Submission Calls

CharleyH said:
If you check the Authors Resources (I think, don't quote me) this site is a good source of up-to-datish info for erotic poets and authors. Erotic Readers and Writers


Absolutely, Charley, their mailing list is the source of most of my posts here. They also have a great poetry section worth submitting to. John E. editor, a very cool guy.
 
The Pedestal Magazine: attn: North Carolina poets

The Pedestal Magazine does not accept previously published work, unless specifically requested; however, we will accept simultaneous submissions, if so noted. Please inform us immediately if your submission is accepted elsewhere. Also, we do not accept submissions by direct mail, unless first queried. Neither do we accept direct email submissions, unless first queried. Please use the submission form. If you send us work, please wait for a response to your first submission before you submit again.

We are currently receiving submissions in the following areas:

Poetry: We are open to a wide variety of poetry, ranging from the highly experimental to the traditionally formal. There are no length restrictions. There is no need to query prior to submitting poetry. Submit up to six (6) poems. Feel free to submit using one form or by sending each poem in a separate form.

Pay Rate: $30 per poem

***Note: We will be running a special feature of NC poets in our April 06 issue. All NC poets who wish to have their work considered should submit up to six pieces using the submission form. In the "Name or Handle" field, please type "your name/town, NC"; for example, John Smith/Charlotte, NC. We will be including 10-15 poems in this feature and paying our standard $30 per poem rate. ***
 
Kakalak Poetry Contest

Kakalak Poetry Contest
The Dead Mule

Copied from Maria's thread in case anyone missed it, thanks Maria!



Poets in North and South Carolina win money and a spot in an anthology!!!



SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - KAKALAK POETRY CONTEST

I am pleased to announce that the Kakalak Poetry Contest has begun! Open to North and South Carolina poets, the contest will award a $300 cash prize for best poem, $100 for second prize and $50 for third. Deadline for submissions is January 10, 2006. Entry fee: $10. Poetry Contest Judge: SUSAN LUDVIGSON. Pre-screening by Editors Lisa Zerkle, Richard Allen Taylor and Beth Cagle Burt. Poems selected for publication will appear in KAKALAK 2006 ANTHOLOGY OF CAROLINA POETS. An announcement concerning prizes for artwork submissions is forthcoming. For submission guidelines and additional information, See http://www.kakalak.net/ We are especially gratified to have a poet of the stature of Susan Ludvigson, a professor at Winthrop University, joining with us in this project as the contest judge.

Thanks for any assistance in spreading the news about Kakalak Poetry Contest! Richard Allen Taylor Co-Editor Kakalak 2006: Anthology of Carolina Poets





~
 
This is a cool site... can't wait to see their erotic supplement...and...

of course would love to see the wonderful poets at LITEROTICA POETRY represented:


Niederngasse turns up the heat this February!

The focus of our supplementary issue is erotic poetry: the sensual, the provocative, the intriguing. There are no limits when it comes to literary forms, sexual positions or gender preferences.

Submit up to 3 poems to: niederngasse@yahoo.co.uk

Deadline: January 15 (with replies
on or before January 25).

As further invitation, guest editor, Arlene Ang whispers steamily: "Darlings, make my hands sweat
to cuff your works to the PNG bedposts!"

So it goes...
 
Tit-Elation.com
http://www.tit-elation.com/writerguide.php


We welcome submissions of quality erotica, written for women. We believe stories appealing to women have significant character development, detailed and artistic description (with an emphasis on foreplay and courtship) and a female-friendly attitude towards sexual encounters.

Stories should be at least 1,000 words. Serialized stories are encouraged. Correct grammar, punctuation, and story construction are required. All submissions must be in the English language.

Poetry is also being accepted, at a different compensation grades than for stories.

We will not accept stories/poems that include the following topics:

* Sex with/between minors
* Bestiality
* Incest
* Extreme violence, non-consentual violence, death ('snuff')
* Celebrities or trademarked/copyrighted characters

Submission/Publication Guidelines at:
http://www.tit-elation.com/writerguide.php
 
Stiletto Flash

The following contest alert is from the ever popular Desdmona.
-

Desdmona.com

A stiletto is a type of shoe with a very high, spiked heel. It is also a kind of knife.

Your job as an author of erotica is to write a story, 500 words or less, featuring a stiletto. We expect your story to be unique and hot as hell. How you use your stiletto is up to you. Weapon, footwear, or metaphor for the injustice of modern socio-economic systems - anything you can think of is fine with us. Just be original.

Fitting all that into 500 words may be difficult, but we know you are up to it.

Our 2006 Stiletto Flash is an erotic flash contest. There is no entry fee. Stories must be received by Wednesday, February 1, 2006. Prizes will be awarded to the judges three favorite stories:

First prize: $200
Second prize: $100
Third prize: $50

Honorable mention prizes of $20 will be awarded at the discretion of desdmona.com and the judges. Winners will be picked by a panel of judges and will be based on quality of writing, erotic appeal, and originality. Please, be imaginative! The winning stories and honorable mentions will be displayed on desdmona.com on Wednesday, February 15, 2006.

