Tigrans' Revenge IC

sir Deson Hild

He stood forward,

"I am not suited for laying false trails, nor traveling to make noise in a distant location. I think it will be best to stay where I can be of use. I propose to stay with the civilians as protection and because there is more healing to be done."

He looked down for a few moments, it was hard to accept your own short-comings, to admit them to others was even harder,

"I could not heal as many as I would have liked, with more rest I should be able to be of service to the wounded once more. That is also one of the reasons that I wish to remain with the civilian group."
 
Scar, Isis and the girls

Isis raised a brow as she smiles at his ill worded statement. ''It's quite alright M'lord..your apologies accepted. The Royal Lancer uniforms are meant to keep us light and fast.'' She leans forward to speak in conspiratorial tone. ''As for cloth..nor did you last I saw..along with two of my girls.''

Scar bowed his head and gave the claws over his heart Tigran salute. ''My condolences if it be true. Lifting his head a roguish gleam shown in Scar's remaining blue eye. But yoou an I be knoowin..theh honorable Goldenmane be thought dead a time er twoo. Nodding as Lord Haki had said his piece, he headed of into the night Scar quietly called after him. ''G'ni..Lord Haki.''

The Morning Meeting

Isis looks up to Scar placing hands on her hips, the girls gathered around her. ''Well..you should come bed down with us. You saw how the girls were drooled over..you well know what folks think all they're good for.'' Scar nods having partaken of their services, yet he was very protective of them all. ''Aye..but with a ill tempered Worgen watchin..these here Boyo's be a thinkin twice afore botherin em.''

As a group the girls surround Scar, hugging him at the same time appreciatively. Isis grins scratches behind his ear, the one that wasn't missing the top half. ''C'mon you hairy wolf.. let's all go get some sleep, you and I have to lead the Claw back to the City. As one they moved to an unattended fire, spreading out their bedrolls and lay down to sleep. The girls fell asleep almost immediately, Isis took a little longer but eventually sleep came. Scar he feel asleep last with Claymore in hand, his blue eye stayed open appearing he's awake.

The Jungle awakened everyone the entire camp, it became busy quickly as the sun rose. The blazing eye of the great Cat of creation, as the Tigrans referred to this Elder Deity. To Scar it was just the damned sun that hurt his eye. ''Gadamn jungle racket..blinding sun.. and Fookin heat alreadeh?!'' Isis and the girls were already up with gear stowed away, they giggle at the grumpy Worgen as they cook breakfast.

Isis playfully kicks his grumpy ass. ''Up with you..you hairy old Wolf. Queen Shella called a meeting..we'll have a quick breakfast and go.'' Scar shook his Claymore at her grumbling, but he got up shaking out his rough gray coat. ''Aye Aye Aye..up with yoou she says! He sheathed his blade with a rumbling growl, jerking his bedroll off the ground rolling it up. As usual wolfing down the breakfast the girls prepared, this being thanks enough to them.

As their own little band Worgen, Lioness and assorted females, walk into the Queens big command tent. Queen shella was more beautiful than the Tigrans tales, but she carried herself as a tested warrior. Scar would follow this Tigrans orders, to a noble death if it's necessary. As her eyes settled on him as she spoke, draws himself up taller his head held high. As she had finished saying what she needed to, he steps forward drawing his sword taking a knee.

''Queen Shella oof tha Tigran realm..Mate tah Honorable King Goldenmane. I am Scar Meadow Blackclaw..oof tha Fang Guardians. We be called to defend those in unjust Wars. My pledge tah yoou my sword..arm tha wields et..bodeh tha supports et..heart tha quikens et..soul tha makes meh mortal. Tah serve yoou foor the retakin of yoour Citeh oof Ardalis.''
 
Last edited:
Felina and Gilly

Felina and Gilly woke up a few hours before sunrise. They found the pile of posters next to them.

“This is GREAT” Felina said. Gilly nodded. Felina held up a poster and read

EVERTHING THE BUGS TELL YOU IS A LIE!
The King would never surrender as long as he could resist.
Where is King Goldenmane?
RESIST THE BUGS!

FO-R​

“We don’t have much time … we’ll need to move fast … let’s go” Gilly warned Felina. The two quickly left the monastery and went through the streets hanging the posters. The process was simple and quiet … They just place their poster on the same nail the bugs had used to hang their posters. Working as a team … meant one person hung the poster and the other looked for patrols. They had covered most of the city and were finishing up in the banker district (they were almost out of posters). Gilly was a bit sad … She would need to tell Felina, it was time for her to move on… she felt herself getting too close to this very likeable tigran potter.

It might have been these thoughts that distracted Gilly enough to be surprised by the bug patrol.

Gilly was hanging a poster and Felina was watching. Unfortunately, Felina was looking for patrols coming into the square Gilly was in … and a patrol came out of an alley which Felina had no direct line of sight to.

“Halt … what are you doing?” One of the three bugs said.

Gilly turned towards the sound. “Just reading the poster you have hung … was I making too much noise?” She asked trying to keep her cool.

“Come with us” The head bug ordered. Gilly knew she was a goner, she was just happy Felina had not been seen. Then suddenly the head bug cried out … both its hands going to its eye … a throwing star was stuck in it. Another bug yelped as three more throwing stars stuck it in the head … and it fell over.

Gilly saw her chance … and raced towards the bugs … pulling out her short swords … she leapt into the air … turning and twisting like some kind of wild gymnast. The swords punched through the last unharmed shadow demon as Gilly whole body was behind their thrusts. As that one fell over dead… Gilly freed her swords and sliced off the head of the patrol leader. The square was again silent … with three dead bugs in it.

Gilly saw Felina running towards her. Felina quickly recovered the throwing stars and wrote “FO-R” on the wall. Then the two took off running … about four blocks away into an area where the earthquake damage seemed bad … they slipped into one of the partially collapsed buildings.

Gilly could not believe Felina had risked her life to save her. “Thanks …” Gilly whispered “But that was foolish … you should have just run … if they catch you … your rebellion would have been over.”

“I’m not going to let them get you … you're my friend” Felina said.

Gilly was shocked. She did not want “friends” it was against the rules of closeness.

“I don’t want friends … I can’t have them … I don’t ever want you to say that again!” Gilly ordered tears running down her face.

“Gilly … we are friends” Felina said placing a hand on her shoulder

“NO” Gilly said

“I think I know what is going on here … you had a friend once and something happened. So now you are scared of having close friends. But here is the difference. You can trust me. I will always be there for you. I’m not leaving … and if someone is trying to separate us … I’ll rip their eyes out!” Felina said as she raised one of her paws … all her claws out.
 
