Vailyn's Isle

Vailyn

Quixotic Paradox
Joined
Nov 15, 2000
Posts
2,639
I'm biting the bullet and creating my own space to write down ideas, brainstorm, chat or fantasize. After all, the only limits are those I create to bind my imagination.

Welcome to my Isle, a small island hidden in the tropics. A determined visitor may travel from one end of the isle to the other within a true day. Pure white beaches drop into a colorful coral drenched seas and a dormant volcanic mountain peak rises high in grand sovereignty. Between the sea and the mountain, lies a wild tangled wood with majestic falls, delicate grottoes, sheer cliffs, caves, hidden caverns, wild life and home.

The house is only a short distance from the beach and nestled near the edge of the wildling woods. A three story classic southern plantation house with a few modern touches. Seven steps lead up to the front wrap around porch and the four tall, roman columns that guard the main entrance. Parts of the house are still in consideration and only hazy thoughts but a visitor can easily find their ways into the foyer, sitting room, kitchen, dining nook, library, art room, media center and bedrooms.

Welcome to Starhaven, my home of dreams and possibilities where almost anything may happen.
 
Last edited:
My Story Ideas

Siren's Love: The call of a siren draws many to their unearthly deaths by drowning in the ill fated waters. No matter how lovely the song that has been sung, sirens are doomed to never have the passion and love that humans take for granted. A man finds an extraordinarily beautiful and naked woman on the shore in the midst of a tumultuous storm. He falls in love with the lovely, mute woman.

Haunted: The explicit dreams came almost every night. She could swear it was really happening but no one would be there when she woke up. It would just be her tangled up in covers. It would be her left alone aching. The dreams started when she moved into the house she inherited from Aunt Sally. A beautiful old Victorian that's a little worn down and needs some repair. A perfect home for an up and coming interior designer.

Sacrifice: What are you willing to do to save the ones you love? How far would you go? What happens to a person when their everyday ordinary life takes a turn towards a nightmare? What would you do if you have to leave everything you know for a hell you don't? Will you be strong enough to retain the core of who you are or will it all vanish like a dream that you wish was still true?

Something to Remind You: A fallen angel from heavenly grace. The lie of angels and their angelic rights have been perpetrated for years beyond count of weak mortal minds. The lie to ease the mind and hide the truth which goes by unremarked. How a nugget of sense lies within every night time tale told to restless a child. Here is one such without the armaments of grace. How do you help to heal someone who was never meant to be broken?

Just a Kiss: It's just a kiss. The price you have to pay for the fallibility of a reckless guardian who gambled it away. It's just a simple pressing of lips to lips. But those aren't the lips of a human. They're not the lips of a person. Not a man or a woman. What kind of prize is a kiss?!? Yet, her first kiss was gambled and lost to a stranger who was stranger than she could have ever fathomed.

The Shadow Academy: A secret mercenary school that takes in young children and raises them to become the most deadly mercenaries known to world. Students graduate at 18 if they pass the Initiation Exam and begin taking jobs as mercenaries. Specialties can be learned and trained in order to become a Master. Only the best survive. Only the strongest will remain to fight.

I See Dead People: An oh so ordinary girl who enjoys hanging out with friends, thanking God for Fridays, eating ice cream on vag-chats and trying to figure out if honey or maple makes everything better. Until the moment she becomes other than ordinary. When she becomes almost blank and says something cryptic that comes true. The moment she goes pale and screams about a ghost attacking you.

Spirit and the Monk: For hundreds of years, she has lived in the heart of her family and never gave thought of other beings or lives beyond her own kind. Til the stranger stumbled into their village and fell over in a dead faint. A man! One of those smelly humans that live short lives and die. What use are they?

Absolute Surrender: She would never have described herself as a submissive. Never imagined herself to be the kind of woman who would give control over to a man. The concepts are foreign and unlike anything she has ever done in her life. Then... He crashed into her life like a storm. It all started with one command. Just one.

Molten Fusion: A night out with friends to a local dance club. Just what she needed to wrap up the work week. Sexy dress, carelessly wild hair and the thrum of anticipation made for a good start. She was having an amazing time when she found herself dancing with a virile man who knew how to move. Enthralled by his dancing skills and charged by the natural chemistry between them, she couldn't have asked for a better night. She didn't ask for what happened, but it did.

