The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this song, "Bound" by Indiana. I'm in love with it. It reminds me of so many naughty and fun things. Thought I'd share. :)
 
Geez. I was hoping while they were in there, they'd have taken out the place that generates the desire to post a dancing banana. Fucking doctors...can't trust 'em when you need em. ;)

Thanks guys :)

SW how you doing hon?
I kinda *like* the dancing bananas, in certain circumstances, occasionally. I try, most of the time, not to overdo them. Try.

Now that I'm back on a computer (even though a laptop, which doesn't fit my big-ass hands very well) instead of a teeny-tiny phone keyboard, here's a (I hope) fairly brief synopsis of what's gone down with my brainpain. If it's tl;dr, just drop to the last graf :p

The two "strokes" (early and end of November) weren't strokes. They were seizures caused by a malignant tumor in the right parietal lobe of my grey matter. Fortunately, it was apparently about 99% in the sensory area, not the neighboring motor area, meaning that I now have significant sensory deficit on the left side of my body, 80-90% loss of sensation at the left top part of my head, decreasing in a more or less straight-line axis to perhaps 50-60% loss of sensation in my left hand (not wonderful for typing, but not devastating - just some retraining), to about 10% loss at my left foot. However, there is almost no loss of motor function, especially fine motor skills, which means I can continue working and making a few bucks to blow at the casino ;)

When they cut out the tumor, they pretty much got all the "visible" tumor. However, they still have to complete the fine biopsy process on the removed parts to see what kind(s) of bad cells they are. There are essentially two major divisions: one type, if you cut out the "visible" parts, that's it; they don't metastasize (spread rapidly and create new tumors elsewhere). The other kind sends scouts out through the bloodstream and/or lymphatic system and can establish new "colonies" hither and yon. If it's the former, I may need some (a reasonably short course of) chemo or radiation therapy in a few weeks, and that would probably be pretty much the end of it, except for periodic check-ups. If the latter, I *will* need chemo and/or radiation at higher levels, and probably for a longer period, and more frequent check-ups.

On the whole, though, I feel pretty good. I'm happy to have the "thang" gone, at least the part we know about, and a reasonably positive prognosis. The head neurosurgeon seems to have a fairly optimistic attitude, so I'm going to adopt that for myself. After all, a positive attitude certainly can't *hurt* anything, especially if I'm working at "being good" and following directions for a good outcome.

I do want to thank so many of you for your words of encouragement, prayers, positive thoughts and vibes and gentle tweaking. All of that has been a big help to me in keeping myself positive about this experience. People here have been a big part of my life over the past 8.5 years, and I'm very very glad to have such a great bunch of pixellated friends. Y'all are the best. :heart:

ETA: Oh, yeah. They let me out of the hospital near noon today, less than 72 hours after digging around in my brain with a spoon, lol! Amazing what advances they've made in the past 20 years or so! We hope to leave for home tomorrow a.m., but since we're currently in about 6" of snow and semi-white-out conditions, that's a little iffy at the moment.
 
Last edited:
Sir Winston. :rose: So very happy to hear from you. And.... I appreciate the technical explanation and thank you very much for putting it in simpler terms. All in all, it does sound pretty positive as far as prognosis, huh? Happy you have an upbeat optimistic doctor. Makes a world of difference. I'm happy too you're rid of that damn 'thang'. Please do behave yourself as best you can. I'll be sending hugs regularly, and chocolates when I'm allowed.

Kisses your cheek goodnight. :kiss:
 
Thanks for the update, SW!
I'm firmly planting my feet on the side of all positiveness for you!*
*big bear hugs to you*
 
New beaming gif in honor of SW. On to the next step, buddy.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • gl2.gif
    gl2.gif
    99.2 KB · Views: 149
I just have no words for today.
On one hand it was a great day of travel and weather and family togtherness and on the other hand its two broke down vehicles. While we're trying to save up for a trip back home in June no less.
 
Last edited:
The speech doc hath spoken, and I'm now forbidden to speak to groups for about the next two months. This is going to be tough on a guy who's practically addicted to public speaking.
 
I miss osg.

Hmmm makes me think. I wonder if she's ok?


On a related note, I had made a good friend in another woman who used to post here. We'd pm and talk daily. I know she was experimenting with a new Dom and then all contact stopped. She hasn't responded to my PMs or been on here or Fet in a year. I'm scared something happened to her. She's in another country and I have no idea how to find out. I think of her often.... :(
 
Hmmm makes me think. I wonder if she's ok?


On a related note, I had made a good friend in another woman who used to post here. We'd pm and talk daily. I know she was experimenting with a new Dom and then all contact stopped. She hasn't responded to my PMs or been on here or Fet in a year. I'm scared something happened to her. She's in another country and I have no idea how to find out. I think of her often.... :(

It's possible in that situation that she simply was told not to contact people anymore. She may be fine, and happy. Something could have happened, but she could also be fine. There's no way to know.

For osg, anything is possible. We know that her relationship was unconventional and included physical violence. She may also have just drifted away from here. No way to know, really.
 
After 9+ hours on the road, so long partly because (I'm pretty sure) one or more of my meds have a water pill component in them, and partly because I wanted/needed to get out and stretch my legs a bit, I'm about ready for a snack and the sack. SO glad to be home to our bed!
 
After 9+ hours on the road, so long partly because (I'm pretty sure) one or more of my meds have a water pill component in them, and partly because I wanted/needed to get out and stretch my legs a bit, I'm about ready for a snack and the sack. SO glad to be home to our bed!

Snuggle up, SW! You deserve it!
(SO glad you're home!)
:rose::kiss::rose:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top