Its bug like eyes glowed in the early morning light … as its insect legs carried it quickly through the jungle. Its weapons, a sword and a throwing axe, were wrapped in cloth so they made as little noise as possible ... to hide its passage.

The shadow demon scout had made it to the outskirts of the City of Ardalis. It made a series of clicking sounds … to warn the sentries on the wall and towers. They returned the clicks and opened the main gate to the city … The bug did not slow down but spurred forward at the thought of how close it was to its destination. There was the Citadella, it turned toward it pulling up short as it spied the entrance guard. Another series of clicks … and it entered the structure and headed for the prisoner cells … and the make shift torture room. It could hear the screams of the Tigran King. It entered the room. The shadow demon commander was talking.

“You have been impressive at resisting my pain spells” The shadow demon commander stated. “But it is for no reason … if your people do not start mining … I will simply kill them all. It is better for your people if you tell them to cooperate.” The shadow demon commander stated.

King Goldenmane was gasping for breath … the pain had been unbearable … it had been so bad … he had lost control of his bowels and shit all over himself. He had almost passed out. The spell attacked every nerve ending in his body. His mind was still screaming … from all the pain inputs. He could not think straight … but the bug commander was talking to him … asking something. But Goldenmane did not care what he asked … there was only one answer he would give.

“FUCK OFF” The lionman chocked out … spit running down his chin …

“Oh my … you are a stubborn one …” The shadow demon commander sighed.

The scout bug moved forward and the shadow commander looked at it. The scout bug started to click and the shadow demon commander’s head nodded in satisfaction.

“Repeat what you just told me … in common so the King can hear it.” The evil shadow demon leader instructed the scout.

“We have located the missing Talon of the Ardalis … and a large group of Ardalis citizens.” The scout stated.

“Send out two legions of our shadow demons … that is over 6000 shadow demons… and destroy them if they don’t surrender.” The shadow demon commander ordered. “You see King Goldenmane … it is better to cooperate … because fighting and resisting will only end … in your destruction. The portal is still open and more and more of my troops continue to arrive. It is foolish to resist anymore.”

“FUCK OFF” King Goldenmane said and collapsed onto the floor unconscious. The bugs around the lionman unshackled him and dragged him back into his cell.

In the Jungle

The queen was emotional about Scar pledge to the city, but she would not let the other see that. "I thank you Scar ... I hope our battle plans can live up to the honor and courage you have displayed."

The other discussed the assignment ... and soon they were set. Scar and Isis and the girls would be headed back into the city to assist the resistance movement. They had worked on three means of communications. The first would be flashing light. The queen had given the worgen a mirror and arranged that in the late afternoon someone from the group would send a flashing light signal up the river. The second means was a series of noises, the noises could be anything … a ringing of a bell … playing of a trumpet, etc. These messages could be sent at night. The final means was for emergencies only. The queen had provided the group with a small crystal ball (baseball sized). If they rubbed it three times clockwise and then reversed that motion three times counter clockwise … the ball would be active. It would allow them to talk with images. The crystal ball had a range beyond 30 miles.

An authentication code was also developed. Each transmission would start with the first letter of one of Isis’ girl’s names. There was Bambi, Emerald, Flame, Iscara, Nutmeg, Pearl, and Ruby. Lastly, if there was trouble and they had been found out. The transmission would start with an “S” for Scar. The team of Scar, Isis and the girls saluted the queen and headed back toward the secret tunnel.

The second group was Skadu, Commander Hatur, Aziza, and Sanura and the 5 Tigran claws units. They would be heading towards the city of bones installing traps and laying false trails. At the City Aziza and Sanura would break off and set up noise makers and more traps … as Skadu would take the 5 Claws back to the river crossing. Aziza and Sanura would then go to the three sisters magic school and recruit any magical help they could find. There was more salutes ...and soon half the army was head away.

Sir Deson Hild, Queen Shella, Lord Haki, and Mirri stayed with the main force and it took a bit longer ... but soon everyone else was headed towards the river crossing.
 
Some would call him unreasonable, some would call him bull-headed, but he had placed himself in the guard surrounding the queen and refused to budge. Of course with any good guard they grumbled, they eyed him with suspicion, he just went on with his duties. At least they were civil towards him and that was about all that counted right then, also the news of his healing had traveled the camp and the results was on display for anybody who wished to see, though he was fighting fit, his body still had to replenish it's healing magic.

He found himself next to the Tigran called Mirri, she was able and from her movements, quite capable. He like that in a leader, one who earns to be where they are, not who were born into that position, or carried favors,

"How have you come to follow this path if you do not mind my asking?"

He had his head turned towards Mirri to make certain the question was directed at her
 
Mirri

Mirri found herself walking beside the Church Knight. He was not very graceful and he moved with all the stealth of a fully grown Junger beast in heat, but she had been told of his amazing feats of healing and her Father had told of the valor and fighting prowess of the Church Knights so she withheld her thoughts until she had seen him in battle.

He asked her for her life story and she walked along in silence a few moments deciding what to tell this man. "I am the daughter of a great hero and brilliant leader of men. He raised me to be whatever I wanted to be but I wanted to be just like him so he taught me all he knew and he knew a lot. I have followed in his footsteps my whole life and I have never regretted it once. He is what a true Tigran should strive to be if one wants to be a warrior. I ask my warriors to follow my example and I expect them to do so. If I see they are lacking in something I will teach them. However if they can't learn it I will send them away. Many have called me harsh, but I would rather that is so than they die because of it. I like to think that so many of my warriors survived because of their training. I also know they are eager to fight back but that will come later."

Mirri was silent for awhile before she turned to look at the Knight. "You now know a little about me. What about you Sir Deson? What caused you to become a Knight of the Church?"
 
He gave a small smile, at least her reasons was better than his own,

"When you are knighted you receive land and a keep along with the title, but I have no wish to rule over anybody, I wished to serve. It turned out that the only way to serve and remain a knight was to join the Church. After my studies there I had become anointed as a Church representative and I am sent to the more dangerous of places."

He looked around,

"The Tigrans are not our enemy, the Word have spoken of a darkness that would fall upon the Tigran people and I was sent here to warn you. I came a few minutes too late. I feel that if I had been told earlier and sent away earlier, there would have been at least two hours."

He shrugged his armored shoulders,

"But The One has a reason for everything, I was not on time for a reason that I can not fathom right now."
 
Gilly didn’t want Felina to be her friend! Everyone she ever cared about has died and she didn’t want Felina to die!! She didn’t know what she was saying, what she was condemning herself to by being her friend!

“No! I can’t have friends! I won’t risk your life by being your friend!” Gilly yelled.