Storm Light: Dancing wildly in the clouds, storm light leads the way to a land of paradise. To follow is a deadly path of trials that many fail to survive. Yet the lure of a vibrant land full of life is one that has compelled countless people to journey on despite the risks. To be hopeless drains the life out of living eyes and the glimmer of promise is better than none.

Mail Order Bride: Two Settings
Wild Wild West - A young woman dreaming of making something of her life signs up to become a mail order bride. After several letters have been exchanged with a handful of men, a choice is made and she becomes a married woman via a surrogate marriage ceremony. Are either of them, husband and wife, who they said they are?
Modern Setting - It's not entirely legal but there are services out there that allow you to purchase a bride of your choice and have her delivered to your door. A beautiful young woman has been chosen and the email exchanges have been great and steamy. Except when she shows up at the door with her beautiful, nervous smile on her face, you find out that she doesn't speak a lick of English! And there's no such thing as return to sender...

Bright Light Shunned: She woke without memory or thought, just a driving, insatiable hunger clawing from the depths of her howling belly and desert dry lips. Newborn? Transmuted? A new Child of the Night. She is less than a mindless beast and totally driven by her hunger. Her Sire takes her in hand, guiding her back beyond bestial response to thought and teaches her all she needs to know to be a strong hunter of the night. He never counted on her memories and the strength of their hold on her upon their return.

Alchemist or Born of Clay: To bring life from inanimate objects is a goal of Alchemists beyond that of making gold out of lead. After years of research and failed trials, the most perfect being has been made! That first breathe drawn, eyes opening to see and a sound passing beyond tempting lips enchants the creator.

Twice Possessed: Two men desire one woman. Each of them have an instinctive gut wrenching attraction to each other. How will they come to terms to be together? More on this idea here.

Seawitch Berserker: A story about Ching Shih, the primal pirate of the China seas, and the fiendish battles she raised against all comers to control the waters she has claimed as her own.

Lady Dragon: Fu Hao is one of the few female generals in the Chinese history, priestess and consort to the King Wu Ding of the Shang dynasty. How did she draw the attention of the King? How was she trained in the martial arts and strategies? What training gave her the ability to act as a priestess between mortals and the Gods?

Warrior Mask: For vengeance, she cut her hair, bound her breasts and donned male clothing and armor. For retribution, she hones her skills and fights amongst the dregs of society to rise amongst those heralded warriors. With barely leashed fury, she searches for miniscule signs that lead her towards the ultimate goal of death.

Soul Touched: He is from a future not far from now, a lover of the wild and a seeker of the challenges man may face against nature. She is a simple maiden serving her Lady Mistress in times long past. In dreams, these two find each other in familiar surroundings, be it hers or his, and slowly fall in love with what both assume to be a fantasy. (More here.)

Perfect Gentleman: To take a rough, rowdy, cussing and ill mannered lout into a suave, well mannered gentleman. Setting is optional in the distant past or present. The why for it all is up for discussion. The how? That's the fun part to spell out in all its gloriously awkward, flashy, hilarious, passionately argumentative and ultimately steamy hot story of becoming the Perfect Gentleman.

Pen Pals: It started off as a simple exchange of letters and gesture of friendship and evolved over time to a solid friendship. As time passed and more details of all that is small and secrets that are large are shared, two friends fall in love. Over countless handwritten letters, cards, emails and text messages, two become lovers that touch the heart with words. More thoughts here.

Wild Bunch: A torrid love affair between the leaders of the Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, and one singular woman that held their unbridled hearts in her hands, Etta Bishop. It's a time of conquest, lawlessness and fierce battles to hold your lands and money.

Dollhouse: Group or 1-1 Story
A story thread based on the TV show Dollhouse. We could play as one of the operatives, director, scientists, doctor, client or bad guys. The opportunities are endless and story development would be a ton of fun because it can be done in so many twists and turns. It would be really interesting to be "programmed" and act out the different missions as utterly different people.

Journey of River: A Firefly series spinoff about River Tam and the life she leads once she embraces her independence. The trials of balancing out her life as she struggles to deal with her abilities and the lack of inhibitions that cause her to have little control over them. How she fights off the company that wants to take her back under their control. Fighting to help those she deems worthy of her assistance but not always being the best judge of character. Falling in love? Lust? What friendships can she carve and hold?

