Seventh in Line (closed for lmcms)

Ania clung to Malkin as they made their way through camp. They movements were slow but she cold feel her legs shaking weakening. "Yes I had planned on that as well. I am hoping I will beable to help and more can be focused on Cestus to get him on the mend."

After a few more stepps when they were about half way to where she determind was her destination she could no longer move forward. Her breaths were winded and her legs wet noodles no longer able to support her using Malkin's strength she lowered herself to the ground shaking her head as she tried to catch her breath trying to tell him she could walk no futher.
 
Malkin knelt down to her when she rested. He wanted to rest his hand on her chin and give her a simple kiss, encouragement for getting this far but he held back. Instead he looped his arms around her and lifted up the smaller mage enjoying the scent of her hair and the look of her eyes as he continued them along their way.
 
When Malkin lifted her to carry her the rest of the way she let herself relax against him and enjoy the feel of his strength and warmth. Softly so no one would hear her speak she softly whispered, "Thank you Malkin I'm sorry I couldn't make it."

She wanted to cry but she knew it would do her no good.
 
Malkin smiled to her knowing it was never easy when one was injured that it left you incapable of moving. When he was younger he had suffered from a horrible sickness that had left court doctors scrambling. His father loved him greatly and while he was his seventh in line he was still very dear to the king. Those days with nothing but a feverish sweat, a whooping cough and the doctors had brought him low even as a child to the point he eventually wished it would all just end.

But then a new day had risen and his body started to heal up and beat back the sickness. It had been incredible and the court doctors had still been bewildered it was almost like it was magic though various spells had been tried with no effect and Malkin remembered no spell before the day he was on the mend.

"Soon enough you'll be up and spry as ever. We just have to keep you away from necromancers and their ilk." He joked as they arrived at Cestus' class to watch them train through the melee fighting drills.
 
Ania leaned back so he could see her face and stuck her tounge out at him and make a face.

"Yeah cause it was me they were after." She told him in a tone that could not be mistaked for anything but sarcasm.

She nipped at his chin playfully before snuggling back into his arms and relaxing as he carried through camp to the training area Cesteus' men were using. As soon as they were amoung the men training stopped and many came forward to greet and check on her.

"Okay okay I love you guys too but back to work or I'll kick all your asses I am reporting your progress to Cesteus so you better make it good." She told them with a sweet smile on her face.
 
Malkin grinned at the thought of Ania kicking anyone's ass. She was powerful to be sure but he did not know how valiant a fight she might put up in close combat. Still seeing her smile seemed to bolster the men of Cestus' unit and Malkin was proud for that.

"We'll do him proud my lady." One soldier said grinning widely at her. All the soldiers knew that without Ania's help all of them would have likely perished.
 
Ania smiled at the men and Malkin as she indicated a spot where he could set her down and she could see everything while being comfortable. As she watched the men train and Malkin moved within them she smiled enjoying herself and called out occationally in support or critism. After awhile she tilted her face back to the sun letting it's natural heat warm her as she began to chill slightly.

When it seemed the men were winding down to take a break she called to Malkin. "Would you mind taking me to the healing tent I think I should like to be there for the rest of the day to see how I can help and work with Yorgis?"
 
Malkin nodded and after hefting the small mage up he grunted to the soldiers to carry on. He made a note that while he would hate it eventually he may need to have someone do the carrying for him if she wanted to observe the troops daily. It just didn't seem to carry the right impression that he felt was right for being the commander of his troops but he would speak of it later.

Soon they arrived at the healing tent. Cestus was resting quietly and Yorgis was churning out some poultice. Malkin gently laid Ania down and then kissed her forehead and giving her a smile.

"I should be back in a few hours. If you need food or anything just ask one of the attendants." He said to her as he crouched close to the bed he'd laid her in.
 
Ania smiled and caressed his face with loving tenderness, "I'll be fine Yorgis won't let me starve and it will do me some good to be useful. Though I might miss you while your gone though maybe." She said teasingly.

"Seriously stay safe and do what you have to I'll be fine here even if you leave me over night promise." She told him tenderly looking directly into his eyes.

She smiled softly and waved at Yorgis and he waved back absently as he consintrated on what it was he was trying to do. She turned back to Malkin her eyes full of emotion she was trying not to acknowledge. "See I'll be fine love go be comander."
 
Malkin gave her a small smile before it faded and he adopted the stance of a military officer. He needed to see to the business of finding them a boat to move back through the border. It would not be easy work even getting the boat let alone sailing it through the enemy navy and coastal defenses. Malkin had a lot of work to do.
 
As soon as Malkin left her Yorgis joined her by the cot Malkin had placed her on and began examining her while he asked how she had done since she had seen him. He was pleased that she had had the strength to walk a bit that day.

After he was done examining her Ania was insistent that she see everything Yorgis had on the illness of Cesteus. While he tended to other and discussed certain things things with her she burried herself in the information she had. After studing and many questions Ania remebered a poision that worked similarly and the anedote to it. She called Yorgis over and they discussed the merits of it. Both agreed it would be worth it to give it a try the only problem was that they didn't have the key herb. Ania knew of a place that had it and it was very potent there but getting there and gathering it would be a trial and she didn't dare tell Yorgis of it. As they talked is again fell into slumber as they talked.
 
