OOC -- "An Alien World"

AngelEyes1994

Literotica Guru
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Posts
742
CLOSED FOR NOW
We have enough PCs for right now.
Will open it again soon ... maybe.​

OOC

"An Alien World"

Game Thread

This is a reboot of a role play
that never even got started.
I am both borrowing from the original RP
and adding new stuff.

If you are interested, please PM AngelEyes1994.​



(Links are coming for the following.)

Background
How we got to where we start.

The Story Thus Far
As it says, the story as it is unfolding.

Characters
Who's Who in Our Story

Joining

CLOSED FOR NOW.
How to get a character sheet and join the fun.

Dice Rolls
How I will use die rolls to determine results.

Encyclopedia
Everything you need to know
to feel like you're really here!
 
Last edited:
The Background
  • En route to a distant planet, a transport carrying thousands of settlers is redirected without explanation to a different planet in a different star system.
  • The original destination had vast, flat plains onto which the transport's shuttles would have glided to safe landings.
  • This new planet, however, is covered by mountains and thick rain forests.
  • The shuttle pilots attempt to land their craft safely, but most suffer damage -- and loss of life -- to varying degrees.
  • Fortunately for the crash survivors, the planet is inhabitable.
  • Unfortunately for these survivors, the planet is inhospitable.
  • Dangers lurk in every direction, from microbes to monsters.
 
To create a player character (PC) and join the game:
  • Select "Quote" below to open a reply window.
  • Highlight and copy everything between but not including [ quote=AngelEyes1994;77095404]] and [/ quote].
  • Paste the copied text into a PM to the Hostess, AngelEyes1994.
  • DO NOT delete any instructions or formatting code. I'll do that.
  • Complete the sheet.
  • PM the sheet.


Player Character's Name:

Image:

Age:

Skill/Career (for original destination):

Additional Skill or Value (for eventual destination):
  • This is the ability that your character will be able to employ in her new situation.
  • Many of the original skills/careers will continue to be used here, such as doctors continuing to be doctors; while others might need to take a different course, such as armed security becoming hunters.
  • If you don't know how your character's skill will come to be of use now, just enter "Don't know yet."
  • If you want to create a situation where your character wants to investigate new beginnings, just enter "Looking for a new direction".

Note:
  • Experience Level and Modifiers begin as I indicate below.
  • Do not alter them unless told to do so.

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2

Special Possessions: (Ignore)
 
Last edited:
Lieutenant Mimi Robb: Shuttle Pilot/Section Leader

Age: 26

Additional Skill or Value (for eventual destination): Electrical/Engineering experience.

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2
 
Last edited:
Kim Lee: Commander, Mother Ship

Age, gender: 46, female

Note:
  • This character is not on the planet but is still on the Mother Ship.
  • She will act as a sort of information outlet to those on the planet.

Experience Level (XL): N/A

Die Roll Modifiers: N/A

Special Possessions: N/A
 
Ready, set, go...

If you were subscribed and waiting for the go ahead, I think we're ready to begin.

Go to the first post of the OOC, where you will find links to the List of Characters and the Character Profile Sheet. Look at the List to get an idea of how other players have created their profile -- at this moment, I am the only one with a posted profile but that will change -- then complete your own profile and PM it to the Hostess.

Your character can have just about any skill you can think of, but remember something important: all of the colonists were going to a distant planet to begin creating a new world. We don't need 50 armed security guards. We don't need 50 whores. We don't need 50 doctors. Get the hint?
 
How the dice rolls work:
  • First, I will not be using dice.
  • Most people understand the concept of and notation for die/dice rolls, so I will continue to call them die rolls.
  • I will actually be using playing cards, 10 of them to be precise.
  • I found that they fit in a pocket of the wallet I carry, even when I don't carry a purse.
  • I will shuffle them, draw from them, and use the results:
    • One card drawn from all ten cards, Ace to 10, will act as a ten sided die (d10).
    • Two cards drawn in succession will act as percentage dice.
    • At times, I may use d4, d6, etc. But that won't be often, except possible to indicate a result for a specific PC or NPC.
    • Example: 5 PCs are attacked by a creature. Which does it attack? d5 (meaning Ace through 5) says it is PC whomever.
 
Last edited:
Rachael Peters -- Zoologist


Age, gender: 32, Female

Additional Skill or Value:

Identify new species.
Studying animal behavior.
Limited surgery skill.