Chosen: One on one story thread or group.
Only a handful in generations are Chosen by the God or Goddess and blessed with their attention in life. The cause may be the true origin of your birth, a secret ability that others will crave to own, a talent of overwhelming strength that outshines the rest, physical beauty that make mortals weep and immortals weak or a truly pure heart of innocence that nothing can tarnish. You and I are Chosen. We have been blessed and cursed with the love and attention of the Gods. This is our tale.

Thine Own Suppliant: She's returned to the place she tried to forget for over ten years. She fought to be an intelligent, free and independent woman. She worked hard to make a name for herself. Still, she's come back. She doesn't want to run anymore. (More brainstorming here.)

Artist Obsession: Out of nowhere, a stranger grabs her arm and pulls her to a halt. His intense eyes searches over her face, stalks over her body and return to meet her eyes. An intense awareness throbs between them. She's never seen him before but it feels like she's known him forever. Even his voice, when he speaks, sounds familiar. He's deep voice harsh with his panting breath. A declaration. A statement. A claiming.

"You're real. Real. Mine."
(More on this idea here.)

Living Desire: There was always a feeling that something was missing and she tried everything to fill it: successful career, countless lovers, traveling all the world and still it wasn't enough. Then she found her. She found the most life like statue she has ever seen. A statue that looks just like her. (More here.)

Nightingale: She can sing the birds from the trees, bring back to life for those waiting on death's door and make wannabe lovers shed tears of bitter sorrow for a second of her touch. Yet she cannot speak a word. She can only sing. And her heart yearns for love. To be loved.

Elementals: He called for water and his voice mesmerized her. It was like nothing she had ever heard before. A fluid being of nature, she has always moved along with the currents and seen much in the entirety of her being. Yet this is the first time she has felt moved to act. She pulled for the knowledge of form and became solid. It felt stiff and odd to be without the constant ebb and flow but it was what she needed. She went to him. The human man with the amazing voice and she gave him a kiss of life. Giving him the water he begged for and sharing a small part of her essence. She was enthralled.

Heaven's Priestess: She was given to the Temple of the Goddess at birth. Her life predetermined by the stars to be one of the greatest Priestess that the world has ever known. Every vision she has comes true. Yet each vision has a price. To gain a vision, the applicant must be key to the question and make love to Heaven's Priestess. Only by making true love to her and bringing her to fulfillment will the applicant receive a vision. But once the vision is dreamed, that path is set in stone and cannot be changed.

Potions: What would you do if you could make one thing you want more than anything else in the world to come true? There's a price. Each price is different per wish, per wishmaker. Would you take the chance? Would you choose one of the three potions and fight to make your dream a reality? More here.

Besserwissers or Psychobabble: (1-1 or Small Group up to 4) More here.
The days have fallen into a pattern of predictability that make her feel grounded. The practice is flourishing, she's living close to her family, reconnected with old friends and taking chances to learn new hobbies like videogames and rock climbing. Soon, it'll be a decade since the event that tore apart her heart and made her doubt her sanity.

Dominion: Prophecies of the one who will rule over all (the Heavens, Earth and Between) have been told since the beginning of time. Little of note has been given to the tales but the time of change is at hand and the world will shake with the fulfillment of Fates. (More here...)



Group Thread Ideas

Firefly: Yup! A story set in the cult fav world of Firefly. It would be fun!

Gateway of the Wishmaker: An Open Story Thread (PM to Enter)
The Wishmaker is an All being and none, and appearances change depending on the supplicant(s). Rumors and tales of the Wishmaker may only travel by word of mouth. By those who have been lucky enough to enter the Gateway, and by those who dream of taking the journey. Anything is possible beyond the Gateway but be warned that what is held most dear or feared will rule within the Realm. Entrants may come alone, in pairs or more as long as the desire is the same. However, if there is discord within a group, that discord shall appear beyond the gate. Are you ready to live your most cherished dream, desire or nightmare? Welcome to the Gateway of the Wishmaker.

Queens of War vs Kings of Destruction: Group Story
Out of time and place, the warrior men and women throughout history have been cloned and brought together to form the strongest fighting squads known to man. The battle of the sexes has taken an all time destructive high and forces are split between the two. The Queens of War vs the Kings of Destruction. Cheesy, sure. Tacky even. But no one can know what will happen when these two forces land to fight against one another.