She ran out of the room and outside of the building. She stayed in the shadows so no one would see her, but she just needed to get some air. Felina didn’t know what feelings and memories she brought to the surface just by saying she was Gilly’s friend. Gilly sat down against the building and rested her head on her knees and put her arms and hands around her legs putting herself into a fetal position. She sat there and remembered.

It was dark and her parents had taken her to the local village to practice pickpocketing and even some lock picking. She had been practicing these skills at home and had finally progressed enough to try them in town. She was so excited to be practicing with her parents! They were going to her sister’s house and would be staying there because it was located on the edge of town so they could practice for a few days. After the first day they were all sitting around and talking about how well Gilly had performed her tasks. Gilly went out back a minute to just look at the stars and have a quiet moment. She heard some commotion inside and peeked in a window. She saw the guards from town, they were talking about houses that were robbed and people saying they had seen a halfling around town picking some locks and that she was staying here. Gilly wasn’t as concealed as she had thought. She put them all in danger, but she never robbed anyone. None of them had robbed anyone. Even when practicing her picking pockets she always put it back. Sure there are some halflings who steal all the time and they give a bad name to the others. She was always told you don’t take anything you don’t need and that others don’t have extra so they won’t notice it missing. The guards didn’t listen to anyone in that room. When her father got up to try and talk to them one of the guards hit him and knocked him down. Both my sister and mother got up to help him and the guards hit them also. The guards looked around and then took out their swords and killed Gilly’s family! Gilly couldn’t move, she was in shock by what she just saw! She watched the guards clean off their swords and then leave the house. Gilly didn’t move for an hour, she wanted to make sure the guards were gone. She went into the house and covered her family. She grabbed her father’s short swords and her sister’s daggers; she went over and took down her mother’s bow and quiver full of arrows. She then went back to where her family lay murdered and vowed to find the people who did this and get revenge. She also vowed to never let anyone get close to her again; she never wanted to feel this kind of pain again!​
She realized she was crying and got up, wiped her eyes and walked back inside. “I will help you, but I will not be your friend! This isn’t negotiable! If I get captured you need to run and not risk yourself! If you can’t agree to these terms then I am gone here and now!”
 
Skadu

Skadu was getting tired of these so called 'Scouts' he was lumbered with. He had been asked to train them and they had scoffed that any Tigran from outside their illustrious army could teach them anything. So far their Captain had openly scoffed at his every direction and had continued to order his men like he was in the city. Skadu had to admit they were good but out here they stuck out too much and were far to noisy. They moved too quickly. Instead of allowing themselves to flow from one shadow to the next, they moved in stop start movements that drew the eye too them as it was unnatural in the jungle. Their clothing was wrong and they refused to change it and the Captain was far to arrogant to notice any of this. Finally Skadu had had enough.

At the next clearing he motioned for the scouts to stop and as he was nominally in charge they reluctantly did.
"What is the matter oh mighty Hunter," mocked their leader, "Are we going too fast for you."
Skadu growled deep in his throat and picked the arrogant bastard up by his throat. "Too fast. A hunter cub could go faster and more silent than you. You are all useless and you are to arrogant to even know it. I should just leave you out here to die." He threw the man on the ground.
Scrabbling up he drew his sword and pointed it at the panther in front of him. Skadu just grinned at him. "Oh please, is the little cub threatening me. Put it down before I take that toothpick away from you and shove it up your ass. If you think you are good I will test you." Looking up he noted the position of the sun and then pointed unerringly towards the city of bones. "That is the way we must scout. I will give you a ten minute head start and then come after you. If after 2 hours any of you are still uncaught I will admit your way is better. However if I catch you all you will admit I am better, stop your grumbling and learn. Now go."

The scouts looked at each other and took off. Ten minutes later Skadu pursued them. Twenty minutes after that 10 bodies writhed in a net that none of them had seen and Skadu stepped out of the shadows.
"Now your training begins." he grinned.
 
Felina and Gilly

Gilly completed her ultimatum on “no friendship” and waited on Felina to answer. Felina was not as smart as Gilly in weapons and fighting, but she knew more about friendship than Gilly. You could not just order it away. It just did not work that way. So she nodded to Gilly’s ultimatum and said “I agree … If you get captured I will not risk myself for you.”

That seemed to satisfy Gilly for the moment. “Let’s check this place out” Felina suggested. They both started to examine the building they were in. The lower floor of the structure had withstood the earthquake, but the upper floor had collapsed. There was also a stairway that led down into an older basement area full of wine bottles. There was dust everywhere there were also a lot of erotic pictures on the walls.

“I think we are in a bordello!” Felina suggested holding up a piece of paper that read “Madame Isis’s cat house”

Gilly laughed “So we are “call girls” now?”

“Looks that way?” Felina said laughing “At least the wine bottles made it through the quake. Are you thirsty?” She asked Gilly.

Gilly and Felina sat down and had a drink, relaxing a bit after hanging posters all night.


Jola

Throgram may have been unethical… but he was a good cook. He had found some meat, bread and cheese … which he handed out … but for the bread, he quickly found some butter/vinegar and garlic. These he spread over the bread. Jola and Capt’n Bones both tried the bread this way and thought it was good.

They talked as ate their food.

“I propose we escape from the city via one of the small boats.” Throgram suggested. The thought of doing that had also crossed Jola’s mind. But because Throgram suggested it … she was now totally against. It just seemed like admitting defeat and running away. Jola did not run away that was not in her nature, she was a fighter.

“I plan to stay and fight … and save as many people I can” Jola suggested.

“This is not your fight” Throgram said not understanding the Naga position

Jola looked at him “It is your fight … time for you to join in … Throgram. I also sense this is my fight. The Nest is not far away from here … if the demons take over the Tigran kingdom we’ll be next … or the draconians or both of us. I also sense this is bigger than the city of Ardalis … the demons are up to something. We need to stop them.”

Capt’n Bones had been watching the discussion. He knew that Jola was right … he sensed it too. There was something sinister going on. “Aye … me buxom beauty has a point. It is time for us to be making them bugs walk the plank, the pustulant, pox-ridden flounders!" he said.

“I can see I’m out voted … what can three of us do against a whole army?” Throgram said

“First we get the lay of the land. I suggest we go into the city after breakfast …check out what the bugs have been up to. You two can mix in … there are thousands of tigrans in the city. I’ll need to be more stealthy … and stay in the shadows … I was the only Naga in the city … and anyone spotting me now will give away our position. The gloom over the city is something that will help me, but I’m a creature of the night … That is where I will have the advantage. So at night is when I should be the most active.” Jola explained.

