What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the tax evading and money laundering DUMOH must win....

I know

TONED ARMS, DOGS ON ROOFS, LOOK, A SQUIRREL
 
The Times Falsely Claims That Obamacare Cuts N.Y. Health Premiums By 50 Percent



In an enthusiastic front-page story in today’s New York Times, Roni Caryn Rabin and Reed Abelson claim that, as a result of Obamacare, health insurance premiums for individuals shopping on their own for coverage will be “at least 50 percent lower on average than those currently available in New York” because “individuals in New York City who now pay $1,000 a month or more for coverage will be able to shop for health insurance for as little as $308 monthly.” See, Obamacare works!

Sounds great, except for a couple of points:
•New York has one of the costliest and least functional individual-insurance markets in the nation, because many of the regulations that Obamacare imposes nationwide are already present in New York, on steroids. Hence, New York’s market is far from typical.
•In 2010, average per-person monthly premiums in the New York individual market were not “$1,000 or more,” but $357. Even less expensive plans can be found today on ehealthinsurance.com.

I’ll publish a more detailed analysis of New York’s insurance rates soon, but in the meantime, take the Times piece with a big grain of salt.
 
The Times Falsely Claims That Obamacare Cuts N.Y. Health Premiums By 50 Percent



In an enthusiastic front-page story in today’s New York Times, Roni Caryn Rabin and Reed Abelson claim that, as a result of Obamacare, health insurance premiums for individuals shopping on their own for coverage will be “at least 50 percent lower on average than those currently available in New York” because “individuals in New York City who now pay $1,000 a month or more for coverage will be able to shop for health insurance for as little as $308 monthly.” See, Obamacare works!

Sounds great, except for a couple of points:
•New York has one of the costliest and least functional individual-insurance markets in the nation, because many of the regulations that Obamacare imposes nationwide are already present in New York, on steroids. Hence, New York’s market is far from typical.
•In 2010, average per-person monthly premiums in the New York individual market were not “$1,000 or more,” but $357. Even less expensive plans can be found today on ehealthinsurance.com.

I’ll publish a more detailed analysis of New York’s insurance rates soon, but in the meantime, take the Times piece with a big grain of salt.


And it doesn't matter if the NY rates don't decrease much because they're using before-subsidy prices. Add in subsidies and the price falls fast.

New York already had regulations preventing insurers from dropping people and refusing coverage - but they didn't have a coverage mandate so prices were somewhat higher. Now that there's a mandate and more healthy people will be paying in prices will drop markedly. That's no surprise.
 
Last edited:
what do you base the OVER REPRESENTING negative responses from?



Nowhere does it say that 70% don't understand what ObamaCare was.

it says no such thing

you made it up


when you come back from "work", Im sure you wil answer me

back from "work" Curry?

good

answer the questions

IF

YOU

DARE
 
back from "work" Curry?

good

answer the questions

IF

YOU

DARE


The 70% is right there in the survey.

Negative response skew occurs whenever respondents are allowed to self-select. Content people don't spend time and effort filling out surveys to say they're okay.
 
Nowhere does it say that 70% don't understand what ObamaCare was:cool:

SHOW ME



and besides

if its a flawed survey, why harp on the fiction of 70%?
 
Obama's Leviathan causes a retreat from America:

Due to Increased Regulations, Millions of Americans Abroad Forced to Reconsider U.S. Citizenship
8:39 AM, JUL 17, 2013 • BY DANIEL HALPER

The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, or Fatca, is forcing millions of Americans living abroad to reconsider their U.S. citizenship, a lawyer, Colleen Graffy, writes in the Wall Street Journal.

"The legislation is Fatca, the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. To appreciate its breathtaking scope along with America's unique "citizen-based" tax practices, imagine this: You were born in California, moved to New York for education or work, fell in love, married and had children. Even though you have faithfully paid taxes in New York and haven't lived in California for 25 years, suppose California law required that you also file your taxes there because you were born there. Though you may never have held a bank account in California, you must report all of your financial holdings to the State of California. Are you a signatory on your spouse's account? Then you must declare his bank accounts too. Your children, now adults, have never been west of the Mississippi but they too must file their taxes in both California and New York and report any bank accounts they or their spouses may have because they are considered Californians by virtue of one parent's birthplace," Graffy explains.

"Extrapolate that example to the six million U.S. citizens living around the globe. Many, if not most, don't know about these requirements. Yet they face fines, penalties and interest for not complying—even if they owe no U.S. taxes, own no U.S. property, have no U.S. bank account and haven't lived there in years—if ever.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs...-forced-reconsider-us-citizenship_739896.html


So you think foreigners should be able to skirt the tax code? Shocking.
 
