The Exile Prince

KaiserS

Virgin
The chill soaked up through his knees as he stumbled once more. The snow crunching under his hands as he rested where he fell on all fours, thick breath blowing from his split, cracked lips. How many days had he been travelling now? Certainly more than a score, maybe a month even. The bandit attack had maimed his horse. They had paid for that with their lives, but that was no consolation now. Now he was two nights without sleep and approaching a third. A moment of doubt swooped across his psyche... Why had he betrayed his family? Why plot against his own men? What future power could be worth this exile? The questions drained away through his arms and legs into the frozen tundra beneath him. Drained away taking the last of his strength it, the sword on his back weighing heavy, as did his guilt. Night approached in a blink as his eyes closed and his body collapsed completely.

The sharp sting of ice on his cheek. The chill stabbing at his body.

His mind drifted.

The cold blast of a northerly wind on his features, driving through his clothes.

He dreamt.

The cool breeze of autumn on his face. The fresh light of the sun in the sky.

He was back where it had started, the morning after that strange dream. The beautiful face in the dream had wanted him to lead, had wanted him to control the armies of the South against the barbarian warlords of the East. He knew it could never be so. He was the second son and as such would always serve his elder sibling. It was the life he knew, the life he was prepared for, but not the life he wanted. He sat on his horse overlooking the vast armies at his father's disposal. The seed of a plan was forming.

Suddenly he was two days later, overlooking the left flank of the army with his brother “How could the barbarians have known the northern thrust was a decoy attack?” His brother had asked. Of course he had sent the message himself, but the time wasn't right to answer his brother truthfully. The plot and the dreams had become one, driven by that beautiful face.

Then he was on his knees, his face stinging, blood dripping from his lip. His legs weak with shock. His brother stood over him, tears falling from his face as evidence of the death of a father and the betrayal by his brother. Those wounds cutting deeper than any sword ever would. The word rang in the air “EXILE” but he barely heard it, such was the longing for the face from his dreams. The plan had failed but still she called to him.

“EXILE” the word barely a whisper.

“EXILE” freedom to follow Her.

Then he was back in his body. How long he had been there he did not know, but he no longer felt the cold of the ice that still lay underneath him. He knew his final moments were coming. The Exile Prince would die alone and cold. He could see death approaching, the figure in black robes swaying seductively as it approached. Surely this was Death come for him, betrayer, deceiver. The dark figure leaned over him, the pale hands pulling the hood back slowly. It was the face from the dream.

“Finally you have come.” The voice warmed him as it enveloped his frozen body “Come with me, we have much work to do my exile prince”

Consciousness evaded him once more. His soul was lost.

[This is my first attempt at RP so please forgive my clumsy attempts. I have no idea where this is going but I'd quite like to take it somewhere!

I see it starting as a dark tale of subtle manipulation from both sides using the talents that each character possesses as they plan the downfall of the male lead's brother and their lust for power. In my mind the woman is a witch of sorts, but this is not a high magical fantasy, but rather one where manipulation and misdirection is possible through mystical means but only with considerable skill.

Please PM me before replying so we can briefly discuss thoughts and direction. I hope I'm up high standards that is so often here on Lit!]

She had many names, some said she was very old yet she looked extremely young. Anyone that knew her true name was dead, and she had many plans. It was said she had lived many life times and kept coming back in different bodies. Her mind, the knowledge that she held was that of someone over one hundred would know. But her new body was only about twenty. Her eyes were a mix of blue and grey it was rather curious how her eyes were.

Her hair was jet black and went to her shoulder blades easily with its length, this prince she had seen. From a distance she could feel something deep within him, something that he didn't even know that he had. Something none in the castle could see or even feel it, and right now things were just going on and on in her brain. She had her reasons to want this prince for herself, the plans she started to slowly constructed and continued to work on it.

The witch just watched the prince to see if he had what it took, to do what he had to do. In order to get in her good graces so to speak, though they would just be using each other. But right now she figured she would do what she had to do something and she would do it as well. Right now things just seemed rather different, it was nice to get every moment like this in her head. To get what she wanted, and she had wondered one thing.