Malkin eventually returned to the medical tent and learned about the discoveries. He was momentarily disturbed to find Ania passed out but Yorgis told her had been taking care of her and she could use the rest.

The initial plan to steal a ship was in place but night was falling around the camp. He had trained with his squire, carried Ania earlier and even trained some with the new recruits to toughen them up and Malkin was ready to retire for the night.

Picking up Ania he pulled her into his arms and gently carried her back to his tent. When Yorgis protested Malkin said he would come to him if there were any problems and he faced a annoyed glare from his old friend before he laid Ania down on the bed in his tent. The furs had been freshly cleaned and a meal of roasted pork was brought to him. Malkin gave his love a last glance before he nudged her side slightly to wake her up if she wanted a meal.
 
Ania slowly came awake with the feeling of being nudge and a soft voice in her ear. When she opened her eyes a smile instantly spread over her lips at seeing Malkin. She decided a girl could get use to waking up and see the man she loved face first thing. She streched lazily with the smile still on her lips. Smelling then spotting the food she moaned softly and her stomach growled letting her know it was time to eat.

"If you woke me to feed me I owe a big kiss." She told him with a grin and reached for him to give him just that.
 
Malkin smiled hearing her words and her stomach growl. Leaning in he brushed his lips against hers before he pressed them fully on her lips in a kiss. He lingered there for a moment before helping her up to sit at the table while he enjoyed the pork.

Looking over to her he was curious about the anecdote she had talked about with Yorgis.

"He told me you may know where to get some of the required herb?"
 
The question made her nervous because she knew to get where the herb was was dangerous for any not of a magical ability or ability with shadows. The area was heavely protected because this herb was so rare and powerful. SHe had been there before and knew how to go about it but she was too weak to make the trip on her own. If she took Malkin or one of the other warriors things could go bad very quickly even with Yorgis though he would be her best option as she would have the paitents for it.

Finally she looked back at Malkin her decision made. "Yes, I know where it grows. Yes, I know how to get it. No, I can't take you there. Before you get upset please let me explain. The garden, for that is were it is, grows on sacred grounds well protected. Getting in can be a tedious experiance. Anyone who is not highly gifted with the magical arts would not last past one step onto the sacred grounds. I can go..." She held up a hand to keep him from protesting before she finished. "And take Yorgis with me. He has the strength skill and patient to get in as well as I do. And before you ask how do I know I can do it I have done it before more than once for other rare and special herbs."
 
Malkin just looked at her for a moment enjoying his food and listening to all she had to say. He wondered truly if it would be impossible for someone without magic in their veins to get into this garden. He would trust her words if such was the case but he wanted to talk with Yorgis as well. The thought of letting her go off right now as she was was not welcomed to Malkin. But what if they did not get the herb, what if Cestus' condition did not improve.

"I shall have to think over what you say. We are not in the best position now to split our force especially if that involves both of our main magical users." Malkin said trying to sound curt and polite even though the thought of Ania being out there only with Yorgis was not comforting. Besides what did he have to fear from some garden. He had been through many places in the world where he was not supposed to be and had proved quite resilient.

Drinking a glass of wine he hoped that she would be understanding that he wouldn't just want her to run off. Beyond that having both her and yorgis gone left them even worse off then they were now.
 
Ania nodded slighty knowing he needed to think over what she said. She was willing to go alone so Yorgis could stay with the camp but she knew Malkin would dispute the idea. She ate lightly of her meal until she had her fill then crawled over and into Malkin's lap as he ate. Nuzzling against his chest she got comfortable while he finished his meal.
 
Malkin smiled as he saw her crawl over across the space to him like some slinky cat. He couldn't help but smile and then he shifted slightly as she crawled up onto his lap resting against him. It was a little difficult to eat but he didn't mind as she nuzzled against his chest. Having her close by him and knowing she seemed to be largely on the mend heartened him.

"Hello there." He whispered to her as he pushed aside his plate and glass as his hands held her and he kissed her cheek and then her lips as he just held her for a moment.
 
Ania returned the kiss lovingly feeling safe and secure in his arms. " Hi." She whispered her Smokey voice taking on a husky sleepy sound.

She ran her hands over his chest as she pressed closer letting her lips and teeth tease over his jaw in a slow but feisty seduction. "Is it time for bed yet?" She asked lowly.
 
Malkin felt a wave of pleasure through his cock as she used husky tone, she always used it in the best situation as well. Smiling as her lips and teeth played over his jaw he nodded and then moved his hands under her cute ass as he stood up carrying her up in his arms.

He enjoyed the feel of her lithe body as he carried her and he kissed the inside of her neck as he slowly moved over to the bed they had shared for many nights now. "I think you're right." He said and gently lowered her down onto the bed and kissed her lips slowly while his hand started to explore her body. They moved lower from her shoulders to her breast and rubbed them through the fabric of her robe as he laid on top of her and continued to kiss her lips, her cheeks and neck.
 
Back
Top