Anyone Wanna FAWC?

Migosh! I have actually managed to read all of the stories except Porn War which I will read but now I have to go and cook :rolleyes:.

I really apologise, I got a bit confused between Comfort Zone and Curse of "The Bitch" so my earlier comments on Curse of were actually about Comfort Zone. :eek: There are carefully brand named cars in both, LOL.

A Gloryhole Adventure: I thought this was going to be Pilot, LOL.
Comfort Zone: SlycWillie
Curse of "The Bitch": Saxon
Exploring Exhibitionism: D_Lynn
My Lady: Hmm, tough call. I still think a guy wrote it. Maybe sr71plt?
Porn War: I know this is sr71plt so I haven't read it yet although I want to.
The Dedicated Eroticist: RedMonkeyButt
The Manuscript: Johneb87
The Muses' Consortium: I think a woman wrote this.
The Phoenix: :confused:
The Sisters Cranky: sr7plt
Ungeheurer: sr71plt
Was It Real?: sr71plt?

Phew, wow, those were some hot hot HOT stories. I think I just might have been converted to Loving Wives now! Golly gosh.

I did think The Muses' Consortium and Curse of "The Bitch" really fitted the competition guidelines. The writers' lives were actually filled with the erotic activities in the writers' imaginations, with big consequences.

(Slight spoiler in this following comment.)

Curse of "The Bitch" I guessed partly cuz it is 5 pages long, LOL. But my word, if that is yours baddest motherfucker, you do know how to make the hairs on the back of the neck stand on end. I was alternatively feeling very turned on by the sex scenes and hyper anxious about the pursuit and the creepy not-sure-if-it's-real supernatural stuff. Boo hoo! I loved the ending! pass the kleenex, sniffle. That story had so many elements that I liked. Loads of hot sex (and with still hot-looking ladies in their fifties! LOL), I was furiously clicking on the down page tab, thinking 'OMG! is he going to make it!' (forgetting that he must've done or how the hell would he be telling the story) and the romantic ending - sniffle sniffle, awwww. :heart:

Man, I have absolutely loved this whole gig.
:nana:
 
Last edited:
Demands eyes open, sips coffee, and saddles up to the computer. Yes, I know it's afternoon where I am already. Late, late night trying to make progress on an 1870s cattlemen vs. sheep men GM e-book amidst the flurry of interesting FAWC discussion.

Thanks to all those who liked "Ungeheurer," especially those who tagged writers with far better writing reputations here than I have for writing it. I've saved all the clippings for the next time "someone" posts to the forum that I only write GM and that everything I write is crap. That's certainly something I looked forward to this exercise doing for me, if possible.

I've never read a tentacle sex story myself, so I have no idea how closely this one qualifies for that genre. Someone who does read/write tentacle is welcome to comment on that.

I wanted to keep it realistic (*smile*), so condoms were out, Naoko. Sorry. I did briefly think of putting a condom on the octopus in the aquarium (for a nanosecond ending in a horse laugh), but I couldn't give up the image of the milky cloud in the water. I worried for quite a bit longer than that that the story might be rejected on the basis of bestiality, for a possible interpretation that the octopus and woman had sex.

On the question of what happened in the end, to me, the woman is dead dead and that the story isn't brought back from the edge of horror by some cutesy twist Bobby Ewing dream sequence back into the explained realm. The reader is free to try to save it that way if they wish, in which case she comes out of a trance and goes to the computer and sees that she's written the story while in the crazy haze her boyfriend says she's been in--and the story ends with her calling an analyst. When/if I post it to the main file I fully expect the "gotta have a happy ending" readers to ask when the story is going to be finished. To me it's finished. She slipped out of the known world and over into an alternate reality of her own creation from her own cravings and it killed her (but in a sexually satisfying way--playing with the la petite mort concept of orgasm being a "little death"). That, I think, is what horror is all about. Putting an explained/rational ending on it blunts the power of horror, in my opinion.

This is an example of how I approached the exercise--don't think of votes; think of how far out of the personal box this assignment can be written. Knowing that, I should be able to be nailed on another one of the stories I wrote (nailed by more than the one I recall seeing getting it right).

Sorry, the bill for any therapy goes to the boyfriend, who pushed this story to where it went. But I'm jolly well pleased that a blind exercise shows that I can turn straights on even with a horror piece. (I think if any of you had read my "Snaked," though, you would have tagged me on this one from the getgo).

