Jack Flack & Lady Ace and Their Infinite Board Game Adventure

Jagged

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Posts
3,659
Synopsis:

Two teenage friends (Michael and Nancy working names) are avid players of the board/role play game Top Secret Adventures. The Cold War era game makes players spies who have to fight off the enemy in a variety of James Bond like adventures like stealing a new jet fighter, recovering secret computer files, and stopping assassins.

As you play through each scenario your character gains experience which improves their skills and abilities. With the books and backgrounds provided a player could create their own fantasy world, and that is exactly what our couple did, but something shocking happen. The world became real and sucked Michael into it, and he disappeared for 15 years....until now.

It was 15 years ago in the high school library where Michael was supposed to meet Nancy for their game. Things had been strained between them and Nancy wanted to take their relationship to the next level and go on real dates not get pizza and game. She liked Mike and always had, but she'd had enough and wanted something different, a new kind of fun.

What she didn't know was Mike agreed, and was ready to ask her out and see if she wanted to go to the prom with him, but he never got the chance. When he took off the cover of the old dogeared box set he was was pulled into the game and the lid yanked back on top. Nobody ever knew what happen to Mike he just vanished.

Everyone searched for Michael, but there were no clues. He'd had no reason to run away, and there were no leads. His parents never gave up hope and neither did Nancy, but the years rolled by and there was still no word. Some where in Nancy's parent's house the game sits still unopened.

What happen to Michael when he was pulled into the game? He found himself in a cold war era world where he's assumed the identity of Jack Flack his favorite spy. While Mike was an average kid Jack is a trained commando, martial artist, and super spy. For the past 15 years he's been living the life of a spy, and has found out it really isn't all that fun. Espionage and covert military operations are dirty businesses to be in, but he's not found a way out yet.

Fortunately he's had a rich ground to play with if not a lonely one. The man misses the childhood he once had, and the girl he loved. Now assigned to the agency office in Paris he often dines in the restaurant Nancy created for a short story and designed for the game.

The partner I'm looking for will play the role of Nancy who finds herself brought into the game just like Michael. Perhaps not far from where he is, so they can bump into each other. What has she been doing for the last 15 years? Is she in a relationship? What will she say to him when she finds him? Also Lady Ace her character was a spy also, and the world has very real dangers. What will they do and how will they get out of the game if it is even possible? If you like adventure, spies, and romance drop me a line through pm, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
 
Last edited:
Black Friday now that does sound like a Spy novel title...still looking
 
The James Bond marathon didn't motivate anyone to give this a look....? Still looking for a special lady to post.
 
A Sunday bump...before you start your week enjoy some espionage and adventure in cold war Paris while trying to figure out the larger question...how did I get there??
 
What the…

That’s all Nancy could think as she stared in shock and awe at the unfamiliar reflection in the mirror.

It had stared off as any other Saturday, waking up to the smell of fresh coffee thanks to the timed machine, a phone call from Phil cause he was at the office working some important case then forcing herself out of bed to get dressed. Of course today was also the day she had to go to her parents house and collect some pieces (furniture and other home goods) that were stored for her in the attic and move them to Phil’s new house.

It was so odd to think that in less than a months time it’d be her house the thought still unnerved her a little and made her opt for a more healthy breakfast of cottage cheese and fruit, she had a wedding dress to fit into after all.

It was around eleven o’clock by the time she’d made her way out of the city to her childhood home, chatted with her mom before her tennis match, and actually made it upstairs into the attic.

Oh boy where to begin?


After an hour of labeling things for the movers to take, and organizing a maneuverable path she was just about to go downstairs and check on the ETA of the moving company when she stumbled across a box labeled ‘Nancy’s, High school Years’.

And before she knew it she’d settled down on the floor, the various contents of the box spread out around her. Flipping through her various yearbooks she chuckled at some of the quotes and signatures of her various friends, thinking how ridiculous they all looked back then. A few academic awards came out next along with miscellaneous knickknacks but what caught her eye, there peaking out underneath her old favorite sweater was something that held a host of bitter sweet memories.

Shoving the knit fabric aside she pulled out the old cardboard box and dusted it off ‘Top Secret’ the lettering was faded but it was still legible. “Oh Mike…” a name that had not fallen from her lips in quite some time. “Where did you go?” the question whispered even as she began to take off the lid. For years she’d held on hoping he’d be back but after one year turned to ten it was slowly time to start moving on, and the last step would be getting rid of this old ghost. All she had to do was check to see if all the pieces were inside and she could mark it to be sold in the next yard sale.

If one couldn’t tell from the outside, the game was pretty old, and heat and water damage made it hard to open but after a good little struggle Nancy finally was working it up and off. Though what should have been a box with dice and papers inside seemed to be glowing faintly and the moment the lid was off the whole room flashed brightly for a second and the next thing she knew was that she was certainly not in Kansas anymore.

Instead of the warm musty smell of dust and mothballs, the air that hit her nostrils was a colder assault to her olfactory senses. Cigarette smoke, a cornucopia of varying perfumes, and foods hit her. Gone was the occasional bird song and soft creeks of an old house when one’s all alone. Replacing those was a multitude of voices, the clicks of high heels rushing across marble, the mechanical voice of a PA system muttering its announcements in a variety of languages and a rumbling noise that she couldn’t quite put a finger on.