Roar of Heavens: Group Story
The Gods and Goddesses of the world live, love and wage war amongst themselves with no notice of how their actions and choices affect the world around them. Create your own deity and make your mark upon the other heavenly beings, mortals, other and the world. What is your gift? Your curse? How will your passions and fears drive you?
 
Last edited:
Literary Links

I take a leisurely swim in the crystalline sea and dive amongst the colorful sea life. Dappling sunset stains the waters in a overlay of orange-gold and streaks the skies in streams of violet purple, blushing red and fire orange. Reveling in the caress of cool water on my bare skin. Contrasting deliciously against the salt prickling heated kiss of the setting bright star. I coast on an inward wave to the beach and rise up to stand with laughter lingering on my lips.

One of the best ways to relax before settling down to write. ;)


~**~


Vailyn's Literary Contents on the Isle




 
Last edited:
Songs to Listen to ;)

Antimatter's Epitaph

Lyrics:

Paint me a room where I can dream
Dream of a world that I used to see
Paint me a window, soft and defined
And flood yellow light
Through the open blinds
It's somewhere, hidden from view
A portrait, an epitaph...

***

Krypteria - When The Dust begins To Settle

***

Descent played by Michele McLaughlin

***

Come What May - Ewan McGregor & Nicole Kidman

***

Mystery of You by Red

***
For You by Eric Bibb - My favorite version of this song is the one he performs with a woman while on tour in Europe.

***
 
Haven

Home is wherever I am. The feeling of home is something that I carry within me. It's how I feel, perceive and apply the two that makes home. That feeling doesn't equate to safety or a soothing calm that can be found in a haven. Though haven can be found in a myriad of ways, I have found one for myself at the Isle. An entire land and surrounding seas to call home and a haven for every part of the paradoxical creature I am. Here I can drink in the world with each of my senses and fly in the winds of my imagination.
 
Last edited:
New Word!

bal·da·chin [bal-duh-kin, bawl-]

noun
1. Also, baudekin. Textiles. a silk brocade interwoven with gold or silver threads, used chiefly for ceremonial purposes.
2. Architecture . a permanent ornamental canopy, as above a freestanding altar or throne.
3. a portable canopy carried in religious processions.

***
Must use!
 
Last edited:
Stealth Ravens in deposits a rare bottle of plum Saki. With a note saying. Warm wishes for you and your home. Happy house warming. Signed Raven.
 
Looks like you got the place open just in time for the holiday weekend. One of these days I may have to invest in such a place. And before I forget me manners thank you for the warm welcome.
 
*grins*

I wanted a place to create in, to make notes, have conversations, doodle, dance, sing, let my imagination wild and maybe try out new things. I like it.
 
Wild him. I file that for later. Grins back. I like that its your own little home on your own little island. And I like that you fogged in the undeveloped part so that you may add things as you see fit along the way. Very cool in my book.
 
Yeah! The idea is that this is my place but new parts can be created if I have special guests or event.
 
Current Threads

Current Stories

A Tender Muse's Portrait (Allora Lillian Blackwood)
Co-Writer ArcticAvenue ~ The story of a young maiden and the painter hired to record her innocence. Yet what the Lord Blackwood, her father, considers innocent is far from the true meaning of the word.

Paroxysm of Love and Sacrifice (Phaedra Isadora Alcaeus)
Co-Writer Veroe ~ A tumultuous love story about two men and the one woman that they both desire to have heart and soul. The paths that one takes in order to be true to love or to be true to oneself. Sometimes they are the same and sometimes they clash in a battle of Titans' rage.

Master of Dreams (Yuki Storm)
Co-Writer LitShark ~ The tale of an extraordinary young woman with vivid dreams and the being who is Master of Dreams and Nightmares.

Let Me In (Marta Greenwood, Inanna Kreston, Bethany Olsson)
Co-Writer LitShark ~ A dark twist on a well known fairy tale. The Wolf leads the Hoard in a devastating conquest across the lands. A bitter winter of battle has passed and his men are tired of the fight. Yet, the Wolf pushes them on and may find his match in three sisters.

In the Dark (Ria & Cate Sanders)
Co-Writer saedo ~ The sisters are identical twins except for the color of their eyes. One night of illicit passion marks the beginning of a secret that only grows stronger over time.



