What do you have in your sig?

Stella_Omega

No Gentleman
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Posts
39,700
I ask because I have them turned off. I can look at them by clicking on a user's profile link, of course-- if I have reason to. But how do I know?

Like, I never knew that Netz was quoting Pynchon!

So who has good stuff that I should know about?
 
Much like my house, mine's a cluttery collection of things I like, with some, I probably should get rid of (my ex's quote) but can't yet *sigh*
 
I have Maya A's phenomenal woman

And when I started on Lit I pleaded with an Irish Lister and a Welsh Lister to write something about my userhandle in Gaelic.

I love it and won't be changing it for awhile.
 
I have a tongue-in-cheek disclaimer

Legal Notice and Attorney's CYA Requirements: The author of this post is not an attorney, physician, or marital or sexual therapist or counselor (nor does he play any or all of the above on television). All opinions are offered only as the viewpoint(s) of an individual with a certain amount of life experience, and should not be considered to be legal, medical, or therapeutic/counseling advice.

and a quote from a FB page.

Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

[Jacked from Wenchie's friend's Facebook page. Thanks!]

They are, of course, both in my signature navy pixels. :rolleyes:
 
Mine's a quote from Goethe.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

I had a line from a song for ages...

"There's always someone younger, someone with more hunger, don't let it take the fight outta you."

I made a promise to myself that I would leave that line up until the book was published and then, on that day, I would replace it with Goethe. :)
 
Mine's a quote from Goethe.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

I had a line from a song for ages...

"There's always someone younger, someone with more hunger, don't let it take the fight outta you."

I made a promise to myself that I would leave that line up until the book was published and then, on that day, I would replace it with Goethe. :)
:rose:
 
For years, I've had a quote from inane humorist Jack Handey, which I rotate regularly.

I also have a Roald Dahl quote from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" emporer-of-sweets Willy Wonka:
"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

I have a link to my poems (all of which I demand be attributed to me by the Lit legions employing them as sig lines).

I also have a link to the National Breast Cancer Foundation website.
 
I have a link to my poems (all of which I demand be attributed to me by the Lit legions employing them as sig lines).

Oh yes, they are sig worthy (one I especially adore) but that would land me in the, "I think quoting DGE poems in your sig makes you a total stalker" thread.
 
So who has good stuff that I should know about?

I have this -
attachment.php




and a link to a silly disclaimer I more or less stole several years ago.

Thanks for asking. :kiss:



:cool:
 
I also have sigs turned off. I actually had to look at my profile to see what was in my own sig.

Turns out, I don't have a sig.
 
None of my quotes are witty or wise, just a random collection of bits I find apt or humerous for myself and not worth the trouble of a profile check.
 

Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world,
had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap.
~Barbara Jordan
*~*~*
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
*~*~*
A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble on the road.
~Henry Ward Beecher
*~*~*
You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old when you stop laughing.
~Michael Pritchard

*~*~*
supprt1.jpg


My Stories

The top one was found for me by primalex, the rest I found myself just cause I like them.
 
On a side note, you can turn off avatars but I'm torn. It's how I quickly determine who is posting but one just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Urp, shiver, bleh...

Can't there be a rule that all avatars must be cute pussies (like mine)?
 
On a side note, you can turn off avatars but I'm torn. It's how I quickly determine who is posting but one just made me throw up a little in my mouth. Urp, shiver, bleh...

Can't there be a rule that all avatars must be cute pussies (like mine)?

You aren't suggesting I trip my eyebrows are you???

harumph! You and DVS....


:cool:
 
:) Just a few quotes, because I like them. I have sigs off, too:

Don't take yourself so serious, you're not that important. :eek: ;)

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."

"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford (1892–1979) Canadian actress, co-founder of United Artists

"There is only one country: the earth. There is only one people: humanity. There is only one religion: love." - Erasmus
 
Back
Top