Christmas disappearing from the public sphere

renard_ruse

Break up Amazon
The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.

It is not a war. Men and women just no longer believe in fairy tales. Why does that frighten you?

The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.

The most important, festive, cultural celebration in western civilization for centuries has been Christmas. It was the King of Holidays. The anti-western civilization extremists behind the War, want to get rid of ALL our traditional holidays as a way to unmoor society from its cultural roots so they can reshape it in whatever post-modern image suits them.

This is precisely why Christmas is target number one, it IS the King of Holidays, but make no mistake all the other traditional holidays are also on the long term hitlist (Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Columbus Day, even Thanksgiving). They don't seem to have a problem (yet) with New Year's Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Marty King Day, etc, though time will tell if they go after those days as well.

Be clear, though, the opposition that some of the buffoons who defend the cleansing of Christmas and forcing it into the closet make about it being a target because it has religious roots, is NOT why the establishment is going after it (to them, that's an added bonus). No, the reason is because its the King of Holidays and the most beloved and special of our traditional festivals.
Don't buy into that bullshit. As long as they can be commercialized and marketed around, those holidays aren't going anywhere.

Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.

Christmas is a target, not just (or even primarily) because of its roots in and/or connection with religion. Its a target because its the King of Holidays. Its associated in people's minds with beloved childhood memories, family gatherings, and parties with friends and loved ones. These types of holidays subconsciously encourage traditionalism and romantic nostalgia in people, and form a threat to the establishment's effort to completely re-engineer society away from its traditional cultural roots.

Report to the Re-Education Center immediately.

(In your case, that would be "GED Night School.")

There's no war, if there is, nobody has shot at me for having a christmas tree up...yet. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Nah, you overcomplicate things. Jews and Muslims are just jealous that they didn't get presents when they were kids and want to get even with Christians.

I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.

I wonder if dickhead renard knows that Easter is actually more important to Christianity than Christmas? Probably not.

Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.

They don't like it when you know their mythology better than they do.

Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.

Again, "Dan," I could care less what is more important to Christianity. As I stated, the War on Christmas, is not really about hatred of Christianity or even of religion in general, for reasons I mention in the posts above. Yes, some of the Christmas haters who support a cleansing of the holiday from the public sphere are motivated by anti-Christian hatred and/or anti-religion bias, but the issue for those really behind the War is not about that.

Again "renard" you clearly do care about Christianity and tossing out all other religion or non-religion. Now I know you're just a piece of shit troll but do me a favor and google "Cockefeller Center". Guess what you'll see? A giant fucking Christmas tree!

You really are a piece of shit. Also you just got owned.

Dumbo, I'm not even Christian. I suppose I'm of Christian heritage or had Christian ancestors, but I've never been a believer or practitioner myself. My family was not religious at all growing up, but we celebrated Christmas (and Easter) in a big way. They were festivals, like Thanksgiving, only bigger.

Now, some liberals or conspirators want to take them away. Yes, that "scares" me because I cherish these festivals and don't want to have to hide in my home in fear someone will find out I celebrate them.

The festivals themselves go back a hell of a long way before Christianity.
It doesn't really matter what you call them, just as it really doesn't matter if you celebrate behind closed doors or in the open....

really, we should just go back to the original way we celebrated xmas by getting completely fucked up and tearing shit up. it's what jesus would want.

The War on Christmas has taken on more subtle, yet even more insidious forms this year. In past years, the tactics used in the War on Christmas have been more overt, in-your-face, even sometimes downright obnoxious.

This year, for the most part, the tactics have changed to much more subtle and gradual "erasing" of the signs of Christmas from the public space. Not just governments, but private businesses in general are simply not decorating public places to the extent they used to. Places that used to be elaborately decorated for the holidays are either much more downscaled in their displays or simply aren't putting anything up at all.

The War on Christmas hasn't gone away, its gone underground with much more pernicious effects. The long term goal, of course, is to force Christmas into the home, with the blinds pulled, and then gradually it will fade into oblivion entirely.

It's Obama's fault

I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.

I was at Wally World the other day, around 6 am. In 2005 the place was an ant nest of activity at 6 am, now its empty and quiet. That means the economy sux pretty bad. An article I read today confirms what I saw.

Could be a harbinger of the November election, where voters shove Democrats back into their closets and nail the doors shut.

Well if you read an article then it's confirmed.

Looks like Obama is headed for defeat Tuesday. Evangelicals are expected to come out in droves (they stayed home when McCain ran) and clean Obamas clock. So how bad will it be for the head nigga in charge?

I expect 300+ electoral votes for Romney.

Commerce is diluding it, by pushing the start of christmas shopping, and with it the barrage of trees and stars and elfs and whatnot, further and further towards midsummer. By the end of December everyone is fatigued.

Back