Complete contest information and rules are now available at
http://www.desdmona.com/contestsubmit.php

We're looking forward to your entries.
 
Who we are
For The Girls is an adult site and ezine for heterosexual women. As well as explicit pictorial and movie content, we also offer a full women's magazine, focusing on sex, women's health and humor.

True Confessions
We are seeking submissions for our new "True Confessions" column. This section aims to feature real-life stories of sexual adventures, preferably with a humorous twist. We want to hear amusing anecdotes about first times, best times or only times, amazing erotic triumphs or fabulous sexual disasters. It can cover almost any topic, so long as it involves sex (see below for conditions).

Articles should be 600 to 1000 words in length. The column should be written for a female heterosexual audience. The stories should inform as well as entertain, and be true to life. Ideally we want to hear from someone new each month, however if your work is fabulous we'll consider commissioning further articles.

Payment

Payment will be US$50 per piece. Payment will be made electronically, so you must have an appropriate account with ePassporte or similar online payment system. Alternately we can pay with an Amazon voucher or site membership.

Submission

Email submissions to: writing@forthegirls.com. We prefer .doc or .txt attachments with no html formatting, but will also accept submissions in the body of the email. Subject heading should be "True Confessions Submission"

Terms
The column is published monthly at ForTheGirls.com Stories must be in English, original and previously unpublished. Writers must be aged 18 years or over as at December 1, 2005. For The Girls will retain exclusive electronic rights to the work for six months and non-exclusive rights indefinitely. We will not consider work dealing with bestiality, sexual assault or child porn.

For The Girls reserves the right to edit submitted stories if necessary. You may use a pseudonym if you wish. Writers must include the author declaration (see below) in the body of the submission email.

The author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Purple Kama, its officers and assigns from and against any and all claims, suits, damages, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) which are based on any claim of copyright infringement, plagiarism or unauthorized use.

Author Declaration
I hereby declare that I am the original author of this article and that it has not been previously published in any form. I own the copyright to the work. I am over 18.
 
Erotic Poetry

Okay, maybe too late for Winter, but not for Spring. I read through, a wide variety of style, experience, themes, etc etc. Looks like a good place to start or to add on to publications.






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Guidelines from the editor:

1. Sauce*Box is an e-zine of literary erotica. We publish short stories, poems, essays, and excerpts from novels. All persuasions/orientations are welcome, except kid porn.

2. Read through the current issue and past issues. They are your best guide!

3. Sauce*Box prefers that submissions be less than 3,500 words. We assume poems will be. (Any epic erotic poets out there?) Longer pieces may be serialized. If you have a longer piece, send a portion. We'll be able to tell you if we want more.
Note: From time to time, authors approach Sauce*Box to review their novels, e-books, collections, etc. Since the Editor does not have time to write reviews, we are willing to publish excerpts or descriptions provided by the author or other writers.

4. Please send all submissions by attached email, preferably as a simple Word.doc. PLEASE!!! do NOT include extra formatting since your piece will be reformatted to fit Sauce*Box's style and you will only make more work for us!

5. You MUST include an author's email address AND an author's name (real or a.k.a.) which you want Sauce*Box to use for your submission. If you wish to include your home page or website, we will link it to Sauce*Box if you will reciprocate.

6. Extremely Important -- PLEASE NOTE: By submitting to Sauce*Box, you implicitly and explicitly give Sauce*Box the right to publish your work on the web and/or in any hard copy anthologies of collected Sauce*Box work. Your work will NOT be sold to other websites for any monies accruing to Sauce*Box or Guillermo Bosch. If another website or a hard copy publisher offers money to publish a story appearing in Sauce*Box, every reasonable effort will be made to forward that money to the author. Requests to re-publish an author's work on another free access site for no compensation may occur in order to give the author's work greater exposure. Every effort will be made to inform the author if such a posting occurs, but Sauce*box cannot insure this will always and in every instance, happen, particularly if the author's email is not current.

7. Sorry, there is no monetary compensation for work published in Sauce*Box. If we ever reach agreements which will allow Sauce*Box to compensate authors, then authors will be compensated for their work.

Send all submissions or questions to: The Sauce*Box Editor
 
Re: Sauce Box...

The following would worry me some:

"Requests to re-publish an author's work on another free access site for no compensation may occur in order to give the author's work greater exposure. Every effort will be made to inform the author if such a posting occurs, but Sauce*box cannot insure this will always and in every instance, happen, particularly if the author's email is not current."
 
jthserra said:
The following would worry me some:

"Requests to re-publish an author's work on another free access site for no compensation may occur in order to give the author's work greater exposure. Every effort will be made to inform the author if such a posting occurs, but Sauce*box cannot insure this will always and in every instance, happen, particularly if the author's email is not current."


Yeah good point! That is shakey. Although those free sites have not problem just lifting poems off of literotica without making any attempts whatsoever to contact the poet.
 