“Aye missy …” The capt’n said “breakfast is done … wee need to be off then”

Jola agreed with a nod of her head. “Let me get my weapons … and I have clothing you may be able to use to adjust your appearance some. Oh and Catp’n Bones … just don’t say too much when you talk to people … your accent is a dead giveaway.”

“Aye …damn landlubbers!” The big tigran sea captain said.

Jola slithered into the next room and returned with some new clothing on. She wore a dark gray leather vest to cover her large breasts, the vest was clothing but also armor. the leather was thick. Around her waist was a thick belt where a small bag hung, a dagger, a sword, and in her hand was a staff. None her clothing worked well for adjusting the others appearences, so they decided to buy some at the market.

The three of them slipped out of the window and back into the river. There was a narrow bit of water between some of the collapsed building … allowing them to swim to shore unseen. They got out of the river and made their way into the city. “I’ll meet you two here after two hours” Jola said. She handed a note to Capt'n Bones who opened is and read silently "don't let him out of your sight" He nodded to the Naga and they both headed off to gather information. Jola disappeared into the debris of the collapsed buildings.

She had been among the buildings for only 20 minutes when she saw a group of 10 shadow demons moving as a group. The lead creature looked like a giant beetle, its nose to the ground. “They are tracking someone.” Jola thought. She decided to follow them, staying in the shadows. Soon the bugs surrounded a building that looked like a whore house; the top floor had been collapsed. The bugs got ready to break the door down.
 
Last edited:
The force moving to City of the Dead

Commander Hatur had been stopping the Claws every hour or two to set up another booby trap or lay a false trail. This stop had been to set up a booby trap. Along the trail they had been following he had some of the soldiers place some scrolls and a few dropped supplies, thing the shadow demons would stop to look at. The spot was prefect as it was on a hill … and it was a natural choke-point, where the jungle was extra thick on either side.

In the thick jungle canopy above the place they had placed the paper scrolls and dropped supplies they had strung up some heavy logs. This trap would be triggered by one of the demon’s picking up a dropped backpack. This was tied to a string and once it was pulled … would cause the dropping of huge and heavy logs. These would crush the shadow demons and then start to roll down the hill crushing more. On the bottom of the hill … the path was wider and the demons would jump to the side of the path to avoid the logs … only to find Commander Hatur had placed pit traps (pits full of shape spikes) at these locations.

As the claws finished up the last bits on their traps … the commander was smiling. “This trap would be particularly unpleasant to the following army!” He thought as the claw got moving again.

The Main Force

Sir Deson Hild, Queen Shella, Lord Haki, and Mirri were part of the main force heading towards the river crossing. Talon Commander was in charge and had order everyone to walk in a single file. This greatly reduced the appearance of the size of her force. If the bugs found their base camp … two trails would be leaving it … a thin one (Talon Leader Mirri) … and a big wide one (Commander Hatur). Naturally, the assumption would be the bigger most disturbed trail would be largest group.

As the civilians and soldiers marched they were making good progress. Lord Haki lead the small trap making group that followed the group and set up traps. But false trails required people coming out of line and helping for an hour to lay a false trail. As the massager went down the line asking for volunteers … Queen Shella surprised everyone by volunteering to lay a false trail. “I’ll need some help …” she said to Sir Deson Hild and Mirri.

The Demon Army

Some general are cleaver and brilliant tacticians, others however are just plain lucky. Subcommander Ekkchew was the lucky kind. He had order the 1st legion to move up and over the thick jungle … the 2nd legions was to head for the Tigran base camp. In this way Subcommander Ekkchew was hoping to catch the Tigran and surround them … with over 6000 shadow demons. This would hopefully cause them to surrender.

The subcommander had no reason to believe that the tigran had left their base camp. The fact that the main force of the tigrans was right now walking into his trap … was just plain luck!!
 
Last edited:
Mirri

Mirri was surprised when the Queen volunteered but then again she was a Tigran and from what she knew of the queen she was an excellent fighter.
"I would be honored to accompany you my Queen. Of course if the good Sir Hild would like to remain here I am sure we will understand," she replied grinning slyly at the queen where he could not see. "After all it would be hard for him to keep up with us in all that heavy armor."
 
Scar leads Isis and the girls off the trail back toward the hidden tunnel. His strong senses of hearing and smell, along with a trained sixth sense developed by years of warfare. Demon lords were a scent one just didn't forget, and thousands of them smelled like hells asshole he thought. Signaling Isis and the girls to take cover quickly, taking a stick to draw Bugs and writing out 6,000.

Scar removes mirror from his pocket, placing it in Inara's paw pointing the high ridge. It was one half mile behind the Bugs, and she was faster than Scar and Isis. Isis frowns switching her tail as he picks her, Scar wiggles his fingers like running legs pointing her. Pointing to Isis impatiently shaking his head no, then points to Inara nods that she sends the signal. Isis had to admit Scar's right by nodding to him and Inara.

Isis gave her a pouch of powder to hide her scent, Inara sprinkles it on her paws rubbing into her fur. Scar digs into his pack poison dust bomb, just in case she might have a need for it. In no time she was out of the line of sight, climbing the ridge hidden by foliage and shadows. Keeping a tree between her position and the bugs, a signal could be safely sent up river. Inara's paws cupped the mirror shielding it, and she flashes the warning signal.

S.C.A.R.-S.I.X.-L.E.G.I.O.N.S.-O.F.-B.U.G.S.-H.E.A.D.-Y.O.U.R.-W.A.Y.
 
Last edited:
Deson did not like to be challenged openly, especially when it refers to one of his short comings, but his training prepared him for this kind of actions so that his reactions wouls not shame his liege or his kind, he merely gave a small bow,

"I shall follow, though I am not as fleet of foot, the armor will leave deeper, easier tracks to follow. And since we will not be sprinting I am sure that I will be able to keep up."

He quirked an eyebrow at Mirri,

"Shall we get more to lay tracks?"
 
False Trail

The queen noticed the small conflict between Mirri and the knight and placed her hand on Mirri shoulder. She smiled "I would trade 10 fleet footed Tigran fighters for this one knight. He will be the strength that will hold the line against the bugs. Just as my husband use to do" The queen stated her eyes watering at the mention of her husband. "It would have been fun to see you and him fight together." She concluded.

Then she turned to Mirri "I volunteered to lay a false trail ... because a good leader ... leads by example. You will see ... many will now volunteer for that duty. Plus I think it will be fun!" She sadi with a wide smile.

The real art to making a good false trail was in how you back tracked off the false trail. There was several approaches the queen had selected two easier ones. The trees and animal prints. As the end of the main force marched by … Shella was with Mirri, Sir Deson Hild and about 15 other tigrans.

