Any musicians out there?

Supergirlisme

Virgin
I play a little piano. (Don't tell people often.)

But does anyone else play an instrument or sing for fun?

Can't wait to hear your replies!

Jessica

I play a little piano. (Don't tell people often.)

But does anyone else play an instrument or sing for fun?

Can't wait to hear your replies!

Jessica

Always sing for fun!

Oh, yeah, and I have played the drums for longer than I can even remember. :rolleyes:

Bass guitar. I was in the obligatory band as a teenager that resulted in a series of seriously drunken gigs in pubs in the Midlands...lol

I play guitar, Piano, and sing in a band! Massive passion of mine, though I don't do it professionally, just lots of fun playing for people.

What kinda stuff do you play on the piano?

Bass and guitar, and I've been the front man for years in hardcore bands in NY and most recently texas.

Does playing Rock Band on the PS3 count for anything?

Yes - arthritis in later life! LOL

Actually, that's what has gotten my 4-yr old into the idea of playing guitar so I'm not knocking it.

I'm the frontwoman for a local band, and I love to sing! :D
I also try (and fail) to play guitar, and I'm an expert tambourine player. ;P

Bar Player

I play classic pieces, and like that song,"Piano Man", I play at a bar on the weekends, doing song requests. We have this amazing singer, and his voice just flows with the music.

Me and some friends recently started an Indie band and I play guitar. We kinda sound like Wilco if Wilco played surf rock lol.

I also play mandolin, autoharp, and a bit of keyboards :)

I play guitar and bass quite frequently. I also used to play saxophone and piano but i haven't played either in awhile now. Really should though...

I tried teaching myself the keyboard when I was in school but had no formal lessons. I got decent though I couldn't real effectively teach myself how to play chords, at least not back them.

I can wail on a set of Guitar Hero drums though. :p

I can play the guitar, bass, penny whistle and harmonica though i play the guitar a lot more than the others.

Drummer here. Spent the last 15 years as a touring sound engineer, but now I'm back to focusing on playing.

What do you call someone who hangs around musicians?
A drummer.
I've just( reluctantly) sold my drum kit.

Mandolin player here but had to sell my f5 - sigh - now using a flatiron from Wales - surprisingly good machine.

I play classic pieces, and like that song,"Piano Man", I play at a bar on the weekends, doing song requests. We have this amazing singer, and his voice just flows with the music.

Love it! I have done tons of dinners/cocktail hours before, but only once at a bar, along with my church. I was classically trained from when I was six before I took a couple years of jazz and quit lessons and started jammin;) Hope to catch you next time you are on...

Alto and tenor saxophones here! But a lot of other things depending on what you mean by 'play'. I can mash a mean tune on the piano!

Guitar and bass guitar here (an playing with synths).
Sometimes I sing aswell

Also played in the mandatory band.

Last edited:
Professional saxophonist and clarinetist (hence my screen name). Used to play drums in rock bands in previous life.... and enough piano and guitar to get by.

And when people pay me to, I'll pull out my flute. Usually for weddings. Yes, I know that sounded dirty :p

Back