It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the change of lighting, the attic dim and lit by a single low watt bulb and this wide open, yet crowded space bright and blinding. In that moment where she was still trying to figure out where she was and how in the world she got there was bumped rather rudely by a man who shouted something at her.

“Yeah, you too buddy!” It wasn’t the sound of her voice that made her eyes widen in surprise but the fact that not only had the man not yelled at her in English, but French, she’d not only understood it but she’d also responded audibly in French back to him.

Since when do I speak French? Why am I in France? What am I doing with suitcases?


It was odd, she noticed for the first time as she was storming off that she was dragging small carry on bag with her, and also a purse looped over her arm. Stopping she opened the purse and pulled out the passport that caught her eye first. She vaguely recognized the name but wasn’t sure where from, the woman was beautiful she thought, although it looked like an old picture. The wallet with its driver’s license just confirmed the identity of the belongings. All this was making her head hurt and she searched for a rest room. Once inside she dashed to the sinks to splash some icy water in her face.

Had she only dreamed about being at home organizing things in the attic? Was she really on a business trip? But that’s when she looked up at the mirror and saw her reflection, which was so not the reflection that should have been there. Fumbling franticly for the passport inside the purse she looked from the picture to the mirror several times.

What the hell?

Upon further inspection though she realized that it was her face only tweaked. Still its perfectly oval self, with a straight slender nose, but instead of the normal medium length dirty blond hair that usually framed it, she had much shorter, dark red, hair slicked back. A very elegant effect that made her blue eyes stand out. Her lips were painted in a sultry copper and looked fuller than she was used to. Defiantly not a shade she’d owned since high school. It was as if she’d gotten a makeover to look like Pam Bouvier.

Body wise it was the same thing. She still had the same long legs, albeit more shapely and toned, widening to full rounded hips, tapering again to perhaps a slightly trimmer waistline before slowly widening at her chest, for an unmistakably killer hourglass figure. Just small little changes to make her… better? Turning to get a side view of herself in the mirror she pulled back the tails of her trench just slightly and noted just how firm her butt looked. Yeah defiantly better.

Damn it Nancy, cut it out!

Clearing her throat she fixed her skirt and smoothed out the belted coat before exiting the restroom. She needed to figure out what the hell was going on, and fast.
 
Mike Stanford hadn't gone by that name in over fifteen years, and it wasn't by choice. He'd been eagerly awaiting Nancy when he decided to setup the board game and all the accompanying materials like he'd done a million times before when a bright light had shown, and he was sucked into the box, and another world.When he was sucked into the world of make believe spies and mercenaries he'd hit the ground running and hadn't stopped since he arrived.

After the bright light subsided he saw his face, and was shocked at the image looking back at him. It wasn't the face of a teenager, but the unshaven rugged 30 something spy he'd know as Jack Flack. He'd stepped back from the mirror to find he'd been complete transformed. His body muscular and scared from years of brutal treatment. Tattoos from around the world including a large back tattoo of a Japanese dragon and real New Zealand tribal art work decorated his flesh.

He'd remember when he'd gotten the ink done, and the missions where he'd earned his scares. The sword slice from a ninja assassin before he emptied his pistol into him. The marks of shrapnel from a Russian grenade thrown into an embassy basement by a commando. Even more disturbing was the fact that his memories weren't of him playing a game, but rather doing those things.

In the days to follow he found he was a master at several martial arts disciplines, able to fly a military helicopter, and even use a sniper rifle. He'd done none of these things in his old life, but now they were done with ease along with many other things. His fictional spy wasn't a work of fiction any longer and he was living the life.

Top Secret Adventures or TSA as fans called it had tables to generate character's skills and life experiences which gave players a good background to begin with. Jack had been born to a German mother and an American soldier in cold war era Germany. His mother Ursala was a nanny to an American Colonel and his wife, and was the colonel's mistress in secret. When his mother became pregnant the colonel's wife perhaps out of denial kept her on, saying she didn't want to turn out a single mother. As a consequence Jack was raised along with his 6 half brothers and sisters.

His father never acknowledged Jack as his son, but supported him where he could. He helped him join the military where he excelled and became a member of an elite army unit and operated around the world with other special forces units. He'd left the service tried a number of jobs and went to college where he competed in a variety of sports, and went Japan to study martial arts and philosophy. That is where the Central Agency recruited him, and that is where Michael began controlling his actions in the game.

While all of that might have once been just information in a character bio, it was all real to him now. He spoke fluent Japanese as well as German and half a dozen other languages. He remembered playing college football and surfing at a now very real California university. He had friends and ex-girlfriends around the world who knew him by different names as per Jack's different cover identities. Army buddies he'd fought out of hellholes with and agent he'd shared operations with.

Now he lived in Paris France the last place he'd been stationed out of when he'd last played the game, and he was still fighting terrorists and spies. He lived in an large town house on the grounds of an old cathedral, a gift from the Vatican for helping rooting out corrupt priests who were laundering money for terrorist groups. Filled with trophies and other items from Jack's life it told of a life filled with adventure and peril.

Over time though he began to accept that life as his own. He drank Red Label Scotch and smoked Wyoming cigarettes, slept with female agents all because Jack did, but he enjoyed it. He took comfort from old friends he'd created, and regularly received cards and letters from Ursala. He was the product of a teenage boy's fantasies and he reveled in them still.

