cunning as she pondered asking him for various outlandish things.

He was grinning broadly by the time she was done. He loved her teasing, loved her daring to poke and prod at him like this. What a partner, what a queen she would be! "Ah, my love, already you are as a wife, you hear what you want rather than I say," he countered with a wry smirk. "I only said "this one gift you have asked so sweetly for" not any or all gifts."

Valius slipped into the water and moved beside her as she floated, running a hand lightly up one slender, supple leg to rest on her thigh. "I may give you titles and estates as suits my pleasure, and some you will have." His fingers slid closer to her pussy, "Should you want more...sweet asking will only get you so far. For a dress of fabric beyond your imagining, perhaps I will slip you beneath the table before a meeting with my advisers and let your sweet mouth earn the gown from my 'royal staff' while you hear us talk over you."

This might be too sexual talk for her so soon but he couldn't help it. "Perhaps for a valued estate, you might bring one of your chambermaids with you to our bed and the two of you work together to please me. Have me take you from behind while she kisses you or you taste her as I did you earlier this night." his hand slipped under the water to caress her ass. "Or you might open your last frontier to me and let me claim it as well whenever I wished."

Valius winked at her and leaned down to flick the tip of his tongue over one of her nipples, "So sweet asking may not be enough, my darling, but I am sure we could work out an arrangement for anything you wanted." His grin was wicked and naughty and he felt a moment's trepidation that he may have gone too far.
 
Her head turned towards Valius as he slipped into the water and moved beside her, his hand running over her leg and settling on her thigh as she floated. She sighed softly at the searing touch of his hand on her skin. She would die a thousand deaths for just one touch of his hand, she decided in that moment.

Bryn whimpered softly as his fingers slipped closer to her still wet entrance. She shivered as he talked about earning his favors and the images that he painted made both her mouth water and her heart race. It was truly wicked, she thought, but something that she most definitely wanted to try with him.

“Two women surely couldn’t…” She started as his hand slipped beneath the water to caress her bottom. She shivered again as he whispered such naughty things to her. Her blue eyes were shimmering with so much promise as he winked and leaned down to flick her sensitive nipple with his tongue.

Her hair floated around her like a living sea creature, a smile upon her face as she thought about all of the things that Valius had just presented for her. She was nervous enough for their wedding night and all that would entail, but there seemed so much more that she wasn’t even aware of.

“There is so much that you will teach me, Val.” She said softly, reaching up to touch his cheek. “So many things that you will do with my body and I am sure that I will enjoy every moment.”

“I must confess that I am slightly…frightened. It is all so overwhelming and then the thought that we must have a wedding of state. Is it too much to wish for a simple ceremony with you? It is the curse of royalty, I suppose. If we were to wed here in Al’Tir, you would be required to prove that I was a virgin on our wedding night. Surely such things are not done in Ithilien.”
 
He pressed his cheek against her small, warm hand as she reached up to caress him. Thankfully, she hadn't taken offense; though she did seem shocked by his suggestions. Her words hinted that she might be open to them in earnestness, which was a surprise and a delight to him. "In anything we do, love, know that it is done together. There is nothing that should be done solely because I want it if it is disagreeable to you."

He sighed at her confession of fear and his smile softened and became a tender, mildly sad expression. "It is frightening, even to me, and I am versed in all of the things that are new to you in our union save being wed." Poor Bryn. He wasn't sure he'd fully understood, or would be able to, the enormity of this for her. Of leaving all that she had known behind to become the Queen and inspiration for a people she knew almost nothing about. "There is so much that is new to you and that may be lost...it is selfish of me to be so forward, perhaps."

Valius sighed and sank in the bathing pool until only his head was above the water. "I share your wish. A simple, private wedding with only those witnesses we care for present would be a joy. It is not wrong to wish it. But there must be the state wedding as well. The nobility of Ithilien will expect it and it will ease much of the tension and worry among both the high and common folk to have a royal family once again and the line of succession renewed. Or the chance of it, at least." He shook his head, "The fate of my nation hangs on my every next breath and many back home are painfully aware of it."

