"Rebuild": A Zombie Survival RP

Ria
Piles and cars.


Three groups of three were busy dragging zombies to a new pile; about ten to fifteen formed a good pile, four side by side, some gas on them, and the next on op of them. Always some gas on the layers, just as you put some béchamel between the layers of a lasagna.

We walked over to the parking lot, watchful looking around us, still some zombies around, but they already were aiming for the first fire. Once again it proved slow movements were the most important.

Thomas selected a car, a pick -up. The door was open, and the key was in the ignition. There was no other car with an open door, but some bodies were lying nearby. Clothes with bones in or around them to be more exact.

Bart put his fingers in a few pockets, and came up with several sets of keys. he pushed a button, and a car started to blink. We had two cars. He pushed some more though, and another car started to blink as well.

"This a Volvo," he grinned, handing an other key at Dan.

"Would we have enough cars to block the path between the Knihgt and the Theater annex too?" I asked a bit anxious. "It would be great, if we could block that too ..." After a short discussion, Dan and Thomas decided they would take a car each and complete the block between the Knight and the Museum, while Bart and I would drive one around the Knight to block the path I had talked about before. Thomas and Dan then would join is with one more car, because it would be safer for four to walk back to the entrance.

Slowly Bart and I drove up to Paul, Andrea and TD who just had dropped a cadaver on the pile.

Quietly I told them what we wanted to do. Andrea sighed, TD look around nervously and Paul looked pleased.

"Good idea!" he whispered.

"I wish Cassandra and Cramer would stop shooting," Andrea sighed. "We cleaned the plaza, but they keep adding new ones to drag away. Maybe we should start a pile on the lawn in front of the Knight?"

Sighing I told her to do so and Bart started the engine again.

Suddenly I gasped. Max! This wasn't true! This couldn't be true! There were two cargo doors in the side of the Knight, big enough a small truck could drive through them, and we had been carrying everything in over the stairs, out in the open! These doors would open into the big off-limmits area behind the hospital. Why in heaven's sake hadn't Max told us about them?

"We'll use these doors from now on!" I told Bart, who was fiddling with the radio. I hadn't even noticed we had rounded the back and were now standing between the Knight and the annex.
 
Cramer hears a survivor.

Lowering my AR-15 glanced at Cassie as if she'd lost her marbles, she was singing a parody of Dolly Parton's 9 to 5. Crazy but fitting being she more than gave her a run for the money, in cup size that is not her singing voice. I thought what the hell I'd never since a duet with Dolly, so I sang along quietly as good zombie killers should.

Lifting my weapon with the safely clicked on I scoped out Ria, she was really pissed about something pointing at my truck. It looked to me that maybe she mistook my maroon Chevy, for the dark red Ford Deacon and Derry got into. All I knew is I was doing what was asked of me. ''Why thank ye Cassie for the compliment and a fine duet.'' I only laughed but when Cassie laughed her abundant breasts jiggled awhile, she would turn out to be a good friend being there was no attraction between us.


I tell Cassie I'm going downstairs could she hold the fort, she grins and nods going back to her position. ''Abe...Terse be alert! Listen to Cassie...she knows what she's doin.'' Slinging my AR-15 over my right shoulder going down the roof hatch, trotting downstairs meeting skip I ask if he'd take my place on the roof.

Heading for the supply room to gather the plants, seeds, soil, manure and supplies, suddenly a voice came through the air vent for the non public areas. I stood at least a minute thinking I'm hearing things, but hear a voice again and climb up on a stack of lumber beneath the vent. ''Hello? I am with the survivors in the public area of the library...are you alright in there?'' Waiting not hearing anything else I climbed down from the lumber, walking at a fast pace I yell out for Max someone tells he's in his shop. ''We have a survivor in the non public area in the Knight ya'll!''

Sticking my head through the shop door I repeat what I said, Max had his ring of what looked like 100 keys on it as he climbs the stairs. ''Hey I'm coming I'm coming...hold your horses Cramer!'' Grinning at Max I can't resist joking with the guy ''By the time you get up here they'll look like Norman Bates Mama.'' Thankfully he had a good sense of humor. ''Where did you hear this survivor smart ass?''

Replying as we walk shoulder to shoulder, Norah and several other follow talking amongst themselves ''Supply room Max through the air duct.'' Max enters the supply room and climbs up on the stack of lumber yells into the vent. ''Hello anyone trapped in the non public areas?'' The voice I'd heard everyone else had this time as Max yells into the vent again. ''If you're hurt beat on something once if not twice.'' We didn't hear anything being banged on for an answer, so Max shakes his head climbing off of the lumber.

''We're just going to have to go into the non public areas and find them.'' I nodded agreeing with Max completely ''Norah could ye git some bottled water, food and a first aid kit please?'' Max would ye git a few men to join us?...might be zombies keeping the person trapped.'' He nods leaving the supply room with me right behind him, Max found TD coming out of the Mens room and Hunter making arrows on a bench. So Myself TD Hunter Max and Norah were off to the rescue, all armed for a fight if necessary with my bat in hand.
 
Last edited:
Derry and Deacon

As Deacon drove I looked for the gunshop, but also saw the world as it was now. I saw many dead bodies laying where they had fallen or been overtaken. It made me feel grim, that even though I knew the Zombies were just as much victims as their prey I still knew they had to be taken down at every opportunity. The people that they once were, were gone, now they were just bags of walking flesh, with no minds ...just raw hunger. It was frightening when I thought about it too much. I had to get my mind on something else.

Still keeping my eyes on the various stores and shops as we slowly drove down the main street, I quietly spoke to Deacon,

"Well Deacon, I am wondering about you, when I first saw you I was terribly jealous. You had that wonderful crossbow and obviously knew how to use it. That is what drew me to you...at first but now I just find you an interesting person. Want to tell me more about yourself? Of course if you don't I understand, some people are more private then others."

I saw that he was thinking about what he wanted to say, when I spotted a gunshop. It was a small shop, the usual mom and pop type operation, but I was sure it would have most of the basics we were looking for. I pointed at it,

"There's a small gunshop, drive up close so we can see if it's been broken into or if anyone is inside. I think we have to be careful now."

Looking up and down the street as Deacon parked in front of the shop, my heart starting beating faster now. The coast was clear for the moment, now I just hoped we could get into the shop without attracting hungry Zombies. I wiped my sweaty palms on my knees as I opened the truck door and eased myself out.
 
