New Story Reviews (volunteers welcome!)

FallingToFly

Political Stance: Porn
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Posts
7,677
Hey, so, this is the thread to review the New stories. Today is Monday, May 8, 2006.

I will take stories 1-10 today. If you would like to volunteer to review a few, take as many as you can, just let us know the

Title
Category
Your rating/thoughts for the story.

And maybe we could all be really nice and actually vote our rating on the stories we read, lol!

WEEKLY REVIEW SCHEDULE:

Mon: DanielleKitten
Tues: FallingToFly
Wed: SeverusMax
Thurs: Lizzy
Fri: Selena
Sat: RedhairedandFriendly
Sun: LadyCibelle

Check back daily as each day the author's listed above review stories for that day.

Does your story come out on a Wednesday... watch out to see if SeverusMax reviews it.... and what catches LadyC's fancy on Sunday.... how about Danielle for that Monday morning cup of coffee and a story, or Lizzy reading the stories hot off the presses on Thursdays. FallingToFly has the stories that debut on Tuesdays covered while Madame Selena has them for that lovely TGIF day... and Miss Red will be easing us into Saturday with her reviews.

Please take the time to Read, Vote, and comment on stories (and poems) each day for without those we none of us can grow.

If you wish to comment upon a review made or you just don't see a story reviewed that you felt should have been please post HERE.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Two of a Kind Ch. 02
by LaLaLady
Interracial Love
Rating: Solid 4.5. No sex... although there's self-priming in the shower for the lady, adn a hint of what the gent was thinking when he realized that those sounds weren't just her singing badly in the shower. Very nicely done and I'm actually looking forward to the next chapter. This story has a nice build-up.

The Five Steps of a Man's Fall
by Coolville
Transsexuals & Crossdressers
Rating: 5, which surprises me, as I don't read in this cat. It's well done... like a smutty Nature documantary. Done from a very unique POV, there's almost the sound of that dry, interested British voice in the background, explaining the story, even as you can see it happening in your head. Very nice. A few typos that the editing didn't catch, but they don't detract.

An Unexpected Encounter
by SimonSays1
Gay Male
Rating: Solid 4. Again, a cat I read rarely, but this was a good first time encounter story that I did enjoy reading.

Just The One Time
by DG Hear
Loving Wives
Rating: 3. I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. It's very much a "this is what happened to me" story.

Deux Ex Machina Ch. 01
by darkgoddess2478
Chain Stories
Rating: 5, but that may just be because I know about this Chain and what is going on. It was a well thought out set up for a very complex story that promses fun and games on the darker end of the spectrum.

Finding Elvis Ch. 11
by Wine_Maker
Romance
Rating: Technical, a 4. Personal, a 2. It wasn't my cup of tea, although it was well written and obviously a very devoted author. I think someone more into sweet and fluffy than I am would find this a good story, but it didn't ring any bells for me.

Epiphany...
by mystic_rain_goddess
Erotic Couplings
Rating: 3. The author lost me when she described the male lead as VIRAL looking. The trolls have already found this one... it involves an unhappy woman having a fling with the owner of a coffee shop - after jokingly asking him to kill her husband. I found way too many unessecary details cluttering up would have been a pretty straightforward meet/greet/fuck scenario.

Tom and Leah
by Tony155
Romance
Rating: 4. If you're a baseball fan who likes sweet, gentle romances, set aside a chunk of your day and try this one on for size. I only read part of the monster (someone submitted their story all at one time, tsk, tsk) but what I read was a very nice building to a true love story.

Getting the Call
by Hornsup
Erotic Couplings
Rating: 3. Standard one off fuck. It did have decent characters and plot, but I just couldn't get hooked and would have backclicked it.

Being Neighborly In Return
by LazerGuided
Exhibitionist and Voyeur
Rating: 2. I found it mediocre, although the PAID IN FULL was a nice trick. Still, I couldn't suspend belief long enough to enjoy it, and I found the sex so-so. It's probably much better than that, for someone who enjoys the titillation factor of watching and being watched.

