Shouldn't the "Dreamers"...

What's so different about these particular Illegals that gets Liberals so fired up? They never fought as hard for other visa overstayers.
Do they feel that they have been exploited by doing the jobs that no American would on a meager pay, so they owe them?

It's the tactic of the unassailable victim. First off, they want more than the Dreamers to stay. Once they get them permanent status, then they will go straight to not breaking up families and creating s hyper-chain migration of future voters (and in places like California, which explains why they are now a sanctuary state, new citizens from which much needed taxes can be extracted). So, by settling on just the children (for now), they can engage in name-calling and hyperbole against anyone who just doesn't automatically stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them as comrades. Then once the children are in, how can you argue against the families that brought them here illegally? The tactic is then repeated. Then, what do you mean grandma and grandpa can't join them? Why are you such a hater?

PS - Once grandma and grandpa are in, how can you not let them bring all of their children and grandchildren in? Are you as dead set as the Kim Dynasty on keeping families apart? Why do you want to be like North Korea?

Fantastic! Thanks

So now the real motivations of POLITICIANS are clear to me:
They want to extract taxes- money from a friendly- grateful future electorate that will vote for them in future elections. Pretty self-serving.
Of course their stated motivations (the ones given to the public) are 'world peace' and so on.

But I'm still unclear about the motivations of LAYPEOPLE like Hypoxia, Sean and so on.
What makes them so passionate about These particular illegals
while they uphold any other visa overstayers to entirely different standards?
What is it so different about these illegals that makes people feel so compassionate? Do they feel that they were more exploited than any other illegals? Or what?

I didn't give posters like nowisthetime as an example, because their motivations (to change demographics) are clear. But Sean and Hypoxia don't think like that, so why such an attitude from their part?

The DACA group is just the 'cause du' jour.' Cries to allow the others to stay will follow as surely as night follows day.

It is their duty/obligation to the Progressive cause. This frantic virtue signaling makes them feel like their life has validation for rather than being invisible nobodies, they are now soldiers in an important social crusade(s). It's not just here, say something on any sort of social media that runs counter to the Progressive agenda and you will find the same anger, the same serious charges and the inability to be polite and respectful of views or opinions that you disagree with (because they are always wrong and Progressives are always right). A lot of the hate will come from people you've never met before, as you see with the pack mentality here, they network to find targets to bear the brunt of their "good works."

PS - Once grandma and grandpa are in, how can you not let them bring all of their children and grandchildren in? Are you as dead set as the Kim Dynasty on keeping families apart? Why do you want to be like North Korea?

This is exactly how YOUR family did it. You're an anchor grandbaby. If you REALLY believe in secure boarders, you should move back to the countries where your family came from... If more than one, just divide your time up in between them equally.

It's the tactic of the unassailable victim. First off, they want more than the Dreamers to stay. Once they get them permanent status, then they will go straight to not breaking up families and creating s hyper-chain migration of future voters (and in places like California, which explains why they are now a sanctuary state, new citizens from which much needed taxes can be extracted). So, by settling on just the children (for now), they can engage in name-calling and hyperbole against anyone who just doesn't automatically stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them as comrades. Then once the children are in, how can you argue against the families that brought them here illegally? The tactic is then repeated. Then, what do you mean grandma and grandpa can't join them? Why are you such a hater?

To say nothing of the fact that the narrative is 800,000 when there are actually 3.5 million dreamers in the country then add their extended families and you'll have enough votes to make sure there is never another Republican in the White House.

It is their duty/obligation to the Progressive cause. This frantic virtue signaling makes them feel like their life has validation for rather than being invisible nobodies, they are now soldiers in an important social crusade(s). It's not just here, say something on any sort of social media that runs counter to the Progressive agenda and you will find the same anger, the same serious charges and the inability to be polite and respectful of views or opinions that you disagree with (because they are always wrong and Progressives are always right). A lot of the hate will come from people you've never met before, as you see with the pack mentality here, they network to find targets to bear the brunt of their "good works."

^^^ This reads better if you picture the Chief foaming at the mouth, spittle flecks on every emphasized word....

To say nothing of the fact that the narrative is 800,000 when there are actually 3.5 million dreamers in the country then add their extended families and you'll have enough votes to make sure there is never another Republican in the White House.

If Republicans are having trouble getting votes among a vast majority Christian population, then they must REALLY be doing something wrong.

Don't you think?

That might be a tad bit hyperbolic.

For one, it assumes that a small number of people will spread out and position themselves strategically to dominate the Electoral College. It's more likely that they will gravitate to places like California where the Democrats already dominate giving them the popular vote, but not delivering the EC.

For one, it assumes that a small number of people will spread out and position themselves strategically to dominate the Electoral College. It's more likely that they will gravitate to places like California where the Democrats already dominate giving them the popular vote, but not delivering the EC.