Deacon

I was wondering why they were the only two driving, then I saw that the others were still piling zombies onto each other. A few zombies shambled into the way, but bounced harmlessly off of the front. As Derry asked her question, I had to admit that I felt slightly disappointed that it was the bow which attracted her, but what else would it have been? I was on the verge of telling her about my life before, when she spotted the shop. It looked intact and the sign said Open, that meant no need to break down a door or break a window,

"Don't close the door."

I slipped out of my side, keys in ignition in the On position, taking a deep breath I drew a machete and after looking around for a short while, we slipped to the door. I checked and found no electric chime, just an old-school bell. Easing the door open as to not make the bell chime, we slipped in and I slowly closed the door behind us. All I could smell was gun oil and leather. Motioning for Derry to wait I creeped forward, the shop was empty as was the back. I rose from my crouch and walked to the front,

"All clear for now"

I grabbed a few of the things I needed for the crossbow, pointed out the ammo that Cramer wanted and after taking down the bell, went outside. Dumped the things onto the back and went back inside, there were camo coveralls, hats, jackets and various other clothing in one corner. We grabbed as much as we could and dumped it on the back as well,

"I'll be right back."

Slipping in for the last time, I brought the small turning machine that I had noticed, outside, the sucker was heavy and for a few moments I was happy for the hard work I had done in the past. Luckily Derry opened the tailgate and I slipped the machine onto the back. Taking deep breaths I glanced around,

"Now just one small errand and we can go."

The plan only popped into my head when I saw the display, across the street there was a shop, in it's windows solar panels on display. I glanced at Derry,

"I think we should get as much panels as we can manage, along with that some batteries, regulators and invertors, so if the power goes, we will be ready."
 
I nodded my head when Deacon told me to leave the truck door open, seconds later I was following closely behind him. Once inside I couldn't help but take a deep breath and sigh. I waited while Deacon checked the place out for any danger. I watched him move like a big cat, thinking, (it must be the hunter in him), a few minutes later he walked back speaking quietly,

"All clear for now."

Deacon pointed out various things we would need and I just loaded up my arms and went back and forth a few times until we had pretty much most of the supplies we had on our list. Then I decided to go back one more time to search through what was left of the pile of camo coveralls. Most of them were large or extra large that we had taken to the truck. I was hoping to find some, that would fit us women. Nothing...then I spotted a box under the shelf I pulled it out and opened it. Inside were more camo cloths, but not coveralls, these were t-shirts, and tight fitting stretch pants of various sizes. I pulled out a set of small...knowing these were exactly what I'd been looking for.

With a big smile on my face I turned in time to see Deacon lifting some kind of heavy machine, grabbing the box of clothes I rushed out and was able to put the tailgate down before he got to the truck. He heaved it up and slide it onto the back, trying not to make too much noise. Taking some deep breaths he then said in what I was coming to know as his quiet voice,

"Now just one small errand and we can go."

While still keeping alert I put my box beside the machine and replied,

"OK...but I just have to go back inside....won't be but a minute."

I dashed back, grabbed the clothes I had set aside, undoing the snaps of my coveralls as I stepped behind some shelves. I slipped out of my coveralls and took the pants, got them on, wiggling them over my hips. They fit like a second skin, but were very comfortable when I moved. Next I pulled the t-shirt over my head and was now set. Grabbing the coveralls, I just quickly rolled them up and dashed back out to the waiting Deacon.

"I hope you don't mind, but I think I blend in better in these clothes then the orange coveralls I had on. Your lucky you found a green one that fit you. I could see him looking me up and down. As I waited for his reaction I hoped he wasn't too annoyed at me. I soon realized he had made good use of the time while I was inside, because he replied as his head nodded for me to look across the street,

"I think we should get as much panels as we can manage, along with some batteries, regulators and inverters, so if the power goes, we will be ready."

I looked in the direction he indicated, eyes widening with interest,

"Great idea...let's get all we can, it's only a matter of time before the power does go out,.... unless some miracle happens."
 

Attachments

  • Derry ...jpg
    Derry ...jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Ria
Blocks and batteries, and ...


Bart kept fiddling with the knobs, and suddenly a soothing baritone was telling us to stay inside, to close all doors and windows, to hide in a cellar, attic, bathroom with no window, or a panic room. Help was on the way, don't panic. When the voice started its sermon anew, we looked at each other, shaking our heads.

"A loop," Bart said. "It will tell only that until the power fails. What doors you were talking about?"

I explained him the deliverance doors, cargo doors I had spotted at the side of the Knight. I still wondered why Max hadn't told us they were there. It would have been so much safer if we had been able to enter a cargo bay with the cars, even if a big truck couldn't enter, it was still much safer to drive it up to the door to unload. No-one would have to leave the protection the Knight's walls offered to unload.

We discussed it for a little while, none of us could explain why Max hadn't told us about those doors, except that maybe he never thought about them, because his duties didn't include jobs inside off-limits areas other than those in which supplies for his duties were stored.

My phone vibrated. Thomas had texted me, telling he and Dan had filled the gap, they had needed another car to do so, that they had taken out the batteries and some tools and things from those cars and brought them inside the Knight, that they were now hunting for two cars to come to us, since they thought it safer to return in a car instead of walking around while we were carrying a batterie and other things.

"Well, we simply have to wait for them to arrive then. We could use the time to do some more of what we did before," Bart grinned. "It wouldn't be as comfortable as before, and I am not sure if I am as flexible now as I was at sixteen, but we could give it a try?"

It took me a few seconds to process his words and when I had succeeded, a bright blush spread over my cheeks.

"Now? Here? With zombies watching?"

"No quick moves, and none of that delicious moaning of yours and we would be safe ..." he whispered in my ear, as his right arm slipped around my shoulder and his hand slowly stroked my thigh.

I turned in my seat, hiding my burning cheeks against his shoulder as my arms circled around his waist and shoulder. It felt good.

"If I close my eyes, I won't see the zombies ..." I whispered against his shoulder. A shaking under my face told me he chuckled, and the vibrations in my neck, were his lips lay on my skin, told me the same.

Stroking me his hand wandered up and down my side, pausing to caress the side of my breast, until his fingers finally buried themselves in my short hair. It was long enough though that he could pull my head away from his shoulder, kissing my forehead, my eyes, the tip of my nose until his lips kissed mine.

We were (at least I was) lost in what followed. The dance of our tongues and bodies was as hot and sensual as before, it seemed nothing had happened between our first kiss and our second, only a few seconds to breath maybe.