What would happen if she fell in love with the prince? it was something that was in the back of her mind. It actually worried her, she saw love as a very useless emotion. She had never felt it but knew what love did to some people, it could make you weak and crazy. But right now things just had to go her way, she refused to think about useless things. And perhaps if this Prince did what she wanted, perhaps he would get her name.

Eden watched the man she would use, even if things didn't go exactly as planned. She still had things she could do with him, and now it was not his time to die. Eden would never allow that, something in her shook her to tell her that this wasn't what was needed right now. She watched the body of the new exiled prince, and though she was covered in a black cloak. She smiled a little bit, and knew it was not his turn nor time to die.

“Finally you have come.” She said softly her voice gentle and true sounding, she knelt down beside the prince and noticed the wounds that he had. She waved her hand over the wounds and they healed very quickly. Most of her face and figure was hidden, her voice the only thing exposed. Though her voice sounded very young, perhaps it was a trick on the princes mind? or perhaps it was something else playing there.

"Come with me, we have much work to do my exile prince” She slowly stood up and helped him up. The wind moved her hood a bit and it exposed a very young face, taking his hand as she took him to her place. Which was out in the open, yet it wasn't. She had a spell to protect herself around her home, now she would warm him and to talk to him. Much was going to happen to him, and it would be fun in the long run.

The voice was kind, gentle and yet it called to his very being almost commanding him. In his weakened state he could not resist and with the welcome warmth that washed over him he didn't want to.

The shrouded figure helped him to his feet, an arm under his to aid his movement. A deceptively strong arm for such a petite frame. His own arm rested over the shoulder of his saviour, supporting himself as much as his pride would allow. The prince could feel a lithe, firm body under the heavy cloak - the thought of which drifted through him and evaded his barely conscious mind before he could take pleasure in the picture.

The icy stab of the winter breeze brought sharp, painful lucidness to his tired body as the hood was blown back a little. A glimpse of a beautiful face. A familiar face. Then it was gone again, recessed back into the shadows. The eyes. Those steely grey eyes. No, they were ice blue. Or were they grey, deep grey? His mind swam, the World a dream and reality all in one.
As is the way of dreams at one moment there were walking toward a dark cave in a hillside and the next he was being guided through a warm room, a fire blazing in the hearth, the tap and scraping of his boots on a wooden floor instead of the snow that was there an instant ago.

The realisation of his new surroundings slapped him awake. He somehow found the strength to push himself away from his companion, staggering away, landing hard on his ass. Looking up at the cloaked figure he forced the fear and confusion away.

“What sort of sorcery is this?” He waved around the room, noticing to his alarm that there was, in fact, no door. “Who are you, witch?” The prince pushed himself backward away from the imposing figure as it's shadow seemed to grow unnaturally until it filled the whole room, then subsided again. Blinking the exhaustion away, he leaned against a sturdy wooden chair, still himself seated on the floor. “Show yourself.”

Eden had only so much power she could not really bend wills, not all of them any way. It depended sometimes she could control people, but their will had to be very weak to do it. For a time she was able to control the prince. But she knew soon enough he would gain his strength and battle her so to speak. She could already sense that something would happen with him, it was just a matter of time. Her eyes and face hidden again, she was the kind of woman you would see yet not see at the same time.

All in all things were going to go her way no matter what, and right now she was just content. But then out of the blue and all of a sudden she felt him pull from her, she smiled a little bit as she could not help but smile. The way she smiled was hidden but it gave off the emotion of happiness that he wasn't so weak. Yet her face was like a black space, she heard what he said and knew it was time to show him what she wanted him to know. Her heart was beating quickly as things seemed so different now.

"Who I am isn't as important as you may think, I am everyone yet I am no one. I blend in to learn what I must, I have lived many life times just reborn every time. I am young yet old at the same time, I do not fear man and do not fear anything but perhaps weakness. You have seen me before, another face in the crowd that seems to know your every move that you make. But I am no threat to you, if I wished you dead prince you would be dead. For I answer to no one but myself" she said simply.

Eden normally didn't show herself to anyone, but she was rather curious about him. How he saw things, and right now things were as they should be. Her heart beating quickly and right now things seemed to become a bit more different then she thought. Right now she was just rather content, it was nice to be able to take moments like these. To rule over her emotions to get what she wanted in return. But she knew now she had no choice, so she reached for the tie that held her cape against her.