***These are the opinions of only one reader/reviewer. DON'T SPAM THE REVIEWS WITH REBUTTALS!***
 
75 new stories today... Here's what caught my eye

Force of Nature - Chapter 1
in MATURE
by thewordsmith2590
This shows promise! It's a slow set-up, quite subtly erotic. Should be interesting to see where this goes, since this is only Ch. 1.

Around the World in 80 Fucks Ch. 01
in EROTIC COUPLINGS
by cheetah83
This reminds me of Og's 50-15 word stories, in some ways. Interesting idea, taking a bird's eye view of 80 couples around the world... so far, it's not badly executed, either. I'd like to see the sections delineated a little better.

Epistle to My Lady Ch. 02
in LETTERS AND TRANSCRIPTS
An interesting back-and-forth adventure between SEVERUSMAX'S "Lord Cadmus" and RedHairedandFriendly's Lady in her Epistle to My Captain. It's interesting and worth a look!

If anyone else found something noteworthy today, please feel free to share!
 
Last edited:
my last bit of reviewing for the day... I have things to do.

Love Affairs
by BlackSnake
Loving Wives
Rating: 2. Completely disjointed and very confusing. It didn't make anysense, to me, or apparently to anyone who read it.

A King's Conquest Ch. 02
by poisonivy274
Gay Male
Rating: 3 Didn't love, didn't hate. It reminded me of a lot of Alexander fanfic I've read, and it seemed a bit off in the sex department, but it was decent reading. A little too sweet for me.

White Trash
by No Panty Girl
Interracial Love
Rating: 3. Not my cup of tea, and I didn't care for the way the story was told, although the writing was perfectly servicable. If you like gangbangs, however, you may want to check it out.

God of Love
by PredatorSmile
Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Rating: Again with the 3. Too much story, not enough fun. And no, I don't mean sex, I mean fun. It was written like a high school report. The way it started I thought it would be fun, but it wasn't.
 
Coincidence
The Wanderer
Romance

A short story, only one page long that rambles just a little but was well worth the short amount of time it took to read. There is no sex involved in this story, just a wonderful romance. A little confusing at the end but I still wouldn't rate this any lower than a four.
 
Tuesday May 9, 2006

Target for Love Ch. 19
by JazzMatthews
Romance
Rating: 3. Nothing that leaped out and grabbed me, nothing that made me back click other than the fact that I couldn't get into it. Fairly solid romance novel stuff.

Killing Daddy Blue
by WickedDrX
Novels and Novellas
Rating: for the writing it's a 4, but I have no idea how this one slipped past the mods. It clearly states that the girl is 17. *shakes head* But actually, it's a light-hearted romp through what happens when a pimp dies and bequeaths an out of work business executive his stable. Pretty good, just very long.

Greek Myths: The Trojan War Ch. 1
by Goldeniangel
Chain Stories
Rating: 4. I know this chain already has a lot of readers in here, so I won't insult you by trying to review this.

A Wild Night at the Jade Inn Ch. 02
by duddle146
Group Sex
Rating: 2. I didn't care for any of it, the plot, the writing, or the way it was set up. It didn't do anything for me. BAsically, it's wife swapping, and one of the wives is Chinese, I think the other was a redhead... it's pretty much a standard college guy fantasy.

A Black Vampire's Tale
by Samuelx
NonHuman
Rating: 4. The tone was off for me, but I grew up reading Dracula and James O'Barr... I have a different idea of what a vampire should sound like, apparently. Decent vampire story about why it's a really bad idea to let your boyfriend love his girlfriend more than you. This story has both M/M and M/F sex, and for the M/M... Well, Stella would have a fit. :D

The Bookmark
by The Wanderer
Loving Wives
Rating: Solid 4, possibly a 4.5. THis was actually a STORY, not a sexscapade like some LW stories are. I really did enjoy it. It has a bit of a light mystery to it, which turns out not to be what any one thinks it is.

A Special Treat Ch. 03
by flying_nugget
Group Sex
Rating: 0 I backclicked after the first two sentences. If you can write out grade-B porn, this is it.


Land of Enchantment
by Ken Nitsua
Gay Male
Rating: 5 on sheer enjoyment. I liked this! I had to squelch my picky editor inside and kick her ass out of my head so I could read all 3 pages, but I REALLY liked this!
 