From time to time though he'd wondered what had happen in the world he'd left behind. His parents, he knew they'd look for him and he'd hoped they didn't think he'd runaway from home. They were your average suburb couple, mom was a nurse at the hospital in town, and dad commuted to the city to handle computer IT for a large investment company. They were good people and he missed them and on each of their birthdays he lit a candle for them every year no matter where he was or what he was doing.

Than there was Nancy who he couldn't forget even if he tried. They'd been friends since grade school and had only grown closer over time. They really should have been boyfriend and girlfriend, but he'd been to damn scared to ruin what they had. In retro speck he should have taken the bold approach, something Jack would have done. Instead of waiting for her at the library he should have just found her, kissed her, and asked her out, but he held back and it cost him dearly. He knew time worked differently here, but even with that being the case he knew a long time had pasted, and he was sure Nancy had moved on with her life, and in his soul he was happy for her.

After he'd gotten used to his surroundings he'd look for Nancy or at least the closest thing to her, Lady Ace the code name of her favorite character. Despite being together in Paris when they were playing she was gone and he couldn't find a trace of her. She was listed as inactive in the agency's computers, and none of his contacts knew anything. Also he wasn't able to find any other characters that had been created and played by friends. Without any real friends or people he could share the truth with his world could be truly lonely at times. With no way back he accepted his fate and lived the life of a spy.


A Rainy December Morning

Jack sat in the back of his Land Rover SUV and looked up from his daily reports and out the window at the rainy fields beyond the roadway. He was heading back to Paris from the country side where he attended the funeral of a former operative who'd manged to die not at the hands of an assassin, but rather an excess of good living. Jean Louis Prouvaire, born January 12th 1925, local business man and veteran of World War II died in his sleep of a heart attack. He had no siblings, and was known for his love dogs and astronomy.

That was what his obituary said anyway, but the man had spent the rest of his life tracking down Nazis, fighting communists, and dealing with assorted villains. Even in retirement he supplied Jack with a wealth of intelligence, and when every he came to town it was a fun filled time spent bar hopping and enjoying the finest of foods. The man smoked like a chimney, drank like a fish, and ate only the finest food. He'd survived the death camps, and was determined never to go without. He was also a friend of Lady Ace, and the old man would never miss an opportunity to dance with her or share a cigarette.

He truly had deserved a more impressive funeral, but when you operate in the world of covert operations most of what you do is in the shadows. His third wife understood that and quietly accepted the thanks of the agency informally. Officially in the agency's files the man was little more than a freelance researcher who's area of specialty was French customs and culture. He'd spent the weekend at the family's country estate and received his inheritance, but despite being told he had more comp time coming he head back to the city.

Jimmy Michelle was driving, one of the many embassy interns who'd applied to the liaison with the agency program. Bright, energetic, and committed to his duties Jack liked him a lot. He was the son of Billy Michelle a Marine Corp scout sniper attached to the agency for counter drug cartel operations in South America. It was him, Lady Ace, and Billy who assaulted a drug kingpin's compound killing a number of mercenaries, cartel members, and destroyed a number of transport planes full of cocaine.

That character was created by Nancy and Mike's friend Paul who made the character a dog who had four wives on three different contents. Jimmy had received his father's name and took up the family's tradition, joining the Marines and while still technically assigned to the embassy as a guard he was taking his first steps into the world of espionage. For now Jack had him just checking safe houses, doing some driving, and transporting documents. Hardly glamorous stuff, but important none the less.

The daily reports told of terrorist and spy movements in the area, the official reports of what was really going on with global conflicts, and things to look for while on duty. The item that did stand out was the death of an American agent long with a Dutch prostitute in her loft in a small French border town. While few facts were known the murders were brutal, and the regional office was looking into it. While Jack didn't know the man something was strikingly familiar about the whole thing. It bared further looking into.

Jack was brought back when her heard Jimmy ask, "Sir you mentioned maybe going to the airport, " with that he pointed to the sign saying the exit for the Paris airport was just five miles down the road.

"Yes, thanks Jimmy I need to check on a few things there. You can take the car back to the embassy I won't need you for the rest of the day."

"I don't mind waiting sir and if you need backup?"

Jack nodded and smiled. "Not to day Jim I'm just going to check on a few weapons stashes hidden there, have lunch in the bar, and take the Concord for a spin."

Every spy had essential items hidden in different places, go bags, so along with safe houses, and vehicles in secure location there was always a way to continue on with the mission or escape. He had a half a dozen places around Paris that even the agency didn't know about along with several others in overseas locations. The only other person who might know where they were was Lady Ace.

Her favorite place was a house not far from the airport in a quiet suburb community. It's backyard was practically one large garden, and the wine cellar was filled with some of her favorites, and the master bathroom had a hot tub. The two car garage had a upscale station wagon in it and a sleek European sports car which a few no standard extras. The second floor had a small office and a gym. A hidden entrance in the office led to a secret secure room where weapons, false identity papers, and agency computers were kept. Most importantly it has a satellite phone that tied into the agency's network which allowed operatives to check in.

John and Sofia Gardener, an older retired American couple who were both military veterans lived a few houses down worked part time as caretakers maintained the place, but they had no idea what was hidden in the house. To John and Sofia Lady Ace or Marie-Elisabeth Gauthier was the daughter of an American writer and French dancer who did something with international construction and traveled to much. She brought them lovely gifts, paid them generously, and they were more than happy to have her over for meals and the holidays.