The queen looked at everyone “first … if it would be acceptable to everyone … please call me Shella and Sir Hild … would it be ok if we skip the titles as we work?” The queen asked the human knight.

He nodded.

“Great … I have some skill in hiding trails and making false ones. But if anyone has greater skills or a better idea … please correct me. This is about our survival … not anyone’s pride. Agreed?” She asked. Everyone was surprised by her statement but nodded in the affirmative.

“Ok … I purpose you 5 tigrans” She pointed to a group of 5 tigran soldiers and then said “cover up the trail the main force has produced … make it a good 30 minute walk from here. That should do it. You will not be able to cover up all the broken twigs and trampled grass … but do the best you can. When you have completed that task … catch up to the main group.

“Now for the rest of us … we will make it look like the trail actually went in this direction” She said pointed deeper into the jungle. “There is a nice pool of quick sand in that direction … I think we can ... not only mislead them … but set a trap as well!” She said with a grin.

“At the end, the tigrans will be using their claws and climb into the trees. We will use the trees to prevent detection of our trail as we back tracked to the main group. For you, Deson” She said as she reached into her backpack and pull out the hooves/feet of a Lizardwalker. A Lizardwalker was as big as a human but heavier. So the size was right and it did walk on two legs.

“You can place these” she handed them to the knight “on your boots and walk away from the false trail … with your armor on … the tracks will look prefect … you’ll need to make something like a tail that touches the ground every so often … but besides that … your trail should fool the bugs.”

“What about smell of the main force ... ?” Mirri asked.

The Queen smiled “Good point … does anyone have any good ideas?”

“Stink weed” One soldier suggested “it grows in the jungle … spread it around should confuse the trail smells.”

Deson nodded “water works too … perhaps at the quick sand pool … we can cover our escape routes by walking through the water.”

“Prefect … ok let’s get started.” The queen ordered and the teams started to effectively and efficiently make the false trail. The new trail to follow was pretty easy to lay in with 10 Tigrans, Mirri, Shella and Deson. It took the 13 people walking on the false trail … over and over. In 30 minutes they had reached the edge of the quick sand pool.

“Let’s build some bamboo floating bridges out to that island in the middle of the quick sand.” Shella suggested. “Then we’ll sink the bridge and the bugs will be stuck on the island!” Shella suggested.

More head nods and people got busy. The crude bridges were made of bamboo and floated into place. The bridges on this side of the quick sand worked … the ones on the other side would fail if stepped on. Over the bridge on this side … hidden by the thick canopy above hung a huge chunk of a log. The trigger for the release of the log was on the island. Nailed to a small tree was a note. It said “Pull this rope if you love the city of Ardalis!” It was hoped that the lead scouts would not pull the rope … calling for a more senior person to investigate (thus more bugs on the island). When the senior bug got too close on the ground was foot tigger. Any weigh on it and the log would fall down and smash the good bridge to the island. Pulling the rope actually did nothing.
 
Last edited:
Gilly and Felina

Gilly only took a small sip of the wine; she knew she had to keep her senses about her in case a patrol came along. Felina had taken a few gulps of the wine, but didn’t seem to have much of an effect on her. Gilly had leaned back against the wall and closed her eyes. As she sat there she thought she heard something outside. She sat up straight and motioned to Felina to be quiet and follow her. They were in the basement and whatever she heard was upstairs and outside of the house. Gilly and Felina moved under the stairs so they couldn’t be seen right away if someone did come down to the basement. They heard someone break through the door upstairs; they both froze and were afraid to even breathe. Gilly heard them moving upstairs and knew from the sounds that it was a group of demons. If the demons came into the basement they would be trapped and either killed or taken prisoner. Gilly didn’t plan on either of those things happening so she told Felina to stay put and she was going to set a trap in case someone did come down the stairs. Very quietly and quickly Gilly set up a trap so that if someone did come down they would fall down the steps. She also moved some of the wine bottles so that they would reflect in the far corner and hopefully attract the attention of whoever came down, long enough for Gilly and Felina to quickly get up the stairs. Gilly realized this was a long shot that they could escape, but it was better than surrender. She told Felina what she had done and that if they make it up to the top of the stairs without being caught that they had to quickly close the door and she would have to hold it until Gilly could find something to use as a barricade. Felina agreed and was crouched down and ready to move when the chance arose.

It wasn’t long before the beetle leads the demons to the cellar door. The commander had five of the demons go down into the basement with the beetle leading the way. As the beetle steps on Gilly’s trap, some wine bottle corks spread across the step, it slips and falls but not all the way down the steps. Luckily, when the beetle fell is had happened so quickly that the demons behind it were caught off guard and bumped into the beetle and each other and all fell on the stairs, the beetle being pushed to the bottom. When they finally regained their footing, they shined a light in front of them and caught the reflection on the wine bottles, the beetle picked up Gilly’s scent and headed in that direction.

As soon as the other demons followed the beetle, Gilly and Felina quickly and quietly came out of their hiding place and got to the top of the stairs. They closed the door and as Felina was pushing against it, Gilly searched for something to use as a barricade. She saw a big beam that had fallen down and dragged it over to Felina. They quickly put it up against the door so those in the basement couldn’t get out. As they turned around they saw the commander and the other three demons, “Well, what do we have here?” asked the commander.
 
Aziza and Sanura

Aziza and Sanura , her half-sister, were not quiet at all. They were trying and had listened to everything Skadu had told them. But you just could not develop hunting skill like that overnight. They continued to practice as the claws made a wide easy to follow trail towards the graveyard. Commander Hatur had also been helpful in showing them how to build simple traps designed to kill or wound a single shadow demon. Aziza remembered his words as the two worked on their simple trap.

“A booby trap is generally concealed or disguised in some way so that it either cannot be seen or looks harmless. Typically, a booby trap will be hidden inside, behind or underneath another object.” The commander explained. Then he smiled and added “the skill in placing booby traps lies in exploiting natural behaviors of your enemy, such as habits, acquisitiveness and for the shadow demons cruelty and blood lust. So a common trick is to provide the enemy with a simple solution to a problem, for example, leaving only one door open in an otherwise secure building, thereby luring them straight toward the firing mechanism.”

The simple solution was a natural bottle neck in the area they were walking right now. two large bushes were growing here and the easiest way to move is between them. So Aziza and Sanura had pulled back a large branch at the exit to the narrow path between the bushes with a thin rope. It had taken both of them pulling hard to get the branch pulled back. When released the branch would swing forward and slam into the shadow demon exiting the path between the two bushes. They had even put a few spikes on the branch so it was even more deadly. The triggering mechanism was a thin trip wire between the bushes.