A knock at the window, a voice, made me yelp, Bart pushing my head down in his lap (something hard throbbed most invitingly against my face), pulling his pistol and screaming an insult. "What are you two up too?" the voice had said slowly dawned on me.

"It is Thomas," I murmured against Bart's loins.

"I know!

What do you want?", he snapped, putting his pistol back in the holster.

"We are ready? To take the batterie from this car? If you are ready to leave it, that is. If you need some more time we could wait, Dan and I? Not much zombies around, you could take your time. We would wait." Thomas was gleeful, and Dan's shoulders were shaking, I saw when I glanced up. Andrea's eyes were wide open, her mouth smiling, her hands in her sides.

Not long after that I had untangled myself from Bart's lap, and we were sitting in a car. They had brought over three, two completed the block between the two buildings.

Some zombies had come close, but no noise and only slow movements had kept them at ambling around aimlessly.

"Five batteries, " Dan said, "I am sure that is enough to keep a freezer working for 24 hours. Load them as soon as they are empty, and things will work nicely."

"How would we load them? Solar panels?" I asked.

"Or by hand. By foot more exact, from a bicycle dynamo. I could rig up some bicycles on a stand, attack the dynamos to a batterie and stationary cycling would load the batteries. Would be a nice exercise to keep us fit as well, " Dan observed.
 
I looked at Derry as she mentioned her clothing change, I paused, blinked...blinked again, swallowed a certain lump down my throat and gave her a small grin.

"Looks comfortable."

We headed across the street, there was no movement, which was good. The door to the shop stood open, motioning to Derry to stay close I slipped inside, some of the shelves had been overturned, yet there was no blood and no bodies, the people seemed to have fled fast and without thought. I looked around, it was an electric shop, it held all the electrical supplies needed for what he had in mind. Talk about luck, he smiled and moved carefully down the aisles, getting a few things we needed, wires, wire strippers and crimpers.

When I had picked up all the loose stuff we needed, we moved the stuff out to the truck. Then we returned, next was the heavier things, the solar panels would be last. I kept Derry close, she would be able to detect danger and warn me, the invertors came first, they were really heavy and it took me some time to carry the four I wanted to take along. Next came the batteries, time was slipping away, but we needed these things and it had to be done.

When I finally placed the last solar panel onto the back of the truck I was peeved. I looked at Derry and breathed a sigh,

"Damn, I hope you can drive back. I'm exhausted."
 
Ria

We drove back to the main entrance and left the car. Half an hour had passed, the cadavers were gone, three nice piles blazing and the Knights had retired or were doing so, since John and Skip still stood in an open door. Some children behind them.

Thomas parked the car in way that closed a gap, now both stairs were nearly blocked, only some small gaps were open between some cars. A human could pass. I hoped a zombie wouldn't see it. We all had climb out at the driver side to be inside the protective ring. The van we had used in the morning was parked in the second row. The party van too.

I looked from the children to John.

"They needed some fresh air. The roof is do dangerous."

"We could build a fence around it, " Dan said while looking up to roof. Cassandra was just visible from below.

"Yes," I said. "We will build a fence around it. Quite quickly too. The kids can kick some balls over it first, then we'll fence a part in. And then the kids will kick more balls over the edge and we will ad to the fence, until the lower part is fenced in. We don't want onlookers to realize we are building a defense up there. We can ad some of the desks we don't need, and some other things which will look like plunder but are bolted to the roof or the wall. Lets get inside and build a park."

Shooing the kids inside I took my phone and messaged Derry to tell her they had to drive up to the loading dock and not to the main entrance.
 
Gunshops and Zombies

Being satisfied with Deacon's comment on my outfit, I then followed him across the street looking over my shoulder before slipping inside the shop. After having a quick look inside the shop, I could see that Deacon was satisfied that there was no immediate danger. From the slight smile on his lips I saw that he was happy we had taken the time to come in here. As he walked down an aisle he started to pick up various items.

Not having much knowledge on anything electronic, I just picked up a shopping basket and walked behind him. Whatever he pointed at, soon found it's way into my basket, he too found one of those baskets and in no time we had both filled to the brim. We went cautiously outside and stashed our goods in the back with all the other stuff. It was becoming quite the horde.

When we got to the heavier things, I tried to pick one up and carry it, but Deacon told me to just be the lookout, I would probably hinder more then help if I tried carrying the heavy stuff. I sort of resented that, but someone needed to be watching for danger. So I sighed and nodded my head in acceptance. I could help with the doors and so on as I kept a lookout. Soon he had what he called the inverters, then the batteries in the truck. I could see he was getting tired by now, so quietly suggested,

"Why don't we ...or you rest? Catch your breath? So far we have been lucky....a few minutes rest won't do any harm."

But he would have none of it, mumbled something about running out of time as he went about carrying the solar panels. I heaved a sigh of relief when he finally slid the last one in, looked at me with a sigh of his own and said,

"Damn, I hope you can drive back. I'm exhausted."

I grinned and replied,

"You bet I can drive, now let me help you into the passenger side."

I took his arm and realized since he didn't fight me, that he was near the end of his strength, I was amazed that he had been able to carry all that heavy equipment. It must be important or he would have come back for it another time. Once inside the cab, I quietly closed the door, as I turned to go around to the driver's side, a Zombie came out of nowhere!

I was able to jump out of it's way just in time, looking quickly at the window I signalled Deacon to stay put. I whipped out the machete and started swinging. Gods but I hate blood and gore, that is why I never watched murder mysteries on TV. Anyways, I backed up until I hit the wall of the gun shop, raised the machete and when the thing went for me I let it have it.

The machete cleaved the creature right through the breast bone....YUK! My brand new T-shirt had gore all down the front of it. I thought, (Why didn't I just leave my coveralls on?) I wiped the machete on the fallen body and ran around to the driver's side of the truck, where Deacon had already opened the door for me.

Turning the keys with a shaky hand, I put it in gear and slowly pulled away from the awful scene. Killing up close and personal was far different then shooting arrows from a rooftop. I looked over at Deacon for a few seconds before saying with a frown,

"This may sound callus, but Geezz ...I just put these new clothes on not 30 minutes ago. Now how am I going to get all this gunk off of my brand new T-shirt?"

I knew I was just trying not to think about what I had just done to what used to be a human being. In spite of myself a single tear slide down my cheek. I kept on driving towards Knights.