He tilted his head to one side as Bryn floated in front of him, "But no, there will be no need to prove your virtue on our wedding night. We have heard of such traditions and there are some few who still practice them but it is largely seen as poor taste and making the marriage more base." He shrugged, not that she could see his shoulder move under the water. "But that at least you will be spared. The pomp and ceremony will have to be endured." He chuckled, "It could be that we might have a private wedding and a public one; I had not considered that."
 
“It’s never selfish for a husband to share his wants and needs with his bride.” She said softly as she stopped floating and stood before him in the deep pool, the water to her chin as she regarded him as he talked about his own burden and his want for things between them.

Bryn smiled as he mentioned giving her the private wedding that she wanted. She shook her head slightly, the water splashing around her. “There is no need to go through the trouble just for me, Valius. I want our marriage to set an example for your people. It must be full of ceremony that they would expect, but also frugal and down to earth. We must show them that we are simple people that they can relate to.”

“Having a private wedding is simply a youthful fancy of mine.” She said with a shrug, moving close enough to Valius that she could wrap her arms around his neck and draw herself close. “My mind is spinning with all the possibilities that I can see. I wish to start public works programs and charities. I want to learn to ride Rubido with the best of your men and I want to learn the art of archery. I wish to learn the Ithilien language.”

Her smile grew by the moment as she told him of everything that she wanted to do once she was his queen. “I can only wish for a little bit of time from the time I become your queen to the time that I become a mother. I know that time is of the essence for you, but there is so much to do.”

She moved to kiss him once more when she heard Enna’s voice floating in from near the entrance. “Ten more minutes, your majesty. Then we must return the Lady Bryn.”
 
Bryn really was a rare treasure. He loved her and had meant his promise to her and her father to protect and care for her but that determination to do so grew all the stronger the more he was with her. He smiled as he listened to her talk about their wedding and all the things she wished to do.

Gods, what a queen she was going to make.

She drew herself to him and his arms slid around her, holding his magnificent fiancee close. Their bodies brushed beneath the water and he felt his cock throb and swell once more.

Before he could speak again, however, Enna's voice carried to them in a happy, teasing tone. He felt himself flushing but smiled nonetheless, "She is incorrigible. I can only hope Claudius manages to screw some of the sass out of her." He blushed brighter then, realizing that might be a little too racy a comment for his sheltered love.

"Anyway," he went on hurriedly, "You needn't fear, love. I won't be trying to make you a mother before you're ready for it. Enna or any of the women I came with, actually, can tell you about the Maiden's Tea and how to brew it; maybe even give you some for now." Valius smiled, "But don't think our training will end when you are with child, love, we'll just change what we do a little."

It might seem strange to her but the thought of her with his child...she'd be even sexier.

Valius kissed her then, a long, lingering, lustful kiss. He sighed as it broke, "Well. And now we should part, else we risk Claudius and Enna coming in after us." He reached up to where they had deposited their wraps earlier and handed hers to Bryn. "I am glad we did this, my Bryn. To have seen you, felt you, and tasted you...it has been magnificent."
 
Bryn giggled at his crass assessment of Enna as the woman’s voice carried to them in a happy tone. She pressed her lips against Valius’s for a moment and sighed at the sweet contact between them. When the kiss broke, she listened to his explanation about getting her with child and she chewed on her lower lip for a moment before he kissed her again. This one was longer, lingering and completely arousing.

“I firmly believe that we were a match fated by the Gods.” She told him as she made no move to let him go. “I love you, Val. I never thought in my life I would ever tell a man that. I love you.”

She kissed him again and sighed softly. “I do not believe that I can deny you the right to having an heir simply because I need time, my love. You need a strong line to continue. I must do that as my duty to you.” She said softly, her forehead pressing against Valius’s as her blue eyes locked on his.

“Get dressed, Val. I will follow you shortly.” She said, still making no movement to let him go.
 