As an irrelevant aside, the discussion has told me that perhaps I should write the next one in British style to throw off the hunt--and to employ condoms on anything that walks. :D
 
Last edited:
Wrath of Thor Attractant = lightning rod

It was about 130 in the morning and that is the equivalent of me drunk posting. Only I wasn't drunk. Simple things become complicated and I hit submit without so much as a passing glance at what I actually quoted or wrote.

And I live off the beam. :)

Of course, that was brilliant. And I'm sure that if it was 3 am where I was, I would have caught the reference (absolutely not).

Thanks for the laugh.
 
Wrath of Thor Attractant = lightning rod
I got that! :)

You don't need a number to find it, just look for a long line of people twitching, shaking and whispering "Calamari."

(Note there is a similar line of people whispering "Cthulhu" don't get them confused.)


Oh and on a somewhat similar note while I was looking up the spelling of Calamari I found this.

http://gawker.com/5918799/woman-bites-into-calamari-gets-mouthful-of-squid-sperm

Whole new meaning to OCTOMOM... whew.

OMG! :D:D:D, that's disgusting.

I made a special trip to the submissions lists to look for your story cuz you haven't got a link in your signature, hint hint. Wow, you cover a lot of genres! I wish I had time to read one of your stories and try to guess which one you wrote.

Must go and cook! :(
 
Of course, that was brilliant. And I'm sure that if it was 3 am where I was, I would have caught the reference (absolutely not).

Thanks for the laugh.

LOL. I actually had to go back and read my posts from last night and then had the *bing* moment of remembering what the hell I meant.


I'm getting a kick out of what people think I wrote. The guessing is actually very flattering. :)
 
As an irrelevant aside, the discussion has told me that perhaps I should write the next one in British style to throw off the hunt--and to employ condoms on anything that walks. :D

That ought to work! LOL ;).

(I did think Ungeheurer was a great story, what an achievement in terms of writing out of the box, btw.)

LOL. I actually had to go back and read my posts from last night and then had the *bing* moment of remembering what the hell I meant.


I'm getting a kick out of what people think I wrote. The guessing is actually very flattering. :)

Oh dear! that means I was totally off track, LOL.
 
Hmm, should I say which one is mine even though the official list has not been released yet?
 
Hmm, should I say which one is mine even though the official list has not been released yet?

It would be more fun to do it on being correctly tagged by someone. It would give them a thrill of victory justifying the effort. Of course you could goose that alone with a clue or two.
 
Hmm, should I say which one is mine even though the official list has not been released yet?

I thought we were waiting for Willie to tell all?

Have some guesses though! Which one did you think was mine? Did you guess any more?
:nana:
 
I'm still reading through all of them. I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Ungeheurer since tentacle sex isn't really my thing. But it was so well done I really enjoyed it. Curse of "The Bitch" was another favorite, especially the group sex scene. The escape from the posse was exciting. However I found the ending bit anti-climatic. Sure finding out that it was a crazy woman off her meds was kinda fun, but I would like to have known how she got his personal email. Maybe I missed it and need to reread it.

I say that I'm happy where mine ended up considering the talent of the authors also in this contest. I would have felt lucky just to keep my head above water.
 
Last edited:
Far be it for me to mention that the suspense is even now being suspended, as FAWCKer is in the process of tagging the authors to their stories in the story comments.

Quite interesting revelations so far.
 
Interesting how we interpret little details.

Car models: Is that really a guy thing to do? I noticed it, too and I thought, "Okay, either a guy wrote this story or a woman who's trying to add specific details to the story." It's one thing to say, "They got in the car and drove." It's another to say, "They climbed into her black BMW and drove."

Someone else mentioned the use of the word "penis" as suggesting a woman's words or a Brit's? (Is that correct? Are Brits more likely to use "penis" than "cock" or something else?)
I use car models a lot. But I don't know if that's because I'm into cars, or because I think it makes the text richer. I've often deliberated over exactly which model of car a particular character would drive. And it can help with demonstrating a character's personality and socio-economic status without having to call those things out explicitly.

I was the one that suggested that the use of the word 'penis' was not often found in erotic literature by a male author. I'm sure some do, and it might depend on the situation or context. Men tend to use words that denote a large organ, and penis just doesn't do that for most people.

Now, I say this with tongue in cheek because I almost always refer to my male lead as having a cock, and to the best of my knowledge have not used the word penis even once, and I'm obviously a woman.
 
Far be it for me to mention that the suspense is even now being suspended, as FAWCKer is in the process of tagging the authors to their stories in the story comments.

Quite interesting revelations so far.