Last edited:
Getting in tomorrow's early, with the first story.

http://english.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=254803

Adultery- Winterfrog

Here is my PC,

"Here is my honest take on it.
05/09/06 by SEVERUSMAX in Houston, Texas
Okay, I know that your first language is not English, so I can overlook the errors in grammar and choice of words. However, I don't get how he knew that she was cheating. That and why returning to his cheating wife should be a condition of his revenge. Doesn't make sense. Just my opinion. The sex was rather short too. It was too rounded out and simplistic. Still, a nice premise of trying to save their marriages by getting even. Just not handled how I could picture most handling it. But I'll credit you for a fascinating story, particularly the notes.

And I've mentioned you on the AH." Gave it a 75 out of 100, primarily for the "notes" idea, which appealed to me. That and the idea of him having some fun of his own. Morally debatable, but this is a sex story. I leave the morality out of my reviews to a large extent these days.
 
2nd review for tomorrow. I'm getting a head start. :D

Abduction No. 7- Chris44

http://english.literotica.com:81/stories/showstory.php?id=254781&page=2

This story really earned a 100. It had a great, sexy plot, real villains with a clear agenda, real pathos (with the parents and the victim), clearly mixed emotions on the part of the victim, good suspense, and a believable reaction. I could picture this happening in real life, though I wouldn't approve of it. A damn good NC/reluctance tale.
 
New review for today:

"Daddy And His Girl Caught- Ch.3" by gna1970.

http://english.literotica.com:81/stories/storyfeedbackboard.php?id=254833

This story was a bit shorter than I would have preferred. This abrupt ending cost it the 100 rating I would have given it. Instead, the writer gets a 75. The overall plot was great, especially the revelation about the father's interest in BDSM (and the daughter's apparent interest in it as well). The insination of pregnancy and anxiety about the mother's reaction to this part of her punishment for being a bad wife added to the whole kinky pleasure for me. Others might not like it, but's that personal taste. A sexy Incest/Taboo tale in my opinion. It kept my interest, in spite of a few errors in spelling and punctuation, as well as the abrupt ending.
 
First Step
Thizbee
This is a new author who just started posting stories last month. And while this was under First Time it could very well have gone into the Masturbation/toy category. It's a very nice story, sweet and touching, actually about a boy and an older woman who helped him with his first experience touching a woman. I'd recommend it since technically it was well written and able to grab you emotionally. Only a Lit page read, and well worth the time if you enjoy reading this category.
 
Sweet Revenge Ch. 09
Haremgirl

Haremgirl's style is grab your throat and get your attention, her sex scenes are amazing and erotic and this story has caught the attention of a lot of true romantics. It should be read from the beginning and enjoyed, done with a sense of style that is reminiscent of authors such as Johanna Lindsey and Carol Finch. I'm very impressed with this new author and think she has a long career ahead of her in the writing field.
 
5-11-06

Kudzu Ch. 01
i_love_u_in_me

A very interesting story told in the first person, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. The sex, while erotic, seems incidental when compared to the story line, which is something that I enjoy when reading a story. Well worth the time it takes to read and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
 
5-11-06

Staring Into The Abyss
AutumnWriter

A very well told tale depicting an older couple's relationship and how they deal when one becomes unable to "perform". It's a wonderful story and shows a lot of emotion and the trauma that both parties feel at the loss to their sex life. I'd recommend this story to everyone.
 
5-11-06

His Royal Highness
Malachiteink

Done very much in the style of Anne Rice, this could be the next in the Beauty Series. Well written with the same dark tenor, I found it enjoyable to hear, finally, what happened to the Prince in the story that awoke Beauty, not with a kiss, but with rape, taking her virginity. Malachiteink does a wonderful job in following up the story with her own vivid imagination. I gave it a five.
 
*bump*
I will be back with the Thursday Reviews

forgot it was thursday because of my finals. sorry
 
There are 60 new stories today…. Here are a few that caught my attention…

Hitman by Magmaman

This is an interesting idea, and I particularly enjoyed the first person POV and the voice it was written in. Great twist at the end!

Recreation by WFEATHER

Another one with an interesting and unusual premise, although I’m not sure my disbelief was completely suspended about the “new technology” mentioned. This is going to be a series, as the 2nd one is up, as well, today. Worth checking out.