Val noted that despite saying he should go, she'd made no move to release him yet. He smiled at that, understanding it well. He knew they should part as well but had no wish to do so. To just hold her close would be a grand way to pass the hours remaining in this night or any other.

Alas that time would not tolerate it, and neither fate nor the gods would let them sit out their days that way; whether Bryn's feelings about them being 'meant' were right or not. Valius hugged her tightly and then lifted her to set her on the stone seat beneath the water's surface, "I'll call in Enna as I go then, my Bryn."

He stood up and moved to that he was only in the water from the knees down. It was silly and childish and she likely wouldn't care but he wanted her to see him, if she wanted to, naked and proud before they parted. His manhood was still half hard and water dripped from his length before it was hidden from her view. The young king bowed to his queen to be, "Anon then, my heart."

Val stepped to the mouth of the private pool and called softly, "Enna, come after me to attend Bryn, won't you?"

He heard her chuckle and his friend moved into view, a wrap clinging to get figure and her eyes bright with amusement and something more as well, "Did you wear her out that much, Sire? For shame! You should save a little for the wedding night."

He rolled his eyes, "If I wasn't so happy for you, I'd spank you. Just as a precaution, Enna, all right?"

"Of course." The two moved past one another, eyes doing a little traveling to see how the other had grown up. "She's a lucky girl, Sire, if I'm not being too bold."

"If you weren't, you'd find a way to be," he answered her, "but no less fortunate than my singulare." He was pleased at the blush that colored her cheeks then and went on.

Claudius waited across the wide public pool where the men were to enter from their side of the changing area. "Sire. Feeling all loose and limber now? So...aged eighteen years is a fine wine, some would say."

"Not saying a word and stop fishing, you old goad, or I"ll tell Enna." Both men laughed and moved to change. "Though she's probably pressing Bryn for details now."

The older man chuckled and his eyes were a bit soft, "She might be at that; she's a rare woman." As they stepped out into dry land, he glanced at his king, "Sire..."

"Wasn't my place to say anything, Claudius. You know how that is." The younger man stripped his wrap off and pulled down a fresh one to dry himself. "But she's a rare woman as you say, my friend, cherish and enjoy her."

"Heh. Aye, Sire."



Back in the bath, Enna swooped down upon Bryn with a girlish squeal, "Oh, Bryn! It was, oh, so wonderful! Everything I wanted! And it's all thanks to you, you clever little minx!"

She shook her head and gave her young friend a mock glare for a moment before she beamed, "I never saw it coming, well, I did, twice actually, but you know what I mean. You look so sweet and innocent! Who knew you were a secret madam," she teased.
 
Bryn was standing from the water, pulling her wrap back into place by the time Enna swooped upon her. The woman was absolutely glowing and she couldn’t help the grin that broke forth when Enna squealed in delight and thanked her for bringing her and Claudius together.

“It is not a secret. I simply know the look of love when I see it.” Bryn said, laughing softly as she sat on a stone bench and bade Enna to help her brush out the mass of red hair that had become tangled in the water. “Masha helped me scheme and we brought you both together. I did not make you consummate the relationship. That was all up to you.”

Bryn noticed the way that Enna looked at her in surprise and she suppressed a smile at the shocked look on her face. Bryn could be innocent most of the time, but she was becoming bolder in her new role as seductress and teasing friend.

“Did he treat you well, Enna? I do hope that Claudius was not a brute and all went well.” She asked her friend in a curious tone as her hair was finally brushed and they both rose to dress so that they could head back to the chambers.
 
Enna chuckled as she finished brushing out Bryn's glorious crimson hair, "You want to hear the juicy details, hmm? I don't blame you. I'm half surprised you couldn't hear us, we made quite a bit of noise...but then you were making some yourself, I bet."

"You have such gorgeous hair, do you know that?" The brunette smiled and pulled her wrap back on. "I wouldn't say he was a brute but he was direct. Which is what I wanted. We'll have time for teasing and slow build-ups and love making later on." She shivered and nibbled her lower lip, "I wanted him to take me, and oh, oh, he did. Gods, took me and fucked me like I'd never felt, and he came in me, and it was like I was filled with joy."