Short Stories

Hitchhiker (Claire Blackwood)
Co-Writer ArcticAvenue ~ Claire Blackwood just graduated with honors from the University of Charleston with a degrees in History & Literature. She decided to go on a summer road trip, and travel around the states before going back home to make a decision that would change her life completely. She comes across a hitchhiker and stops to pick him up. Gotta be spontaneous, right?

-~{ ReVerie }~- A short story format thread. PM to Join
Co-Writers: Belvino
Advanced technology for a fully immersive hologram system has been developed. Instead of selling the system to the public or other private systems, the group decides to create a very private club that allowed it's members to use the hologram suite. A chance to make dreams come true or try out something new without causing undue harm. It's a chance that many would kill to have and it could be yours. If you are invited to join. If you pass the process and receive an acceptance letter.
(Clients: Bess Ann Berlin)



***

On Pause ~ Hopefully To Be Continued

Currently Empty


***

Inactive/Canceled Story Threads

List of Other Writing on Lit

*****:heart:*****​
 
Last edited:
Various Music

I love music. All kinds of music. Well, maybe not everything but it's pretty close. I would love screaming metal if I could listen to that amazing metal without the crazy screaming killing the sound. Not as into pointless, story lacking rap that uses cuss words in utter abandon and think it's music or cool. Not.

Generally, I end up listening to some form of rock: 80's, alternative, metal, punk, rock opera, etc. Then there's classical music. I grew to love the classics through old movies. I don't know about most people but I pay attention to the music that attenuates the scene. Exposure to rock n' roll and country through my parents. Pop from my peers. Reggae, techno, electronica, trance, native, remixes, rap, international music, jazz, blues, opera, grunge and more that I'm sure I have failed to list--love them all.

I can't imagine my life not having some sort of music. I sing. I used to play an instrument or three. I still compose lyrics and make up my own tunes.

I started this post to cheerfully salivate over some new songs I have just heard by Stone Sour, one of the bands I enjoy. However, maybe that's not what this posting will be about. It's just another glimmer of me.
 
Last edited:
History Pile

Inactive or Cancelled Story Threads

Foreign Correspondent ~ A young woman who dreams of being a reporter like her father and doing what she can to take care of her family ends up in a precarious development that spirals out of control.

The Shadow Academy
Co-Writer JadeKnight ~ The best warriors of all time are trained at the Shadow Academy. They are the whispered mercenaries that can be hired at cost for the most impossible missions. Closed to free up the story idea for another attempt at another time.

Antichrist SuperDud
Co-Writer Musicankane ~ The Antichrist is a 40 year old virgin geek and he's taken control of the world with total control of all nuclear weapons. Now he needs a virgin to be the mother of his misbegotten seed. Can he handle one angry virgin sent to be the ultimate sacrifice?

Shadow Play
Co-Writer JadeKnight ~ Otherworldly Fantasy about a shadow shifter who desires to conquer the world beneath his rule and the woman he will bend to his will.

Quinn's Bar & Restaurant: OOC Quinn's - IC Quinn's (Tara Seong)
Group RP lead by SortofBeautiful ~ Welcome to Quinn's Restaurant and Bar, the place to be if you enjoy live music, fresh seafood and tasty drinks.

Deep Space: OOC Deep Space - IC Odysseus - IC Galileo (Devlyn Skye)
Group RP lead by HotCider ~ Sci-Fi adventure story about the recovery of a lost research vessel. The crew doesn't know that each of them were chosen because they are all talented in their field and expendable.

To Have and To Hold (Elsa Zsoka)
Co-Writer Saedo ~ A young, disfigured maiden is chosen with a handful of other virginal maidens to serve the town protector, Gron the Bloodthirsty. An ogre and his cutthroat band that the town has hired to protect their borders and people from pillaging Frost Giants of the north. What will be in store for her in the hands of an ogre?

Purgatory (Kaede Eve Dare)
Co-Writer Spectacles ~ Kae is the lead singer and band leader of a rock band called Careless Abyss. The band is finally making an impact and chances of them landing a record deal is closer than ever. Promo shots with fans was part of the job, but she never thought she would fall for one upon first sight.

The Unwanted Purchase (Danae)
Co-Writer JudeRodney ~ The story of a pleasure slave given to a warrior who did not want to own one. At most, she hopes to have a kind master that will not treat her ill. In secret, she dreams of a love that will free her.