She pulled away the hood as she looked down, her black hair over her shoulders as she sat her cape onto the hook on the wall. She was in a pair of black pants, black long sleeve shirt and black boots that fit around her ankle, thick yet high heels. Looking up a little bit and within moments her eyes a mix of blue and grey looked onto the eyes of the prince. She stood exposed before the prince. Her voice and appearance looked so young, but how she spoke was easy to tell she had lived.

"Most people call me Mistress, but for you I will break my own rules. My name is Eden the witch of many faces" She said simply to him.

He watched transfixed at the woman's fluid movements. Listened to her words as they swam around him. He felt a strength come from her, something he didn't understand but the feeling a smooth warmth smothering him but at the same time opening him to her. He liked it.

His eyes followed the woman as she poured across the room, her cape onto the hook and as she turned... his eyes felt pinned open. She was lovely to look upon, but at the same time ordinary. Beautiful but forgettable. Her hair was of pure midnight, her eyes stars. The prince forced himself to look away, fearing enchantment, but as soon as he did he couldn't remember what she looked like. Only that he wanted to see her face again.

“My name is Eden the witch of many faces" she said, disarming in the way it was so simple, as if obvious.

Eden. Eden. Eden. The name ran around his mind, begging to be chased, but just as he couldn't remember her face the name also eluded him.

He rose slowly to his feet, steadying himself on the chair. As he stood fully he looked her in the face once more. The sudden rush of stimulation slapped him back once more. As he staggered it all become clear. Her hair, her face, her body, her name.

“Eden.” He tasted her name as he walked slowly toward her, every step revitalising him until he was face to face. His eyes met hers, they were grey again, but he could see them changing before him. He smiled at that.

“Eden.” He repeated. It sounded good in his ears. It felt good to say it. “I do know you, witch.” he paused as if testing how his next words would sound in his mind before sharing them “You are the face from my dreams.” Once said he knew he was right. “My scheming, my betrayal of my father and brother... My exile. All of these came from you.” He turned away sharply, flexing his muscles, clenching his fists. Tension filled the room as the two figures stood motionless.

In the distance a wolf howled, soon to be answered by it's pack and countless others. The song seemed to hang in the air until the prince turned fiercely back to face the witch again, but when his eyes fell on her once more any anger or tension faded into the night. The prince merely lifted his arm and took the witches hand in his own. Her skin was as soft as silk, warm and delicate within his grasp.

“Eden.” He paused again, taking a breath “My lady,” he smiled again “we do indeed have much to do if we are to rule this kingdom in my brother's place.” He wasn't sure if he could trust her, but he was nobody's fool. If the time came for her to be removed then he would see to it. For now at least he was happy to have company as lovely as her. “I suspect you already know, but my name is Loik. Formerly Prince Loik.” He bowed his lowest, deepest bow, never releasing her hand.

Eden watched him closely and did not know if telling his name was a wise thing to do, but she did not fear this prince. She could easily take on his whole army if she had to, but when she saw the anger she saw it on his face and in his hands. But she also felt it as well, its to the point where things seemed so nice. But even she knew that it could cost her everything, yet cost her nothing. Eden feared no man. She had done what she wanted, it had been that way for as long as she could remember.

Right now things seemed to fall into her lap, yet when he bowed his head to her and said what he did. She was not expecting that, it seemed nice. She had done what he said she did, and she would never lie about it. She wanted the prince, she wanted to do what she would with him. And right now no one was going to tell her what to do, this prince would do her bidding once her will had been done. But she knew that things came for a price, and she had no idea what was going to happen.

Sighing softly as she smiled the smile wasn't sinister it was rather kind and nothing behind the smile, she did what she would. Her hand on her hip as she was thinking about what to say to him, her mind rolling in the back of her head. Thinking of good and bad things, thinking that this could be a blessing but could be so much more then that. Right now she allowed everything to grow silent. And did not know what to say or do with this prince, she was lost in the way he looked at her.

But it was a nice feeling 'Yes I am the woman you have had in your dreams, I also see the want of power in your eyes as well. You are tired of being second best, so you will have your wish" She said simply, hearing the last thing he said she nodded a bit. Smiling as she grabbed her black hair and pulled it back in a pony tail. To get it out of her face, out of her eyes. Smiling a bit as she tilted her head a bit. Thinking about what he maybe up to, but it would be interesting to have some company.

