The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread

And the flowers brown and brittle, and the candy moldy.

At least the guy in your story was clever enough to get new roses, and I hope the candy was not chocolate but something longer lasting. Hot story by the way - and a bit longer than you normally write them ? I really liked the sheriff.

Oops didn't realize I'd get the top spot - let me just add

Welcome to The Official Author's Hangout Valentine's Day 2013 Contest Support Thread.

Beware of fake contests.

Last edited:
A pretty good group of stories so far.

Mine is turning into a novel :rolleyes:

At least the guy in your story was clever enough to get new roses, and I hope the candy was not chocolate but something longer lasting. Hot story by the way - and a bit longer than you normally write them ? I really liked the sheriff.

Thanks. I write them that long; I just don't post them to Lit. in one go like that. Have to for the contests, though.

I would mind be arrested by the sheriff either.

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)

Thanks to everyone who's so far entrered. But for those who haven't yet submitted let me remind you that A.I.R. does have somewhat different entry rules than the LITEROTICA section of the contest. Please consult the A.I.R. support thread for further details.[/size]

2013 :heart: Valentines Day :heart: Contest

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

A.I.R.’s first contest of 2013… good luck :kiss:

Scouriesworld, a fake poster. Scouires using an alt.

AIR, a fake association made up of scouries and only scouries.

His fake contest, self explanatory.

His fake rules, again self explanatory.

So all in all, someone fake, is advertising a Fake contest by a fake association with fake rules.

That about sums it up.

Now back to the real contest.

Posted

Mine's up. Getting the kind of response I expected, with the trickery and subject matter. It was a fun write, about 5 pages over the weekend.

The Luckiest Man in the World

Gonna be a controversial one. I think it has 18 comments already - include 2 by HarryInVA, riling him almost makes it all worthwhile. ;)

Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The cards tell me that there are 15 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.38 from an average of 121 votes. Stories had an average of 7,659 views, an average of 5 favorites, and an average of 5 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.04%. The average number of pages is 4.2, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 969 votes, 114,890 views, 77 favorites and 88 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.38) is 0.21 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 121) is 96. The median score is 4.39, the median number of votes is 54 and the median number of pages is 4. The top 25% of scores are 4.47 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.17 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Erotic Couplings (2 stories)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (4 stories)
  • Loving Wives (2 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (3 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

Story submission dates

20 January 2013

21 January 2013

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, carlieplum, geronimo_appleby, HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, MSTarot, OctavianEarth, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

The Luckiest Man in the World

Bloody Hell TTT, I just finished reading your story, and I've got goose bumps all over. The 5 stars were easy, but I'm not going to get involved in commenting in LW. So I'll just tell you here that I thought it was great. But you're very naughty putting it in LW, that story belonged in Romance. ;)

Bloody Hell TTT, I just finished reading your story, and I've got goose bumps all over. The 5 stars were easy, but I'm not going to get involved in commenting in LW. So I'll just tell you here that I thought it was great. But you're very naughty putting it in LW, that story belonged in Romance. ;)

Tim, the problem sometimes lie in the fact that a story is earmarked for one category and gets put in another. After a while you just stick it in LW's to start with. :rolleyes:

Oh, I second this. In fact, I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for the rambling feedback you're about to get from me.

Thanks TimothyM, carlieplum and of course, one of my favorite commenters Annanova. I appreciate it.

I was naughty putting it in LW. I would have put it in Romance, but I thought it would give away the surprise reconciliation at the end. I'll take my licks.

Actually kind of fun to get lots of comments all over the place. And watch the commenters bicker between themselves. The story started with a horrid score but it's slowly crawling upward. I think it's about a 4.42 now - better than I'd expected, but not as good as I hoped. I really am a whore for those little Red "H"s.

Great stories already. Geronimo, Heyall, Ben Long, all to be expected.

I liked yours carlieplum, but I don't think Literotica's ready for a loving story about real people in a loving relationship. ;) BTW, do those exercise's really work?

Gonna finish up reading the rest. Good luck to all.

Was lucky enough to land an editor and just submitted my short story. Loving wives and only 4000+ words.We'll see how it goes. Not a lot of surprises.
DG

Was lucky enough to land an editor and just submitted my short story. Loving wives and only 4000+ words.We'll see how it goes. Not a lot of surprises.
DG

sometimes surprises aren't needed, esp in a stroker... looking forward to reading it (unlike many, I'm an unabashed LW fanatic).

Wow!!! I submited my story 2 hrs ago and it already posted. Never posted that fast ever. Loving wive, we'll see how it goes. Would just like a good showing.
DG

Double post so I'll add something. I started another story and will see if it gets done on time. Best of luck to all who enter.
With respect
DG Hear

Last edited:
I liked yours carlieplum, but I don't think Literotica's ready for a loving story about real people in a loving relationship. ;) BTW, do those exercise's really work?

You know what they say--write what you know. I'm not expecting to win, place, or show with my current entry or my other one (if I can finish it). I had fun writing it.

And heck yeah, those exercises work...

Yeah, Laurel must be working overtime. Mine was posted about six hours after my last update was submitted. Liking the response so far.

Mines taking a beating, but it is Loving Wife. Just happy to be part of the contest. I always like the roller coaster ride that comes along.
DG:D

Yeah, Laurel must be working overtime. Mine was posted about six hours after my last update was submitted. Liking the response so far.

I know she was way behind. My last four stories/chapters took almost a week to post. First five days, then six. My Contest Entry was submitted late on Sunday, and was up first thing the next morning.

The New Stories pages daily entries was only taking about 2/3 of the page, this last one took the whole front page and a good ways into the second one. Definitely working overtime.

I know she was way behind. My last four stories/chapters took almost a week to post. First five days, then six.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who had a five day posting time earlier this month. But I guess all the non-contest stories will now lag even more behind. Which is as it should be, Valentine stories should come first, and it's nice that they post almost immediately. Gives more incentive to submit I guess.

Contest analysis - Valentine's Day Contest 2013

Good evening. The anthropithecus tells me that there are 21 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.45 from an average of 238 votes. Stories had an average of 12,119 views, an average of 6 favorites, and an average of 8 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.74%. The average number of pages is 3.6, with the longest story being 7 pages.

So far there have been a total of 3,570 votes, 254,501 views, 130 favorites and 178 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.45) is 0.28 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 238) is 215. The median score is 4.48, the median number of votes is 131 and the median number of pages is 3. The top 25% of scores are 4.66 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 4.15 or below.

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• Anal (1 story)
  • BDSM (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (2 stories)
  • First Time (1 story)
  • Gay Male (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (4 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (2 stories)
  • Romance (4 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (1 story)

New stories today

Authors entered so far are:

BenLong, carlieplum, DG Hear, geronimo_appleby (2), HeyAll, Ironiclaconic, JagFarlane, msgrant67, MSTarot, OctavianEarth, sexnovella, silkstockingslover, sirhugs, sr71plt (2), SusanJillParker, Totzman, Tx Tall Tales, xelliebabex, YDB95

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on the category page, the author's page, and the toplists page, can all be different. Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Valentine's Day Contest 2013

I got an idea, I think, for a story. Just not sure if it will work. Hmmmm.

Back