Nightly Visits (Nandita Lila Vimal)
Co-Writer DrStein ~ They didn't know they were neighbors until after they met at the library. Sam caught a glimpse of Lila's nubile form in the night and he couldn't resist getting to know her better.

Moonlight Rendezvous (Aria Lee)
Co-Writer DrStein ~ A stranger saved Aria from an attack. The unlikely pair grew close as he stayed by her side to protect her. But the question loomed: why is she in danger?

Alternative Therapy (Emma Mason)
Co-Writer saedo ~ Emma loves her job. She enjoys being able to help people become more healthy and capable of getting back on their feet after injury. She never expected to fall into lust with one of her clients. Yet, she couldn't deny the sexual chemistry that flares between her and Mr. Trask.

Purgatory - Adam & Eve (Kaede "Kae" Eve Dare)
Co-Writer Spectacles ~ Kae is the youngest of five and from a family full of smarts and spunk. She's had a passion for music as long as she could remember. All she wants to do is create new tunes, write new lyrics and perform her heart out on stage with her band. Getting famous would be nice but she would be happy to be good enough to play all over the world and make music for the rest of her life. Then she meets a fan during one of their promos and the sure foundation of her dreams are knocked right out of her. She meets a man that takes her breathe away. His name is Adam.

Hypnosis (Winona "Wendy" Una Glade)
Co-Writer momadness ~ Wendy became a psychologist because people fascinated her. During an intense psychology workshop, she learned about hypnosis and became interested in how it could apply to her practice. Over the years, hypnosis became a standard element that could be used during her sessions and she was quite pleased with the results of it's application. Then, she inadvertently used hypnosis on her practice partner and everything changed.

Fantasia (Mai Ruyi Zhi)
Group RP GM HotCider
The evil God Meldorne has been imprisoned by the Goddess Eloria. The key to his prison has been placed in the young Queen Emeline. She has been captured by the enemy and her brother, General Jorn, rides recklessly to get her back. The fate of the world lies in the hands of a handful of strangers.

Disney Superheroes (Belle Thaddeus)
Group RP GM HotCider, heartofcourage, Vailyn
A mysterious benefactor helped Donald Thaddeus from losing his business. In return, his children were asked to spend a summer internship working at Lord Sullivan's mansion once they turned 21 years old. In addition, each one must be a virgin until the internship. A strange request that was honored by all of the family members because they hold great store to their word and honor. Belle is the youngest Thaddeus child and will soon be turning 21 years old. What will she find at the mansion of the mysterious Lord Sullivan? None of her siblings will talk about their experience.

Longmont (Alexandra Ava-Marie Williams)
Co-Writer tmmmbrrr ~ Longmont is a sleepy town of a thousand local inhabitants. Due to a thriving lake front resort, there's one of everything that any town may need. The locals worked hard to keep out large chains and take pride in having many eclectic small businesses. People may come and go, but the heart of Longmont will never change. Alexandra came to Longmont to get away from the city and have some time alone to think. What started as an impulsive getaway turned into something more and she decides to stay.

Enchanted Nights (Tani, the Golden Rose)
Co-Writer LucianDevine ~ A young woman raised alone in a tower is excited to meet the strangers that will become a part of her life.

Ghost Run (Tessa Rose Daniels)
Co-Writer Bevatoria ~ A friend's heartbroken despair lead Shawn Piper to look into the woman who caused it and found himself inescapably drawn to Tessa Daniels. Except nothing is what it appears to be and he won't stop until he finds the answers to all his questions.

Zyanya - A Potions Story (Kenda Tiva'Don Adaeze)
Co-Writer LucianDevine ~ Like a dream, the impossible is plausible. A beautiful stranger asked him to choose between the three: Essence of Dreams, a Wish Tonic and the Love Elixir. Of them all, the Wish potion became his and his life was never the same again.

Mystical Paradox Mavens Detective Agency (Zara Atanas)
Co-Writer KattDclaw ~ Detective Nikki Sweet and Zara Atanas run a small, independent detective agency that specializes in lost cases. Especially the kind of cases with a magical origin. Mundane or not, these two women strive to bring closure to their clients by solving the most unusual and unsolvable predicaments. Have a problem you can't handle? Call MPM!