That wasn't on Jack's mind though as he headed into the airport on his inspection tour. He checked three locations in the arrival area which contained weapons, currency, and credit cards along with other useful items. The three locations in the departure area were similar, but contained passports and weapons that could easily be smuggled on board a plane. Each location had items for him and Lady Ace, but there was one primary stash place she'd setup years before, and it was brilliant.

Nancy had created a number of covers for Lady Ace where you'd have the character work in whatever industry for a number of years establishing that identity. To be convincing though you need to pickup the skills that went with the job. She didn't even tell him all the cover identities she had, but he did know she'd worked as an airline stewardess. When that assignment was complete though she put in for something very different, she became a construction worker. She learned a lot of useful skills, and was there when they expanded the Paris airport.

The sexy and athletic woman held her own among her coworkers, and didn't take any crap from them. While building a new terminal she took advantage of something in the plans. Between the woman's bathroom and the bank of pay phones there was some empty space that no maintenance man or customs inspector would ever need much less think to look in. If you went in the third phone booth from the right you could type in a secret code, and that would connect you to a voice activated lock.

Even if someone knew the code it would only be opened by one voice saying a special word. Nancy called it her spy proof box. Once the code word was said a secret door would open and reveal a wealth of spy tools, weapons, and money. There were open ended tickets, fake business cards, and vouchers for free food and drink at the lounge bar and restaurant. The booths were the perfect spot really because they were call privacy booths, meant to give the user some privacy to do financial deals or consult with a lawyer. It made sense because the bathrooms were in the high end airport lounge were only first class or business class customers were allowed.

Jack was planning to get a steak there, but at the last minute changed his mind and head towards the food court. There was a new sushi place there that had fresh fish, good sake, and an operative just back from Japan was working there establishing a new cover. The man also operated a modest smuggling business which employed the now deceased agent. The operation was sanctioned by the agency, but whenever an operation was covert and made lot's of money there were temptations. He was going to find out if those temptations had anything to do with his death. He'd eat at the lounge another day.
 
Passing a newspaper kiosk, a Marie-Claire magazine caught her eye and it suddenly hit her like a ton of bricks. Of course! Marie-Elisabeth, the red hair, Paris, the ability to speak French, why hadn’t she put two and two together sooner? Granted she hadn’t played the game in fifteen years and-

“Are you going to purchase that?”

Looking up Nancy just now realized that she’d apparently grabbed the magazine off the rack and must have been staring intently at the cover. Smiling politely she shook her head and put it back “I’m sorry, no, I just realized I have this one already.” Not bothering to listen to the man’s grumblings she continued walking. Where was she in her thoughts?

Oh right, the game. That was the last thing she’d been looking at before she blacked out (because that was the most logical explanation of what had occurred), and would explain why her subconscious had put her here. But was this really the game? Looking around she figured there was only one way to find out.

If she remembered correctly Lady Ace had put a personal cache in one of the phone booths just outside the business lounge. If she could find it and open it then… well she didn’t know what then but at least she’d know where she was.

Surprisingly she had no problems finding the correct lounge and even less trouble locating the booth. Fifth one to the left of the ladies room. Slipping inside she looked at the number pad for the phone and was once again surprised by how quickly her fingers scattered across it mashing in the code. It was as if she did this on a regular basis. Then again she doubted she’d make life hard on herself in dream.

Code entered, password spoken, she took half a step back and watched the back of the booth, phone and all, slide down into the floor allowing her to walk into the space. Lights flickering to life as she passed through she looked around and whistled. It was even nicer than she’d imagined. And so well organized too, the Smiths would be proud. Browsing through one of the wall units she found various passports and legal documents for personas that she was beginning to remember. The next housed select accessories for emergencies, such as specials, color contacts a couple of scarves and wigs of varying colors and lengths. The last unit was of course dedicated to an impressive arsenal.

All in all if there was an issue she knew where to go, well an issue that did not involve her being knocked unconscious and being sucked into some bizzar dream world, for that’s what she was convinced is what happened. With a little sigh she left the cache, well if she was now Lady Ace she should have a house just outside the city at her disposal, she might as well go there, and looking down at her outfit she sighed, get changed into something less eighties.

Picking up her pace she made her way out of the airport, passing the food court on her way. It was ever so crowded and a quick glance at her watch told her why. Maneuvering around people she was just congratulating herself on not bumping into anyone when she managed to do just that. Well truthfully it wasn’t her fault, a totally unavoidable accident considering the man with the coffee hadn’t been watching where he was going and to avoid being scalded she had to make a very sharp and very blind turn into something tall and oddly unforgivingly solid.

“Pardon me…”
 
Takahashi Hiroki waves to Jack from behind the counter and in French loudly invited his old friend from university to come in and see the kitchen. Jack nodded and replied to the other man and willingly went along with him. He'd spent awhile building several covers in Europe including attending school, but most of these would only fool the unseasoned operative. More than a few Russian spies knew him on site, and fake ID and a different accent wouldn't fool them. Still though pretending at least allowed a field agent to avoid detection. Two friends exchanging pleasantries could be dismissed especially if someone was in the area on other business.

Abd-El-Qadir for example had other things on his mind when he bumped into Lady Ace. Who quickly said “Pardon me…”

Another time he would have cursed out the infidel, and if he'd been in his home country he'd slap her, but today he simply nodded politely and moved towards a service entrance. He pulled out a duplicate key and made his way his way through a doorway clearly labeled airport personnel only. He was in enough of a hurry that he only glanced around quickly to avoid a confrontation with a uniformed employee, but he didn't count on the woman with the fiery red hair. Lady Ace almost by instinct was watching him, and a second sooner she'd caught sight of Jack.