As the two worked they had been talking “So father never told you about me? Sanura asked Aziza as they strung the trip wire rope.

“No … it was a big family secret … no one ever talked about you. During the big fight, he was in tears though. He loved you … in his own weird way. But he felt he would be ruined if you were ever linked to him. A half human...Tigran was an abomination to the more conservative minded tigrans. I think deep inside he was still feeling guilt he had an afraid with the human woman. Every time he looked at you it would bring up his own weakness. Of course my mother was not strong on this point either. She saw no reason for you to ruin the business … and family reputation … over one human-tigran half breed. I love my parents but sometimes they are too focused on success … not understanding life is not about money … but happiness” Aziza explained.

“So why did you seek me out?” Sanura asked as she stopped what she was doing and looked into Aziza eyes.

Aziza smiled “So you could help me develop these deathly traps for the shadow demons silly!” Aziza joked. They both laughed.

“It is weird we are talking about this in the jungle … as we build booby traps. This was always the way I imagined my sister and I interacting. Not playing dolls together … and chasing after the same boys … but building booby traps!” Sanura joked they both laughed again. Then she got serious again “Thanks for coming to get me …” Sanura said tears in her eyes.

“You are welcome … and thanks for being my sister” Aziza said as she reached over and placed a hand on her half-sister’s hand. Commander Hatur walked over at this moment and inspected the trap.

“Excellent work … you two are really developing some good skill at this!” He commented.

He placed a series of paper scrolls on the ground “These are exploding fireball scrolls … be extra careful with them. Once in place and you speak the magic word … one tear or rip in the paper … and BOOM … I have seen a few inexperienced trap layers … blow themselves up with these. But they are great for traps. Enjoy!” he said.
 
Jola meets the call girls!

She slithered forward approaching quietly just like a snake. It was actually a bit scary to watch. Jola movements were completely silent. Her body made no vibrations. Her snake tongue flick out into the air. Closer and closer Jola moved she was a predator now.

The Shadow Demon at the broken down door was totally oblivious to the approaching danger. With lightening like speed Jola struck coiling around her victim, her dagger pulled and thrust into the demon’s head. The attack so fast … the demon could not make a single click noise, no warning to any of the others. She entered the house and saw three shadow demons, all of them had their backs to her. They were facing a halfing and a gary tigran. She had never seen a gray Tigran before … but that was a puzzle to solve once the remaining three bugs were dead.

The commanding bug asked the Halfling and Tigran “Well, what do we have here?”

From behind him came Jola’s voice “You have a really pissed off Naga” She said as her sword ripped open the back of one of the guard bugs. It made a gurgling click and was dead. The other one was quick and pivoted towards Jola … its sword flashing … Jola parried and feinted left and then right. Then brought her sword around tried to cut the guard bug’s head off … but it ducked. Jola blade missing and cut through the wall … the bug's sword got ready to trust into Jola's belly …

Felina and Gilly

Felina eyes grew big as the monstrous snake woman appeared behind the three shadow demons. Her upper human half was that of a very beautiful human woman. Her hair was red-brown. She was exquisite, by her judgment of human females. But it was the lower half of her body that was frightening, a massive snake body big, thick, and strong. There was another thing scary about this creature … her eyes. She had deep brown eyes that had a hatred and intensity Felina had never seen before. Gilly and Felina could not defeat the three bugs and this creature … there were too many!

But then something strange happened the creature said “You have a really pissed off Naga!!” in response to the commanding bug question ... then its sword sliced through a guard bug … and the creature began fighting the other guard bug …

The commander bug pulled back … and Gilly was on it right away … her two swords out … as she tumbled and jumped through the air … she was amazing to watch! Felina remember she had weapons too … she pulled out her throwing stars and just as the guard bug got ready to trust its sword into the snake woman … Felina’s throwing stars hit it in the head …bang, bang, bang … the thing screams as both its eyes were out …dropping its sword. The snake woman wrapped its body around the guard bug … and started to squeeze it … “I have a BIG crush on you” the snake woman whisper evilly. This was followed by a “popping” noise and the bug’s brains flowed out of its head.

Felina was about to glance back to see how Gilly was doing against the commander bug … when the basement door broke open “Sharpen your claws … here they come!!” she yelled facing the basement door.
 
Gilly and Felina

Gilly saw the commander bug step back and she knew it was time to make her move. She pulled out her short swords as she did a flip through the air and landed in front of him. “Where do you think you are going? The party is just starting.” Gilly stated as she attacked. The Commander had a big broad sword which was slow to maneuver but he also had his extra legs to help him parry. Gilly’s size helped her dodge out of his way as he tried to slice her with the sword. Gilly twisted and turned and dodged and parried, keeping up with the commander on his every move. Gilly took her eyes off the commander for one second when she heard Felina yell “Here they come” and the commander took advantage and sliced at Gilly. Gilly moved just in time, but not soon enough before the sword sliced her right arm. Gilly grimaced in pain as the tip of the sword sliced her skin. She continued her fight with the commander until she saw her chance, she dodged and twisted and flipped so she was behind him before he realized it. She took her sword and drove it deep into the back of the commander, as he went down she took the other sword and sliced off his head.

Gilly didn’t have time to celebrate her victory; she could see that the others needed help with the group that had come up from the basement. She moved over near Felina, she was trying to fight off a demon and was holding her own, but was definitely at a disadvantage, especially since another demon was heading her way. Gilly came up behind the demon that was approaching Felina and sliced across it’s legs and then cut off it’s head. She reached Felina in time to stop the demon from running his sword through Felina’s belly. Gilly raised her sword to block his downward swing and stepped in front of Felina. “Get back, you are better with your stars, fight from a distance.” Gilly told her.
 
Jola

“Sharpen your claws … here they come!!” The gray tigran yelled as she pulled out her sword and faced what was left of the basement door. The beetle creature burst through and head at her. She got ready to take a swing but it was too fast and rammed her … she went sailing through the air … hitting a wall and fell back on her feet. Luckily the wind was not knocked out of her, but she was going to have a really sore back.

Jola got ready for the beetle to come her direction … but suddenly the beetle thing dripped its head and trust its backside into the air ... a blue white glowing light flew out ... and arched in her direction as the light impacted the ground near Jola there was a magical explosion ... and that threw Jola against the wall ... it also seemed to drain her of energy as well.

She decided right then ... that thing needed to die first!!