Suddenly my cell phone buzzed, It was hooked onto the top of my T-shirt..laying on my chest. I unlatched it and handed it over to Deacon,

"Want to answer that for me?"

After a few seconds, Deacon handed it back replying,

"That was Ria....they want us to drive up to the loading dock and not to the main entrance."

I nodded as I refastened my cell phone it wouldn't be long now, just a few more blocks.
 
Last edited:
Just as we were getting ready to head into the non public areas, Ria walks into the Knight with Bart behind her. I motion for Max and the others that were going with me to wait ''Be right back ya'll.'' wading my way through the kids dodging a few with a chuckle. ''Ria...just the gal I wanted to see..we have survivors in the non public areas Darlin.'' She still looked a little pissed at me about something, but when I mentioned the survivors calling her Darlin I saw the grim smile of hers. "Me Max TD Hunter and Norah were going to have a look see.'' Just as I'd said this they were on both sides of me impatient to help the survivors we'd all heard. ''See...we're really ready to go help these people now.''

Ria was obviously going with us and where Ria went, like Mary's little lamb Bart was sure to go. Yeah that's right I thought that exact thing, along with Ria punching me if I'd have actually said it out loud. So Me Ria Bart Max Hunter TD and Norah head into the non public areas of the Knight, telling Ria bout how myself and everyone with us had heard voices from the supply room vent. That nobody had replied to Max and my yelling out didn't receive a reply, they very well could have been trapped by a zombie.

Hunter with drawn compound bow and I had my bat cocked to take out a zombie or crazed survivor, Max unlocking each door as quietly as possible we searched the offices. A small employees lounge was our next room to search, the door was silently unlocked but refused to budge when pushed. A chair was wedged under the knob or a heavy desk blocked it, letting Ria through the take the roll of diplomat for the Knight. I just let her do her thing being I was not the most patient man alive, she was very good at communicating with people especially frightened ones.

There we gasps of shock weeping and soothing voices from inside the lounge, Ria told them our names and that they were safe could they unblock the door. Excited voices frantically discussed doing what Ria asked them to do, one female voice brought it to a quick end saying we'll starve locked away. ''Ok...we'll unblock the door for you now...do you have first aid we have a few cuts and scraps." I place my hand on the small of Norah's back guiding her forward. ''You up for this Darlin?'' She nodded shyly but eagerly because she was a caring young woman willing to help another.

It was Ria and Bart's turn to smile at Norah and myself if not for the same reason, the desk was slid out from in front of the door with TD and my help pushing the door open. A 35ish honey blonde blue eyed male without his jacket and tie stepped back seeing our weapons, the one that was in charge was a redhead with green eyes also in business attire. A 20 something goth chick with red streaked black hair, mascara smeared from crying made her dark eyes look as a raccoon. Two more was a middle aged middle eastern couple in modern muslim dress, they were the ones to speak when the door was open saying ''Allah Akir! thank you for coming for us.''

The female in charge while they assumed they were trapped, she spoke up introducing herself and the others. ''I'm Louise Smith..this is Phil Jones..the young ladies Adder Black so she says and Mr. and Mrs. Ashthuli. We're so glad you came..we saw what was happening and barricaded ourselves in here.'' Norah steps into the room to cleans and bandaged goth girls cuts. ''Fuck me that burns!'' Yep goth gal speaks I thought with a grin, Norah bites her bottom lip to keep from giggling despite herself. Nobody else was in need of first aid as Phil shook my hand along with everyone else ''Have you seen a redhead with blue eyes about 5'6'' black pantsuit?'' I didn't know and said as much to the guy as Ria was ushering everyone out back towards the Lobby.
 
Last edited:
Ria
Surprises


''Ria...just the gal I wanted to see..we have survivors in the non public areas Darlin.''

Surprised I mustered Cramer. I had been afraid, and hoping, there would be people hiding in there, three days now. Worried and angry at myself and Max, (why hadn't we checked those areas as well as the rest of the Knight? Off-public meant something in the days before the zombies came, I remind myself as we walk into the beehive behind the door Max now opened for us. Arms at the ready we proceeded onward cautiously. We entered offices, some were locked, some open, filled with lots of filing cabinets and desks, wardrobes, closets, some with a small fridge in them and a fauteuil or two, a sofa even. We entered a meeting room with a big table and about twenty hairs around it and a big sideboard along a wall. We discovered the 'garage' with the two big doors I had seen from outside.

"We'll use this to unload from now on," I whispered to Max. He nodded, a slightly ashamed expression on his face.

"I forgot about them," he apologized. "We only used them maybe once a day, and I had to help only seldom to load waste in a van, mostly I just deposited sacks here. The librarians who unloaded the new books or supplies would stack supplies for the maintenance staff to the side here (he pointed at a wall) and we would get it then."

"Max, I do understand, but I am still angry. It never came to my mind to ask you about a cargo bay. And I have been around libraries my whole life. I even worked in one during a semester break once. I should have thought about it. The voices Cramer heard couldn't have come from this side though, they must have come from inside offices."

Of course we found the survivors in the last room we came upon. We only knew we found them, because the door wouldn't open, even after Max had found the right key.

Two men, one about my age, three women, one young, one younger and one about my age. Five pairs of hands to help -if they would stay. They seemed healthy enough, hungry, but not harmed except the girl who called herself Adder Black. She had only a few scratches and bruises though.

After I made sure she didn't get them from fighting zombies I let Norah clean them.

We headed back to the lobby. I was lost in thought, two bulky doors lead into the cargo bay, I wondered if they would 'keep' if someone broke into the outer doors.

"Max, go back with TD and take a look at the garage doors, lock them. How many keys do you have for them and the inner garage doors? It might be a good idea to hand team a set if they go outside. That way they could enter the bay if they need to. Bring back some of the fridges we saw, I saw two, maybe I missed one. Bring them into the larder. Carla will have a use for them. Or Lee. I am sure he would love to sort the vaccines and other medication Derry and Cassandra brought better. Food storage is a priority though."

The five newbies swiveled their eyes around unbelievingly when they entered the lobby and saw we had changed it into a dinner area. Carla sat at the check out desk, writing lists, and jumped up when came near.

"Do sit down first, have some milk, maybe a little bit of cornflakes. Then someone will show you the spare clothes we have, please select only one set each for now, and then have a shower, a nap, what ever you need until your stomachs are settled and happy to have some more cereals. Don't eat too much though, dinner will be at seven or eight, Carol will tell later when it will be exactly."