She giggled and hugged Bryn from behind for a few moments before she drew away with a wink," Anymore than that will have to wait until we're in your quarters or mine with a bit of wine to celebrate." Enna paused and lowered her voice, "And you, Bryn? Did you enjoy your 'bath' with Valius?"



The young king emerged from the changing room, Claudius behind him. They could see Dax and Masha ahead, the lithe ranger woman stepping back away from the brawny guards. "Sir Dax, Masha," he greeted them with a smile, "How goes the watch?"

Masha smiled a bit wickedly, "Uneventful, Your Majesty. We did hear some strange sounds a while ago; some beasts rutting, I think, but it seems to have passed.

That saucy little...ah, he couldn't be mad at her. "Keep careful watch then, singulare, for I know you are best suited to dealing with amorous beasts." He grinned at her and then let his expression become a happy smile, "But you were mistaken in part. Let us await the ladies so we may say our good nights with full chaperones in attendance."
 
“Thank you.” Bryn murmured as Enna complimented her hair. Turning towards her friend, she grinned as she listened to her brief description of what happened between her and Claudius. She was so happy that it had worked out and it seemed that Enna was definitely in love with the grizzled guard.

She laughed as Enna hugged her tightly and then drew away with a wink, telling her that they would retire to her quarters with a bit of wine to celebrate. Then she blushed crimson when it came her time to tell Enna the details of her bath with Valius.

“It was…amazing.” Bryn murmured, a smile breaking across her lips as she moved her hair to the side to show Enna the love bite that Valius had left behind on her shoulder. “Oh, Enna, I love him so. He fills me with happiness and makes my body shake with joy.”

The feeling of giddiness was contagious and Bryn felt herself bursting free with giggles as they retired to cloth themselves. “He’s taught me so much already. I can only imagine what there is left to know between men and women.” She said as Enna helped her to lace her gown before they piled her wet hair into a chignon at the nape of her neck.
 
Enna was smiling as she carefully arranged Bryn's wet hair so it wouldn't sop her dress. "I'm happy for both of you. I always worried he'd get married to someone he wouldn't like, you know? It happens so often with higher nobles. But you two, it's like you can almost see the attraction between you in the air when you're together."

The countess judged her work done and began to dress herself, "He does have a repuation as a good lover, Valius, I mean. Um, did you two..." She raised her hands and made a gesture of a finger going into a hole made by the thunb and forefinger of her other hand. "You don't have to answer, of course, I'm just a rather bad young woman."

She grinned and then went on, "There is a lot more to it than you might expect, what men and women can do, I mean. And once you get the basics down, there are so many variations!" She giggled wickedly, "I can't wait to try out as many as I can."

The brunette paused, "I'm sorry. This has to be pretty disorienting with everything else. You know you can ask me anything, anything at all, and I'll be glad to answer and help you. I have no shame, as you may have guessed from my screaming in there, so you won't embarrass me or make me think badly of you by anything you want to ask."

"There! Let's go get the boys and get taken to our celebration, shall we?"
 
Bryn watched as Enna gestured in a lewd manner and she felt her cheeks heating up. She stammered, a surprised look on her face as she shook her head. “No. I…uh…we didn’t do…that.”

She sighed in relief as she apologized while she dressed, telling her that she could ask her anything at all. Bryn smiled and nodded, laughing softly as the Countess seemed to literally glow from the inside. She was in love, even if she didn’t see it, everyone else surely would.

She followed Enna to their little group, taking Valius’s arm when it was offered. She patted his arm affectionately, smiling up at him as they walked back to her chambers. She hated the idea of parting from Valius, but she knew that it was only going to be for a short time. Tomorrow she would sign the papers that made her a Lady of Al’Tir and then the day after that, she would begin her journey towards her new home. It was daunting to think about, but she was more than ready for it.

