Immortal Love

He winked at her as she danced past him, the people started to get with the beat, clapping their hands in time with the music. He started to sing, his voice sounded murmured, but still carried to everybody. He closed his eyes, concentrating on the music.
 
She continued to dance around to the new and strange music as the patrons smiled and cheered her on getting more and more into the music themselves. Her eyes closed as she seemed to have the entire place memorized and moved through it as if there was nothing there.
 
The introduction of a new kind of music went rather smoothly, in retrospect Deacon thought that it had to be that there was a dancing goddess among them. He chuckled and sipped on his goblet of water, he had casted an image to the people, one he had decided to keep up. A very gifted musician, slightly intoxicated most of the time and deadly with sword and dagger. It was the next morning and he had not slept yet, instead he was writing on a sheet with a stylus. The pages he had used so far came from a place far to the East. People found it rare and highly expensive, but he had a good use for them. His hand grew still as he wrote, why could he feel Samira's touch, yet the women back in Russia he could not? He pondered this, looking rather brooding as he sat there with a goblet, three wine pitchers filled with water and six empty ones standing to one side. Why could he feel her?
 
She often found herself wondering about the change in him at times when she would touch his hands or kiss his cheek. Something was up something that she found herself more and more curious about as the years began to roll around. Walking around she was deep in thought not realizing there were people walking into their shop in silence.
 
Other precenses made him stand up and turn to face the new comers, he staggered slightly to keep up his pose.

"Ah well, good morning lady and gentlemen."

Of course he sounded drunk as well.
 
She motioned the help to tend to their guests as she moved over to Deacon.

Drunk again... are you again mistaking water for wine or other alcohol?

She looked worried and unamused at the same time
 
He grinned at Samira,

"Ahbanti so good to see you, I have a new song for you."

He picked up the paper and walked over to her, staggering slightly. He handed the paper to her, even though he knew she could not read music, moving behind her he looked over her shoulder at the paper and so that he could whisper in her ear.

"Nah why would I drink out our profits? I'm as sober as you are. Just an image I give the people, so they will think me harmless."

He started to hum the first line of the song he was writing for her and then stopped, talking louder so that the others can hear him.

"So? What do you think?"
 
Hearing his words she sighed but wanting to test his strange reaction she got from him from time to time she absently kissed his cheek near the corner of his lips as that was closest to her.

Yes I like it... you are coming up with strange music but I can incorporate it to my dancing.
 
The drunken smile froze on his face as she kissed him, a flicker of emotion went through his blue eyes, the he grinned,

"Of course, maybe some day you will evolve as I am."

Without warning he slipped an arm around her and hugged her warm body tight to his, he let her go, slipping the paper from her hands. He moved to the table and grabbed a bottle,

"You, child. Take the rest of my things to my quarters."

The serving girl did so, he picked up the black guitar and slung it over a shoulder, his eyes turning brooding.

"I must still show you my island banti"

He walked out of the door, unstoppering the water filled bottle and walked down the street, staggering slightly and singing old fairy tales, the children loved these songs and usually followed him to the plain where he would sit on the fountain's wall and sing them songs and tales before returning back to the business for the evening's work.
 
Feeling him hug her to him she blinked but that briefest tinge of emotion in his eyes did not go unnoticed as she just watched him.

What is this you seem to call me lately Deacon?

She saw the children gathering at the door as if knowing he was going to be making his daily walk and was not sure if she would get an answer or not before he wandered to the children to entertain them.
 
Deacon Frost

He paused and looked over his shoulder,

"Have you forgotten your language so quickly? Banti, the lovely desrt flower, found only during rain season. Very rare and very beautiful."

He grinned, then turned to the children,

"I know a tale of long ago, dance with me I will sing it for you."

The children laughed exitedly and danced in their silly little ways as Deacon made bom bom sounds, laughing with them.
 
She had forgotten the flowers for a moment not that she in her life back there had ever really held any need to know of such things. Smiling as she watched him and the children wander off she turned to the staff and they all discussed various aspects of the evenings menu and assignments.
 
It was sunset when he returned home, he carried an empty bottle, he entered, remembered to stagger slightly. He went up to his room to freshen up and returned downstairs to play for the customers, it was not long before Samira made her appearance. Deacon watched her as she danced, curious at her sudden kiss to his cheek. Perhaps she had also found that he could feel her and tested the theory? He kept watching her dance as the hours passed.
 
She had no idea about the seeming random changes in his actions towards her. Moments that seemed to be affection or could he feel her she did not know but she thought that the kiss to the cheek would be a test for him and for her to see his reaction to it. The way he watched her tonight seemed to prove that something was on his mind... the kiss or more music or perhaps another one of his things to make them think he is harmless or to convince a server her chances were nil with his inability to feel anything.
 
As the night drew to a close, he dismissed Samira's aide and shared a table with her, where they sat and had a small meal before bed.

"I have a little something for you."

He slid a little book over to her, similar to the one he had gotten for her at the bank before she was kidnapped.

"I have placed your share of the profits in there."
 
She nodded as she watched him.

I want answers if you know them Deacon. Why do you seem at times to act so different with me then back to your normal unfeeling self... what is going on?
 
He took a sip of his wine and looked at her,

"Sometimes I can imagine that I feel you."

He shrugged, the moments just take me by surprise."
 
She thought for a moment knowing that a shock moment would be a real reaction and prove to both of them if he actually could feel her or not. She felt they both needed to understand if he could or not... it was getting annoying to say the least to have him one moment touching her and then the cold absence of it all. She revealed nothing in her expression as she sat there though him dismissing her aid she wondered if he was jealous of the youth being so close to her.

Leaning close she pressed a kiss to the side of his lips her hand resting just a briefly against his thigh then correcting herself returning their distance just as quickly to watch his reaction. the startled and honest reaction to see if he truly felt her or not.
 
He looked at her as she leaned back, it was strange that even after she had danced the whole evening, she still had that intoxicating aroma around her, it was subtle and soft. He never was sure if it was how she smelled and if that was some sort of perdume she had came across. He smiled at her,

"Why thank you, I needed a little kiss. But for a test, let's do a proper test."

He got up, held out a hand to her.
 
She tilted her head a little watching him but slipped her hand into his.

What sort of test do you have in mind Deacon?

Slowly standing she glanced over seeing her young aide with the young woman he fancied and smiled to him approvingly.
 
He pulled her into his arms, feeling her warm body against his, so soft,

"To do it properly."

He kissed her suddenly, his lips resting gently on her own, his hand resting between her shoulder blades and the other on her lower back.
 
A whimper... curling into the warm embrace... her eyes falling closed as she pressed softly into the kiss. It was the simple contact that made this so strange and comforting as her arms slipped around his waist and one moved to his chest snuggling close.
 
He leaned closer, his lips taking possesion of her's, the kiss deepening. When he finally drew from the kiss, he smiled down at her.

"And that answers the question. I can feel you."
 
So this means what due to your past?

She smiled to him remaining right there in his embrace.
 
He frowned,

"I am not sure, I have cut off my feelings, because I'm afraid that it will bring me the same pain again."

He brushed her hair away from her face,

"Yet I feel you."
 
Back
Top