A bit insecure they sat down, Norah and Carla got them glasses, bowls spoons, milk and cereals. I wanted to know what skills they had, but decided to wait until later.

"You could also come up to the research area after you are comfortable again, most of us will be there with Cramer, to build a park," I said instead. "Carla, will you make sure they get what they need and tell them about us? Introduce them to someone and ask said someone to show them around and get them a spot where they can lay their head down. I am going with Cramer now."

I laid my hand on Cramer's arm, Bart had laid my other hand on his arm, and the three of us steered towards the park, chatting about what skills the new ones would have, wondering how the garden layout would be, me telling them the ideas Carla had, about a playground for the kids, chess tables and a ballgames court.

"Maybe we should get rid of the shelves of the reference collection, the shelves would be good in the pantry and to store the clothes and toiletries on in the 'shop' room beside my room, don't you think? It would open the place. Make it more of a place to relax and play in, I think. We could use some of the books in the collection to support the higher parts of the ponds. They are designed to be supported by earth all the way on the outside after all, I am afraid they would break or sag if the higher segments aren't supported by something. We don't need 25 dictionaries, or catalogues of museums and such. Citation books ... one or two would be good, the rest could be used for the ponds too. Just make sure someone writes down what books are under which pond, we could find them easily that way if we would need them."

Vince had came up to us as we halted in front of the reference collection and had listened to my monologue as I studied the shelves in front of us, nodding my head at the labels on the sides of the bookcases.

"Ponds are placed a bit randomly, we used some timber to support the edges now, but books, magazine and newspapers would be good too," he said. "By the way, I will sleep in the small room at the "Wired Humanities", Carol and the girls will take that as a bedroom. Cramer, why don't we empty the storage room beside my room for you? Paul and Andrea have been talking about the Edmiston classroom as a bedroom/hangout for some of the guards, they thought it would be good to have some guards stationed on the ground floor as well as some sleeping upstairs. Edna would like to take the small, narrow room beside the ladies toilets in front of the "Map library". She said it would be big enough to have her piano in as well, she is looking into teaching the kids and all that want to play it and the guitars. She would like some flutes and bongos as well. If you would have the time to look for those, Ria, when you go shopping this afternoon, she would highly appreciate it."

My mouth fell open at his last words. His face was unreadable when I looked at him. Cramer chuckled, as did Bart. After a moment in which Vince studied my face, he started to grin.

"A tough old lady she is," he said.
 
I was a little surprised Ria would touch me I expected her grim smile was about it, walking and listening mostly nodding to each good suggestion or quite on the minor details. Stepping out the distance for each artificial pond, yeah we'd have enough room and more with the size of this room. ''Bring a few trees in...a tire swing from a beam in the ceiling...you know we could manage to paint murals on the walls too.'' Now I understood Ria's enthusiasm for a Park atmosphere...we desperately needed some sense of normality to stabilize ourselves.

Hearing the supply room could be my room got my attention, I hadn't even thought about my own and grinned at the thought of it. "I can see it now a Homer Den..with a bed..Lazy-boy recliner..eight point white tail buck on the wall, Norman Rockwell Farm pictures, Faulkner books on the shelf.'' That got a laugh out of everyone as I was catching the Park enthusiasm bug, Ria must be contagious that must be it. Bart put his arm around her it was nice to know that, the gal had a man that could take care of her.

''Next you'll have me building a Zen garden teaching me Tai Chi Darlin...he'll I could stand a little stress reduction.'' I got tickled as the thoughts of me in a chinese silk shirt with a Fu Manchu doing the moves and chuckled out loud about it. ''Oh lordy mercy can you imagine Ria as a Sensai calling us all Grasshopper!'' We all had another good laugh, well I sure did anyway.

After Vince told everyone the nice old lady that looked like my Aunt, she certainly could be anything was possible. I'd have to ask her who's she related to and find out, it would be cool to have a family member around. We definitely had a lot of work to do, but it would really be worth it in the end, if my Kaitlyn could see me now she'd be smiling alright.
 
Last edited:
Deacon

I was surprised at how Derry handled the zombie, of course her remark about the t-shirt brought a smile to my face, girls will be girls. I leaned back into the seat and looked at her,

"Can I ask you two questions? You can choose not to answer."

I waited for her eyes to find mine, of course she had to look ahead again, but I took it as consent. I took a breath and went ahead,

"You have this guarded look in your eyes, much more than one would have towards a stranger...why is that? Like I said, if you don't wish to answer, I'll understand."
 
Ria
Park and ride?


''Bring a few trees in...a tire swing from a beam in the ceiling...you know we could manage to paint murals on the walls too.'' Cramer had said as I chatted about the park.

"Trees would be wonderful! There were some at the Garden Center, weren't there? And I believe I have seen some slides and a swing, and some of those funny animals on a spring, for small children to rock on. And murals ... yes! That would be awesome! A nice project for the winter, we could paint a blue sky with a bright yellow sun on one wall, and a forest on the other. Cramer, do you think we could build a pen for the chickens and ducks here as well? Can they share a pen?"

Cramer's face had lit up when Vince suggested him to take the storage room as a bedroom, and his plans for it put a bright smile on my face. Bart embracing me from behind, his arms crossing under my breast, put a blush on my cheeks, and brightened my smile. I suddenly felt relaxed. I hoped Bart would stay a bit, but if the Doc wanted to leave ... I shook my head. Now was now, and later was later.

"...Zen garden teaching me Tai Chi Darlin ..." said Cramer and ripped me out off my musings.

"I don't know Tai Chi, maybe we have some books about here, there is an Asian section somewhere upstairs. We could teach each other Tai Chi with the help of a book. It might not look like Tai Chi, but we would have fun!" I grinned. "A Zen Garden though, that would be nice. In the Mezzanine? That is a quiet area already. Some nice rocks, some sand. People could rake the sand into nice patterns that would be very nice. Very calming. And maybe very stressful if one made a pattern and sits down to contemplate it and a few moments later someone else starts to rake the sand into an other pattern!" I laughed out loud and leaned my head against Bart's chest.
 
Park and Ride?

"I thought you were the Martial Artist of this here menagerie of us misfits toys?'' And yeah we brung back several fruit trees..Japanese maples..a couple Ficus and a Bonsai tree. ''As I meant it as a term of endearment for everyone, it really explained who we were as a group living in a Library. Stepping to the shelves gathering dictionaries, law books, the north american fresh water fish survey of 1965, yeah this is really in demand literature I thought.

