Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
But is she pretty ?

I'll complete the answer when you complete the question.

I had a test last week that (I was told) made me radioactive for a few days (told the guy there I'd watch for spiders), & that was followed by a difficult blood-draw.

People have told me I'm pretty small & pretty thin, but I know I'm nothin' special to look at.

I'll complete the answer when you complete the question.

I had a test last week that (I was told) made me radioactive for a few days (told the guy there I'd watch for spiders), & that was followed by a difficult blood-draw.

People have told me I'm pretty small & pretty thin, but I know I'm nothin' special to look at.

I had a similar test a year or two ago, but I had to steer clear of everyone for 24 hours (glow-in-the-dark Instructor ?).
I wish I'd been able to get closer to a Geiger Counter, just to spook them !

I had a similar test a year or two ago, but I had to steer clear of everyone for 24 hours (glow-in-the-dark Instructor ?).
I wish I'd been able to get closer to a Geiger Counter, just to spook them !

They sold these just a little before my time, but think about it...let's give kids actual uranium to play with and see what happens! :eek:

gilbert-atomic-energy-lab.jpg

Ah, yes. Those were the days. :)

"And you knew where you WERRRRE THENNNN!!!..." Still kills me the guy they called "Meathead" has done so much for pop culture since then.

I think they sell something similar in Charlotte these days.... Call it a "Guy-Or-Girl Counter".

They sold these just a little before my time, but think about it...let's give kids actual uranium to play with and see what happens! :eek:

gilbert-atomic-energy-lab.jpg

Sadly, we never saw these over in England; well, my part, anyway.
We got Meccano, and jolly good it was, too; if you could afford it.

These days, the kids play with an "App" (whatever that means) on their mobile phone; usually to the exclusion of anything practical.
So sad. . . .

I spend a lot of time at the Mall & things when the weather's nicer, & see a bunch of people of varying ages looking down at phones, or over at other people, heading right for me...

One day, I quietly said to one/myself, "Look where you're going, not..." but have yet to create a good/right finish for that.

I don't have any apps, nor a cell phone that would make it an option to get any. I stick with calling myself "a smart person with a stupid phone", & joking that "an app is something I get when I'm _ired".

I spend a lot of time at the Mall & things when the weather's nicer, & see a bunch of people of varying ages looking down at phones, or over at other people, heading right for me...

One day, I quietly said to one/myself, "Look where you're going, not..." but have yet to create a good/right finish for that.

I don't have any apps, nor a cell phone that would make it an option to get any. I stick with calling myself "a smart person with a stupid phone", & joking that "an app is something I get when I'm _ired".

Apps can be extremely useful and entertaining but they certainly aren't necessary for a full and rich life. Of course, that can be said of a myriad of things which we've been sold over the years. :rolleyes:

Apps can be extremely useful and entertaining but they certainly aren't necessary for a full and rich life. Of course, that can be said of a myriad of things which we've been sold over the years. :rolleyes:

I hope that you are not including pet rocks and hula hoops in there, Mags. :eek:

I hope that you are not including pet rocks and hula hoops in there, Mags. :eek:

Family on "Dr. Phil" Friday afternoon was complaining about boyfriend they were claiming ruined the future of their daughter who had great talent with a hula hoop... Even reading "World Of Dance" got renewed, I thought, "He didn't keep her from getting work."

Also, we have a rich President now, but above the neck, nothing full about him. (F-O-O-L, maybe.)

I was reading the other day of an App which will send messages to your friends' phones after you've died; and at times you specify. So if your Boss really pissed you off you can have a "Yah - Booh - sucks" message to his thing at 03.30.
It's called "Swonsong".

Now there's a plot bunny!
:)

I was reading the other day of an App which will send messages to your friends' phones after you've died; and at times you specify. So if your Boss really pissed you off you can have a "Yah - Booh - sucks" message to his thing at 03.30.
It's called "Swonsong".

Now there's a plot bunny!
:)

I think they should call that BurnYourBridge. :D

Isn't that what socks turn into when they go missing in the washer? ;)

So Dame Rumour has it.
In my case, they don't so much "go missing" as 'hide'.
It can take a while to locate it/them.

Of course, when the Dragon offers help, one cannot avoid the thought that new socks are the order of the next market day.

So Dame Rumour has it.
In my case, they don't so much "go missing" as 'hide'.
It can take a while to locate it/them.

Of course, when the Dragon offers help, one cannot avoid the thought that new socks are the order of the next market day.

I'm sure Dame Edna's socks were rather unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back