Stopping in front of her chamber door, she looked up at Valius and touched his cheek gently. “I pray that you sleep well this evening, my lord. I will see you in the morning.” She pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek, wishing that she were more bold.

“Lady Enna and I have much to discuss this evening. Perhaps we shall solve all the problems of Ithilien over a bottle of fine wine.” She smiled at both Valius and Cladius, noticing the way the old ranger stared at Enna with a mixture of lust and affection.
 
There was a thrill to seeing Bryn dressed once more, knowing what they had seen and shared of one another. And knowing that the others gathered around them would be wondering what exactly they had done lent a naughty edge to it as well. He caught a wicked gleam in Enna's eye and wondered what his fiancee had told his love. "Ladies, fresh from the bath your beauty is polished and pure as a gem lifted from a mountain stream."

Bryn took his arm and they went off. They spoke little, merely enjoying the company of one another for as long as they could. Soon they would part, if only for a short time, but still he would regret it.

He wanted to sleep with her; not in a carnal manner but just wanted to lie with her in bed and hold her to him. To be able to watch her slumber and see peace on those lovely features and feel the faint rise of her body as she breathed would be a wonder.

But it would wait.

"The morning cannot come soon enough," Valius answered his love. He smiled at her next words and then laughed, "It would end many of my worries if you are able to. I have noted wine oft causes more troubles than it solves but perhaps it has a different effect on the Bryn Alerum," he teased.

Valius inclined his head to the two women. Claudius caught Enna's eyes and they gazed into one another's faces for several long moments but he did not speak. The older man just smiled and touched a hand to his heart before he turned to follow Valius as the king and Masha turned away to head back to his chambers.

The young monarch looked sideways at his old teacher, soldier, and bodyguard. "I can't recall a more enjoyable bath, can you, Claudius?"

The ranger chuckled, "I can't at that, Sire. Though I can think of a ways to better it in the future."

Valius grinned, "You and me both, Sir Knight. Let us to rest then. The next few days will be very busy and leave little time for any such enjoyment."
 
The evening with Enna was one of great celebration. Bryn drank more wine then she’d ever drank at one time. She was tipsy, giggling along with Enna was if she were a long lost kindred spirit. Sleep did not come until late in the evening and when she woke in the morning, she felt a pounding in her head that she’d never experienced before.

Enna helped her to dress, a smile on her face as she watched Bryn struggle with the hangover and still lingered deep into the morning as they broke their fast and finished the final details of her upcoming move. Bryn did her best to keep up with everything, but she was tired and didn’t feel as sunny as she normally did.

She also didn’t notice the green gown that Enna had laced her into. It was a new creation, one that was more common in Ithilien. It was in dark green with brown thread shot throughout the skirt. The top hugged her breasts, placing them on view for whoever cared to look at them, and the bodice hugged her hips until it flared into deep folds of fabric. Valius’s ring nestled between her breasts on the delicate chain and on her wrist was the delicate bracelet that Charissa had so unceremoniously given up that first day.

Her long red hair had been braided into a thick coil about her head, almost forming a fiery crown atop her head. It was fitting of a woman that would soon be a queen, but she didn’t miss the whispers as she moved through the palace to find her father and his council. She would be signing the papers that gave her the lands that were now rightfully hers as a lady of Al’Tir. It was a momentous occasion since very few women had owned land outright in the kingdom.

Her head was aching with all of the pomp and circumstance. By the time her name was scrawled on the bottom of the parchment, she felt a tremendous weight lifted off her shoulders. It was done and she was one step closer to leaving Al’Tir with her love. She spoke with her father briefly, a smile upon her lips as he praised her and told her that she would make a very great queen. His words meant more to her than he’d ever know.

Charissa had taken her attentions after that. Her sister grilled her on whether she was serious about leaving Al’Tir. Did she love Valius? Did she really want to live in Ithilien? Was she happy? It all seemed to be questions that needed answers only for the Queen. Bryn answered vaguely, her heart breaking as she realized that she might not be able to trust her sister so wholeheartedly as she had before.

