Climate continues to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical. Heat is climate change. Current record-setting lows at other locations is just weather am I right?
Read this very slowly:
WEATHER IS SHORT-TERM; CLIMATE IS LONG-TERM.

GLOBAL WARMING ==> MORE ENERGY IN THE HYDROSPHERE ==> MORE ENERGETIC WEATHER OVER TIME: HOTTER HOTS. COLDER COLDS. STORMIER STORMS. DRIER DROUGHTS. FLASHIER FLOODS. SOMETIMES ALL AT ONCE.

GLOBAL MEANS EVERYWHERE, NOT JUST YOUR BACKYARD.​
See, that's not so difficult.

Can anyone recall a year in which there was not some sort of weather record set on any given day?

Read this very slowly:
WEATHER IS SHORT-TERM; CLIMATE IS LONG-TERM.

GLOBAL WARMING ==> MORE ENERGY IN THE HYDROSPHERE ==> MORE ENERGETIC WEATHER OVER TIME: HOTTER HOTS. COLDER COLDS. STORMIER STORMS. DRIER DROUGHTS. FLASHIER FLOODS. SOMETIMES ALL AT ONCE.

GLOBAL MEANS EVERYWHERE, NOT JUST YOUR BACKYARD.​
See, that's not so difficult.

A n d F r o d o i s o n l y i n t e r e s t e d i n H O T T T w e a t h e r. -In quite specific backyards. -As if it means anything. At all.

Also, you lack even the most basic understanding of thermodynamics. The temperature differential on an average day has more energy to account for then any of the dribble you posted above.

You string some words together in a way that tickles your ego and then repeat them ad nauseam as if they mean something. -Like that drivel that you're constantly posting about Hillary having "won the country but lost the election."

You're such a two-dimensional cartoon character.

Well that is irritating. I go to all the trouble to add 3 spaces between each word that I double spaced and the Forum goes and removes my extraneous third space. Where does it get off formatting for me?

Well that is irritating. I go to all the trouble to add 3 spaces between each word that I double spaced and the Forum goes and removes my extraneous third space. Where does it get off formatting for me?
Maybe it determines the significant digit of spaces for you.

Maybe it determines the significant digit of spaces for you.

It's been three, maybe four years since I explained the concept to you and referred you to resources for further study and you still don't even have the basic grasp of a fairly simple mathematical concept. Sad!

I'm curious- do you alarmists have a specific day of the week that you consider your Sabbath to worship Gaia, and are there any rituals that you engage in?

Record highs have been outpacing record lows for decades.

https://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/news/1036/record-high-temperatures-far-outpace-record-lows-across-us

In 2017, there were 2.96 record highs for every record low in the US. That's including the current cold snap.

http://www.climatesignals.org/data/record-high-temps-vs-record-low-temps

And this means the climate is signaling, exactly what?

What would the temperature be today at your house if man had never existed on the Earth?

What will the temperature be at your house a hundred years from today assuming the CO2 levels are double what they are today by that point?

Show your work.

2017-12-29040542_shadow.png

Spot on.

Right when people are specifically dying from record cold, Frodo posts some tripe about unseasonably warm weather. Weather is, and always has been, extremely complex and varied.

California drought that wasactually caused by government intervention in what was simply returning it to its natural desert state by eliminating the cooler temperature and subsequent increased precipitation brought about by large-scale irrigation projects shuttered now by the government was somehow climate change as if a half a degree could have made any impact at all.

Then, recent flooding cycle which occurs intermittently in deserts all over the world as the fluke that it is was suddenly climate change as well.

Reminds me of the weather rock and how accurate is at identifying the weather l...it's simply a rock on a string- if it's moving it's windy if it's wet it's raining.

"Climate $cience" remains a near-perfect example of pseudoscience. The data are so bad that it makes an intelligent observer laugh at the solemn pronouncements of the high priests and credulous sycophants.

