Collaborations

You start a thread, appealing for collaborators.

It isn't easy. The Authors' Hangout has collaborated on Chain Stories, but there is a considerable amount of effort involved in setting the theme, agreeing who does what, when, and cajoling reluctant authors.

If you want to co-author with someone, you could try in the Story Ideas Forum.

But most collaborations work when the authors know each other, and appreciate each other's already posted work.

Most authors prefer to work alone. Collaboration can be harder than writing by yourself.

My collaboration (with Sabb, forming both Shabbu and Stephen Kessel pen names) started with one of us writing the start of a "scene" in an e-mail exchange and the other adding and expanding it--and so forth, until I just took it and packaged it into a story, which led to other stories written the same way--and then to books.

Oh, I see. I need to clarify a bit. I have a collab writing partner already. I was just wondering about how other collabs submit what they write here on Lit.

My collaboration (with Sabb, forming both Shabbu and Stephen Kessel pen names)

Thanks, that's one way to do it.

I've never done a collaboration, but earlier this year I did talk to another author about doing it. Our plan was to create a new ID, and mention in the biography section that the story was a collaborative effort between the two of us. Time constraints have prevented us from going forward, but perhaps in the spring we will find the time to do it.

Oh, I see. I need to clarify a bit. I have a collab writing partner already. I was just wondering about how other collabs submit what they write here on Lit.

My collaborator and I opened a new account in a third name. The profile identifies what other names we write under.

Back