Basic photoshop

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
Sorry to intrude here, but felt this forum would be the best place to find an answer.

I'm looking to get a hold of some basic photo shop software. It can be outdated by artist and designer standards because I'm not doing much fancy with it.

All I would like to do is make better e-book covers meaning I would like to learn how to splice a couple of images together, things like that.

Not looking to spend a lot as far as money and looking for something basic to understand.

any suggestions? I've looked on e-by and there are tons of things there, but I'd like a recommendation.

If you're looking for free, there's always GIMP, which is the only one I know of. Usually they're either free or an arm and a leg. Hope that helps. :)

"intrude"? HAhahhahahahahhahahahaha!
The sekrit enclave of solitary "artistes"?

LOOK!!!! A visitor! who "speaks"!!!!!!

CATCH HIM!

I'd say get the mostest recentest Adobe Photoshop that you can (want to) afford....AFTER checking the system requirements of the version in comparison to what you are running.

Even the oldest can splice images together, with each subsequent version, you can do so more easily and with more finesse. A pressure sensitive tablet allows even more control and options.

I am guessing that a CS (Creative Suite) version...CS (<which is photoshop version 8.0), CS2, CS3...I think newer CS versions (CS4, CS5, CS6) ONLY come as suites(bundled sets...?

I am behind currently, still driving CS4, because of the cost.

Don't waste your money on Photoshop if you're not going to be making anything large scale, digital painting, professional photographer sort of deal. GIMP is good enough for your needs, there's also Paint.net as a freebie, and Photobucket provides basic image editing capabilities. If you want to shell out some money, I recommend getting a Wacom Bamboo fun pack, it comes with Photoshop Elements and Painter. These are fun to play with and the tablet will make digital work far easier.

Also some scanners will come with image editing programs, my Canon scanner came with Arcsoft Photostudio. And for simple image editing, it's good enough.

I'm using Photoshop CS2 and it's very capable. I feel no urge to upgrade at all.

Thank you all! I think I'll check out gimp first and see what that does for me. If I get into it and think its fun, maybe I'll upgrade to something a little "heavier"

Thanks to all who responded.:D

Not to cause offense or get the villagers up in arms but you could always go to a torrent site and download photoshop or photoshop elements.

Bring out the gimp!

(pulp fiction)

so u switched the sides .. eh? ;)

PS in the unending battle of PS Vs GIMP .. loses another supporter .. eventually with the economy draining out .. the one with lowest price wins .. but hey .. don't look at me .. YOU voted for Obama!

I guess it's all in what you get used to, but...

For me there is no substitute for Photoshop.

Adobe Photoshop is a graphics editing program developed and published by Adobe Systems.Alongside Photoshop and Photoshop Extended, Adobe also publishes Photoshop Elements and Photoshop Lightroom, collectively called "The Adobe Photoshop Family". In 2008, Adobe released Adobe Photoshop Express, a free web-based image editing tool to edit photos directly on blogs and social networking sites; in 2011 a version was released for the Android operating system and the iOS operating system.

------------------------------------------------------------
website templates

Now there is a creative way for back-linking spam - throw a frowning face in and cut'n'paste a line from Wikipedia

Back