Once in the kitchen and out of hearing range of the help who had no knowledge of the front Hiroki quickly gave a status report that Jack didn't expect.

Shaking his hands in front of his face as Jack paced in the meat locker of the restaurant he angrily reacted to the news. "What do you mean there are five members of the Franco-Muslim Militia arming themselves to hijack a plane? This is the kind of thing you call in!"

"Jack I just did that's what I thought you came here for, I mean it wasn't supposed to happen like this."

"Okay okay how was it supposed to happen!"

"They were only supposed to be buying some tactical Ak-47's from China along with the usual stuff. I mean the agency really didn't care about computer parts, black market cigarettes and porn being sold to some Arab university students."

"The weapons didn't tell you anything?"

"They asked for them right after I checked in, and I had a contact who had them to trade, so I just made it part of the deal. This became a problem real fast when that they came here a day early and had uniforms and ID's that would give them access to the Washington Airlines planes. The agency is short handed though, and said a team wouldn't be available for at least 30 minutes."

"Okay well guess I'm lone wolfing it until help arrives. Show me where they're supposed to be, and let me see what you got in the way of hardware."

Man on a mission

Eight minutes later Jack was rushing down a series of dimly lit hallways working his way over towards one of the many unofficial entrances into the Washington Airlines terminal. Unless you worked in the airport you'd have no idea, and if it wasn't for Hiroki's informant he'd have no idea where they'd be putting things together. He also picked up two submachine guns and a pistol all with silencers. If he'd wanted this to be loud and messy he'd have just called the airport police.

He caught sight of the first terrorist at the end of a long hallway. He was in a dark brown jumpsuit with an official badge hanging from it. What wasn't official was the black ski mask and assault rifle with extra magazines. He'd caught a quick glimpse of the man and hid behind a wall before he'd realized someone was making their way towards him. The man walked around a little, but since he didn't appear to see anyone and they were alone he was put at ease.

Jack looked around at corner again and saw the man light up cigarette with his weapon slung around his back. Amateur Jack thought to himself as he silently counted to three and swung around the corner weapons at the ready. The man looked shocked and fumbled with his weapon, but Jack had him dead to rights. He cut him down and hit the floor before the man could even get his weapon out.

He approached the body carefully and fired into it one more time at close range, a lesson he'd learned the hard way awhile back. Seeing that he was clear, but hearing voices a short way down the hall he dragged the body to an alcove and quickly searched the body. He didn't get much, a well made fake ID, a pack of cigarettes minus only two, and three magazines of ammunition. The rifle itself wasn't anything special, just made to be shorter for close combat fighting in a house or airplane. He didn't know exactly what these guys had planned, but it wasn't good.

He moved towards where the voices were coming from and paused glancing around the corner into a small store room. It must have seemed like a good idea at the time, having access to the piping through a store room, but it didn't show up on the plans as a door, so it became a security risk.

Now though the four remaining would be hijackers had their weapons on the ground in front of them as they knelled on their mats and prayed. Millions of Muslims did this everyday and went about their lives peacefully, but these jerks weren't about to live and let live. Another voice called out from the other side of the room and Jack pulled back just in time to miss Abd-El-Qadir in a three piece suit walking into the room.

He heard them speak and understood some of the exchange in Arabic, mostly typical stuff strike a blow against the west, go with god, but two things caught his attention. One was a reference to uncle Ivan trying to use them as pawns, and the other more immediate problem was that the new man was asking about the fifth member of their group. Jack got himself ready...this was going to get very ugly....
 
Now normally after apologizing to someone whom she’d just bumped into Nancy would be ready to go her separate way and go on about her life. And actually Nancy, the part of her that was Nancy was ready to do just that, but the part of her that was Lady Ace, seasoned spy did not like this casual brush in with the suave looking man in his expensive suite. So hands darting into the purse on her shoulder her compact was removed and with the guise of powdering her nose, let those big blue eyes follow the man in the suite.

Her hunch seemed to have a foundation when she saw him head, not toward the gates like most people, or to a phone booth or even the rest room. What did a man dressed as sharp as him need that was behind a service entrance. He was obviously not about to repair a luggage carousel or fill a cart with peanuts.

Snapping the compact closed and shoving it down in her bag, she placed a hand on her hip. Decision time. Nancy was all for checking out the Jacuzzi tub she knew to be owned by one Ms. Marie Elizabeth, but Ace was for snooping; she was definitely in town for business.

Thankfully Ms. Ace knew this airport like the back of her hand. Thinking quickly she recalled what was beyond that service entrance. Store room, Janitors closet, that sort of thing mainly. Not a very high traffic area, and she couldn’t just go following him in because she was most certainly not dressed for maintenance work.

Looking around her blue eyes spotted the bathrooms, the ventilation system would work for a classic entrance, and she could stow her bags in the stall till she got back. All this was thought out in less than the time it took her to put away the cosmetic case and zip her purse. By the time she’d readjusted the long strap on her arm she was making her way into the Ladies.

She looked around, and as luck would have it they were empty, taking the end stall she slapped on an ‘Out of Order’ sign she’d swiped from a janitorial cart outside. Locking the stall it dint take her long before she had climbed up on the water tank and used her hairpin to release the metal grate over the air flow system.