I walked back with a big stack of thick tomes, taking a knee letting out a grunt laying each one out. Noticing there wasn't as bad twinge in my side was a relief, Ria gave me her warning look upon hearing my grunt. ''I know I know..light duty only..this is light duty darlin..Shoulda seen my workload at Cramer's Corner.''

Loosing my balance I was quickly set with a thump on my ass, catching the biggest book a second before took one in the family jewels. The look on my face must have been totally priceless, because when I looked up Ria Bart and Vince we about to crack up. ''Shit far an save tha matches! Sitting back upright crossing my legs Indian style ''Wus a close un huh''? I put the book down very carefully with a sheepish grin ''They say a lil knowledge is a dangerous thang..so is a ten pound book hittin ye in the nuts!''

Arranging the books till I was satisfied Vince and TD pick up the plastic pond ''Duck Homer'' TD said as I duck it passes over my head and into place perfectly. No adjustment was at all necessary as Vince and TD checked, now all we needed was water, Lilly pads and fishes to complete the pond. That was definitely easily done as I uncrossed my long legs, rising to my knees I stood to check it out myself. ''Well...water Lilly pads and fishes...instant pond.''
 
Last edited:
Derry

I glanced sideways at Deacon before watching the road again, nodding my head as I waited for his questions. I was surprised that he had mentioned that I was guarded, not many people noticed that about me. (Did I want to open myself up to a man I barely knew?) I looked at him again, thinking, (Yeah he is a safe man, I don't know how I know this, but that is what my gut is telling me. Besides this is a new world we live in now, have to start trusting otherwise I will be left behind in the dust.)

I smiled at Deacon and started talking,

"You know your the first person that has ever mentioned the fact that I am guarded. I usually come off as a little stand offish with most people. Cassandra being the exception to the rule. I suppose I am a loner at heart, and talking about the heart, I just broke up with a lying cheating son of a ...well you get the gist I am sure. I love my work but do get lonely at times I guess that is why I went out with "Him" in the first place. But I really don't know why I didn't dump his sorry ass the first time I found him cheating on me." I chucked at myself, "I supposed I was too busy with my work to be bothered getting into the dating scene again, so I just kept on forgiving the rat. I don't think I had very deep feelings for him, otherwise I would have been a lot more bothered then I was....in the end I was more angry with myself then at him. I deserve to be treated better then he was ever capable of."

I glanced over at Deacon smiling now,

"And what is your second question?"
 
Last edited:
Ria
Park and worries


Now that the people around me were busy -chatting and having fun planning the park, putting ponds down, quarreling which one would be a pond and which one a garden, placing big plant pots randomly, some were already dragging in trees and shrubbery- I checked my phone. I was a bit worried about Derry and Deacon, I hadn't heard from them since I had sent them my message over half an hour ago.

No new message was waiting for me.

Most 'Knights' were here, Cassandra, Abe and Tersa were still on the roof, and I asked Andrea and Paul to relieve them from their duty. With a sad eye they looked at the fun around them but with a shrug of their shoulders they left.

Bart was helping TD and Cramer with something, and I stroked his arm, told them I needed to speak with Lee.

I really needed to speak with Lee, or more correct, I needed to know, how Peter, Dan and Martins were doing. I hadn't really had time to talk with them, or Lee. I hoped the Doc was still with him, and I hoped they wouldn't talk shop again.

Lost in my thoughts I went to the Hospital.

I noticed the dinner area was empty. Only Carla and Carol were discussing something at the desk.

"Ann is showing them around." Carol told me. "Are you still going to shop later?"

"To shop? You are the second one who calls it that today," I wondered. "Yes, we need an awful lot of stuff, you know that."

She nodded her head.

"We have been working, planning meals trying to establish how long we can live with what we have. We think the food will last six weeks. Two or three days less probably, since we have to feed five more."

"We made a list," Carla said. "We don't have oils, not enough toiletries, we need sugar, salt, preserves, flour, fat, candles, well, basically we still need the same things as we needed before. We have twenty full cartons and seven open ones from the Twix-truck with all kinds of chocolate bars, eight full ones and three open ones with sweets, six full ones and four open ones with all kinds of nuts and chips, and even one carton with Marlborro. Why he had cigarettes in his truck I don't know. That isn't food, but we could hand out some every day, sweets I mean, it would help to reach a reasonable high calorie level and would stretch the food a bit. About a week, ten days longer. That would mean we are okay until the end of October. We will need a lot more, to survive the winter. An awful lot more."

She sounded desperate. I felt desperate.

"Later this afternoon. Edna's place, and her neighbor's. She reckoned we would find a lot of food there," I eased her and mine sorrows. "Maybe for a month? Maybe two? She told me her neighbor had supplies for her complete family for months. What would feed ten persons months, would feed us a month, wouldn't it? That would mean we would have enough until the end of November. We would have vegetables before, that would help to stretch too." I sighed.

"I hope Derry and Deacon are coming back soon, I don't want to leave before they are here." We looked at each other. No-one had anything to say. Carla handed me a list.

"The things we really need to keep the diet balanced," she sighed. She opened her mouth to say something and I shook my head. Quietly I told her, I knew we needed a balanced diet to survive in a healthy manner.

Upon entering the hospital I heard several voices talking quietly.
 
I shook my head as she told her story, a man cheated on her? Not once but numerous times? I knew that I barely knew her, but so far I have seen nothing that would support any need to cheat on her if you had her in your life. For me the fact is that the person you cheat with must firstly be more beautiful and in my mind there wasn't anybody prettier than Derry...of course that man was the kind that liked the blonde bimbo, of that I'm certain. For a while I stared out of the window, then I turned my attention back to her,

"That was the second question,"

I gave her a small smile,

"The first question was to ask a question."

My smile turned to a grin,

"At least if you see him again you can follow that old joke's advice. What do you if you see your ex staggering around in the back yard?"

I waited for her to look at me, cocked my hand in the form of a gun,

"You shoot him again."
 
Doc Lee

Lee had checked everyone’s temperature twice and everyone was back to normal. Daniel had been the last one. Strange … Derry and Cassandra had given him the most anti-biotic and he took the longest. Anyhow, he still wanted Peter and Daniel to stay in sick bay until tonight.

As far as their mental state … Lee had been just listening to them. Peter and Daniel had been doing the most talking. Peter described it the best “you feel like you are a god … nothing can hurt you … but at the same time … you sense everyone is out to get you … to get your god like powers. It is really weird … and when you are in this state … it makes perfect sense to you. Now that I look back on it, I can see how messed up I was …I’m not sure what I can do to make amends.” He said.