She sat down and motioned for him to sit, she was enjoying the warmth of the fire and the crackling made her smile. It was nice to be able to feel so at peace, right now she just did not know what to do with herself. Her heart beating so quickly as she seemed to be checking him out, something she never did. But now she just didn't care, he was rather good looking that much she had always known. Crossing one leg over the other as she sat in silence for a few moments before nodding.

"You will rule this kingdom and in return I will be by your side, a voice in your court so to speak. And if I think of something else, you will be the first to know it" Eden said with a big smile on her face, well more like a grin. Standing up to get something warm for them to drink, she looked back at him and smiled. "And its impossible to bewitch someone like you Sire, you have strong free will" She said. Though she had no idea why the hell she just told him that, but knew he would end up finding out later.

Loik listened, his eyes never leaving Eden. He listened to her promises. He listened to her admissions. And he believed. How he could have dreamt of this woman before ever meeting her he knew could only be explained as sorcery and someone so powerful must be able to fulfil his desire for power, his yearning, his lust for control and respect.

The thought of Eden by his side fuelled his optimism for the future. He knew she had her own goals, he knew she was a dangerous creature but that just added to his conviction – her wicked magic and power would aid him and all her needed do was tolerate her by his side. A fate that, looking at the beautiful, bewitching woman in front of him now, would be a pleasure.

All the thoughts of possibilities racing through Loik's head made his blood rush. His face flushed and heated, his heart beat faster and his muscles tensed. The urge for power and promise of it's deliverance burned in him like never before. He stood and crossed to Eden in two easy strides. He stood before her, his waste at her head hight as she sat watching him intently. Swiftly her reached down to take her hands and lifted as much as guided her from her seat. She stood the merest distance from him, his chest heaving, his breath deep.

“We will rule, Eden. Together, you and I.” he looked down at her losing himself in her eyes and not caring. “It is how it is meant to be.” He held her against his muscular frame, feeling her small lithe body against him. Her presence intoxicating, his hunger controlling him. “Together” he breathed.

Eden watched the prince and grinned a bit it was going to work out at least for now, when it came down to many things she was just satisfied. Though in the back of her head she had to watch out for him using her. Since using each other was how fate would end up having it, and right now she was far from worried. Looking around as she just allow herself to feel, to enjoy the feeling as long as she could. She never trusted people, she always had trust issues there. But she honestly was not going to stop.

But hearing him move with her back to him, she was ready to fight if need be. But she heard what he said to her, it was promises but how good was a promise from a prince who was now in exile? Eden looked at him feeling his energy around him, it was strong and it was even bright. Though she was far from worried about anything. Feeling him her eyes locked right onto his as he promised what he did. She could see the hunger for power and the hunger to do what had to be done.

"As you wish, in time you will be the one ruling" She said simply.

Loik's mind deceived him, trying to tempt him into some sort of admonission of which he could could forget his own words. His will dissolved in the cold northerly wind , but to replace his will he found courage. Courage and a strength he thought he had forgotten.

The vision in front of him bemused him. Bewitched him. As Loik looked onto her eyes he relinquished a small part of himself. A part he knew he would never see again. A part he no longer wanted.

Loik pulled Eden close, tight. His arms strong and restrictive around her. Her body warm and tight against his. He leaned into her, his mouth open, expectant, as he pulled Eden's small frame onto his own. Thier mouths met first, then their tongues and the fate of years rushed through them both

Eden felt every little thing with him, she was surprised at herself. But she hadn't ever felt the warmth of a man. She had been hated for her powers, her strength and even her beauty. Her knowledge always dies with her. Perhaps it wasn't the power that made her who she was, her destiny always kicked her in the ass. It hurt her a lot to be alone, but being the woman that she is, she would never show sadness. And most of all she would never show any kind of weakness at all.

When he held her close, feeling his skin against her own. Feeling his warm skin, she was so afraid of opening up herself to anyone. She was terrified of being hurt, but something in her made her move. It was nice to feel such things, and as it was everything was meant to happen she thought. But when she felt his tongue against her own, she followed his lead as she wrapped her arms around him. If she had told anyone she was a virgin, she knew people would not believe it.

Back