Writing Goal for the Day?

I got the USB sync cable for my Treo yesterday, but broke it when I tried to take it off the device. So whatever I enter into my Treo at work won't be synced to my computer until I get a cradle for it... (13 days til payday then have to wait for shipping... arg!)

Just got my second cell phone for my plan -- it's never easy -- and am now stuck wondering if I should get different phones. I got Pantech Jest 2s b/c they were free. Not great reviews overall, but not bad (apparently) for talking and texting, which is all I want. Still, now not sure, which is stressful which interferes with writing. Wow, do I need a weekend.

Aaaaaggghhhh!
 
What works is an OUTLINE and brief summary of what each scene is supposed to do. If your scene aint working, go to the summary, and look at what your intention is.

Cool! A one-size-fits-all rule the creative process! I didn't know they made those after high school. :rolleyes:
 
Cool! A one-size-fits-all rule the creative process! I didn't know they made those after high school. :rolleyes:

It was always a good idea, and still is. Writers who spray their stuff everywhere, like a feral tomcat, dont make any money or ever improve.
 
Added todays bit to the pile. No excuses.

Read 2 more chapters of FREAKY DEAKY. Elmore Leonard is a good writer to learn from.
 
After a couple of weeks of focusing only on getting my novel published, it's back to some fun writing.

My muse had left while I was busy doing all the "technical" on the novel, but last night came back and I got about 1500 words done on a new story.

I'm aiming at a fairly short stroke piece, which will be different from my long "justify the sin" stories.
 
I'm considering posting one of my older poems to Literotica.

Other than that, I got a ton of reading to get caught up on!
 
Got my quota done. Wasnt motivated to write but did. No excuses. Winners do, losers dont.

Read more of FREAKY DEAKY. It isnt Elmore Leonard's best novel (VAlDEZ IS COMING gets that honor) but its OK enough. The 1st chapter is sublime, 2-5 arent sublime but theyre written well. That is, the scene is anemic or impotent. No punchline.
 
I'm still waiting on a poll for my fan fiction. So I think I'll start work on Avatar of Justice.
 
Todays installment is done! No excuses.

Read more of FREAKY DEAKY. Its OK but doesnt live up to the hype. The 1st chapter is glorious, though.

Started reading IMPOSTORS by George V.Higgins. Looks like a tale of a hard criminal coming clean about all his capers and his involvement with corruption in government and the media.
 
Posting two of my older poems to Literotica today. I'll probably start work on either a new story (which I have an idea for) or the next chapter of one of stories in progress.
 
Todays work is done. Coulda written more but the pace works, and tomorrows effort will be easy to start.

One of the principal characters is a deviant teen whose conduct is verboten on LIT. That is, he uses his body as a tool to startle and disgust people. The lad is a blend of several young men I treated in the past. One rode about town on his bike wearing nothing but a red cape. Another lad looked like a strange animal dressed in his mom's fur coat, high heels, and a pair of Lolita sunglasses. Yet another patient was violent and came to my attention after he was jailed for battering his female therapist in her office. I couldnt decide how to kill him so I created two companions to kill-off, cuz the killing is creative and interesting. The other mode of murder is interesting, too, and opens the door to a sequel.

But todays effort is the prelude to a court hearing, or HOW CAN WE ABUSE THEM TODAY. Minutes before the courthouse officially opens, its storming outside, and the security officers refuse to unlock the doors. Then they wanna frisk every person who comes thru the door. It gets worse. The court scene that follows is pretty bizarre but it really happened. Most of what I write really happened.
 
Todays installment is done. No excuses. Need to take an allergy pill as I sneezed the whole time I wrote.

Still reading FREAKT DEAKY by Elmore Leonard. He says its his best writing. No, VALDEZ IS COMING is his best writing. But FD has the best plot, and is full of clever surprises.

Oddly, I'm beginning to sense how literature and good commercial entertainment differ. I've been reading for 60 years, and its taken me 60 years to get to this. Now it seems kinda obvious. The one exposes basic philosophy and corresponding skill-sets so that the action seems congruent for each character, and the other is the cosmetic action minus the insights. And lesser writing are merely reports.
 
Two edits to finish today if possible.

One is simple but the other is going to take some rewriting. :rolleyes:

I hate editing.
 
I'll probably be reading too much to write. Though I should get to work on the next chapter of "Time's Changes".
 
Todays increment is done. No excuses. Cut away some stuff but advanced the word count to the daily goal.

Reading George V. Higgins old novel, THE IMPOSTORS. Higgins didnt write erotica but THE IMPOSTORS includes some hot scenes and writing you wont find at LIT. The quality of the prose simply kicks ass. Impressive.
 
Today after weeks of working on my first story I finally figured out what was bugging me was that the NAMES I was using didn't feel right. Generic names in a story shouldn't drive one so nutty, but I ended up changing the main two male character's names. NOW it feels right. It's going through the last edit and I think I will probably submit it tomorrow or the next day.
 
Ideally I'd like to finish Chapter 5 of my Active Imagination story. Reasonably, between the other things I have to do today, I'm going to tack on at least 2,000 words.

It's kind of funny. When I started writing it, I just kinda meant it to be smut, kind of a vessel for fantasies and little more. It's starting to evolve beyond that now. By that I mean that there's an actual plot rolling through my mind now. (Not necessarily a great plot, but a plot nonetheless) Now that I have a kind of endgame in mind, I'm interested to see how we get there!

It tends to happen with me a lot that when I develop a story, I come up with the beginning, and usually have a pretty good idea where it's going to end up, but the middle always seems to take me for a few loops, and often surprises me. It's always one of my favorite things about writing.

I'll let anybody who cares know how I did later tonight!
 
Got todays quota written. No excuses. My heart isnt in it but its done.
 
Edits finished on three stories. One posted.

Several more chapters on possible mainstream novel done and sent to editor. We'll see what she thinks so far. Her insight is very helpful.
 
At my parents with the kids while Mr Penn goes on a business trip. Some writing might even get done in the next few days, but we will see. Too tired tonight, I think, after the family party. Much swimming was done in the lake and in the pool, at least by the kids.
 
I really am running empty on the creative juices lately. There is a cute little new online literary magazine that is looking for free submissions that I would love to submit to but they are always looking for a theme for each issue, and for the life of me I just can't get into their themes even though they are quite commonplace: "March Hare" "Sunflowers" "Olympus" and now "Pumpkins."

Gah!
 
Last edited:
Wrote the next increment of my current tale. No excuses.

This installment is longer than I intended but it gushed out. The scene is something I was involved with many years ago. A large snake got loose and stopped traffic out on a busy highway. The cops and a few motorists captured the snake, and the paper snapped a photo of the snake draped across the shoulders of the kid who owned the reptile. When the paper came out the next morning musta been 9 old people called 911 to report seeing a big snake devouring a kid. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME LOOK IN THE PAPER! I got involved after the kid's father hanged himself in the garage. So I'm using the snake escape and capture in my tale, to preface a kid feeding his sisters puppy to the snake, so he dont escape again. The kid has some business with an Emo girl he brought home from school, and doesnt wanna waste time buying a rabbit at the mall. Any port in a lust storm. But he aint gonna get any, cuz his sister busts his bedroom door open when she finds the puppy missing, and unleashes Hell.

I have 1000s of anecdotes from my working life. I use them in my stories.
 
Must. Write. Sex. Scene.

Been putting it off for far too long.

Shame on you. tsk tsk. :D (I'm guilty too)

Finished a super edit on one of my stories at the request of some feedback.

Going to finish a story, tonight, that should be in summer loving, but that is not going to be, only really needs some sex and some closure.
 
Back
Top