Intimate Bonds (Naomi Ren Hayashi)
Co-Writer Rocket1010 ~ After surviving a bizarre car accident, Naomi just wanted to get home and crawl into her bed. What follows becomes a confusing mix of strumming desires and mental conflict of what is right and wrong. She never imagined falling in love with more than one man, let alone have sex with two.

True Blues (Electra Iseme Jakab)
Co-Writer such_a_ bad_man ~ Electra thought she had it all. A growing name as an artist, a wonderful fiance and member of the Alliance. Then her world came crashing down when she found out that her fiance was cheating on her. With her special abilities, the last thing she thought that would happen to her was this kind of betrayal. The very last thing she expected was to fall in love.

Dark Knight (Elise Cullen)
Co-Writer JawnKarTurr ~ It was suppose to be a well deserved break. A mini-vacation to not study or do research and just play tourist in one of the oldest cities in the US. For once, Elise was taking a real spring break. Then they took her. Nothing will ever be the same.


Short Stories

High Priestess of Heavens (Mairwen Mino) Short Story Format Thread. PM to Join.
Co-Writers: LucianDevine
For those who seek a true answer, if they are lucky or connected, one may have a chance to be summoned for an audience with the High Priestess of Heavens. Payment must be made, the rules are sacrosanct and must be adhered, one may only have one audience and once the answer is given--it will be forever thus.

The Morgans (Vivian Fay Lancaster)
Co-Writer Nyghtcaller ~ Vivian's best friend, Leslie, is getting married to her college sweetheart. It's the wedding that she's always dreamed of having and Vivian is excited to be a part of it. What she didn't expect was Leslie's Father, Jake Morgan. Something about him drew her and she wasn't sure what to do about it. Besides, she wasn't there to let her hormones drive her nuts! Vivian was there to be Leslie's maid of honor and help her have an amazing time before, during and after the wedding of Leslie's dreams.

Taking Hisa in USA (Hisa Eri Moto)
Co-Writer Ukstud69 ~ Little Hisa and her family has worked hard to get the scholarship to be a foreign exchange student in the US. She's an only child and very loved by her hardworking, middle class parents. The opportunity is one that can't be missed. A year abroad will do wonders for her college applications and bring her a step closer towards her dream of becoming a office manager of a bank. Having workable knowledge of another language and mannerisms is a necessary skillset for those who are seeking higher positions in companies. She has no idea what she's gotten herself into when she arrives at her host family's home.

The Prince & the Geek (Phoebe Alder)
Co-Writer Purifier ~ Phoebe is a little genius that entered college when she was fifteen. Now, she's 19 and working on finishing her double major when Alain comes into her life. He's handsome and charming like a prince right out of fairytales. She's beyond thrilled when he asks her to come away with him for a weekend.

Five Things Go Wrong: Airship Adventures (Talia Rose Carlton)
Co-Writer kizkiz ~ A tale of mishaps, mischance, misadventures of two very different individuals: Neal and Talia. All Talia wants to do is learn as much as she can and become her own boss some day. All Neal wants to do is keep his hide intact and get out of town before the mob of malcontents decide to cut him up for fun. Then Fate threw a wrench in both of their plans. What will come next?

The Experiment (Angelina Romero)
Co-Writer Aussie_Wolf ~ Men always fall over themselves to make Angelina happy. She's had them eating out of the palms of her hands as long as she could remember. She is the sexiest woman alive. Or is she?

Flames of Venus (Andalee Caine)
Co-Writer CoSurvivor ~ Andalee landed the job she wanted at the embassy. It was a step towards her goals and a great place to network. She wanted to travel the world, see firsthand of the remnants of history and make a difference. Last year, during the office Christmas party, Andalee was dared to kiss a stranger under the mistletoe. That kiss was seared into her brain and she wondered if it would happen again. Except, this time, she's single and won't have daggers of guilt for wanting him.

Warring Hearts (Milda Vitalia Cinaed)
Co-Writer Firmhanded_Daddy ~ The two kingdoms have been at war for generations. Too much have been lost on both sides and the rulers make a step to peace. Yet, how could Milda ever come to share a life with the man who had slain her beloved brother, Brandr? She will do what she must as duty demands, but he will have to fight if for naught else.