...because of latitudinal (temperate zone) and altitudinal (lapse rate) differences, a global average temp[erature] is meaningless. OTH, a global average stationary station anomaly (correctly calculated) is meaningful, especially for climate trends. So useful if the stations are reliable (most aren’t),

On the other hand, useful anomalies hide a multitude of other climate sins. Not the least of which is the gross difference between absolute and ‘anomaly’ discrepancies in the CMIP5 archive of the most recent AR5 climate models. They get 0C wrong by +/-3 C! So CMIP5 not at all useful...​

It's best understood as the religion that it is. It has its acolytes and it's apostates.

Frodo who he clearly has no background in math or science is an eager, devoted believer. He is absolutely convinced that things that he believes are true and him believing those and others being skeptical makes him inherently smarter. It's complete circular logic.

It is absolutely no different than those other, end of the world, cults who go back and recalculate when the end of the world doesn't come and they arrive at a new truth and a new future apocalypse.

California had record rain, record drought, record heat, record fires - all in the same year.

That's not *weather changing*.

The only real argument is how much we are responsible for.

California had record rain, record drought, record heat, record fires - all in the same year.

That's not *weather changing*.

The only real argument is how much we are responsible for.

The fires are a direct result of the rain increasing vegatation. The fires are not a record, other than their impact on men, which are recent arrivals, geologically speaking.

You still live in a natural desert zone that you have chosen not to artificially irrigate. The California of your youth was artificial, created by surrounding farms. Development and bad water policies killed it and returned California to the whims of El Nino cycles..

Last edited:
The fires are a direct result of the rain increasing vegatation. The fires are not a record, other than their impact on men, which are recent arrivals, geologically speaking.

You still live in a natural desert zone that you have chosen not to artificially irrigate.

You sure about that, Que? I mean, I'd pull up some facts about why/how the fire(s) started if you'd like. I'll start with the acreage of land that the fire burned - the largest amount whether man was here or not. Now, you can postulate that the meteors that took out the dinosaurs and lizard people caused a larger fire, I suppose.

And artificially irrigate? Like a giant fucking aqueduct?

The California of your youth was artificial, created by surrounding farms. Development and bad water policies killed it and returned California to the whims of El Nino cycles..

The first year I lived in Cali was an El Nino season. Keep throwin' your bullshit against the wall in hopes that it sticks and I'll keep pointing out how wrong you are.

Deal?

The first year I lived in Cali was an El Nino season. Keep throwin' your bullshit against the wall in hopes that it sticks and I'll keep pointing out how wrong you are.

Deal?

What does that have to do with anything? El Nino is cyclical. I would assume you experienced it. It inceeases rain. Now, as I just explained it is your only source of rainfall, rather than the supplimental rainfall caused by increased evaporation and cooler temperatures caused by large tracts of irrigated farmland.

What changed was farmland, not El Nino. Do try to follow along. Maybe read it out loud a couple of times for understanding.

What does that have to do with anything? El Nino is cyclical. I would assume you experienced it. It inceeases rain. Now, as I just explained it is your only source of rainfall, rather than the supplimental rainfall caused by increased evaporation and cooler temperatures caused by large tracts of irrigated farmland.

What changed was farmland, not El Nino. Do try to follow along. Maybe read it out loud a couple of times for understanding.

You explained that is my only source of rainfall? You mean the opposite, I'm sure but, you're a lying moron. Much of what's being developed was never farmland so you're wrong again.

Do try to quit trying to convince people who actually have first-hand knowledge of their business that you know anything.

Last edited:

Deal?
The bull is well-fed and shits copiously.

The bull hates human civilization and wants it gone.

The bull doesn't care how long it, and other lifeforms, can tread water.

The bull must be a castrated steer with no offspring.

The sterile steer is munching loco weed.

This never ends well.

Shit.

It's been three, maybe four years since I explained the concept to you and referred you to resources for further study and you still don't even have the basic grasp of a fairly simple mathematical concept. Sad!

I'm curious- do you alarmists have a specific day of the week that you consider your Sabbath to worship Gaia, and are there any rituals that you engage in?
Your sig fig argument was shite then, and it's still shite now. Maybe you'd prefer to see the numbers in hexadecimal instead. Then they'd look so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back