Thankfully she had Lady Ace’s body and know how to work with, because Nancy’s upper body strength would not have allowed her to shimmy her way up into the vent. Once inside it looked very intimidating, but the Ms Ace part of her brain took over again and she was on her way, hearing voices even before she saw the four men in the storage room below her.

The assault rifles in front of them had Nancy ready to scurry back and forget everything she’d seen, but the part of her that was Lady Ace knew she couldn’t do that. These guys weren’t an extra security detail, and if she didn’t do something about them a lot of people were going to get hurt.

Beyond the storeroom was an electrical room, the walls covered in panels that controlled the electrical feed to various sections of the airport. It was to this breaker room that she crawled and let herself down, quickly and quietly. With Lady Ace in control she found the correct panel, opened it and only after tightly shutting her eyes did she flip the switch that shut off the power for this wing.

Instantly all light flickered out with a mechanical groan, darkness flooding the world around them. Opening her eyes which adjusted quicker to the darkness thanks to them having been closed she quickly exited the breaker room to the sounds of confusion coming from the next room.

They were stumbling out of the room, weapons in tow, heading for her location but she’d anticipated this and stuck close to the wall.

“Haddad?”

“I think not” She thought to herself, back against the wall, thankful for the dark color of her clothing as she felt the man move past her. Her leg shot out hitting the man hard in the back of the knee but even before he had a chance to go down she had an arm around his neck, applying pressure to the carotid artery. He was out in less than ten seconds.

One she thought slipping the rifle from off of him.
 
Your Still the One....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5aMMRes2u4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

Now no plan survives the first seconds of actual combat, but come on the lights going out? How was jack supposed to account for that, but judging by the frenzy of his new friends they weren't exactly prepared for it either. It wasn't part of there plan, so why not take advantage. So, in the dark he frantically worked to attach his small key chain flashlight to one of the submachine guns. It was meant for the task, but doing anything blind wasn't easy.

Fortunately not all his martial arts training was done before he joined the agency. He and Lady Ace had earned enough comp time that they had close to a year off and their section chief insisted they take it. They spent a month bouncing around the Caribbean by sailboat enjoying scuba diving without having to plant bombs and fight off divers, and other nonviolent activities.

Eventually the got bored and went on a Zen retreat in Japan. The facility was great to clear one's head and recharge the spirit, but it also taught a variety of Japanese and Chinese martial arts. So they spent three months there as Mr. and Mrs. MacAllister complete with rings even had their vows renewed. Back in the real world though this was all just a few different table rolls and back story, but here it was a wonderful time in his life.

How that experience related to things now though was one of the skills they were taught was blind fighting. Basically you learned how to use your other senses while blind folded. It made for tough and frustrated training, but it paid off big time. Any fight at night from there on out he could always tell where his enemies were, and if Lady Ace slipped off to the bathroom. He knew where they were, the light was just there to pinpoint them, it wasn't necessary, but it made things more deadly.

He slung one of the machine guns and stuck the pistol into his belt and was ready for action. The were moving out of the main room, so he had to get across the open space before they found a place to hide. There were at least four armed men and the fifth was an unknown, but just because he was the brains didn't mean he wasn't brawn too.

As Jack was moving across the spot where the men were just talking and praying he heard shouts. First cries for one name and than the other, but it was two late for them. He flicked on the light and had three dead to rights,and he opened up on them with his weapon. One facing side ways took shots to the shoulder and head the next one he shot through the back and the man saw his chest expose before he could even react.

The third actually managed to turn around raise his weapon, but the last of Jack's rounds went into him and the shots went wild. He wasn't sure, but seemed like there was another weapon being fired, but he couldn't determine from where.

Well the suit was less committed for dying for the cause, but he wasn't about to go quietly. He pulled a weapon from his briefcase and opened up on Jack as he headed down the hallway.Jack dropped to the ground, but before getting tagged. As he felt his arm sting he tried to fire his weapon, but heard it click empty. He pushed it aside and grabbed the other submachine gun and fired down the hall trying to hit the man who's silhouette. He fired about as wildly as the man had, after all it was pure rage for begin shot and emptied the magazine.

He angrily threw the weapon and pulled his pistol and despite behind wounded seriously thought about chasing after the man. He could still catch him before he reached the terminal, but he had a nagging feeling. There was another shooter, someone else with an AK-47, and they were damn close. How fucking stupid could he be, he wield around in the dark with his pistol drawn. He turned to face a shadowy figure that was armed and almost in front of him. He was ready to fire, but than something registered, something familiar that he hadn't felt in a long time. He paused for half a second...

"Lady Ace...?"
 
“Jack?”

The woman so confidant a few moments before, ready to pull the trigger of the first gunman’s rifle when she’d thought she’d finally cornered the last of the group was suddenly betrayed by a hesitant tremor of disbelief. There was only one man with that voice and shockingly Nancy knew it.

No, Lady Ace, Marie, knew the voice. Nancy went along with the assumption because she didn’t have much of a choice. Lady Ace had taken control and safe to say Nancy was glad for it, if not a tad freaked out by it. But only because she’d only watched this sort of thing in movies or video games but never had she actually experienced a gunfight, in the dark, with cutthroats, up close and personal let alone taken part in it. Suffice to say it was a lot more nerve wracking than the hero’s made it look.