Crashing the Honeymoon (Vera Langton)
Co-Writer bjhass ~ Vera just married the man of her dreams and they're off to start their honeymoon! Disoriented and confused, she ends up falling off the yacht and into the turbulent sea. She wakes up in an unfamiliar room, tightly bound and sick from nearly drowning. A stranger confronts her.


Old Threads Long Gone

Truth or Dare ~ A group of friends are hanging out and playing a deliciously wicked game of Truth or Dare.

Lust in Space ~ A sexy Sci-Fi story of adventure and mayhem!

Danse of Flames ~ It was suppose to be just another fun night out dancing but it turned into something more.

Secrets ~ A young maiden's nightmare world behind the closed doors of her Father's ministry.

Out of Sight ~ An unseen force takes Rose under its control and traps the young woman in a web of passion.

Meet the Piffles ~ A zany comedic story about your every day family in the middle of the burbs! Till he comes into the picture. AND the blasted government...

The Voyage of the Margo ~ The merry adventures at sea in the days of buccaneers and pirates roaming from the land to the edge of the world.

Lunar: Silver Star Story ~ Based on a popular console game, Lunar.

Luscious Lingerie ~ A high end lingerie store that caters to the rich and famous.

The Society of the Dare ~ A group of bored college students formed a secret club. To enter, you have to perform and complete a sexual dare.

The Apartment ~ A place for Lit writers to rent for a weekend getaway.
 
Last edited:
I love music. All kinds of music. Well, maybe not everything but it's pretty close. I would love screaming metal if I could listen to that amazing metal without the crazy screaming killing the sound. Not as into pointless, story lacking rap that uses cuss words in utter abandon and think it's music or cool. Not.

Generally, I end up listening to some form of rock: 80's, alternative, metal, punk, rock opera, etc. Then there's classical music. I grew to love the classics through old movies. I don't know about most people but I pay attention to the music that attenuates the scene. Exposure to rock n' roll and country through my parents. Pop from my peers. Reggae, techno, electronica, trance, native, remixes, rap, international music, jazz, blues, opera, grunge and more that I'm sure I have failed to list--love them all.

I can't imagine my life not having some sort of music. I sing. I used to play an instrument or three. I still compose lyrics and make up my own tunes.

I started this post to cheerfully salivate over some new songs I have just heard by Stone Sour, one of the bands I enjoy. However, maybe that's not what this posting will be about. It's just another glimmer of me.

Excuse the intrusion....

I really enjoy Stone Sour too! Corey's voice really perks my ears and rings my music loving core.

I love music as well, lots of genres and couldn't imagine my life without melodies singing to my soul.

I also feel the same about screamo metal... the musicians may sound awesome, but I can only handle the nonsensical lyrics for a short time.

Just thought I'd agree with your thoughts. :)
 
Excuse the intrusion....

I really enjoy Stone Sour too! Corey's voice really perks my ears and rings my music loving core.

I love music as well, lots of genres and couldn't imagine my life without melodies singing to my soul.

I also feel the same about screamo metal... the musicians may sound awesome, but I can only handle the nonsensical lyrics for a short time.

Just thought I'd agree with your thoughts. :)

YAY! You are my second visitor. *hands Sia a cool glass of water*

I've been listening to the new songs I just found out that Stone Sour has out. Last time, I only heard the demo song and that was Hesitate. Now that the albums are out, I've been listening to that one + Wicked Game, Say You'll Haunt Me, Dying, Taciturn, Threadbare, Travelers P1/2 and Red City. I really enjoy those songs! My all time fav of Stone Sour is acoustic version of Through Glass. =)

Visitors are good!
 
::accepts the glass of water with a smile::

I love Through Glass :)

Not too many people can have two successful bands but he's managed that and is an author, he has an enjoyable narrative voice.
 
Woah! I knew about the bands but he's a writer too? What has he written? Fiction or non?
 
Non, both autobiographical the first book "Seven Deadly Sins: Settling the Argument About Being Born Bad and Damaged Goods" is about him and his world views. The latest "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Heaven" is about his paranormal experiences and how he approaches the phenomenon as an atheist. I haven't read his first book, but picked up his last book. If you like reading about people's experiences like I do then I recommend.

I'm putting myself to bed. Night. Sweet Dreams. :)
 
Yay, company! What's your poison? I'll make you one. I think we should kidnap the Quinn players and make them come party on my Isle! :D

*scratches Katt's back*
 
Back
Top