It was about this time Ria walked in. Lee gave her a quick status of everyone’s conditions. He said Martin could join the group right away. He wanted Peter and Daniel to wait until after dinner. Then Peter spoke up.

“Ria … I’m really sorry about all the things I did and said. I’m not sure what I can do to make things better … but tell me and I’ll try.” He said.

Daniel, who never said much anyhow, looked at Ria “I’m sorry too … I hope Cassandra will still talk to me” He said simply.

Lee looked over to Ria “Daniel said while he was on the roof …. He actual thought Cassandra was his last girlfriend. He was going to kill her but fainted before he could. They are making a good recovery. Both physically and mentally”
 
Ria
Visiting the sick


Doc was sitting on a chair, a bunch of papers in his lap, Lee sat on the floor, and the three sick men were comfortable leaning against a wall, propped up against cushions and throws. Bare chests showed here and there, naked feet, naked arms. It seemed Lee had been doing the the talking and Doc had taken notes.

“Ria … I’m really sorry about all the things I did and said. I’m not sure what I can do to make things better … but tell me and I’ll try.” Peter said as soon as he saw me entering the room. I needed a moment to process the words I overheard previously, "god-like", "everyone is out to get you at the same time".

"So you were kind of in a manic psychotic stage?" I looked at them, and got a nod from old Doc.

"That seems to be a fairly good description of it," he said, "one I would use too. The better you know someone the sooner you will be able to diagnose what is going on, even before their fever really starts. All three of them told the same. Martins shot his wife, thinking she wanted to kill him. In retrospect he says she only wanted to be comforted by him, because they had to defend themselves against their son and his friend, who had attacked her mother and killed her before they could pull them away from her."

"We left the Stadium very early, decided to go home because the boys were just behaving like little pests," Martin told in a low voice. "I had said we would leave if they wouldn't start to behave normally, so, when they kept being nuisances we had to leave. That they were absolutely stubborn, obstinate on the long walk back to the car, didn't bother us. That my son tried to hit me a few times did bother me, he isn't the hands-on-if-you're-losing kind of person. But we didn't realize something was so completely wrong with them. We just ..." he shook his head as his voice died away, blinking his eyes to get rid of some tears.

"Well, if you all feel fit enough to get up, go to the big classroom beside the pantry/browsing room and find yourself a set of clothes there. Go get a shower, and if you feel up to it go to the research area, Cramer is changing that into a park. But please, don't overdo things. You have been very ill, and just because the fever has gone and you are yourself again it doesn't mean you are well. Take care of yourselves, if you feel tired or weak sit down, lie down, take a rest."

Lee huffed through his nose as I said that, and told me they were fucking strong young males who wouldn't need a special treatment just because they had a bit of fever. Old Doc grinned.

"Well, they are, and they will be soon enough I hope, but Ria is right. Don't overdo it, don't think you are back to normal because you don't feel tired sitting here and talking now. After a shower you might feel worn out. Then get a nap."

I smiled at them. "Peter, it would be really good if you could talk with Tersa and Abe really soon. They seem to be ... well, they kind of liked the idea of having power because a dictator choose them to be his trusted bodyguards. Did anyone fill you in on the last occurrences?"

They shook their heads, shrugged their shoulders.

I sat down beside Lee, leaned my back against the wall, and told them how much food we had, how Cassandra had organized shifts, the cleaning and more, that Carol was head of the kitchen, that the exposition room on the second floor would be a weapons workshop, that John, Skip, Thomas and Norah would bunk up in the classroom there, I told them who else had chosen rooms, I told them about Deacon, about Edna, and about the five we had found in the off-limits. Some of this was news for Lee and old Doc too. Old Doc told about Frank's street, about how they were getting organized, about the trouble they had had last night. Which was new to me. Bart hadn't told me anything about it.

"Well," I said after a while when nobody had said anything for a minute or two, "Go get fresh clothes. Take your time, you still have to rummage through valises and things I am afraid. That room hasn't been changed into a proper shop yet. As soon as Derry and Deacon are back, I will leave with a team, the party van and the Twix-truck, to raid Edna's house and her well to do neighbor's one. We hope to bring back a lot of food and some beds, a lot of mattresses at least, the make-do's won't last for long and we don't ave the material to make more anyway."

Peter started to rise, showing a lot of yummy nude male bits and pieces as he did so, and I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

"You might want to wrap yourself in a towel or throw when you go to the shop," I said a bit husky.

I am sure my face was as red as Peter's as he froze mid-movement and looked at me. Our eyes locked for a moment and then he grinned.

"You think so?" he said throaty and flashed a seductive smile at me which made me blush even deeper and giggle.

"Yep!"
 
Cramer's good deed for the day.

Taking a break a few minutes from the park work I made my way to the kitchen, getting a cold coke from the freezer before it froze. Leaning against the wall against the wall I say hey to the ladies, they tell me Peter Daniel and Martin's fever had broken and were awake. ''Well that's a piece of good news alright...I know we didn't get along but I glad he's getting better.'' They nod understandingly with a smile for me, I grin before taking a swallow of my drink. ''Think I'll go pay em a little friendly visit...take care now ladies.''

With me drink in hand I head to Doc Lee's sick bay as it's called now, upon reaching it I poke my head inside. The guys were leaning with their backs against the wall covered with blankets and talking to Ria. Hearing Peter and Daniel apologize for their crazy behavior, I now understood why they were behaving that way. ''Hey guys...glad to see ye back with us again. How ya'll feelin?''

Peter seemed surprised to see me which was completely understandable, stepping into the room I took a knee beside him. Offering my hand he shook in with a firm grip looking me in the eye, that was a very good sign his strength was returning but he wasn't 100% yet. He knew I'd heard his apology but was attempting to again, raising my hand to stop him from doing so and pat his shoulder. ''No need for that Peter...you were sick and not in you right mind. He nods feeling bad over his actions as well as Daniel.

I turned offering my hand to Daniel he shook it firmly as well, doing the same with Martin I introduce myself. ''Cramer Grimes Martin pleased to meet you Sir.'' He shook me hand as well but only nods, with a sad expression on his face. The poor man had been through hell and his haunted eyes showed it, so I stood to let them go on with whatever they needed to do. ''Ya'll take it easy now ye hear?''