I think reality is a bit different, my friend. Notice the map on this page aswell:

According to USCIS — with the 800,000 original number — there are significant populations in blue states:
379,000 Dreamers in California (a deep blue state)
30,000 in Washington
72,000 in Illinois
71,000 in New York
38,000 in New Jersey
30,000 in Colorado

And according to USCIS there are also significant numbers of Dreamer illegals in several red states:
211,000 in Texas
47,000 in Arizona
72,000 in Florida
41,000 in Georgia
47,000 in North Carolina

In 2016 President Trump won these red states by the following amounts:
Texas – 807,179
Arizona – 91,234
Florida – 112,911
Georgia – 211,141
North Carolina – 173,315

President Trump was a very strong Republican candidate collecting more Republican votes than anyone in history.

DACA amnesty could give Arizona, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina to the Democrat Party.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-flip-florida-arizona-georgia-north-carolina/

Ok, so in reference to those Libs. who are motivated by pure compassion, not by anti-white sentiment or kinship with Latino people.

I get it. They somehow perceive that Illegal Mexicans are far less fortunate than any other visa overstayers. The level of corruption and poverty is higher there than in European and Asian countries. Plus if one can afford to buy a plane ticket they can't be That misfortunate, can they?

But don't they realize that, once you set a precedent, more will follow - in massive nombers, because they might feel emboldened.
And even if a Panamerica without borders is their goal, - I don't get it. Any self-preserving individual would avoid sharing the pie with poor countries, because Their quality of life will be dragged down.
Self-preservation usually trumps altruism.

Unlike nowisthetime&co, I just can't make sense of how Their minds work.

Immigrants have never "dragged down" anyone. They have helped create this country for the last 250 years, and without them, this country would be 13 states on the east coast of the continent, if that.

You see immigrants as the enemy. Why you see them as the enemy is your own personal journey to discover.

The echo chamber is in this thread is deafening. Jesus, you guys will die thinking the same way your parents did in the 30's.

Ok, so in reference to those Libs. who are motivated by pure compassion, not by anti-white sentiment or kinship with Latino people.

I get it. They somehow perceive that Illegal Mexicans are far less fortunate than any other visa overstayers. The level of corruption and poverty is higher there than in European and Asian countries. Plus if one can afford to buy a plane ticket they can't be That misfortunate, can they?

But don't they realize that, once you set a precedent, more will follow - in massive nombers, because they might feel emboldened.
And even if a Panamerica without borders is their goal, - I don't get it. Any self-preserving individual would avoid sharing the pie with poor countries, because Their quality of life will be dragged down.
Self-preservation usually trumps altruism.

Unlike nowisthetime&co, I just can't make sense of how Their minds work.

http://www.businessinsider.com/regional-differences-united-states-2018-1/#the-far-west-9

Interesting read. It might be interesting to see where the majority of the hyperventilaters live.

I think reality is a bit different, my friend. Notice the map on this page aswell:

According to USCIS — with the 800,000 original number — there are significant populations in blue states:
379,000 Dreamers in California (a deep blue state)
30,000 in Washington
72,000 in Illinois
71,000 in New York
38,000 in New Jersey
30,000 in Colorado

And according to USCIS there are also significant numbers of Dreamer illegals in several red states:
211,000 in Texas
47,000 in Arizona
72,000 in Florida
41,000 in Georgia
47,000 in North Carolina

In 2016 President Trump won these red states by the following amounts:
Texas – 807,179
Arizona – 91,234
Florida – 112,911
Georgia – 211,141
North Carolina – 173,315

President Trump was a very strong Republican candidate collecting more Republican votes than anyone in history.

DACA amnesty could give Arizona, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina to the Democrat Party.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-flip-florida-arizona-georgia-north-carolina/

We're addressing those who actually applied and participated in the program are we not?

We're addressing those who actually applied and participated in the program are we not?

That's the narrative, but experts are pointing out the Democrat plan will really encompass all of those brought into the US before they were 18, not just those who have registered.

That's the narrative, but experts are pointing out the Democrat plan will really encompass all of those brought into the US before they were 18, not just those who have registered.

The Democrats are not going to get their plan when the planned shutdown blows up in their face.

Well, I don't know much about the Hunger Games, and I keep in mind that the map is a attempt to generalize. Many of our college towns have been taken over by people/philosophies outside of their region, as one example.

I hope you're right. I hope we're not going to see another ball shrinking cave in by the Republicans.:)

You may well, but Trump won't back away from the Veto any more than Obama did (at least I hope so because there is a school of thought that he will sign anything that comes across his desk).

Well, I don't know much about the Hunger Games, and I keep in mind that the map is a attempt to generalize. Many of our college towns have been taken over by people/philosophies outside of their region, as one example.

A brilliant strategy by the left to fracture the regional ideologies of states and counties where the left's ideology is traditionally opposed locally. They use their academic dominance to sow their ideological cancer nationwide.

You may well, but Trump won't back away from the Veto any more than Obama did (at least I hope so because there is a school of thought that he will sign anything that comes across his desk).

He has said he will veto a bill that doesn't include what he ran on, border security and funds for the military.

Back