So you think foreigners should be able to skirt the tax code? Shocking.

Weird. Aren't the bootstrappy patriotic liberty-loving conservatives always saying, "if you don't like it or can't hack it, leave and go somewhere else?"
 
show me

I cant find it

PLEASE QUOTE IT


Thx


I'LL WAIT:cattail:

Oh, and CURRY

I know it says this

The Chamber's second quarter small business survey found that just 30 percent are ready for the law and even understand what is required.

That DOESNT mean what YOU wrote, which is this It says only 30% of respondents claim to understand Obamacare


what that means is that THEY DO UNDERSTAND whats IN it

but they aren't READY for it, nor can they FIGHURE out what the fuck they have to do, cause its too fucking complicated and the "rules" are changed on mere whims by the NIGGA in the WH


THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS and WHAT IT IS

IS A POS
 
Oh, and CURRY

I know it says this

The Chamber's second quarter small business survey found that just 30 percent are ready for the law and even understand what is required.

That DOESNT mean what YOU wrote, which is this It says only 30% of respondents claim to understand Obamacare


what that means is that THEY DO UNDERSTAND whats IN it

but they aren't READY for it, nor can they FIGHURE out what the fuck they have to do, cause its too fucking complicated and the "rules" are changed on mere whims by the NIGGA in the WH


THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS and WHAT IT IS

IS A POS
If they claim to understand it, it isn't too complicated.
 
worst recovery EVAH

if a GORILLA woulda been in the WH since 2008, we woulda had a BETTER RECOVERY

instead we have NIGGA BO! and we have shit

'Modest to moderate' U.S. growth: Beige Book


after all this time we have THIS SHIT.....'Modest to moderate' U.S. growth

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The U.S. economy is continuing to grow at a "modest to moderate" pace, the Federal Reserve reported Wednesday, in an assessment that is likely to keep it continuing its loose monetary policy. The so-called Beige Book found manufacturing expanding, rising consumer spending, stable to growing services activity, and moderate to strong residential real estate and construction. The Beige Book noted that while hiring held steady or increased at a measured pace, there was a reluctance to add full-time workers.
 
NIGGA THUG

WH: We’ll veto legislation delaying the employer mandate — which we’ve already done, thanks



The president’s red lines, deadlines, and veto threats don’t really mean much anymore — but this move is still telling. He’s already imposed his sovereign will here, legislative branch, so butt out:


President Obama would veto a House bill aimed at legally delaying the employer mandate for a year, the White House announced on Tuesday, even though his administration has already issued a regulation embracing the delay. On July 2, the Department of Treasury announced it would delay until 2015 a provision of Obamacare that requires larger employers to provide acceptable health insurance or pay a penalty. But it wasn’t clear that the administration had the legal authority to do so, as the text of Obamacare states that the mandate, “shall apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013.” Thus, Republicans have introduced a bill in the House to codify into law the delay that Obama already supports. They have also proposed legislation that would extend the same delay to individuals required to purchase government-approved health insurance or pay a tax.

Phil Klein’s verdict:


It’s an incredibly arrogant attitude toward power for Obama to suggest he can arbitrarily rewrite the law by waving his regulatory wand with one hand, and then wave his veto pen with the other when Congress asserts its Constitutional authority to make changes to the law.

This isn’t the first time this White House has leveled a veto threat against Obamacare-related legislation crafted to codify an action Obama had already unilaterally taken. The president also vowed to reject a law that would have granted him more discretionary power and flexibility vis-a-vis sequester cuts. That would have complicated his ability to blame someone else for the consequences of his own idea, you see. Can’t have that. This president wants exactly the amount of power he needs at any given moment to achieve his immediate political ends — no more, no less. And he takes it. Congressional Republicans should keep plugging away at their “delay the individual mandate tax” push; the public is with them. If Senate Democrats refuse to vote for a measure that appeals to people’s sense of fairness and delays an exceedingly unpopular provision in an unpopular law, let them justify their actions to voters. And if the bill somehow gets to Obama’s desk, let him veto it, then relentlessly tie vulnerable Democrats to his decision as the 2014 campaign narrative takes shape. I’ll leave you with Boehner using Obama’s favorite word — “fairness” — a lot during his press conference today. He hails the passage twin Obamacare delay bills, demands equal treatment for families and individuals, and reminds the president that only Congress has the authority to write or re-write laws:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top