Jola spread her hand out wide, staff on one hand, sword in another … looking at the 5 demons coming up from the basement “Shadow demons … you think your plane of existence is the most evil the most powerful … but that is where you are wrong … there is another force more powerful … HATE … look into my eyes … I hope your blood runs cold … I’m the beast you need to fear … there is no place for you to hide … Look into my eyes… my darkness exceeds yours … come to ME … I want to feel your guts spray out of your BODIES … come to MEEEEEEEEE” Jola challenged the demons. They did not know what to do for a few seconds … then they attacked … two headed for the Halfling and the Tigran. The rest headed for Jola.

The beetle got ready to launch another magical explosion but Jola would have none of that. Her staff came around and pointed at the beetle … a lightning bolt sprang out … and struck the beetle right in the head … the sizzling noise and smell was enough to confirm it was dead. The two bugs swords drawn charged at Jola … she parried their blows and countered with a sweeping blow of her own. The first sword tried to parry her blow was cut in half ... the second sword blocked her swing but it knocked the attack bug backwards.

“Don’t come to a fight with me … with sub-standard equipment … DUMB SHIT” Jola growled as her snake tail wrapped around the legs of the broken sword bug … preventing it from moving … then her sword sliced down on its head cutting it all the way down to its chest.

“I guess you have a splitting head ache now …” The Naga giggled …as she advanced on the last Bug near her … they started to trade blows … as sparks flew … Jola was grinning in pleasure.

“You might wonder where the dagger on my belt is?” She asked the bug … and it was true the dagger was gone … as they continued to trade sword blows the bug had no clue where it had gone … “I can see you are wondering … let me show you where it is!!” Jola said as the dagger plunged into the back of the shadow demon’s head … the tip came out of its right eye. The dagger was being held by Jola snake tail …

“I can see … you understand “the point” of my question” Jola said. The dead bug fell over “when you fight a Naga … you need to pay attention to its tail as well as its hands” Jola explained. She turned to see how the other two were doing.

Felina

She was still on her feet but she was shaken up … that beetle thing was powerful. She was glad that the snake woman wanted to take it on. However, two of the bugs were headed for her! As the first arrived she blocked its sword blows … but could not mount any offense … She had never had any formal training in sword fighting … the other bug was approaching … and she had no clue how to defend against two!! Then Gilly showed up … a cut across the bug’s leg and across the bug’s neck … a head rolled away. Gilly was next to her in time to stop the second demon from running a sword through her belly.

Gilly said “Get back, you are better with your stars, fight from a distance.”

“I used them all up …” Felina yelled back … as she ducked another sword swing from the attack shadow demon. Then she got an idea “I can’t use a sword … but I can do this … You Tailless Hairball!!” she was bent over from her duck … so Felina grabbed both of the bug’s legs and pulled as hard as she could … flipping it on to its back. Gilly slammed her sword down into it chest … and it was dead.

“Nice” Felina said to Gilly “I owe you one …but remember we are NOT friends!!” She wrote “FO-R” on the dead demon’s body.

Standing back up … the snake woman approached.

“My name is Jola … I was the Naga ambassador to the tigran kingdom. Why were the bugs after you?” She asked Felina and Gilly.
 
Scar and Isis

Inara's feet ran as fast as they could, but she also made very little noise. “No answer … no answer …” is all she thought as the sun shined brighter now. It was later in the day … another indication that time was slipping away. Everyone in the main Tigran force headed for the river was walking into a trap. She had seen the bug army split … one headed for the old base camp, effectively cutting off the main tigran force escape route … the other half of the bug army was headed for the river crossing thus cutting off the same place the tigran’s were headed. If the tigrans were not warned, the queen and the 5 claws (500 soldiers) and ~1000 civilians would be facing at least 3000 bugs! And if the bugs got lucky 6000 as the two bug armies reconnected.

Inara slowed down and stopped. She was back at the place where Scar had ordered her away. But there was no one here. Then two eyes appeared in a moss bush.

It was Isis.

“Inara … were you followed?” Isis whispered.

“No” she said back to the moss. Isis camouflage was so good … she was not more than 3 feet from the bush and could not see her. She looked for the others … but could not see them.

Isis asked “mission complete?”

“I sent the message many times but there was no reply … I don’t think the scout was in place yet!” Inara explained.

“Gadamn Fookin …Kats …” A dirt mound said as it stood up and shook the dirt off. It was Scar.

Isis shook the moss off her body as well. She had a worried look on her face “We have to warn them!” she said to Scar

Scar nodded “Aye …” he said and pulled out the small crystal ball from his backpack.

“That is for emergencies only” Inara gasped. Isis placed a hand on her shoulder “Trust Scar … he knows that … the queen needs this information right away.”

Scar started to rub the crystal ball three times clockwise and then reversed that motion three times counter clockwise. A fog appeared in the crystal ball and then there was Queen Shella’s face.

“Scar … Isis what is wrong?” She asked. She knew it was important if the two were using the crystal ball.

“Aye … Queen Shella oof tha Tigran realm …” Scar said and proceeded to explain the two armies approaching.

“I thank you Scar … this is very important information. Please continue with your mission … it is important to get the rebellion organized, deliver my message to the citizens. They must know I the Queen continues to live … and please call again if you have more to tell us on the shadow demon army movements” The queen ordered and the image faded.

Scar looked at Isis with a puzzled look on his face. Isis nodded “yes … that was confusing … the queen just ordered us to do two things … go to the city … and follow the bug army movements? How can we do that? Split our forces?”
 
Mirri

Mirri had helped set up the log bridge trap and was feeling good about their days work. As they climbed the trees to make their way back, she stayed below Sir Hild with two other large Tigrans in case he stumbled. At first he made slow progress as he got used to the claws but he soon learned the trick and he moved faster. Mirri was impressed. Some people never figured out how to use the claws and others took a long time. He had picked it up relatively quickly.

The small group was making reasonable time back towards the main body when the Queens orb went off. All progress halted as she took it out and heard the report from Scar. Mirri and Sir Hild were also close enough to hear it as well. As she replaced it in it's cloth sack she turned to them. "Well any thoughts on what we should do?"
"The main body must be informed and quickly," Mirri said. " If we can have them retreat back into the forest we can find a suitable place we can defend and wait until the other Claws arrive back to attack."
Sir Hild nodded "A clever strategy. I may be of some use in setting up your defenses."
"We can send out several of our people to find to find a good spot even as we go towards the main body. Send them out to our flanks on both sides in a wide arc while sending our fastest ahead to warn the main body to retreat. Hopefully by the time we regroup someone will have found a defensable position. It is the only plan I can see working my Queen, " Mirri said. "If all else fails we can always retreat back to the trap we just set, collapse the bridges ourselves and defend the island. Just to be on the safe side we should send two runners back for the claws as well. We loose two fighters for the gain of five hundred."
The Queen nodded."You give sound advice commander. Make it so, we have little time to loose if we are to save our people.