Doc stepped in front of me and says ''Why the hell didn't you let me examine your fucking ribs asshole?'' I couldn't help but grin as I sat down on his makeshift examination table, remove my red flannel shirt revealing tapped up ribs. ''Hell Doc...by the time you got back they weren't hurting much.'' He just gave me a dirty look shaking his head. ''Bullshit!...you could have punctured a lung you redneck!''

Pulling off the tape suddenly I wince as body hair went with it, pressing around my ribs I grunt when he found a sore spot. ''After you take a shower get your ass back here...those ribs need to be taped up again.'' I put my red flannel shirt on again noticing Ria smirk, I grin at her shrugging as I button my shirt. ''Can I go now Doc..or do you want to cuss at me a lil more?'' He glares at me and points ''Out of my sick bay you redneck asshole!''
 
Last edited:
Derry and Deacon coming in with a full load!

Deacon was so funny when he gave me his advise on "How to handle your X". I looked at him when he cocked his hand and said,

"You shoot him again."

I burst out laughing, then smiled at him, replying,

"You know it felt good to get that off my chest and your advise ...well I think I can put it all behind me now. What's done is done, there is no use in beating myself up over it anymore. I just want to concentrate on the now...forget about the past."

By then I had driven up to the loading doors, turned and carefully backed up as close as I could get it. Deacon used his cell phone to let Ria know we were ready to unload, then he quickly jumped out of the truck helping with the doors. I watched out for any wayward Zombies as the guys swiftly unloaded all the equipment that we had gotten. As soon as the doors were shut Deacon came back to the cab jumped and let me know they wanted the truck parked at the front again.

Putting it in gear, I smiled giving Deacon the thumbs up,

"I think we had a very good haul today, let's go get some well earned dinner, but first I want to see if I can find another T-shirt like this one. Second I need to get a quick shower looking down at the drying green gore on my chest. Do you want to meet me in the dinning area say in about twenty minutes?"

To my surprise....Deacon pulled out a crumpled up T-shirt he had been hiding behind his back replying,

"Is this what you wanted?"

I reached over taking the shirt, when I checked the size...he even had that right. I gazed at him for a minute before leaning over and kissing him on the cheek,

"What a surprising man you are! But yes, it's perfect thank you so much,... let's get this truck parked, as soon as I get cleaned up, I will meet you for dinner....OK?"
 
I did think that she would want a new t-shirt since the one she wore had some of the zombie's blood on it, the kiss though did surprise me and it made me smile,

"Yes I'll be there."

After parking the truck and making our way to the front door, it actually surprised me that there wasn't much going on in the form of zombies around the Knight. I shrugged it off and went hunting for Ria. I asked around and pretty soon I found her and Cramer along with other men in a room, after brief introductions I spoke to Ria in a hushed tone,

"Derry and I found clothing, it's hunting gear, but should help. I also found a small turning machine, so if I can find the proper metals I can make sound supressors. We also managed to secure power cables, clamps, amp meters, volt meters, soldering irons, regulators, three invertors, twenty batteries and around forty solar panels..."

I scuffed my foot,

"Kinda lost count towards the end, I thought that we would need them once the power goes down."

I turned to Cramer,

"Brought your goodies as well."

I glanced at my watch and then excused myself, it was almost time to meet Derry
 
Cramer and Norah have supper plans

Seeing Deacon walk in to talk to Ria about what he and Derry brought back, finished with the third pond I joined them. Catching the last of their conversation I slap the big man on the shoulder ''Sounds like you and Derry brought in a big haul.'' Deacon turned to me saying ''Brought your goodies as well.'' I grin glad to hear that being I was down to 20 rounds. ''Thanks big man appreciate it...think we can manage a 1911 suppressor?'' He gave a nod as he checks his watch, excusing himself he left the park room.

Ria was obviously thinking of the way to put everything into use, reaching up I wave my hand past Ria's eyes. ''Penny for your thoughts darlin?'' I drop my hand crossing my arms over my chest, she'd usually give me a smile when I said darlin. She replied with her slightly accented English about a few things, I nodded as she spoke to me about all of it. ''Anything you need me to do just holler'' I got a nod and left.

Having not seen Norah in awhile and it was dinner time, I wanted to have dinner with her kind of a date. Finding her talking with Carla and Edna, holding a finger to my lips silences Carla and Edna, sneaking up behind Norah covering her eyes. ''Guess who?'' She was startled with a giggle, my southern drawl gave me away. ''Umm..Robert Pattinson?'' I said ''Oh good lord not a Twilight Vampire...Guess again.'' She plays along laughter in her voice. ''Umm...Taylor Lautner?'' I said ''Seriously a Twilight Werewolf? Last guess.'' She mischievously reaches back feeling along my sides with her hands. ''Umm...It's Cramer!''

I chuckle uncovering her pretty eyes, wrapping my arms around her waist hugging her, Carla and Edna and Norah all laughing out loud. ''How did you guess...what gave me away? My question asked Norah turns around in my arms, she puts her arms up around my neck. ''You might not know this...but you do have a thick southern drawl.'' With a look of mock surprise at Norah, this would get more giggles from the ladies. ''I really do?...I thought everyone else had the accents.''

Norah's big doe eyes twinkle as she looks into mine, a big grin to my face as my eyes met hers. ''Well..I actually think it's nice.'' Tightening my arms around her in hug, I chuckle slowly nodding my head. ''I'm glad you think so Norah.'' Edna starts to stand as Carla helps her to her feet, they excuse themselves politely strolling away. ''The reason I'm here Norah is to ask if you'll have supper with me?''

Returning my hug I'd given her a moment ago, she blushes with a shy smile slowly nodding her head. ''Yes I'll have supper with you Cramer.'' I grin broadly at her accepting my invitation. ''It's a date!..let me git a shower and I'll meet you there ok?'' Norah giggles turning my shoulders toward the showers. ''Go on Mr. stinky hurry up.''

Head to the showers getting a change of clothes, towel, soap and shampoo, pull off my boots undressed quickly. Got into the shower washing my body and hair hurriedly but thoroughly, step out drying my body and hair. With my towel wrapped around my waist, didn't notice Norah had been peeking around the door.

Pulling on my own clean jeans and a new camo tshirt, sitting on a nearby chair put socks on then my boots. Tossing the towel along with my dirty clothes in the big bin, run a brush over my hair as it was getting longer. Norah was long gone by the time I gathered my toiletries into it's bag, putting it in a place labeled with everyones names, that done I head off to supper with Norah.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top