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2

Special Possessions: None yet.
 
Tony 'Tombstone' Peters -- Security Officer

Age, Gender: 36, Male

Additional Skill or Value: Hunter/ Tracker

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2

Special Possessions: None yet.
 
Okay, for all of you subscribed to the OOC, I want to first apologize for taking so long. This RP requires me to be at my laptop at home to put it together, and I haven't been lately ... at my laptop at home, I mean.

Second, I want to tell you about the compromise I have made between our original host's concept and my own. I think this change will make the game easier for me to manage and the story more interesting for you to partake of:
  • Each player can have 1 or more PCs in one location, but all players will INITIALLY have their PCs separate from the PCs of other players. (More on how to combine PCs from different players later.)
  • As you recall, to deal with the fact that IN REAL LIFE all players will see every reply from every other player and, thus, know things that IN THE GAME their isolated PCs would not know, our original Host came up with the idea of each of the Sections being in communication with the Mother Ship in orbit; that they would make reports to the Mother Ship; and that these reports would be shared with all Sections.
  • We will stick with that ... with some changes:
    • Each player will conduct the current Turn via PM to me.
    • Once that turn is complete, we will post it as if it were a report to the Mother Ship.
    • Doing it this way allows you and I to keep certain facts and details secret between ourselves while posting shared information to the Mother Ship for other PCs (and players) to use.
    • Anytime information known only by one player becomes common knowledge to all (or most) of the other players, I will post it to the Encyclopedia (which will be an OOC link with all major topics listed alphabetically.
  • This may sound more complicated than the old way but I like it.

More later, but right now I have a long bike ride to work...
 
Mackenzie Johnson -- Mechanical Engineer

Age: 27

Additional Skill or Value: Tool repair/fabrication, building knowledge.

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2
 
Last edited:
Okay, so an update for our writers:
  • I promise I will have something up before the day is over to get y'all started in the Game Thread.
  • Concerning the profiles:
    • Section #1 of each profile -- that section already posted for each of you -- is very basic.
    • This makes it easy for all of us to very quickly glance at and learn from your profile.
    • However, below Section #1 -- which eventually include possessions and key events affecting that character, too -- you are free to add any notes you wish in the future in a new section, which we'll logically call Section #2.
    • So, if you want to include some past history, a physical description, a psychological description ... anything ... you are welcome and even encouraged to do so.
    • If you ever want us to remember things your character has done during the course of the story, you can always add links to Game Thread posts in Section #2. (I will soon do so with Mimi's profile to give you an example of what I'm talking about.)
    • If you have not added an image and wish to do so, go for it:
      • If you do, please do not add it using the "Insert Image" function. Use the "Insert Link" function, like I did for Mimi's image.
      • Try not to use a famous celebrity. Add a little reality by using someone we don't know.
      • And if you need to add physical description, do it in Section #2.
      • Just please do not encroach upon that top section.
    • My current thought for the beginning of the Game Thread is this:
      • I will post one big Game Thread that applies to all PCs.
      • Each player will PM me their initial thoughts, questions, comments, and moves.
      • We will trade PMs a couple of times if necessary.
      • And then I will send you a result for your actions.
      • At the bottom of the results, you are free to add creative description like you would in any role play.
      • Also, although you are not required to do so, I will give opportunities for the players to create and describe our landscape, wild life, plant life, etc., for additional experience points. Like I said, you are not required to do so, but it might be fun.
    • Okay, I'm getting ready for work, but I'll work on this some more tonight.
 
Mike Stewart -- Surgeon

Age: 29

Additional Skill or Value: First aid skills, Medical expertise.

Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2
 
Marion Jacobs -- Botanist

Age: 29

Additional Skill or Value:
  • Poisonous plant identification.
  • Crop planting and cultivation.
  • Identification of medicinal plant life.
Experience Level (XL): L2.

Die Roll Modifiers: +2
 
I know some of you are still waiting for this to begin.

I want to apologize for not getting it going.

I didn't understand what my problem was until just this morning: I am afraid it will be too much too handle, and right now I am in a lot of transition in RL because of the onslaught of spring time chores.

I will get this going ... but it probably won't happen until I am done with school for the year ... June.

Please, remain subscribed, and I will let you know when we are ready.
 
Back
Top