As evening began to fall on Al’Tir, Bryn wearily made her way to her chambers with Dax following like her shadow as always. She had just settled into her soft sofa to relax when a knock sounded at her door. She sat up, dreading the thought of having to spend time with one more person when Valius stepped through the door.

“I was hoping it would be you.” She sighed as she stood and hurried into his arms, her cheek pressed against his chest as she held him tightly. “I missed you, my lord.”
 
"So that's it then." The meeting was early in the morning, outside the desert sun was just beginning to warm the dunes of the vast waste and the walls of the white city. Valius was there, as were King Aldor, Lord Magnus, Dax, and the desert ruler's generals. They were gathered around a set of maps spread out over a table; markers on them denoting positions of forces; Aldor's, Valius', and the fanatic zealots as the scouts had best been able to determine them. An older general ruffled his mustache with a breath, "I'm not sure I like this plan still. We have always used our walls and our strength of arms to carry the day."

"I don't like this manner of fighting that much either, General," Dax said. Despite not having a rank now, his past position and Aldor's trust of him obviously held weight with the generals. They paid more attention to him and his thoughts than they had to Valius. "But I saw that weapon in action along with King Valius. It blew apart a dune like it was a loose haystack. Our walls might last for a few minutes but those would pound them down in quick order." He gestured to the table, "Flushing them out into the open and destroying them between us and the Ithilien forces is our best move."

Another of them grimaced, "But to put the Bryn Alerum in such danger..."

"She's in danger either way, General," Valius reminded them. They'd already been over this! Couldn't they move on and accept that this was the plan? "The two attacks in the last few days prove that. The enemy is going to come for her. Our choice now is to let them choose when and where to fight or take the initiative ourselves." He held back from saying that such experienced officers should know how important it was to put a battle on your terms if you could. The generals were trying his patience. Yet he knew that Al'Tir's military and soldiers were the most powerful in the known world; he had to remember that. "Don't forget, once we get past the second camp, Bryn won't even be in the main target area."

"Nor will Your Majesty," Magnus reminded him in a gentle but firm tone.

"We'll see," Valius responded in a just as firm but much less gentle voice. The plan was that during the second night, they would mix Bryn in among the female rangers and one of them (he was glad that they had a redhead among their number) would take her place as a decoy. Bryn would ride out with Masha as part of the scouts that would be out to the north and west, the furthest direction from the Glacans. Valius didn't want to ride out with the scouts and be similarly protected; he wanted to be with the rangers when the fight came. Ithilien's kings were fighting kings and always had been.

There were more meetings after that to hammer out the last details of the engagement agreement and alliance, to start the arrangements for the shipments, and even ducking into the brief ceremony where Bryn's nobility and titles were officially bestowed. Then there were more meetings and documents after that. It was a busy day even compared to what the young king was used to and by the time it was over, he felt weary.

But he knew what would put life back into him.

Dax saw him coming down the hallway, Claudius and Masha with him. The guard nodded and gestured to the door, "Her Grace is within and weary."

"I'll try not to trouble her overmuch then," Valius said with a wry grin. He rapped on the door and entered. Bryn rushed to his arms and he beamed as he hugged her tightly to him, her small form so warm and sweet in his arms. "I missed you as well, particularly since I saw you in that dress. You look very, very good in my colors, love. And the cut of the gown is one I very much agree with."

He led her back over to her couch to sit beside her and pull her almost onto his lap. "So, Your Grace, how does it feel to be a Duchess?"
 
Bryn managed a small smile for him as he commented on her dress. “It is a creation that Enna had made. She assured me that it is typical of what women of high class wear in Ithilien. I wanted something in the colors of your house, but she insisted that this was good enough.”

Sitting beside Valius, she felt better about everything. He did much to soothe her spirit when it was flagging and lift her up. “You were at the ceremony? I never even saw you. It would have put my mind at ease to know you were there.”

Bryn was quiet for a long moment, sighing softly as she shook her head. “To tell the truth, I care not that I am now a Duchess. I still feel as if I am the same Bryn. Please promise me, Val, that if my head becomes too big for my shoulders, you will bring me down to earth.”