Now I have to see how many I was wrong about. :)
 
The contributors to the first FAWC, and the stories they wrote, are:

alwayswantedto (The Phoenix)
BuckyDuckman (A Gloryhole Adventure -- Winner!)
D_Lynn (Exploring Exhibitionism)
johneb87 (The Manuscript)
MSTarot (My Lady)
NaokoSmith (Was It Real?)
RedMonkeyButt (Comfort Zone)
Saxon_Hart (Curse of "The Bitch")
slyc_willie (The Muses' Consortium)
sr71plt (The Dedicated Eroticist, Porn War, The Sisters Cranky and Ungeheurer)

Good job, everyone!
 
OMG! I'm so excited! I'm nearly as excited as that time the postman arrived with an otherwise anonymous box marked To Boldly Go ... and I realised I was getting the box set of Star Trek movies on DVD for Christmas!
:nana::nana::nana:
 
Haha, most of you were right about mine. Am I really that obvious? :p

I feel bad that I was off about yours, Duchess. :rolleyes:
 
Yes! I was bloody right about Pilot writing The Sisters Cranky! I am really proud of that. C'mon, guys, that was a great spot.
:nana:

I am rolling on the floor that people thought he wrote my story! I am so so flattered. That's why I was laughing when Pilot said he must write in a British accent, cuz D_Lynn cleverly pinged my story as it had British inflections.

I am so thrilled that many of you couldn't guess my story, and that people left such nice comments on it. It was a go at getting away from my usual style. I really want to indulge in posting more about writing it; but must cook supper now (or there will not be time to watch Apocalypse Now Directors' Cut, which I have wanted to do for ages but it's not really piglet fare, LOL.)
 
Well, well, well. That was fun, even though it disrupted my normal production schedule something fierce. Back to the Wild West.
 
That hint from Dakota immediately had me eyeing up Exploring Exhibitionism! Now that I've read it and discovered it's a hawt hawt D/s story, I am going to nail it as D_Lynn's story.

Like My Lady, this is a convincing account of a D/s relationship, making plain the way in which a good Dom or Dominatrix is actually working hard to consider what will make the sub enjoy her or himself, not just bossing the sub around and getting off on abusive fantasies. D/s is emphatically not Non-Consent.

Phew, what a scorcher! that might be my new favourite, and I can review it on my blog :nana:, since it's all safe sex, LOL, and fits my peculiar definition of feminism.

Again like My Lady, I would have liked a story that is D/s but doesn't have sadism or bondage in it - but that's just a personal curiosity thing, not a proper criticism of the story. Bit like when people say of my stories, do the werewolves have to behave so much like dogs, LOL. (No they don't, except that that is the kind of werewolf story I'm writing and if you want a different kind push off and write it yourself.)

BTW, I did once read a non-BS D/s story, which I have reviewed on my blog.

And more like My Lady, this story made me think. Sort of spoiler alert! you may wish to read the story before this comment, although it doesn't give the plot away. The title does that! LOL.

Grace talks about relationships as being like a poker game, you should play your cards close to your chest. I think a lot about this. Does it make you more attractive if you are enigmatic? Particularly about finding people attractive. If you just out and out make it clear that you like someone, do they start to take that for granted? Is it better to tease and pretend you are a bit :cool: in order to keep them interested. I always hope not. I really dislike playing games like that. I like to just say: I like you, sweet thing. Your butt cheeks are ver-ry pinchable ;).

That a character who is a sub says how much she enjoys that there is no game-playing or secrecy in her relationship says it all about how realistic an account of D/s this story is.

:rose:

God, I can't believe the quality of stories in this competition. I feel totally honoured just to be among this company. If I'd realised they would all be this good, I would probably have been too embarrassed to enter although now it's in there, I am proud of my story and I know it stands up fine to the competition because of the comments made by people who had no idea it was mine! Fab. :heart:

Thank you so much, Naoko! You've made my entire day with your glowing review of Exploring Exhibitionism. Yes, it was written by me.

I was surprised more people didn't guess it right away because BDSM is really my bread-and-butter category, even if my Lit stories are all over the place.

I will regretfully have to repost it as soon as Slyc gives me the word. This story is actually another in a group of stories entitled "Ethan's Grace" that follow the ongoing love affair that started and developed in the 20-chapter story called "Amazing Grace". The fans following this series are antsy for the next Ethan's Grace installment, but I couldn't tell them that it was already out under another name. I was fearful some of them might find it by tag searching, but that didn't happen. Thankfully.

Thank you again, Naoko for your detailed review. It is very helpful to get this type of feedback from fellow writers. :kiss:
 
I know that I will definitely be checking profiles and reading everyone's other stories after this. :D But it was an honor to participate in this contest with you all.
 
Back
Top