Mirri rose and began to bellow orders. There was shock on Tigran faces but they set about their tasks quickly realizing the importance. Mirri picked the four fastest runners there. Explaining the task they were being entrusted with she sent them off with well wishes as they dissapeared at speed. "Right the rest of you know what to do. Spread out and find us somewhere to hold up and defend. Lets go."
 
The Demon Army

Sub-commander Ekkchew had placed Sub-commander Ikalaz in charge of the 2nd legion. Its mission was to head directly for the Tigran base camp, while the 1st legion Sub-commander Ekkchew would head for the river and enter the jungle there. The 2nd legion entered the jungle and made good progress towards the base camp. Within several hours they had reached it. The Sub-commander Ikalaz walk over the ground studying it, clicking its jaws together every so often, then it came to a conclusion.

Note: Shadow demons had no gender … they were neither male nor female. Some races still referred to all shadow demons as males using the “he” pronoun. However “it” was more accurate.

Sub-commander Ikalaz looked up from the ground and scanned over the large force of over 3000 shadow demons gathered at the deserted base camp. It was an impressive fighting force. In additional to the numerous foot soldiers … the force contained a company of Bombard (beetle looking creature which could throw explosive magic energy bombs) … 2 companies of mounted shadow demons (these were highly trained shadow demons riding atop massive beetles) … there were also a hand full of floating “brain” demons, demon that looked like a brain with tentacle hanging down, they were powerful magic users … finally his eyes landed on the massive Harvester demon. The size of a large dragon … this creature would consume the souls of the tigrans … and hatch new demons from each soul consumed.

The mass of creatures before Sub-commander Ikalaz would be a nightmare for any army to meet on the battlefield. But a disorganized group of tigrans … that included civilians … would be crushed. Ikalaz could not wait to steal the souls of these cat people … and convert them into more shadow demon soldiers … but he was on order not to do that … capture as many as possible was his orders. Ikalaz thought the demonlords … had it all wrong … they should let this army free … to spread across the land unchecked, hungrily consuming the souls of every creature they met … like a creeping mass of death!!

Ikalaz looked to the ground again. Ikalaz was a priest of the shadows, also known as a soul collector. For years it moved independently through the lands, searching for the choicest souls for the shadow demon army. It had secretly killed many … by summoning a death ray from the sky to strike the one bearing its (his) mark. Ikalaz success … had earned it the rank of sub-commander. Ikalaz had one enemy; it HATED the most … a knight from the church. Ikalaz could smell the healing magic of one of those knights … here in the clearing.

Ikalaz turned to its shadow demon messengers

“The Tigrans have split their forces … a large group has headed west and a smaller group headed east towards the river. Sub-commander Kulz shall take 2000 shadow demons and follow the large group. I shall take 1000 demons and pursue the smaller group headed toward the river.” Ikalaz ordered.

There were questioning looks from the messengers … why was the commander chasing the smaller group of tigrans? But they would not ask, it would bring down Ikalaz torturous wraith and their destruction.

Ikalaz knew why … the knight of the church had gone with the smaller group!
 
Scar, Isis and the girls spit forces

''Aye...as much as I dun want tah doo thah.'' Scar reaches out to place his huge paw like hand on Isis shoulder. Leading her away from the girls to speak privately, prior to their own inevitable separation. Turning to face Isis Scar a troubled expression on his face, a tear wells in his usually stern pale blue eye. ''Scar what troubles you my old wolf friend?''

Scar runs his paw down her arm slowly to take Isis paw in his. ''I wish tah keep yoou safe with me...but yoou have yoour duty an I have my oown.'' Bringing her paw to his muzzle to nuzzle it lovingly, turning it gently to place a kiss on the upturned palm. Isis purrs softly at the powerful Worgen's show off emotion, she would step in close against Scar's body to nuzzle his cheek.

''I can protect myself...you already know this...I will return to you and my girls. Scar slides his arms around Isis waist, to hold her closer against his large body. ''Aye I doo...but yoou know I love yoou my beautiful kitteh...if yoou don't return tah meh...'' Isis wraps her arms about Scar's thick muscular neck, running her paws through his fur up to rub his ears.

''You must trust me Scar do you understand me? Isis pulls back some as her green eyes gaze deeply into Scar's. ''Because if you worry you'll be distracted...if distracted you'll get yourself killed. We fight to live we live to fight...a soldiers duty is to try and try do or die.'' Scar's pale blue eye returns Isis gaze just as deeply, they would kiss farewell not goodbye.

''Isis yoou'll take Inara, Jade and Tawny with you doo yoou understand me? Pearl, Fawn and Tia will go with me.'' There was no arguing with Scar once he made up his mind, the 7 years Isis had known Scar was far beyond stubborn. Releasing each other the soldier in them took precedent, walking back to the girls to explain the orders to them all.

A few tears were shed amongst the girls, comforting embraces for each other also. Scar was stoic so he pretended to be, saying their farewells went their separate ways. Isis had taken the lead with Jade and tawny in the middle Inara takes up the rear guard. Scar took lead position with Pearl and Fawn following, Tia a large Liger has the rear guard position.

Both little groups of four made go time, silent and camouflaged Skadu would have been pleased. Dodging Bug patrols and tracking beetles, eventually everyone reached their own destination. Scar found the high thick brush hidden Cistern, as the girls made good false trails. The huge Worgen masked their trail with stink weed, also using a powder that can stop any scent trackers.

''Now...lets git oour arses thoough this tunnel too Isis place. She has thah weapons stash...soo we can kick thah rebellion in thah arse tah git it gooin
 
Last edited:
Of all the people who should have found a defensible position, the last one expected to do so was Deson, he had done his part, worked alongside the Tigrans, laid false trails and now he helped search for a defendable position. There was many, but they almost had no time to build up defenses, so they had to be helped by the land and looking for that position is how he came across the spot. It seemed to be a washed out ditch, on the sides was rock and the ditch was broad enough to fit only four bodies alongside each other.

It seemed more like a place to lay a trap, but as he moved along the ditch, it deepened and he could see that it ran into the mountainside, it would be the perfect battleground, holding the line and falling back until you get to the mountainside and then it would be a battle of who gets the high ground, which would be the Tigrans. He smiled a grim smile, time for those Tigran traps. He returned the way he came, looking for the queen. When he found her, he gave a brief description of the ditch and the battle that would allow them to gain the mountainside
 
Back
Top