Leaning her head on his shoulder, she sighed softly. “You should have warned me that Enna enjoys her wine. We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning and everything has just felt so off today. It’s only starting to get better now.”
 
Valius chuckled and nodded, "I promise, but I fear it will be you who has to do the ego deflating in this marriage. You are among the most humble I have ever known, my Bryn. But I am glad your title does not burden you yet; you will have more once we are in Ithilien and wed."

The young king slid an arm about her slender shoulders, "I didn't think of warning you about Enna, but it is true she can drink like a champion. My poor Bryn; your first hangover on top of all of this." He leaned down to kiss her forehead, "I shall have to do better to make sure you are protected against such dangers."

His laughter died quickly however. There were more serious and pressing dangers ahead of them and would be behind them as well, as he could only take from his visit with Queen Sophi that the woman would not stop coming after Bryn. He might have to see that she was dealt with.

Dark thoughts. Ill fitting for what should be a happy time.

"But how are you feeling, my heart? The day of your parting from Al'Tir grows closer and I cannot help but know that it must pain you. What can I do or say that may lessen the hurt at the parting to come? Or, if nothing else, to steal some of the fear of it?"
 
Bryn loved being close to Valius and snuggled against his side as he slid his arm around her shoulder and brought her close. He began speaking on topics that she didn’t know if she could put a voice to. It was hard to talk about leaving Al’Tir and it was true that she was not looking forward to the prospect, but she wanted to be married to him and to do that she needed to be in Ithilien.

“It pains me, Val.” She said in an honest voice, looking up into his grey eyes to confess to him what was in her heart. “I have shed many tears while I have packed. I worry for my father, but I know that I want to be with you.”

She placed her hand gently against his chest and sighed softly. “Al’Tir has been my home for so long and I fear that I will not fit in with the people of your kingdom. It’s childish, I know, but I is very real. I do not want to upset your noble men and women. I do not want to disappoint your citizens.”

“It’s all so easy here in Al’Tir. People know me from their legends. My place here has been very defined, but once I am in Ithilien those roles become murky and blurred. I know I will be your queen. I know I will be your wife. I know in time I will be a mother. But…what more is there?”
 
Valius listened to her speak with patient understanding in his stormcloud eyes. She was giving up so much for him; it moved him deeply to think of it. He heard her fears and her concerns and as she touched his chest, he laid the hand not about her shoulders on that small, pale, fair hand. "My Bryn, what you are willing to do for me is a marvel and I am more grateful for it than I could ever say."

He gave her hand a squeeze, "Your fears are not childish, they're quite understandable. You're going into a wholly new place and in a way you never thought; it seems here that the life of a priestess had already been laid out clearly for you. To have one's plans so disrupted, even if in a joyous way, leads to uncertainty and doubt."

"Do not fear my people, they know you are not of our land and will not know our traditions." He smiled, "We do not fault those who know not and you will learn as we go. We will go among them and meet them and you will come to know us from our simple folk to our high lords."

Valius then turned to her, "This is important, my Bryn, you will be my wife and Queen, and a mother in time, but you will always be your own woman. You will have a place in council and a voice to speak your mind. To be Queen is not merely to be the King's wife and bear his children; you will be a part of the government. Your place is not quite so high as mine, and the King is the final authority, but you will have no small amount of power yourself."

He shook his head, "I say this not to frighten or worry you but to make this point. What more you wish to be is up to you. You will be your own woman, as much as you will be mine and I yours. Many will try to court your influence and power for their causes and some will try to bribe and corrupt you; many more will appeal to you for mercy, traditionally the Queen is seen as more...approachable and compassionate than the King," he said with a soft smile.
 
A smile lit up her features as he did much to soothe her fears about living in Ithilien. Valius was kind and thoughtful, even if he didn’t want to show that side to many people. Their match was most definitely a good one and one that she was looking forward to exploring.