Alba: short stories

I forgot how much I love short poetry. Go check out this site if you like the shorties. Send em if you got em.


Submitting

Alba accepts original, previously unpublished submissions via email (albaeditor@yahoo.com). We do not accept paper submissions. We publish short poetry twelve or fewer lines in length (though we may make occasional exceptions to this rule). We have a preference for free verse as opposed to established forms such as haiku and tanka.

Here are some of our favorite poets: Ezra Pound, Kobayashi Yatarô, Emily Dickinson, Matsuo Kinsaku, e.e. cummings, William Carlos Williams, William Stafford, and Duane Ackerson.

Please include the word "SUBMISSION" (in caps) on the subject header of your email. All submissions must be included in the body of your email. Please do not send attached files. We cannot consider submissions received as attachments.

Alba acquires exclusive first-time Internet rights. Poems will also be archived online. All other rights revert to the author. We are open to submissions year round. We are not a paying market. Our usual response time is 4-6 weeks.
 
annaswirls said:
Mannequin Envy is seeking submissions of poetry and flash fiction for its Winter 2006 edition.

Have something that is sharp? Evocative? Innovative? Consider sending it our way. Check out the submission guidelines at the site

disclaimer: we read all work objectively, and have rejected work from family members, friends, big name poets with icky submissions, and editors of journals where I would love to have my work....and accepted work from unpublished writers, people who might seem a bit icky, and well you know, anyone who submits work that fits with our vision... just sayin' it is nothing personal ever. Evah.

We have had quite a few lit folks on the site and know this place grows some darn talented poets.

Thanks!

~J


bumping this up for you lit poets.

Mannequin Envy - poetry submissions close in a week.

there is a literotica poet whose work has already been been accepted for the winter issue.

read anna's disclaimer above, and send some poetry if you wish. reading until 12/14.

thanks, patrick
 
PatCarrington said:
bumping this up for you lit poets.

Mannequin Envy - poetry submissions close in a week.

there is a literotica poet whose work has already been been accepted for the winter issue.

read anna's disclaimer above, and send some poetry if you wish. reading until 12/14.

thanks, patrick


make that 2 literotica poets in the winter issue.

how about a few more?

:rose:
 
If you have not yet found this place, please go there right away. Submit to be a featured poet, check out their submission calls and announcements, give it a look-see.



Poetry Superhighway
 
HISS Quarterly

Second Annual NC-17 Issue

NC-17: A trademark used for a movie rating indicating that admission will not be granted to anyone under the age of 17. This could be because of excessive violence; sex scenes; an accumulation of drug, violent or sexually-oriented language, and/or other features that the Motion Picture Association of America's Classification and Rating Administration believes most American parents would feel is patently adult and that children age 17 and under should not be admitted.

The NC-17 designation does not, however, signify that the rated film is obscene or pornographic in terms of sex, language or violence.

DEADLINE: January 1, 2006

The Basics:

We DO NOT accept simultaneous submissions.

If any of the work you wish us to read is under consideration by any other publications, don't send it to us until you have received notification of rejection from all other publications. If we are the first to whom you send it, do not send the work to anyone else until you have heard from us, or we will not be able to publish your work.

We DO NOT accept previously published written work.

Excepting graphic art and photography: If the work you wish to send has appeared in print, or on the World Wide Web (other than in workshop forums), it has been previously published. Don't send it to us.

Note below: pretty interesting! as

We consider "online appearance" to include your personal website or blog, and anyone else's website or blog, whether or not it represents itself as a publication. In other words, if the public can find it, it's published.

We DO NOT accept attachments.

Thanks to the inventors of computer viruses, we only accept submissions "in the body" of the email. If you have special concerns about formatting, try "rich text" format in your email or explain that *this* means italics, etc. If attachments are absolutely necessary, you may query ahead of time and we will send you specific guidelines if we wish to consider your work.



POETRY:

We publish poetry in two formats: Rear View Mirror and Featured Poet. To be considered for the Rear View Mirror, please submit a maximum of three (3) poems, along with a short bio and your three most recent publishing credits (or anything else special you'd like to tell us).

We showcase one or two Featured Poets per quarter, publishing up to ten poems representing their work. If you desire consideration as a Featured Poet, please submit three to five poems, along with a short bio and your three most recent publishing credits (or anything else special you'd like to tell us). If you are considered a likely candidate, we will request more of your work.

If you seek to become a Featured Poet, please send your poetry far in advance of the Theme's deadline.

In either case, please mark your submission with "POETRY: Your Last Name/Theme" as the subject line of the email — for example, "POETRY: Nash-Lee/NC-17."
 
PatCarrington said:
make that 2 literotica poets in the winter issue.

how about a few more?

:rose:


make that 3 Literotica poets who will be in Mannequin Envy's winter issue.

it will be up on or about Jan. 15, '06. be sure to come and read.

happy holidays.

patrick :rose:
 
Back
Top