The Earth Day 2011 Contest Support Thread

oggbashan

Dying Truth seeker
Earth Day (April 22)
themes: nature appreciation, outdoors, etc.
starts: March 28
closes: April 13
winners announced: April 20

As before, this thread is to encourage authors to write and enter, to support them when the muses fly away, to sympathise when trolls attack, and to shamelessly beg for votes.

For anyone who hasn't entered a themed Literotica contest before:

The advantages are that once you enter, your entry and all your writing gets more attention, votes, feedback and PCs than it would otherwise get. You also get support from members of the Author's Hangout.

The disadvantages are that you will also attract unwelcome attention from trolls and unenlightened critics. The sweeps of duplicated and illegal votes can cause heartbreak. You will probably curse the marking systems and fail to understand how they could possibly have done that to you. It can be a bumpy ride. If you want to know HOW bumpy, read one of the previous contest support threads.

Please ignore the outrageous unsubstantiated claims; the moaning, wailing and gnashing of teeth that occur in this thread over the contest and voting systems and concentrate on the benefits of writing contest entries. You can use the ignore function to remove those people who irritate you most from this or any thread.

If you really want your writing to improve, critics will be a factor. Entering a themed Literotica contest is one of the easier ways to get noticed.

If in doubt, go for it. You have nothing to lose but your virginity, and if you haven't lost it yet, what are you doing here?

Og

PS. And you could be eligible for the Author's Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest and win nothing but the awe and esteem of your fellow-writers.

Finished retooling my stalled V-Day story opening and edited the cover image, so I'm rebooting it into the Earth Day outing. The nature of the Wood universe lends itself to nearly any story written in it working for Earth Day, so it was really just a matter of editing all the weather :p

Now to finish the thing in time.

I didn't expect to win in the Valentines day contest and have already started a story for Earth Day. I'll probably enter it anyway just to be part of the fun. Best of luck to all who enter and remember for those that troll. My story doesn't count.
DG

I didn't expect to win in the Valentines day contest and have already started a story for Earth Day. I'll probably enter it anyway just to be part of the fun. Best of luck to all who enter and remember for those that troll. My story doesn't count.
DG

Experience tells me that doesn't matter *laugh* The trolls don't care whether you can win or not, your score must be destroyed anyway.

Silly trolls :p

Nature appreciation? But I thought that sheep shagging went against Lit site rules? There goes my idea for a story set in Wales. :rolleyes:

Wait a mo. If it's just a girl dressed as a sheep...

That would be perfect. As would a guy shagging a weresheep or Ovia, goddess of sheep or . . .

Mine is nearly complete. I just haven't decided whether to put it in Erotic Horror (a category I've never written for) or non-human. I'm still deciding who will be the 'victor' at the end. I might opt for the villain.

Hmmm.. I was iffy on the Valentine's contest.. but managed to get one in a couple days before the cut off...
I'm iffy on this one too. I don't think I've ever even read an Earth day entry, lol.
I'm going to have to give this some serious thought. :)

Now for an idea... or two.. nah, I'll be content with one, lol. :p

Hmmm.. I was iffy on the Valentine's contest.. but managed to get one in a couple days before the cut off...
I'm iffy on this one too. I don't think I've ever even read an Earth day entry, lol.
I'm going to have to give this some serious thought. :)

Now for an idea... or two.. nah, I'll be content with one, lol. :p

The Planet ravishing People is always good.

I am thinking of submitting but I have no idea what to write in the first place. I've never done a one shot before either for in reality it's more of a challenge for me lol. I am more into writing long, detailed-oriented novels hehe. What kind of submissions are usually submited? Obviously it's Earth oriented lol.

can we save africa?

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

worldpussy.jpg

[size=+2]
A.I.R. 2011 Earth Day Story Contest
[/size]

Coming soon… (entries will be accepted from March 27th until April 15th)​

[size=+2]Gabrielle L.[/size]
President, A.I.R.
Secretery of the MOST COMMENTED on
and the MOST VOTED on story clubs
Miami Beach, Florida

*sigh*

The ignore function is your friend, participants and posters. Unfortunately, we're unmoderated here, so you have to scrape the green scum off the edge of the pool yourself.

Well, for those of you who don't have Scouries and alts on ignore, you have to admit, it's a nice picture! :D

I am just speechless about that. My first thought was, "Is that a tatoo?" Because if it is, man that had to hurt!

Are you aware Earth Day and Good Friday are both on April 22? I don't know if that means much or not, but it might give somebody a plot bunny. :)

The story doesn't literally have to be on an "Earth Day" right? It can just be a normal exhibitionsit story of a woman in the outdoors I assume.

The story doesn't literally have to be on an "Earth Day" right? It can just be a normal exhibitionsit story of a woman in the outdoors I assume.

The requirements are very lenient, but nude exhibitionism might not get it. That would be fine for National Nude Day, the third theme contest of the year, but maybe not this one.

"Earth day" would be more along the lines of tree huggers and envro types more than nudist.

A back to nature type thing.

The story doesn't literally have to be on an "Earth Day" right? It can just be a normal exhibitionsit story of a woman in the outdoors I assume..
In the past I've wrote stories about coal mines, Lumber Jacks, Truck drivers that hauled trees and paper. Last year about a man that dug holes in a cemetary. I wrote one about, actually a couple, of stories about politicians and earth day parades.

Just include either Earth day in some way or something to do with the environment. Your characters can be nude running through an Earth Day parade. LOL Anyway, it is pretty open as to what you can write. Best of luck to you.
DG

Back