“Then my role of Queen shall be used making sure that you are approachable and compassionate as a King.” She teased, her lips searching for his and sighing as she kissed him gently.

Bryn’s eyes fluttered close as she tasted the pure and simply exotic taste of her betrothed. Kissing Valius, though relatively new, was something she was sure that she’d never get tired off. He lifted her spirits, made her feel loved and cared for. With him, she’d want for nothing.

Breaking the kiss, she sighed, her eyes opening to look into his handsome grey eyes. “And it shall be your role as King to make sure that your Queen is passionate and agreeable to your whims.”

She giggled softly, a smile breaking upon her lips as she thought about the love bite that he’d placed upon her shoulder the night before. It was a deep purple mark that ached slightly, but she wore it with pride.

“I have thought much on our time last evening in the bathhouse.” She whispered softly, their secret shared only between them and no one else what might be listening. “Your mark has made sure to remind me that it is you who holds my heart. My body remembers they way that your lips and hands explored. I have to confess that I loved it very much, Val.”
 
Her kiss was sweet and light at first but deepened into lushness. If it could be bottled, it would be a cure-all for certain; his weariness fell away at that tender press of her lips to his. His smile answered hers as the kiss broke and his eyes were bright. "And a more agreeable duty I have never had, my Queen to be."

He grinned with wicked delight as she confessed to thinking about what they had done last night. It was a whole new perspective on life for the perfect girl but she was adjusting well and eagerly.

It might be too bold for her chambers but Valius wasn't about to put propriety before making her happy.

The forest king suddenly lifted Bryn up and deposited her fully onto his lap, "You've thought about it, have you, my sweet girl?" His voice was low and throaty and his smile sensual, "Felt my mark on you and remembered how I teased your petite, perfect little body until you screamed for me?" He chuckled, "I"m glad. I've thought about it too; of the luscious, sexual woman hidden under your demureness, of the feel of your hands on my body, the memory of your sweet lips sealed around my dick as you tasted me..."

He kissed her this time; hard and hot and passionate,"It's been so hard to focus," he murmured. "To pay attention to business and what must be done, when all I've wanted is to come to your side and make you cry out in pleasure once more."
 
Bryn let out a gasp as Valius’s strong hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her firmly into his lap. She looked up at him with a grin, sighing softly as he whispered sweet and naughty words against her ear in a low whisper. She was trembling under the force of his words, the erotic nature quaking her to the very core.

Then his kiss crashed upon her in the most beautiful way. It was hard, hot, passionate and he sought to capture her soul. She willingly gave into him, her body pressing against his in such an intimate way that Bryn swore she could feel the heat of his body through her clothing.

He broke the kiss but kept her close, more words murmured until she whimpered hotly, her eyes locking onto his storm grey eyes that were promising her so much at that very moment. She shivered again as his hand traced over the curves of her body that were put on perfect display by her new dress.

“If it is my dress that has incited such lust in you wait until you see me in my new Ranger uniform.” Bryn whispered back to him, giggling as his breath faltered and his arms snaked just a bit tighter around her body. “I think Enna takes great pleasure in thinking of ways to drive you insane.”
 
Valius chuckled low as he bent his head to nuzzle at Bryn's neck, her long red hair tickling and teasing his nose. He'd never had anyone before that he loved to just hold this way; every touch, event he most incidental and minor was a joy to him. "I have no doubt of it. Enna loves to tease, as I'm sure you've learned, and she'll delight in teaching you to do the same."

He kissed down her neck now, "Teach you to turn every glance into an invitation, to make every movement enflame my mind and body." His lips strayed lower to pressed against her collarbone, just above the cleavage her dress offered up so well. "You do well enough already, but with her tutelage, I'm not sure either of us will ever leave the royal apartments."

"I can't wait to see you in your uniform." He grinned up at her, "You know, as a ranger, you are under the king's command and wait upon his leisure. Be careful how much you tease then or I may abuse my authority a little." He winked, "Or a lot, depending on how much it delights us both."
 
Back
Top