Though it seemed she had not been as alone as she’d thought. Of course that made sense, she knew she’d counted at least four men in the room and she’d only downed two, not including the leader. But imagine her surprise at hearing the voice of her long time partner, the character of Nancy’s long lost best friend.

“Jack is that-“ Her words were cut short when a thin sliver of light caught her attention. “Qadir!” She shouldn’t know that name, and yet despite that fact there it was tumbling out her mouth and barreling down the corridor behind the fleeing man. “Shit, he’s getting away!” Though how she was going to chase a man through the crowded Paris airport with an assault rifle and not draw attention she had no idea. Actually chasing him down period was less than subtle. “HQ sending back up? What’s their ETA?...”

Just as she was about to go dashing down the hall after their man she squinted, as if it would help her see better and for the first time she realized the talking shadow in front of her stood in a rather odd manner. “Jack are you alright?” Her team mate was wounded and that took first priority, Qadir’s men were down and if Jack had called it in like she knew he would have, there would be at least a dozen agents all over this case. Who was she kidding as soon as he ran out the door he’d probably get nabbed and be brought in for questioning.
 
He nodded feeling the sting in his arm as he moved back letting her take a position where she could better protect him as he checked his wound. "yeah help is on the way, I put out a call to an agent undercover with the French national police. Said he needed to get a special unit together and call central they'll handle this."

That last thought was in reasons to what Jack was now seeing. He'd winced as he pulled off his leather check and that was for good reason. It had been over a bloody rifle wound in his left arm, complete with power burns. By anyone's standards it was serious, but Jack being Jack he simply pulled a bandanna from his pocket and made a makeshift bandage. He than lit up two Wyoming cigarettes from a pack in his jacket pocket and passed on to Lady Ace.

Nancy never smoked, but Lady Ace did and she could do all kinds of tricks with smoke rings. It was a habit Nancy said she'd picked up in the cafes around Europe, and since there were no penalties for smoking why not. Still despite seeing the cigarette hang between her lips Jack, no Mike had something in the back of his mind.

Sure there were the thoughts of the pair of them gambling and drinking in fine hotels and resorts, fighting together, and even making love, but there was more. He remembered watching movies and hanging out. Drinking coke-a-cola on the bleachers and watching the sun go down as they held hands. He had to know if she shared these memories as well, so he asked a question.

"Nancy ah maybe we could got to Lady Ace's? nearest safe house? I know I don't have any medical supplies here, and I don't feel like dealing with the hospital."
 
“Jack you just got a bulle- Wait!” Mike? No it couldn’t be, but if it was a dream it might be. But why? Why after all these years? How… Of all the people to conjure up in her comatose dream state. Why Mike. Of course it fit. The box in the attic, everything inside made her think of their friendship. What it was what it might have- oh how it still stung to think about it- have been. Then the game… which, was her strongest tie to him and, Jack was his character after all. “How do you know my name?”

Suddenly the idea of dealing with medics and ambulances was as unappealing to Nancy as it was to Jack… or was it Mike? This was so confusing. Was he going through what she was going through right now? Well that was silly though, this was after all just a dream. So just a coincidence right? So many questions spinning in her mind, right now. And it was her mind again not Lady Ace’s which made her pull the cigarette from her lips and frown at it. The Nancy Mike had known never smoked, and the Nancy she was now still hadn’t picked up the habit.

“Going to her place seems like a good idea, she keeps a well stocked bar, and I need a drink” glancing at the blood stained make shift bandage wrapped around Mike or, was it Jack’s, shoulder she grimaced slightly “And so do you it seems, come on lets get you to your car… I just need to pick up my things from the ladies room…”
 
Plot Twist

You go to the local airport for a quick inspection, and that leads to a possible terrorism incident and you end up in a fire fight. You get winged in and you're bleeding and if that isn't enough you run into your old partner and lover you haven't seen for years. Problem is she's being played or controlled or whatever you want to call it by the person who created her who happens to be your best friend in your old life.

This was a lot to handle and add the blood loss to the situation, well Jack was about ready to pass out. Despite wanting to put on a front he gladly took Lady Ace's support as they made their way out of the airport and to the long term parking. Already the airport police were sealing off the area, and it would unlikely if they caught the man who escaped, but it would at least make it more difficult. With agents arriving on scene it would be easy for them to slip out and report in later. Sure it wasn't totally professional, but this day was far from normal.

If you had the resources the airport is a great place to stash vehicles, and one of his favorites was in parking structure "D" level four. It was a metallic silver four door Mercedes clone that was armor plated, and had a specially designed console with communications and on board computer. It was a fast ride though it didn't have all the great James Bond gadgets it had helped him out more than a few times.

He'd paid out of his own pocket the last time it was damaged, because the agency issued him another vehicle. You take some Soviet spies on a 100 mile an hour chase down the German autobahn, and total a few cars along the way and kills some people and a bean counter decides to give you a hard time. Lady Ace would probably remember that mission. She was the one leaning out the window shooting at the enemy. She also got a lovely silk night gown out of it and a bunch of beer steins. Well it seemed romantic at the time. There is was also a great picture of her hanging up in one of the bars around one of the army bases.

He broke away from her long enough to climb down under the car and hit a discretely places keypad and he typed in a code and he reached into the hidden compartment and pulled out a set of keys which he tossed to her and a small automatic pistol which he slid into his waist band discretely.

"You drive and don't worry there is currency in the compartment inside along with your old international driver's license and passport, "he said as he smirked. "I think they're the same name. Oh and thanks for helping me back there baby. I've missed you."