Confessions of an Online Predator Ch. 01 by The Style Guy

I enjoyed this story and its concept. It’s hard to make your protagonist the bad guy and still make the story enjoyable, but I think this one pulls it off.

The Human Flower by diabolicalurge

This story needs work—a little pacing and development issue—but it’s actually kind of enthralling. There are a few standout turns of a phrase here, and the characterization is good (although could go deeper.) I look forward to more by this author.

A Slave of his Desire Ch. 06 by DanielleKitten

This is chapter 6 of DK’s latest saga… Although she says in her author’s note that she’s worried about how it is being received, I find it quite a refreshing departure from the romance. A little more darkness adds a little more spice to the mix. In my opinion, spice is nice!

-----

that's all for today from me. If I missed any that you really enjoyed, feel free to mention them. Don't forget to go Read, Comment and Vote!
 
May 13, 2006

75 new stories... NOPE didn’t read them all. ;) Here are a few that I did read this morning. . .How did I pick which ones to read? I grabbed a deck of playing cards and whatever number I pulled I counted down and read it then I pulled another card and read down. Next week I’ll use the same method but start at the bottom of the new stories list. I also used the 0-5 rating system. After using the “cards” for four stories, I searched for New writers....

~ ~ ~ ~ Established Writers ~ ~ ~ ~

Spacegirl Lisa Ch. 05 - Sci-Fi & Fantasy by Miss Te - 4 - This is also a Lesbian Story & Mistresses/slave, so fans of those genres will have a nice read. When I read a chapter of a story and haven’t read the other chapters I go in thinking... will this chapter make me want to go back and read the beginning of this characters situation. Not in this case. It is a well-written Sci-Fi, but I found the dialog almost clinical.There seemed to be no emotion involved... just fuck and cum. I guess that makes it a good stroke story. There are VERY few errors in grammar. Now, all the other chapters to this story have the little H so this one probably will too. I didn’t care for it, but I would read her other work and not base all my likes or dislikes on this one story.

K’s Candy Chap. 13 - Lesbian Sex by candy_slut - 5 - This is also a Mistress/pet story. This chapter was a short read, but it was written well enough that I wouldn’t mind seeing what happens next. There was no sexual intercourse in this chapter, there is some finger stimulation, but I think the writer did a good job using this chapter to set up the “pet’s” emotions about being displayed in public... and like I said, it did make me wonder what’s about to happen in Chap. 14.

Blackhawk Hall Chap. 04 - Sci-Fi & Fantasy by Darkniciad - 5 - This is also a Group Sex with FMF play. I think the cards are telling me Chapter Stories... This one I gave a five because I will be going back to read the other chapters. I enjoyed the detail. There is one thing that deflects from the story and that is the “modern” talk for the time period. There is an author’s note about the “modern” talk at the beginning of the story and the hope that it doesn’t deflect, but to me it does. Because he put the author’s note in there warning the reader that hey... you may not like this because... I rated a 5. It is a good read in my opinion and I’ll be reading the back chapters soon.

Fantasy Man Chap. 05 -Interracial Love - angelicsounds - 3 - There needs to be more dialog in my opinion. This chapter doesn’t make me want to go back and read the others. Why? I found Zack to be immature. He goes to the door of his soon to be ex’s house, sees come in her hair and still agrees to have lunch with her to “hear her out”... I almost stopped reading there, but I continued. Few grammar errors in this story, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~New Authors~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What in my opinion constitutes a New Writer? First story... if there aren’t any there with their first stories, then I’ll move up to two submissions and so on until I cover what stories I can before my free time runs out. Everyone has their opinion on when you are new and when you are established, this is just my guideline.

Deliverance Chap. 01 - BDSM by Swxytgrlly - 5 - Simply lovely. This is Swxytgrlly’s first story and I enjoyed it. It was sweet. The beginnings of a BDSM romance. I look forward to reading more of this and hope the “love” and “adoration” that is displayed so far stays throughout the story.