And with that he got into the car.
 
Baby? She’d almost questioned it verbally, but before she opened her mouth she remembered of course Lady Ace and Jack had been lovers. Though for some unknown reason she did feel a twinge of annoyance from deep within, but since she knew they had no time to dwell on past history at the moment –Jack’s bullet wound taking precedence over any other where’s why’s and how comes she might have- she simply pushed it to the back of her mind and jumped in the car.

Surprisingly traffic was not as bad as she’d expected it to be and with all the proper papers getting out of the confusion of the airport was not a problem. Once on the open road, it was a pretty straight shot driving to the home of Marie-Elisabeth Gauthier, 20 rue Monge right down the street from one of the best bakeries outside of Paris proper. It still amazed her how she was able to do this. Remember such minute details of the life of a woman she’d created over ten years ago.

The car ride was quite, her mind still spinning a bit and Jack understandably in pain. She had medical supplies at the house, yes? Of course, what kind of spy would she be without a state of the art first aid kit? “Almost there… Do you still have the remote to the gate?” She asked as they hung a left onto the Rue Monge. She vaguely remembered him having given him one, but she wasn’t sure if he’d kept it in this vehicle or one of his others. If not she’d just have to unlock the modest security measure herself, not a problem just a minor inconvenience.
 
Background
Lady Ace's undercover residence was unique to her... It's backyard was practically one large garden, and the wine cellar was filled with some of her favorites, and the master bathroom had a hot tub. The two car garage had a upscale station wagon in it and a sleek European sports car which a few not so standard extras. The second floor had a small office and a gym. A hidden entrance in the office led to a secret secure room where weapons, false identity papers, and agency computers were kept. Most importantly it has a satellite phone that tied into the agency's network which allowed operatives to check in.

John and Sofia Gardener, an older retired American couple who were both military veterans lived a few houses down worked part time as caretakers maintained the place, but they had no idea what was hidden in the house. To John and Sofia Lady Ace or Marie-Elisabeth Gauthier was the daughter of an American writer and French dancer who did something with international construction and traveled to much. She brought them lovely gifts, paid them generously, and they were more than happy to have her over for meals and the holidays.
http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/139/Covert+Action.html

The story continues...
It was December and the suburbs of Paris hadn't seen any snow yet, but the rain was coming down in force by the time the two spies were driving down the eerily familiar Rue Monge. They could even smell the freshly made bread as they made the turn. This was there world they created, but by now no matter how much wishful thinking one might have, this was no dream.

John and Sofia Gardener as always had taken good care of the house. The grounds and home were clean and well cared for, and while they never knew when their employer would return they had the extra large freezer in the pantry stocked with all her favorite frozen meals. Bottles of favorite sodas sat along with bottles of water sat in the kitchen refrigerator.

Her favorite books by her bedside and a small video library of her favorite shows waiting along with neatly stacked piles of mail. Nothing important, but it was all in order. The dedicated caretakers never expected to wait so long though. Still despite all their time in the house they didn't know any of it's secrets.

In the Car

First aid kit hell they could do a lot better than that. Lady Ace had plenty of first aid supplies in her linen closet of the master bathroom. Jack would know considering it was there where he pulled the bullet out of an American operative after a particular brutal firefight. A long time informant and an agent were killed in a Paris apartment by hired thugs. Jack and Lady Ace were only able to escape by using mountain climbing gear stored in a closet. A lucky break, but the agent with them was shot and when they all made it to the ground.

That was a fun night. Retreating from the city making sure to lose their pursers, and finally getting to Lady Ace's house. The pair had spent the whole night either tending to the wounded agent or standing guard. Eventually help arrived and after cleaning up the place they fell asleep together on the couch. That was Jack's memory, but for Michael and Nancy it was just another chapter. Problem right now was you could tell him getting shot was only a plot twist, but it hurt like hell.


"Ah yeah, oh no I don't have it, but hit the computer on the dash. You're name will be there and gives some options. One of them is gate access. I put in a while ago. I didn't know when you'd be back. I mean we need to talk."

He glanced out the passenger window and saw that the lights of the Gardener's house were on. They watched over the place and if a car pulled in you'd be sure to see them coming over shortly after. He turned and looked back at Lady Ace.

"No pressure here, but what are you going to tell them? Have a backup story? Who do you want me to be? I mean I can hang out in the bathroom for only so long. I mean I can patch myself up, but what are we going to say? Well we've been through this I'm sure we'll be fine. Just just...."

He looked at out the window again through the rain and sighed. "I've missed you Nancy. I hope it's you, but god I didn't want any body else dragged here. How long has it been?"
 
Looking to reboot this or a story in the same vein. Let me know what you think and send me a pm.
 
Looking to reboot this or a story in the same vein. Let me know what you think and send me a pm.



That hasn't changed...let me know if your interested....I was having fun and I think there are so many games yet to be played.
 
Still looking.....spies aren't the only options btw. PM with thoughts.
 
Black Friday now that does sound like a Spy novel title...still looking

Black Friday, day after Thanksgiving----when all the crazies are at the mall fighting for fuzzy slippers and AC DC boxer shorts. I'll be the spy in the men's fitting room. ;)
I'm just bumping your thread, Jagged. Hope you find what you need.
 
Thanks for the bump....hope I find someone to take this idea on again. Hoped you liked reading it.
 
Back
Top