Temple Prostitute - BDSM by VerySexy - 4 - This is written in 1st and 2nd POV. Interesting read. A lot of You and Yours that is a bit distracting. I know that is 2nd person’s POV, and that is all fine, but I found the ending confusing. I think this writer has good potential and would like to see what they do in the future.

The Bride Who Couldn’t Wait - Erotic Couplings by Goatilocks - 4 - This reader is going to get a lot of negative comments and there are some listed in the PC place already. I sincerely hope he doesn’t allow that to stop him from writing. This is a cheating story, but you know what... so what. As soon as a reader realizes it and they aren’t the type to want to read a “cheaters” story... then back click. I read the story. I found it erotic and for a first write it wasn’t bad at all. A few grammar problems that deflects from it, but all in all it is a fast read and I enjoyed it.

The Companion - BDSM by irish4806 - 5 - This was a change in reading for me. I expected the Master/slave... but was rewarded with the Mistress/slave... Female/male story. It was very descriptive and the man is punished severely. Testicle punishment, penis punishment, panty fetishes... this isn’t my kind of reading, but this was very well written. I think irish4806 wrote a very good story that if a person enjoys the punishment aspect of the BDSM relationship they’ll like this. The PC comment is off, but Anonymous email option is available.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Reviewers’ Story ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

If I missed a Reviewers' Story, please PM me if you want me to read it and reveiw it. :)

A Slave of His Desire Chap. 07 - Sci-Fi Fantasy by DanielleKitten - 5 - I’m glad there are only 6 chapters I have to read to catch up on. This chapter lets the reader know that there is a love there and I want to know what is going on and how these two were thrown together. I’ve got some reading to do, that’s for sure. Very descriptive and like I said the emotions are evident in this write.

Cat Lover - Non-human by SelenaKittyn - 5 - I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this story when things started going a bit... odd. ;) But it was a great read! Wonderful really. Thanks Selena. I loved the ending. Simply Beautiful.
 
SelenaKittyn said:
There are 60 new stories today…. Here are a few that caught my attention…

You're just having a ball, aren't you Ms. Thread Starter? ;)
 
5-13-06

Groundhog Daze
Mr Wild willy

A wonderful story that is reminiscent of the movie Groundhog Days. Except, the love interests are brother and sister. Well worth the time it takes to read it, and I'd say that even if he hadn't mentioned me in his author note. Good job Bill.
 
05-14-06

56 new stories today

A Girl's guide to Bush Confidence
Sophia Jane

This story/how-to caught my eyes as it was the first and I thought reading a AH regular would be easier to start. But, after the second line I forgot it was a regular and was engrossed in what I was reading and how informative Sophia Jane made it. She didn't go overboard with her explanations and still managed to find a way to teach a thing or two to women out there.

Miscues and Mistakes
DG Hear

I laughed when editing this story and reading it again today made me laugh just as much. How many guys can say that nothing like that ever happened to them? DG Hear has this uncanny ability to make everything he writes seems like it's happening right in front of you. The reader gets to feel his characters' emotions and feelings first hand and this one is right up there with all his best.

Well that's it. Nothing else really caught my eyes. If I have missed anything please, post it for everyone to see.
 
Thank you for your comments, Red. The story originated as an e-mail to an on-line Dom I play with, which is why it is in the 2nd person. I thought about changing it for here, but decided against it. I just wanted to see if people would read something I wrote. So far the comments have been very supportive, which I appreciate.

Thanks again.

Sexy
 
VerySexy said:
Thank you for your comments, Red. The story originated as an e-mail to an on-line Dom I play with, which is why it is in the 2nd person. I thought about changing it for here, but decided against it. I just wanted to see if people would read something I wrote. So far the comments have been very supportive, which I appreciate.

Thanks again.

Sexy

You're very welcome. I do hope you continue writing. :) As I read your work, I realized I had never written a 2nd POV story and I just might try it sometime. :)
 
It wasn't my day, but I was awake and saw my How To was up and I started reading the other How To's I've only read the entries that were listed this morning which were angelicminx, sophia jane, My Erotic Tale, cheetah83, oggbashan, DG Hear, Munachi.

I look forward to reading the others. I recommend all of these. Each one was unique and different. I truly enjoyed them all, some more than I thought I would. :eek: :D
 
Back
Top